Vulvar Biopsy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Vulvar Biopsy

I recently had a Vulvar Biopsy done and I wanted to know if anyone has had one done and if so what was the healing time
I had one not too long ago. They took off a suspicious looking bump.  After about a week it looked like it had healed over.  Unfortunately it was in an area that was subject to some friction during sex.  Apparently it was not as healed as I thought and it opened up again and beld a little.

I would just say treat it gently and give it a couple weeks to fully heal.  Without any friction or rough contact though, it should heal up fairly quickly.
Thank you for the information.  Because I had it done about 6 days ago and I am still sore, so I was wondering if that was normal.
I had recently got a vulvar biopsy too, and I felt sore and itchy. Is that normal? Did you itch?
I went to the gyno yesterday for my normal check up and she tells me she notices just a few tiny bumps down there. I'm freaking out and she tells me she wants me to go for a vulvar biopsy because she thinks I may have hpv and wants to make sure it's not cancer. I've never had anything like this happen to me before...i'm terrified to get this biopsy..i've heard it's so painful, others tell me it wasn't that bad. Can someone please tell me something? I'm so nervous.
An autoimmune disorder called Behcet's Syndrome's initial symptoms closely resemble the herpes virus, causing vaginal sores, cuts, fissures, or folliculitis. Other symptoms develop years later, so it is very important that you find out just what it is that is causing your symptoms. Don't be too quick to brush it off as nothing, Behcet's disease affects people of every age and every race. It is important you see a doctor who know's enough to help you. Ask them about Behcet's Syndrome, if they don't know enough to tell you, they won't be able to tell you if you have it or not.
I went to get Cheked 3 days ago and I had
white spots inside my vagina.. I had to get a vulvar biopsy, I wasn't sure of what it was so I said ok let's do it.. I'm 23 yrs old & I'm so scared to find out the results I hope its not cancer my dr. Said that it would heal in a week I'm so... Sore and when I use the bathroom
it burns so bad hopefully it gets better soon and my results come up good I paid 900$ I never even knew what it was till now and I'm scared and the same day my dr said that I might not be able to have kids I am so sad right now...;(((