Water Breaking-was I pregnant?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Water Breaking-was I pregnant?

Last week I thought that I broke, what seemed like a bucket of water from the vaginal area. The water did not smell like urine. I felt pressure, like I was starting my period, so I stood up and all of this water poured out. I did not think or know if I was pregnant. I have no spotting, I am a little sick to my stomach, light headed and I am leaking a little with some light cramping. I have not had my period in 8 weeks, but that is not uncommon. I am due to have my tubes tied next month. Should I call my dr.?
Hi, I think definately call ur dr, but I really dont think that was waters breaking, but it depends how much u mean? I dont think you would have that much at 8 weeks? Im not sure Im sure someone will.... and what exactly do u mean by leaking? Clear fluid? Bloody etc? Maybe you could try a pregnancy test? If you were pregnant it would show still. Also if u was unprotected etc that would make the chances higher.

Hope you get some answers soon, please keep in touch
It might be too late, but if you were that far along (i.e., if that late with your period and it was from pregnancy) you might just be able to get a positive reading on a pregnancy test even though a week has gone by.  If it says positive, I would go see the doc to get an ultrasound.  Other things it could be:  bathwater, swimming pool water, liquid from a cyst rupturing.  Good luck!
o yeah true about the bath watr, Ive had that before when I wasnt married tho, and that feels weird! But Annie she said shes leaking so maybe the cyst could be right? Is the pain in a specific place? I think go to the dr at any rate to get a general check.
redrose........what do you mean true about the bath water and having that before yu were married? do we leak water before marriage? should i have leaked? i have been married for 10 yrs and never have sprouted a leak. im joking in case you didnt know..hehe heehee but i am curious to know what you mean.

i am also curious as to what the poster went through. wish she posted back.

smillee.......besides, IF you were pregnant, no water would be breaking at 8 weeks. could you have just had your own regular discharge and you were exaggerating when you said you had a bucket of water come out?
Garden hose and rubber ducky comes to mind with this.  :-)
Does water coming out of your ear count?  That's the only bath water that ever leaked from me.  And if bath water came out in buckets afterwards, I would stick strickly to showers...and maybe the garden hose, LOL!
ya'll are cracking me up! :-)
sorry ladies....i was busy outside rolling up the garden hose. ahhhh!
Now smilee's NEVER going to come back. :)
I know..i was thinking the SAME thing. if i posted and this is what came of it...i wouldnt be back.  i guess you have to take that chance and have some fun every now and then to lighten things up and realize you dont have anything to worry about. laughter is the best medicine but i KNOW what you're saying.
yes, i personally was cracking my so funny jokes to redrose and not the poster. i would never make fun of someones worry. yeah, redrose needs to post and give me some ideas! LOL. things are getting "slow" over here!
Oh, pooh, probably she will come back.  I'm curious to know the connection red rose was making between being unmarried and having bathwater in the vagina.  Hmm, maybe I don't want to know. LOL
U guys leave me alone! Was ill thats why I was away. What I meant was I was sitting in the water and it went up there and when I stood up it came back out but it felt weird! And the reason why I said I wasnt married I dont really know! LOL maybe just to say that water coming out from there doesnt mean u have to be preg, I think I wasnt feeling well that day too!

At least I made some peopple laugh for a change!

But what I meant about the first post is that what I got from it she was saying that she had some gush then continued leaking as like when u got into labour. Maybe it wasnt a gush in the way she made it sound and the leaking who knows! Maybe she'll come back with an answer from the dr!

I cant show red on here but now I really AM a red rose!