Want to be Pregnant

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Want to be Pregnant

Me and my husband are both fertile but we have not been able to have children yet anything we can do besides go to doctors and pay tons to get shots and pills???
Are you keeping track of your cycle and figuring out when you ovulate?  I use opk test to determine when I ovulate and bd every other day.  I desperately want a baby too. I'm in the 2ww right now.  I hope you get pregnant soon!
i have found the best thing to do is wait and eliminate all stress from your life.  dont try to hard because that adds stress.  you will be pregnant when you least expect it.  trust me i have three non planned children.  when i planned i never got pregnant.  when i gave up trying i was pregnant within 3 months.
good luck.
I would measure ovulation, either with a store-bought kit or by taking your temperature (the basal body temp method) and keep pretty good records.  Then when you do ovulate, have sex with hubby every other day during that period of time.  If you have good charts of, say, three months of ovulation, you will get pretty good at knowing when to expect it in relation to your period.  Then you can plan accordingly and have sex a couple of days before it comes, and then on the day, and then two days after that.  This doesn't involve doctors, shots and pills.

If you HAVE already done months of charting and still nothing is happening, ask hubby to get a semen analysis.  That does involve doctors, etc. (at least a lab) but it is the easiest problem to rule out, so most fertility workups start there.  Then take your doc's advice about what steps to try next.

Good luck!
Are you BBT charting?  It can take a healthy couple a year to conceving.  The chances of concevivng every month are around 25%.  Try BDing around the time of ovulation when BBT Charting...a couple days before and after. Best of luck!!!!!!
When I got pregnant it was an accident. My boyfriend and I had been together two years and at no time did we use protection (excpet for the very begining). I guess sometimes you just have to wait and let it happen even if it takes 2 years, but I'm sure that it will. Try not trying... worked for me! =)
P.S. This might sound a little gross, but a friend of mine was trying to get pregnant as well and she would "trap" the sperm up there with a tampon and it worked after only 3 mo's! You might wanna try it.
I had my first child when I was 19 then I found the man of my dreams and got married when my son was 18 mnths I went off my BC the last week in April of 2001 I got married on May 25 of the same year. I struggled after my son with irregular periods and finally was told I have POS which is the main cause of infertility so you may want to get seen by your DR. I wanted to have another sooo BAD that I was going crazy trying all the time but month after month I was let down then one night my husband said to me "Let God handle it for you are the most beutiful woman in the world if we ever have a baby he/she would be lucky to have YOU" tears,tears,tears so then in Feb of 03 I did not have a period but negative same as in March and April so then I decided I wanted BC again because I could not deal with the let downs any more so I was told by my Ob-Gyn to do a hpt and there it was + I bought 5 more test to make sure!!! I was already 13 1/2 weeks so do not ever give up hope but just realize it will happen to you when you least expect it for God seems to suprise us at the best of times!!!!LOL