Very heavy menstrual
I just found out the other day that i had a uti i went to the doctor and she gave me antibiotics for the infection i only took one dose of the meds and had no other symptoms of the uti the rest of the night but the next morning when i got up i was spotting light pink. I have irregular menstrual cycles so i thought maybe the meds had caused my menstrual to start. not even an hour after waking up and realizing that menistration was coming i started to bleed very heavy and have been been bleeding very heavy for 2 days im filling a pad about every hour(sorry tmi) i have called the doctor and they just said that it may be my cycle trying to re regulate it self sence i lost alot of weight (i was very overweight) which caused my menstrual cycles to be very irregualr.
My cycle now has changed to a water like cycle
does anyone have any ideas on what i can do to get it to slow down a bit?
and advice is appricated
There are numerous reasons for having irregular periods. . High level of stress, cholesterol, hormonal imbalance, chain smoking, dramatic changes in your life style may be some of the common causes of you irregular periods.

If this was the first episode of irregularity in the periods, then wait for the coming cycle and try lifestyle modification by reducing stress and decreasing cholesterol levels. But if the repeat happens, then pls consult a gynecologist and get yourself thoroughly examined to diagnose the cause of irregular periods and start with the treatment. If there is heavy bleeding then you can get tranexemic acid and ethamsylate prescribed.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

I have seen my obgyn mutiple times over a the last 4 years and she has no idea why i have irregular menstrual cycles. She has ran test and hasnt found anything right after i had a child 4 years ago via c-section i bleed for 9 months straight (sorry tmi) and she did a biopsy and said the only thing she could find then was built up tissue my menstrual cycle went back to normal after that for about 3 months and then it started coming every few months to where i only have one about 4 times a year sometimes more sometimes less so i went back to my obgyn and she said it was due to my weight so i started losing weight now she is telling me that the reason for my menstrual cycle being like water is maybe it is trying to re regulate itself. is it possible that it is trying to re regulate from where i wasnt having them for so long? sence the doctor said there was nothing wrong