Weird bumps in pubic area of vagina

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Weird bumps in pubic area of vagina

Hello and good evening! I'm 19 years old and a virgin. Well I don't know what wrong with me. For the past 3 mos. I've started to develop small/sm-med size bumps in the pubic area of the pelvic area. I don't know why. It seems as if it's some type of acne, because they do hurt and a few times pus seeps when ripen.
It can't be herpes because i've never had any sexual contact before.

Please help me!!!  

have you ever shaved that area? because it is possible to get razor bumps like you can get on your legs. It is also possible to get in-grown hairs. Other than that, I would have to say ask a Dr. :) Good luck!
hey im 14 and i have the same exact thing on mine and iv had mine for some time now and mine sometime hurt i want to go the doctor but afraid to stupid huh? when i wear panties it rubs against it and it hella hurts or when i take my panties off itheres bloos from that sore or sometmes the little bump gets stuck to my panties and that hella hurts too.so girl i got yopu on that one:)
This I think is very common, I as well have the "bumps" from time to time. And yes, they are pinful, and no mine are not an STD. I think it's just a common area to get cysts.
herpes doesnt neccessarily have to transfer from sexual activity. maternal parent can transfer it to a child at birth through blood exchange or in the birth canal.
Think on the lines of infected hair follicles, that may be what it is.
YOU CAN NOT CATCH HERPES FROM BIRTH.  THE HERPES VIRUS CAN CAUSE BLINDNESS WHEN A CHILD IS BORN IF THE MOTHER HAS A CURRENT OUTBREAK.  IN THAT CASE THE MOTHER IS TO HAVE A C-SEC.
YOU SHOULD SEE A GYN.  EVEN IF YOU HAVE NOT HAD SEX YOU STILL SHOULD YET A YEARLY EXAM.  JUST THINK THE DOCTORS SEE PROBABLY HUNDREDS OF PEOPLE THAT HAVE HAD THE SAME PROBLEMS.  HAVE ANY FRIENDS THAT COULD REC A DOCTOR???  SOUNDS LIKE THEY ARE PROBABLY INGROWN HAIRS.
informant...have to disagree there...genital herpes can be caught from the mother at birth, (my teacher used to work for STD unit in the navy), IF the outbreak is in the canal. remember that our precautions that we take today are not the same precautions that were taken when each of us were born.
THE PERSON IN QUESTION HERE IS A 19 YO GIRL.  HER MOTHER, IF SHE HAD VAGINAL HERPES, WOULD BE CHECKED WELL.  EVEN IF SHE WAS BORN 19 YEARS AGO.  THEY STILL DID C-SECTIONS THEN.  EVEN THEN IT WAS KNOWN TO CAUSE BLINDNESS!!  NOT A LIKELY CAUSE OF THIS GIRLS PROBLEM.  SHE SHOULD JUST GO SEE A DOCTOR.
thank you informant, but my mom didnt have any herpes when given birth to me. its something to think about but mym mom did go around or anything me and 3 bros came from the same father and mom. but i dod appreciate the thought.
cougarcub suggested the herpes.  I don't think that is what this is.  Have you gone to the doctor???  What did you find out?  There was another young girl with the same problem and it would probably be good for her to know what they told you.  Hope everything was okay.
helo im 19 years old and i have discovered a bump in my vagina area about a month ago, and my stomach hurted really bad.but it went away so i didnt worry to much now its back again but bigger. at both times there was puss coming out of the bump. but they really dont hurt. i am a bit worried. i also noticed at both times they occured almost a week before my period. and i could probably say that it could be razor bumps but i shaved about a week and a half ago and now it appears.

I NEED YOUR HELP IM WORRIED!
i have a weird bump on my pubic area, and i thought it was a pimple and tried popping it, but it just comes back. what do i do. i don't have sex, so that can't be a std or anything. what do i do?
im 15. and i too have a little bump. it doesnt hurt. i shave so it might be a razor bump. but im kinda scared. ?? what should i do
and i po it and pus comes out then blood. could it just be a pimple?
i too have weird bumps in that area but also on my upper thighs where i dont shave so im not shure what it is but i think its just pimples how gross is that but they get huge and hurt really bad i kept poping one and now there is a blackish scar there i just want them all to go away.
okay so i have these weird pumps that hurt really bad and i don't know what to do. they started at my pubic bone and are slowly making there way down my lags and i have some on my arm . i haven't told my parents are any one.
i thought i was the only one at first with these. and now i can't walk it seems like they get worse in the after noon.
it could be from the cheep razeser i use but they are on my arms.

i dont know what to do someone give me some answers
p.s i am 14 and i am not sexually active ...??

I am 23 yrs old and I too have them bumps on my vaginal area. When I squeeze it puss and blood comes out and they very badly I went to the doctor about it and she told it was a cyst they could come from bad eating habbits. Just want to let you girls know.
it sound to me like you have boils. my mom gets them. they can get rather large and if you pop them you have to make sure you get everything out of it. if you dont it will just keep coming back until you do clear it completely. i sometimes get them too on the very top of the inside of my thighs. they are rather painful and leave dark scars as well. my mother and i have both been to the doctor about it and there really isnt anything you can do. try to keep the area clean and dry as much as possible. the best thing i have found is simply applying cornstarch to the area in the morning and at lunchtime if i can. sleep without underwear so the area can breathe and shower daily. other than that the doctors will probably tell you the same.
hi i'm 18 and i have read your stories.i also thought i was the only one with painful bumps which blood and pus come out of on the vaginal area.i didn't tell my mom cause i was scared.i thought i had an std. so now i know what it is and now i will follow the dirrections of the messages at the top.
I am 16 years old and also have found strange bumbs in the pubic area of my vagina. At first i thought it was razor bumps because i do shave, they came out to the top inner thiegh and they hurt when i when i wear underwear because it rubs and makes it extremly discomforting. but they seem to be geting bigger and look like giant zits, because they do pop and puss followed by blood...mine have not gone away and i have noticed them for about a year....i clean myself daily and am afraid to go to the doctor in fear that its a std

anyy help!!!!
Omg.! I thought I was the only one with this problem. I have the same bumps with pus and blood, and they really hurt. I am a tad bit afraid to tell my parents, or even to go to the doctor. I really want to go away soon, they have been here for a long time, and quite frankly they're putting a hold on my relationship. I don't want him to think I have like herpes or something. I haven't had sex yet, so I know it can't be a STD, STI, or something like that. Does anyone know what to do? I just want them to be gone?
I am seventeen and i am sexually active. i have only had sex with two people and i have recently discovered that i have bumps around my vagina. nothing has come out of them when i tried to squeeze, but there are numerous ones. I shave down there regularly and i have never gotten these.  i am scared to go to the doctor in fear of it being an STD. does anyone have any answers? please
i am 18 and have a a big bump that looks kind of like a mosquito bite on my vaginal area...its only sore when i was it and it doesnt hurt otherwise it doesnt leak or anything and it isnt red or bleeding...i do shave sometimes but this bump seems too big to be a razor bump and like many others i am too scared to tell my mother and doctor...if anyone with the same problem has been to a doctor tell me your outcome please...it might help me get the courage to go
A lot of people do not know this.  Herpes  one is when you have a cold sore like on your mouth.  Herpes 2 is the STD.  You can develope herpes 2 if you touch a cold sore and then touch you vagina area.  Or if a guy does oral sex and has a cold sore on his mouth.  Herpes two (STD) can develope in this manner
im only twelve im not menstrlating im a virgin(duh) and i don't masterbate often i got this bumb on my vagina a few days ago should i go to a doctor?
im 19 ,i have recently discovered a bump on the inside of the lip on my vagina its kinda hard and hurts if i sit wrong or stand wrong i havent had sex in two yrs so i have no idea what it is dont wanna go to the doctor cause i dont have the money and i dont wanna be embrassed if its something stupid . does anyone have a clue of what it could be ........i noticed it the next day after i found a lil tape worm on my bed from my cat im kinda scared lol
leave a wet cloth on it for a half an hour and dont sleep with underwear on sterilize it with alcahol (alcohol) and wash it daily and within a week it should help dramaticly
Gurly I hav tha same thing all tha time.ever since I was a teen and I'll be 19 in 6 days..i hav one now..thats how I found this link on yahoo..i was searching for answers but i've heard from a doctor a lil while bacc that its just ingrown hairs..its very common..hate it but it happens..
I am 24 and a mother, i always get these things on vaginal area, they really aren't nice, and they can be down to bad eating habits, and constantly wearing underwear or tight fitting clothing, shaving in the vaginal area is a really  really bad idea and can cause all types of infections, and yes they can be passed down from mother to child, in some severe cases they can cause blindness but only through really bad hygiene, if you want to get rid of hair use hair removal cream or wax for extra sensitive skin because the more you shave the thicker and faster it grows back, and will irritate the skin further, broken skin adds to the conclusion, i think these cysts/boils/bumps are just one of those things us women have to put up with, but i use something called sudocrem usually used on babies for nappy rash etc but it can be used on boils, cuts, and infections, and i have used it for years and it never lets me down, but you only need a little bit spread it on thinly and keep the area as clean and dry as possible use a hot flannel as this will open up all the pores so you can clean it effectively, drink plenty of water because this also helps, a pint of water with every meal and one in between, the bumps won't disappear completely but sometimes they do, and the scars can be helped with a tiny bit of baby lotion or perfume free moisturising lotion, do not use soap in your nether regions because this is the most common cause of spots (im talking from experience) i went a week of just using hot water and my vaginal area was much cleaner and fewer cysts but as soon as i used soap and bubble bath they started back up again! soap is a really bad idea to use ont he vaginal area sop just wash around it on the inside legs, i hope this helps a bit, talcum powder is really good at keeping the are dry as well.
Thanks for that. I'm 19 and even before I started having sex I would get things like that on my vaginal area. Before it was no big deal though. I got a kick out of popping them, and now I have so many scars. But when I started "googling" and what not that's when I freaked and thought I had an STD, all the while trying to realize I got these things before I was even having sex. Either way, I'm going to the doctor on Monday to see what's going on. I remember asking my mom what they were, she's a Physician's Assistant, and she quickly asked me if I was having sex. At the time I wasn't so I know it might be something else. No pain during urination, I do get occasional UTI's. But other than that the bumps show up all the time, I try not to pop them anymore but my underwear or whatever messes with them and then they hurt if I lay or sit a specific way. I get them all over my vagina, not all at once, like I'll get 3 at a time in completely different places. My mom thought it might have to do with me being obese and have huge thighs so that area can't breath? I don't know. I'm not a doctor and won't try to be. She'll straighten that out Monday. This is like the first time I got these bumps before my period and during so I did get freaked out, but since I found this thread not so much. I know it's common. And I determined to find out what I need to do to kind of just keep this annoyance at bay. Even the lady in the Herpes forum said it sounded like something else.
Also when I popped them, pus and blood would come out and it would be irritated. They never ache that much. They itch occasionally. Ever since I can remember I've been getting them. No flu like symptoms, nothing. So I don't know. The doctor told me she'll check it out for me. I wish you ladies luck in finding what's wrong with you. But I do think that monkeymom is right.
I used to think I was the only one with this problem. I started getting these bumps before I started having sex and they are always on my knicker-line. I was propmpted to go to my doctor when my boyfriend noticed one. The doctor assured me that it was a cyst and that it's quite common for women to get cysts in the pelvic area as our glands work really hard to catch infections before they reach more sensitive areas! They may not be nice and are a little uncomfortable but it shows that your body's working well! She did suggest keeping a little bit healthier though, just to help the body out! I would recommend going to your doctor just to put your mind at rest.
Okay well hello everyone im 15 and like everyone else i have these bumps and the same symptomes (not sure if its spelt that way) at the same place and well im getting really worried its been about 1-2 months i have these and well now it seems like i have more then befor but i dont know what to do and i dot know what it is.Im really scared and i really dont want to talk to my mom about this or go see a doctor to talk about, im shy.I never had sex so it can't be a STD.

Does anyone have more information about this? Im kinda freaking out alone and really scared...
I would appreciate if someone could help me.Thanks even if u can't thought.
Sorry forgot to say that i eat good so I don't think it can be that and that its not because of shaving .. those are different then what i got.
i have these pumps too and some really hurt. i do have sex but just with my bf and me and him are totally loyal.. i really want them to go away..it makes it hard to try to keep the area clean since im on my period
I can NOT explain how HAPPY, and yet not completely relieved I am. I have been wondering since I was wayyyy younger (I'm 16 now) what was going on with me.....I would talk to my mom, but at a certain age, I stopped because I was no longer comfortable with that. Ever since, I've been driving myself nuts thinking of why I had these stupid oubreaks!!!! Like many of you, I thought it was an STD, but I too had them prior to having sex (only did that twice). I still hate them, because they make me feel uncomfortable. I know that they're there, and it's just annoying!

I was wondering...how does this make you all feel? When you have these things, how do you feel if you're with your boyfriend/ husband/ special friend, and you know it's there...when you know he'll see it if you guys are about to get physical?   Don't you feel extra weird? I mean, I'm 16, and sex isn't for me. I'm not active, I've only had sex twice, and I don't plan upon continuing to do so, but I still don't like it. Like, when I speak to my boyfriend about intimacy and he's saying things in my ear, it doesn't have the same effect on me. I'm attempting to think of what he's saying, but mentally,  thinking of my bumps, which would make an intimate moment between us very awkward.          
If they are bumps in the vaginal area UNDERNEATH the skin then they could be Bartholin cysts.  They're caused when fluid is blocked in the gland either by infection or a physiological problem. The cysts are not caused by diet and you can't get them from others.  Also can't be prevented. They're really nothing to be alarmed about (they're actually somewhat common for women)  For most part they go away on their own but if they become painful or warm to the touch they are infected. You'll need to see a doctor to get on in antibiotic or, worst case, have them drained.
Ladies, calm down !  I'm not sure where the "health experts" are who are supposed to be responding to you, but most of what I have just read in the above comments is absurd.  Particularly the woman whose doctor was going to was going to check into it; if said doctor was either an OB/GYN of either gender, or a female physician of any specialty, then you need to switch doctors today!  (This time, aim for one with an education and a license).

The problem most of you are describing (painful bumps in the vaginal area that, if expressed, generate pus and -- if you continue expressing after all the pus has been released -- then some blood as well) is caused by what can best be described as "annoyance from friction".   That friction can come from a partner's movement, from rubbing against a pillow, etc. (I suspect the younger writers will know what I mean here ?), underwear, tight jeans, etc.

The "treatment" is to clean your hands thoroughly with a anti-bacterial soap or wipe (or wear lab gloves !), squeeze out the pus, use a washcloth to clean the area with soap and water, and then apply a little bit of triple-antibiotic-ointment (like neosporing cream, although you can get the same stuff cheaper by using a store-brand equivalent).  

Yes, you will get them again ...and again... friction is part of life.

HOWEVER...for those of you who are describing additional or different symptoms  (e.g., no pus; spreading over other body parts, etc.).  this is NOT what you have --- please DO make an appointment to see a doctor.

Bona fides:  yes, I am a doctor -- I do biomedical research on infectious diseases (which this is definitely NOT !)
hi guys , just reading your comments, i have been getting these bumps for years now doctors dont know why im getting them ive had my blood tested and everythings ok with it. as soon as you notice a bump keep a close eye on it sometimes they go away but sometimes they get really big, i had a small lump in my arm pit and i tried squeezing it and nothing happened it just hurt, so i left it it got bigger and bigger i was convinced it would pop but it didnt, they can increase quite quicky in size. 2 weeks in it was the size of a golf ball, the pain was so bad i went to A & E , i was admitted for surgery to have the lump removed, after surgery i had months of daily  trips to the treatment rooms to get the wound packed, as the wound has to heal slowly, i have never felt pain like it, the worste bit about it was that if i had went to the doctors sooner surgery could have been avoided, now when i get a lump i keep an eye of it, if it grows and becomes really painful so straight to the doctor, a simple course of antibiotics works, please dont leave going to the doctor too late
I'm 15 and havnt had sex and I have the same problem but I'm to scared to tell my parents or a doctor can anyone maybe find out what's wrong
I'm 21 years old and I shave a lot and I also have these weird bumps on my pubic area.  I popped them and they still come back harder and it won't pop.  And I have sex with my boyfriend like once every 2-3 months.  Should I get really worried this or is it something common.  Please answer as soon as possible.
iam 14 and iam a virgin and these bumps on the outer layer om my vagina are small and i want them gone they just popped up out of no were and idk what to do i told my mom and she bought me some hydricortizone also scarzone for bumps and etc and it works but i just want them gone completely can any body help me?
I have a big bump on top of my vagina and some times i try and pop it but it wont pop! i dont know what it is and were it come from but some times it comes and goes.
everyone this might not be the case for everyone but my mom has the same thing and mes as well only not on my pubic area.....this may be a boil especiallly if i t hurts and comes right back after being popped....they will get infected if you keep messing with them.....and hurt very very badly so go see  doctor asap.....for the ppl that are scard of going to the doctor well plz go its better to know than not to know so that you can work towards getting rid of whatever it is.....
I am 13 and have the same exact problem the only difference is I haven't had my period yet.anyway war they are,are pimples they are caused from discharge when it gets to bad , when you don't wash good , or sometimes shaving it is not caused by any sexual intercourse  or fingering well actually they can be caused by fingering if you have dirt on your finger so make sure they are clean my doctor just told me to wash good and where pads tocatch discharge and blood from when your pimple pops or where a tampon for discharge and a pad for your pimples blood
I'm 14, I'm a virgin and I don't shave that area but I have similar simtoms. My vag hurts and there are cut-like shallow wounds appearing, the clitrosis kind of BLEEDS and is both swelled up and red. I also have this weird bump-like swelling between my vagina and anus. What should I do? I'm kinda scared to go to a doctor (probably cus' I'm not used to speaking about my 'that-place' and wahat if he wants to take a look!) Could it be because of the medisines I've been taking? Since I have had to take pensilin and what-not medisines to get rid of late ear infection I shouls have gotten as a child.  Does that have anything to do with my vag ploblem?
Please ANYONE answer this cry for help, I can't take it much longer.
GO SEE A DOCTOR.  They can give you a correct diagnostic and prescribe something useful.  

You can get weird bumps from developing a yeast infection, bacterial vaginosis, if your wearing panties that are too tight, you have an ingrown hair, your sebaceous gland clogs, you're not washing well enough down there, you're scrubbing too much, etc.  It's a GENTLE part of your body that isn't protected by the same type of skin on your arm.

I really do not see the reason to be scared to go to the doctor if you are NOT SEXUALLY ACTIVE or even if you are, and you are over 18.  Even for someone under 18, you can ask your doctor to be confidential with you.

I have a weird bump on my vagina, but I think it might be a sore from the tampon rope.  I am on antibiotics as I just had my wisdom teeth out. I am 32, I am on my period, I have been tested for STDs, and I only have one sex partner, who has also been tested for STDs.  

After reading all of this, I am CALLING MY DOCTOR TOMORROW, because as with any pimple or boil, it is full of infection and by diddling it, you can make it worse or spread the infection.  

As for people whose mother's had herpes, if the mother does not report the herpes, and she has an outbreak at birth and the child is passed through the birth canal, the child ends up with herpes ALL OVER, not just in isolated areas.  Seriously, is sex education in this country this ommissive?

GO TO THE DOCTOR IF YOU ARE IN PAIN.  

CALL A DOCTOR because as with any pimple or boil, it is full of infection and by diddling it, you can make it worse or spread the infection.  

GO TO THE DOCTOR IF YOU ARE IN PAIN.  
Sweetie you need to see a dematologist its not herpes or an STD , usually these symptoms are caused by PCOS Its nothing to be ashamed about if its hard to lose weight and you constantly miss periods go see an obg/yn

Good Luck
I have these lumps and bumps and found out they were spots/boils, usually i get them if its hot, and/or from wearing tight underwear. They are blocked pores similar to spots on the face. If you are going to pop them make sure you keep the area clean, and dab a bit of antiseptic on afterwards. However it is likely they will come back if you are prone to them.

If they are causing you a serious problem, or you are still concerned go see your GP. you can request a female if you want and they will be more then happy to help

I dont think its liekly to herpes, but it could be genital warts if there is no pus/blood/weeping from them. its best to go to your GP to check, and they can easily be treated with creams or by freezing them off
I'm not trying to lose my virginity and all, but i jus wonder if guys c razor bumps on girls all da time??? nd if dey are okay with it. any personal experiences or anything...
First off, do not trust your health to a persons best uneducated guess, take your health seriously and go to the doctor asap. Being afraid to find out what is wrong will not cure the problem or help you. Be smart and get medical attention. To all the teens talk to your parents about this issue or someone you can trust who is an adult. Ladies take care of your  selves by protecting making sure you are in the best of health, even when you are afraid, sometimes the smartest thing you can do is seek a professionals advise.
I'm havin the same problem as shybloosom86.... Can somebody tellme e wat it is.... I dnt have sex I only receive oral sex
i have the same thing i really thought i was alone. i'm stil a virgin and i have these weird bumps i dnt have a boyfriend cause of these ingrows or cyst what evers
darling use probably just have a hair stuck under the skin. just pop it get a pair of pluckers and pull the thing out. i get them often from shaving.
Thank you very much for explaining, and even giving a step by step on how to treat myself. I am sexually active, though I haven't had sex in over six months, though I am a chronic masterbater, and am also 18. Just the over night I felt itchy on my pubic bone, and when I scratched myself, I felt a sharp pain from a very tender spot. I brushed it off, and now, being the next day, discovered that previous spot I scratched to be swollen and still very tender. I thought it was a pimple, and popped it. Pus came out, and I was extremely alarmed, even when a lot of blood came out. I called my mom, explained, and am scheduled for an appointment in the next two days. I've never had this before, though, I think I might have had it once, but it wasn't as large and swollen as the one I have now. I drained the pus and blood (though a little bit of blood keeps spotting out), and the swelling has lessened, though it still hurts a bit. I have Vitacilina, which my mom suggested I use. I feel uncomfortable when I walk now. Regardless of everything, thank you for your words, and giving a helping hand!!!
This is not normal but I suspect it is an under-reported problem called hidradenitis supparativa. I didn't hear of this until after law school.  I had an ob/gyn who diagnosed it.  Specifically, find a dr that knows what it is. Don't wear tight clothes, get laser hair removal, stop smoking, lose weight, don't overdose on chocolates. For me it is like having zits in a gross place, but the scars don't go away. For some it is much more debilitating. Knock on wood. I don't know if I spelled it correctly but google will help. It ***** and the more of us the dr's know about, the less they will ignore, incorrectly diagnose, and fail to find cures for! Also I think antibiotic soap and acne treatment (like for the face but down there) help.
Im 14 and i have boils all over my vagina area and some of them hurt and some of them are just there .. i really need help cause im affraid that they will never go away !
i know whats going here, ive had and seen this same exact problem before a couple times.
it NEVER hurts to ask a doctor...but here is otherwsie.

bartholin cysts suggestion is  NOT!! at all absurd.
and shaving can be a major contribiution to whats going on here, but not limited to.
its an infection in the sweat/lubrication glands....extremely common. most women find at least one, ranging from small to worrysome large, in the pubic/vaginal area from the ages of 16-30, not limited to.

keep it clean, do not pierce or pop it, use a hot rag to reduce swelling, allow time to heal. if its been a while and your still concerned, ask the doctor, it could be in need of a little extra help.

but not uncommon, most women experience it from time to time. also try shaving with shaving gel, and in the direction the hair grows to avoid irritation.
I'm 15 years old and I've had them bumps too. I've only had them a couple of times and it usually seems to be at the top of my vagina, they can be sore sometimes. I haven't tried to pop them but they don't look like they'd be pimples. They're not herpes as I haven't had any sexual contact and I'm too scared to visit the doctors. Can anyone help?
i'm 16, & i also have these bumps on my vagina lip.
i've had them for quite sometime, they come & go.
i know it's not an STD, but it hurts when i touch them, & when i pop them a clear lquid or sometimes blodd and puss come out! it freaked me out!
I thought I was the only one with this problem. it might be a yeast infection.. I really don't know.. any advice??
i'm having the same problem. i'm so scared! my boyfriend has only been with two people and i've only been with three, and all of them were clean. but we had sex this past weekend and i did shave right before he came to visit, but i dont know why i suddenly get bumps!
I have the same issue here and im only 13. Thought i was the only one. Im not into the idea of telling my mom or going to a doctor. Im still a virgin so this scares me a lot. theres only one and it really hurts when i stand up or sit certain ways or take a hot shower. im freaking out, anyone have any ideas to what this is???
Hello everyone. I am 29 years old and I've been dealing with the "bumps" since I was thirteen. For most of you, it has nothing to do with sex. Get help because it can get MUCH worse it you dont treat it now. It is called Hidradenitis Suppurativa. Look it up, read about it compare pictures, and do as much research as you can. Go see a doctor! I didnt for years because of the areas it effects and now I have to have numerous surgeries to remove these. NOT FUN! I remember what it was like to be a teenager and you dont want anyone to know about you issues but I promise if you take care of it now, it wont be as bad later! I hope this helped!
I am over forty years old, and I too occasionally, (a couple times a year) will get a raised bump in the pubic area. They are cyst like they will usually go away after about a few days. I find warm baths or apply a moist very warm wash cloth to the bump really helps.
im 24 and i have always had these lumps. i had a bag one over twp months ago which puss and blood came out but its formed a lump under my skin now. And its hard it wont go away please help!
its called a boyel, idk how to spell it. but u have to go to the doctor an they have to cut it to remove and they will give u medicie to stop the infection, and then more medicine for the pain, then more medicine so u wont get them anymore. if u are too embarrased to go to the doctor u can use a super hot wash cloth and put it up there everyday and that will help to pop it,and u can squeeze it, but after that put some anti-bacterial creme and a band-aid on it.
i have red little bumps but it doesnt have blood or nothing coming out just a dot is that a razor bump i was scared at first i looked up herpes cuz i heard u can get it from kissing but it looked nothing like it and it looked something like a razor bump but wasnt sure . and alllllll yall got cysts its just a gross bump with blood nothin serious just somethin common in us girls
Whether or not your bump is an std or just a recurring cyst/ boil or what ever it is very important that you get seen by a doctor anyway. If you are young and are having sex you need to speak to your doctor to put you on a form of birth control (this still doesnt prevent stds). You all are afraid to go to the doctor and I can understand from experience but it is better to be prepared for an opportunity than have an opportunity come and not be prepared. Ask yourselves this question... If it is an std and I dont go what will happen? vs If I have an std and go what will happen? When you get seen the doc can diagnose you and work towards curing you. Be smart ladies. And dont wait for your parents to come to you because many will not. Go to your parents and let them know what is going on with your bodies. 9/10 times your mothers have gone through what you are experiencing. This is your life. Your health. Dont be afraid. Step out and be different. Practice abstinence for those who are still virgins and those who are not practice celibacy. Trust me it is worth it in the end.
Hey. I'm a 13 year old girl and I'm not sexually active. I woke up this morning and I had a small cluster of bumps near the top of my pubic area, in the hair there. They are really itchy sometimes and I tried to pop them but no pus or anything came out. Can someone please tell me what I have?! If I makes any difference, I do masturbate so could it be from the friction?!

Oh please help!
Oh and btw, THANK YOU in advance.
About a week back my vagina started to really itch and i dont know why? i am very sexually active, im 16, but i have noticed on my vagina a piece of skin what is like hanging off, im scared of it being a genital wart! and im scared of going to the doctors to get it it checked out!
I have the same thing. But i have two small/medium size bumps on the left outer side of my labia. Im terrified, Im 18 years old. Have had many partners. usually I have sex with condoms but sometimes i was unprotected. Now i have this small bumps above my clitoris in the pubic area that are barely raised off the skin but if i mess with them they bleed. The two that are on the outer left labia are more raised however, and one of them is flesh colored but i've messed with it before and it bled along the bottom. I am very scared what this might be. I'm so terrified I get sick, i'm depressed, and im terrified to tell my dad. But with how i'm feeling I think i might just cry to him and let it all out. Cause i'm so scared and i need to get checked. I honestly don't think its an STD but at the same time i don't know. it would be very possible.
im 14 and i have bumps in my pubic area and they are SUPER painful... i can barely walk sometimes and getting up from sitting or lying down kills me. im gonna go to the doctor but i feel dumb cuz after reading all the comments, doctors dont really do much. im kinda terrified of wats gonna happen and i just want the pain to go away.. ): HELP PLEASE!!!
I woke up this morning and not on my vagina but on the side kind of in the crease of my leg i had a bump. i squeezed it but nothing came out at first then i scrapped it and just liquid came out. i have had that happen before and the dr said it was from using an old razor.  what do yall think?  in one day my partner and i had sex quite a bit (just reuniting) and i started getting really irritated after all that.  it look like bad razor burn in which i had just shaved. the next day i started on some very strong antibiotics for strep throat and i felt like i was getting a yeast infection. i called and got a prescription for the one pill and took it but was still on antibiotics it did get better but i had rubbed it so much from it itching i made it worse. I looked for any blisters or anything on my vagina and lips and found nothing it was just really red and i had broke the skin from rubbing it so much. its getting better but i think i'm going to call my dr and get another prescription and see if that works. i let it get so bad and waited a few days before getting my meds.  
What do yall think
I have the same exact problem, but I'm too embarrassed to tell my mom or the doctor. it's not something I like to share. I don't know what to do. I'm scared :/
Hi i am 18 and a lezbian. never had sexual entercourse with a man but i started to get these red bumps around my vaginal area. Now my partner  has a disease called Mersa. she caught it from her 8 year old autistic nephew. I started to get these bumps about 3 or 4 years ago. could her having mersa and touching me have an effect on it? And because i have had these for so long could there be any way of getting rid of them?
HEllo im 18 years and im a virgin i have spots in the virgina and when i itch them they burst puss =/ im worried about this becasue im afraid theres something wrong with me =/
Hi! I'm 21 years old and a mother of one. Just 2 days ago, I noticed and felt a bump around the pubic area. There was a large bump-(purplish color) surrounded by smaller red bumps. The larger bump-(Feels hard) was the only problem because it was causing me pain where I can barly walk but it does not itch. Today-(Sept 08) it popped by itself as I was trying to clean it. Pus&blood came out with a strong odor. After wiping and cleaning it, blood is the only thing that is coming out now. I'm still feeling the soreness from it. I would go to the doctor but because of no health insurance and being in debt, I wanted to see if anyone has had this&found out what it was. Thanks a bunch!
This happens to me as well. I can't say it's because of sex because this was happening to me as well way before I was sexually active. It's usually after I shave in that area. I get razor bumps and when they stay there too long or if I don't pop them they get bigger almost like cysts and they bleed when I squeeze them and it stings. I want to go to the doctor but my mom has to be in the room with me and I'm embarrassed. Also if anyone knows about tampon irritaion because I think my tampon has done that. It can't be anything else because I just noticed it yesterday while changing my tampon it's uncomfortable like it stings and I think I'm a little swollen down there. Please help if you can. Email me at deedra_thejanetfan***@****
I have the same prob I'm 14 and I have this bump that's black that's right between my thy and vigina (vagina) I never had sex before so it can't be herpes and I'm kinda scared to tell my mom cuse she will take me to the doctor and I don't want that about the bump it really really hurts and every so often puse and blood comes out of it I don't know what to do about it please help PLEASE
I am 40 and my cousin (who is 36 both) and I  get these bumps/pimples in our genital areas.  We thought we were alone!  We jokingly call them ***** canks!  LOL  (or P-canks for short)  I'm glad to know that this is more common than we thought it was.  Sometimes they can be really painful!  
It's not a STD at all.  My son, daughter and I get those.  My daughter and son went to the doctor and/emergency room and they were told not to use razors in that area, but nair or same type of product to avoid those bumps and to keep that area dry.  It only happens when using a razor and not drying well after a shower.  Sometimes I use alcohol after shaving...painful, but no bumps.  Better get the other soft products.  
well i have the same , thing ! and im going to the doctor today & im ashamed but hey everybodys not perfect , ima virgin to & never did anything & i have so it has to be razor bumps
Hey :) guyz i thank u 4 yr help.! i mean i too do have some of wat you guyz have/experienced on my pubic area and i thought i was alone on this:( reason for that "its because of when i saw some of my friendz vagina" they had n0thing like mine so i was like so so scare but now knowing that am not al0ne on this kinder eaz thingz a bit and know am planning to go and see Doctor cause of you all so THANK  YOU to those who felt free enough to talk about it hear and alert some like me that its a common thing and to those who advise i thank u as well.........................
I don't know if u have the same things I do it looks like skin sticking up and I only get mine on my legs (bikini line) and and now I got a big one inside my vagina lip I know its not warts I have had these since I was 14 but now I have like 5 and some on my butt
okay. im a fourteen year old girl, ive never had any sexual contact on my vagina. i do shave however. i keep getting these red bumps. they usually go away in a day or two if i put aloe on them. they never hurt unless i press on it with my nail. somebody please give me an answer on this because it is freaking me out.
I'm 15 and I have this bump on my public area, It's not white but it's very painful. I've never had sex so it can't be herpes and I haven't shaved that area in a while so It can't be from the razor. I think it may be a pimple? I don;t wanna ask my parents, I'm kinda of scared. Can you please help!
Wow amazin hey....Im 20yr old virgin nd since last year i had ths
bumps i dnt know wat to call them warts maybe but they have been there for a while,they are around the lips of vagina and also goin down near the hole of myvagina,Im afraid to go to a doc nd open mylegs for someone to look in there...It will feel uncom4tabl hey as virgin...its silly so ths bumps are in group and apart also... and yes iv shaved b4...so i wonder aswel wat myt they be.I hate them so much.
Im 13, I have about the same problem... Except these little painful blisters are on my genital area... I live with my father with no mom, it would be a awkward to tell my dad what's going on so I wouldn't recommend going to see adoctor about this... Does anyone have a clue what it might be? Oh maybe I should add, I've had NO sexual contact with anyone. Im pretty sure my mother doesnt have genital herpes, or my father.Please help me, I'm a little concerned!
Thanks! :)
They are boils girls,,,,Soak in a hot bath a few times and they should come to a head ....if they dont bust themselves you could do it but be sure you keep draining it until blood comes out and no more pus...try your best to not to spread the pus around because you will just get more...They are terrible pains but they happen to tons of people...nothing to be concerned about...
Calm down, it could just be hormones the same things happens to me except just before (a week sometimes more) before or after I begin my period. My doctor says that it is perfectly normal it happens to a lot of people. It simple means that your body is changing, it is sort of like acne you should not drain or mess with them unless they become painful, and if so go see your doctor soon. Draining them can cause scars. It also could be what many people are saying with is ingrown hairs.  
what if you dont pop them?
I have a few little bumps but they only showed up after shaving stubble (shaved again within two days) they don't hurt they are just a little itchy. From what you guys are saying I'm thinking it's razor burn or something bc both myself & my boyfriend have been tested before sex and I still have been tested after sleeping with him (just in case) someone ease my over worried mind & tell me what you think it is..
i am 14 and have a lump on the side of my vagina. this lump isnt like a pimple or anything, it is actually under the skin and can be very painful if i touch it. it feels alot like a little ball and is very hard. I AM SOOOO WORRIED!!! HELP!!!!
Smh. I Have had These Bumps For Almost a Year Now. I Am 19 An A Virgin. I have Been Avoiding Having Sex Because Of Them i Didn't Think It Was An STD Because i wasn't Sexually Active. I Been With my Boy Friend for A While Now An plan On Having Sex. I Don't Want To Scare Him Off.. What Are These Things..
Im 13 and I woke up to take a shower this morning when I had an itch,i do not shave,i cut my pubic hairs, so it can't be a razor bump, so it looked kinda like a pimple so I popped it and pus came out followed by blood like a pimple,i am a virgin so its not an STD right? Someone please help, I'm freaked out!
its razor burn don't worry. a lot of times it comes out after shaving even if you dont see it immediately, it could appear after getting wet for example after swimming, or if it gets sweaty down there at all(iknow gross). i wouldn't worry!
ive had the same problem, ive never had sex.. but i started getting this around the time i shaved.. but i thought if i popped it , it would go away, i got a huge one last may and i still have it and i have 2 smaller ones...... it wont leave...  any advice.
im so scared, they pain only when i touch it. its not ichy, but its there... and it wont leave... wtf
I'm 18 and have this weird bump on the top of my pubic bone. Its under the skin and a little sore but not all the time. I squeezed a pimple that was there a few weeks ago and not this lump occurred. I'm not sure what it is and I'm getting worried.

HELP PLEASE!  
Hi I have a red bump on the front of my vagina where you shave. I only realised it after i went for a Brazilian wax.

The person who waxed me didn't say anything about that bump, i only noticed it when I was done. It does not hurt and its not squeezable.

It has been there for quite some time (i saw it like a month ago and back then, it was pimple-like and i thought it went away). Now its no longer pimple-like, no sore, no itch, just red bump.

Please help!
Hi, i'm 16 ad i've just recetly had these'bumps' they look like spots, they only itch at times (usually in the night) ad there's o blood or puss from them; they only appeared after i came off my period. I wax and occasionally shave(i'm not sure if shaving is the cause) but i'm not sexually active either, so it's not that. I'm not really comfortable in talking to anyone about it, so I'm really not sure what to do. I also always keep the area clean and i've ever had them before.
I have the same exact problem Im 14 nad ive gotten one before and it went away but i never tried to pop it. That was like a year and a half ago.Then tonight I found another bumo and this time is was bigger than the other one and i poped it a little and it hurt badly and puss came out and then blood. Im not sure what to do exact pop it a little more each night and see if it goes away:(
hi im 16 years old sexually active but for a year i have not done anything with anyone except my boyfriend.just last night he was here and started thinking stuff because he seen it and today it is larger.it is a purpleish reddish puss filled bumps and i know its not an std because i get checked every month.can ths kind of bump be caused by razors because i do shave most of the time.i am goin to the doctors tomorrow but would also like some feed back on what it might possibly be before i go to see my doc.please help
Recently I have found 1 red spot on the outer pubic area on my vagina (where u have pubic hairs) it is very sore and gets itchy sometimes. I am a virgin and my mother has NEVER had herpes. I'm really worried b coz it has been there for quite a while now and I dont want to go to a doctor as I am quite young. Please help! Any answers welcome!!!
..we have the same problem :(
.its getting worse coz the right lip of my vagina is bigger than the other one ..
yes you can get the herpes virus from your mom through birth.
Okay pleeeeeeeaaaaaasssseeeee help me I am 11 years old ,IM ONLY ELEVEN and I have a little bump on the OUTSIDE of my vagina. I just found it, it doesn't hurt or itch , it doesn't bleed or have puss come out of it. I sm still a virgin and I have only shaved down there a couple of times, and the last time I did was about a month and a half ago , and there is a tiny line in the middle of the bump sooo I'm thinking it is a ingrown hair and I am NOT going to go see an OB/GYN because again I am only 11, anybody know what it is?  Pleeaaassseee help
Okay, so I have these red dots by my vagina, and I'm starting to freak out. And they just keep spreading. And further by my vagina, is like a reddish purple patch. And I'm not sexually active.
Did you just shave it recently?
i have this bump in my pubic area(only one). it formed within an hour when i got up this morning. i tried to pop it but it wouldn't pop. so i poke through one side of it to the other and a little bit of pus and blood came out then it stopped but the bump didn't go down at all. its hard and hot to the touch and hurts like crap when anything touches it. i have had sex with the same guy for the last 5 years and i frequently get tested and always come up negative on the tests. so please if anyone know what this could be please tell me.
Hello People! PLEASE HELP ME!!

I'm 14 and i have this lump on the right side of my vagina.. its not on the inside but JUST on the outside.. it didn't hurt when i first found it.. but now when i touch it it kinda hurts... it ask started off skin colour.. then pink.. and now a very light brown colour.. please help me I'm too scared to go to the Dr... and no I've never had sexual intercorse!!! and I've never shaved... PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!  its my birthday on the 15th.. i don't want to be worried on my birthday....... D"""": PLEASE HELP.......

PLEASE!! THANK YOU!!
Hi Honey, if you are a virgin and not menstrating do you have pubic hair? Many women and females suffer from this and its just that women of color have a greater chance of getting hair bumps since our hair grows in curly and not straight. They do hurt but some people can use like bikini zone or other products to deal with them. If you are still scared talk to your parent and doctor about it.

Good luck!
Hey i don't know what  the cause of this is, but i want to let you  know that you aren't alone. I'm also 15 and I've never had sex but I do get these bumps. I first got them when I was traveling by train, and I started my period but I only had two pads with me sadly and the train ride took two days. So I wore my last pad for about 20 hours which I know is a bad idea but I had nothing else to do. But later when I arrive at the hotel with my mom, I noticed about three bumps around my pubic area and I thought it might be a rash from wearing the pad for too long. It's been about 6 months since this happened and I still get bumps. I'm way too shy to talk about it with my mom or my docter. And I'm afraid of what could happen in the future when I do have sex... That is a very embaressing thing for me, so I hope somebody out there knows what exactly this is.
GovtDr, what if it's painfull to pop? And why do you need to pop it anyway? Aren't there ant creams to make the bumps go away?
im 18 and i have never had sex, two weeks ago i noticed a bump right in the middle where the hair grows, it gotten bigger to around the size of a fingernail, i thought it would pop on its own but it didnt so i squeezed it and blood came out but ONLY BLOOD NO PUS, i do shave if that means anything... im really really scared .. its funny colored around it... i put peroxide on it after i squeezed it... has anyone had one like this? PLEASE HELP ME!
Re Cysts in pubic areas. Perfect answer! Govtdr. Absolutely true. These are normal, but rotten. I've had them once or twice a year for years. Usually summertime. Under  my armpit once - horrid. When a cyst like this gets large painful and stings, it needs to be expressed. Soak in a hot tub first- I use a big handful of salt in the water. Dry area, wash hands and sit on a clean towel. Squeeze from under it, drain carefully but thoroughly. It WILL hurt like hell.. If nothing comes, it isn't ready yet. Wait and soak the next day. When it is.. You'll know because it will fly... Ugh. Get all of it. Puss, the clog, and puss/blood. When just some regular blood comes slowly, you're done. I have, ONCE used a STERILIZED needle when I had a deep one, but only as a very last resort if you have to.  Wash area thoroughly with antibacterial soap - phisoderm is great. Treat with bargain brand antibiotic cream daily until it disappears. Some require another expression in a day or so, but leave alone unless its getting bigger. Stay away from exposed / tight elastic leg underwear if you are prone (get no-elastic leg panties, worth it) and watch it with shaving. These things have scared the hell out of me and some of my friends. Even have helped one poor girl take care of hers (I am a good friend and a 'home doctor' to many friends that sadly have no insurance.) I know this was graphic, but a lot of you seem very scared by them and wanted to help. IF you are having multiple breakouts of blisters that scab or multiple itchy bumps or anything internal, go to a physician immediately. Good luck.
the exact same for me.... and i'm really scared to tell my mom
I have it to and the doctor told me it is called hidradenitis suppurativa. it grows in pubic area,underarn,behind neck,under breast. anywhere a sweat gland is at.it is a pimple folicle. and bad diet and over weight tend to cause it
omg thank you soooo freakin much i was super worried and concerned and it worked for me... whew -_-... everybody should read what u wrote and atleast try it and see if ti works for them... also get tested just to be safe bc some females say they are virgins on here but i highly doubt it lols... not talking bad about u guys but i was young once
I have had these things before and I'm a virgin, soaking in the bathtub often makes then go away. I haven't gone to the doctor about it, but I think they are related to boils. Use bubbles, pouring dish washing liquid into the bath works as well as bubble bath.
i have the same thing and it bothers me because it is where my underwear is. so i did a little research and i think you all might have a sebaceous cyst which is lump that can move around under your skin but is full of this keratin stuff that can or can't ooze out. but it looks cheesy and stringy and smells horribly. SEE A DOCTOR ASAP, or if it's not that large USE HOT COMPRESSES as much as possible!!!
I have the same thing. I have one right now. It really hurts & this one is really big. I usually get them after my period. Which I'm a major clean freak, so I'm not nasty & gross. But the last one I had was really painfull, but then got a white head & I went to the bathroom & wiped myself & it popped! It felt so much better! I put a tiny tiny tiny tiny bit of acne wash on it. & the it'll form a white head & then you can squeeze it or wipe it hard enough it'll pop, then it'll just go away like regular acne. I think it's just something we have to deal with. I've only gotten about 3 of them, but I have a feeling I'm going to keep getting them.
They are ingrown hairs. My doctor told me to shave which seems to help. I notice I get the bumps more if I don't shave. You can put a warm washcloth on it and use HIBICLENS which is an antiseptic/antimicrobial skin cleanser and you can find that in Walmart or a drugstore. He gave me others but that was the only one I could read from what he wrote. I asked about laser hair removal but he said that would probably make it worse.    
I am 15 years old , and I am noticing that I have bumps on my vagina area and they bleed when I shave and itch when hair is growing back . What do I do ?
Help . I'm 13 and I started shaving...down thier. It was bigger than the razor bumps I already had and it had a white head. I noticed it in the shower today. There's only one though. What caused this? Will there be more?!?!?! I'm not a person with much acne I have little bumps on my nose but theyr not white heads and you can't see them...also I have no acne on my back so why would it show up there?!?!? I popped it too. Didn't hurt either....never had sexual intercoarse.. recently started masturbating...only on my clit though. Anyway , yeah why would this happen and will thee likely be more? Should I see a doc?
2 Things:

-You can get "hormone acne" down there. Painful, filled with fluid and won't pop. Maddening. You just have to wait for them to go away.

-Shaving down there. You will almost certainly get "ingrown hairs" that are painful and have pus. The pubic hairs are very large, compared to other hairs, and when you shave them the skin will frequently close over the follicle resulting in the ingrown hair until they can push through. It will also itch like heck when they finally start growing again.

This is why most people don't shave that region.
PLEASE HELP!!

I'm 14, not sexually active, and don't shave in that area. A few months ago I found a little red bump about the size of a pea that came up from the skin between my vagina and my left leg. It didn't hurt or anything, but I could tell it went under the skin. I've sort of ignored it since it doesn't really cause any pain, but the other day I squeezed it to see if it would pop or something and some puss and a teensy bit of blood came out for awhile. I still don't know what it is and I'm going to tell my mom about it and get an appointment with my doctor, but I'm kinda worried. Now its not raised anymore and it doesnt really hurt but i can still feel it under the skin. I really don't know what it is and hope someone can help. ANYONE PLEASE!!!!

Hi i am 14 and i have those bumps to and i have had them for a while i just started shaving but i had the bumps before that so it's not razor bumps i have tried A&D cream but that has not worked. there is always one big one and little ones all around and i poped one and a black glop [[a tiny glop]] came out along with white stuff then blood. At first i thought it was a yeast infection but my symptoms don't match it hurts some times and like the big one is hard to pop at times and when i do pop it it hurts white stuff and blood comes out. I am a virgin so i know it's not sexually transmitted i get then all over the place and i don't know  what to do cam some one help me??
Pleas and Thankyou i am really scared.
Try washing the entire area thoroughly (avoiding the insides of the vagina as much as possible) according to the directions on the bottle - with Hibiclens. It is an anti-bacterial liquid soap sold OTC. Dry thoroughly and use fresh towels as often as you can. And stop wearing panties - I wear loose fitting boy shorts if i must wear underwear). This almost 100% solved my problems. I have one bump every three months or so now, where I used to have about 4-5 at any given time. Mine were as commonly described here; small to medium sized "knots", most began as looking similarly mosquito bite -esque, and most were able to be drained after a couple of days. Pus of varying colors, including yellow and green and also blood. I do have scarring as a result and I didn't discover this treatment until I was in my 30's, by a new doctor. I had visited several doctors searching for answers since it began. This is just what worked for me, and I would imagine it's worth a shot for anyone experiencing this issue. Plainly, it ***** and I'm not sure why it takes so long for people to find proper treatment and diagnoses when it's obviously such a common problem.
please don't shout.
Hey, Im 14 too, I have the same thing! I don't know what it is! Im still a virgin.. So it couldnt be an STD.. It might be from a razor? Never know.
i'm 19..still a virgin and i also have those pimple like bumps in my pubic area. i got one and i was so scared that it might be somewhat cancerous bumps or something in that line, so i shave down there.. just a thought that it will be gone after that. two weeks after i shave i got another one and this time it's quite big and does hurt! i'm really worried and thought that i'm gonna die!!!
well now i know that maybe it's just a hormone acne or ingrown hairs, thanks alot! =))

if you are shaving or getting spots, mainly its hormone acne or ingrown hairs,
1. if you are shaving, wash your area thoroughly and if the hair is long go with the hair until it is short like leg hairs then you may go against, yes if you are new to shaving it will hurt or it will be more sensitive for some people,
- my suggestion
shave at night so when after shaving you wear no underwear to bed but wear nice loose pants, also moisturise your area (yes it can sting but re frame from itching)

2. if you are not shaving but still getting spots, then they are just hormonal, when you are reaching your period or having your period your hormones are working a lot harder which makes it more likely to get hormonal acne.

But no matter what even if you do not have any at all i suggest you wash thoroughly every time you go for a shower, wear new underwear every day and make sure that you just keep your hygiene up to scratch, everyone gets them dont worry your not the only one :)
Hi Everyone!!!
OH.MY.GOSH. I thought I was the ONLY person with these bumps. I have had them for about a year now and I have no idea why I didnt look it up sooner because i have spent the past year worrying and crying and scared to tell my parents about this thinking it was some type of genital herpes or something. (I am 15 btw and I had sex one time when I was 14 [ really bad mistake:( ], and before I ever got my first period...awkward)... anyways, i do shave and i just realized i NEVER got these bumps until i started shaving. They are usually the size of a pea and kinda hard when you touch them and now i do believe they are from shaving and the underwear i wear. I wonder if wearing boyshort type underwear would help?? probably. and i dont want to stop shaving there but maybe if i stopped they would go away?? They are so annoying but you will not believe how relieved i am to know that i am not the only person with this and also that it is not an std or something. I know many of us are worried about this but thank our lucky stars that it is not an std and that we will survive thru this together<3 So as girljustwantingtohelp379 stated, we should just wash ourselves A LOT and keep up personal hygiene! Also, i read somewhere that these bumps can be caused by sweating, so if you play a sport that involves a lot of sweating, soccer for example(which i do play), your sweating down there, along with the friction from your underwear rubbing along your groin area, can cause these bumps. Remember, the bumps i am talking about are not on your vagina, they are along your groin.

OH, and when I shave there I usually shave every one to two weeks and sometimes i do get razor bumps...another website stated that waxing is a good alternative to shaving because shaving can cause ingrown hairs which can also cause these bumps. I hope some of this stuff has helped & i just wanted to say a BIG thank you to everyone else who has commented on this page because you ladies have helped me in my research to finding out that this is not as big of a deal as i thought it was.

You are all BEAUTIFUL and do not let these stupid bumps change who you are, which is amazing. I'll admit I have felt self-conscious about these and sometimes they are painful, but we have pulled thru this for a long time and we are still living.

I hope you all have a wonderful life and remember, you are all BEAUTIFUL<3~
I have the same thing, and I'm only twelve. I just looked this up and found this site. I hope it's nothing too serious, and I'm afraid to check with my mom. Help me too!
I have the same problem . I'm 17 and a virgin and I get weird pimple like bumps on my vaginal lips. When u go see the doctor let me know so I can know wat they are and how to avoid them.. Good luck .. Email me @***@****
Hi, I'm also 12 years old. Ive been on this site reading the stories and have a very large, painful bump inside my vagina lip. I am a virgin. Of course, and have not consulted a doctor yet. I read a story above about applying cornstarch to the absess (abscess) every morning and noon whenever you can. I reccomend trying to consult a doctor, as I will in the next few days. But what doesn't help my situation is that I'm at my Dad's for the week. (My parents have been divorced since 2010.) So, I'd rather not tell anyone at the moment, but I would appreciate you responding back to me. My name is Morgan. Thank you! And feel better.
i m too having bumps and blisters on upper part of vagina i just really don't know what to do it is painful,spreading.i don't know is it a std or not.sometimes i think and try to visit a doc but then still it goes on my mind what if he the doc says that its a std or herpes.its now been 3 years i m facing the problem but i still remember that these sores first appear because of shave. i m very very scared and wants to get rid of it as soon as possible please suggest me
Hi I just started getting these pimple like bumps on my pubic area. They are big and painful. They itch and when popped white stuff comes out followed by a lot of blood. And it seems to leave a very deep hole. I am 31 and never had acne problems or anything like this before, especially in that area. What can it be? I know I need to go to the doctor but just want to get an idea. I am terrified it is an STD but when I look up STD symptoms, they do not look like this. Please any advice? Thank you!
hi i am 13 and i just stared shaveing and i am scared cuz i got red bumbs down there aND they inch
???
How do you get rid of that??