WOMEN'S HEALTH
COMMUNITY
Weird bumps in pubic area of vagina
by ShyBlossom86, Dec 17, 2005
Hello and good evening! I'm 19 years old and a virgin. Well I don't know what wrong with me. For the past 3 mos. I've started to develop small/sm-med size bumps in the pubic area of the pelvic area. I don't know why. It seems as if it's some type of acne, because they do hurt and a few times pus seeps when ripen.
It can't be herpes because i've never had any sexual contact before.

Please help me!!!  

Member Comments (146)
by babyhopes, Dec 17, 2005
have you ever shaved that area? because it is possible to get razor bumps like you can get on your legs. It is also possible to get in-grown hairs. Other than that, I would have to say ask a Dr. :) Good luck!
by towan, Dec 17, 2005
hey im 14 and i have the same exact thing on mine and iv had mine for some time now and mine sometime hurt i want to go the doctor but afraid to stupid huh? when i wear panties it rubs against it and it hella hurts or when i take my panties off itheres bloos from that sore or sometmes the little bump gets stuck to my panties and that hella hurts too.so girl i got yopu on that one:)
by Muffin1, Dec 18, 2005
This I think is very common, I as well have the "bumps" from time to time. And yes, they are pinful, and no mine are not an STD. I think it's just a common area to get cysts.
by cougarcub, Dec 19, 2005
herpes doesnt neccessarily have to transfer from sexual activity. maternal parent can transfer it to a child at birth through blood exchange or in the birth canal.
Think on the lines of infected hair follicles, that may be what it is.
by cougarcub, Dec 20, 2005
informant...have to disagree there...genital herpes can be caught from the mother at birth, (my teacher used to work for STD unit in the navy), IF the outbreak is in the canal. remember that our precautions that we take today are not the same precautions that were taken when each of us were born.
by INFORMANT, Dec 20, 2005
YOU CAN NOT CATCH HERPES FROM BIRTH.  THE HERPES VIRUS CAN CAUSE BLINDNESS WHEN A CHILD IS BORN IF THE MOTHER HAS A CURRENT OUTBREAK.  IN THAT CASE THE MOTHER IS TO HAVE A C-SEC.
YOU SHOULD SEE A GYN.  EVEN IF YOU HAVE NOT HAD SEX YOU STILL SHOULD YET A YEARLY EXAM.  JUST THINK THE DOCTORS SEE PROBABLY HUNDREDS OF PEOPLE THAT HAVE HAD THE SAME PROBLEMS.  HAVE ANY FRIENDS THAT COULD REC A DOCTOR???  SOUNDS LIKE THEY ARE PROBABLY INGROWN HAIRS.
by INFORMANT, Dec 26, 2005
THE PERSON IN QUESTION HERE IS A 19 YO GIRL.  HER MOTHER, IF SHE HAD VAGINAL HERPES, WOULD BE CHECKED WELL.  EVEN IF SHE WAS BORN 19 YEARS AGO.  THEY STILL DID C-SECTIONS THEN.  EVEN THEN IT WAS KNOWN TO CAUSE BLINDNESS!!  NOT A LIKELY CAUSE OF THIS GIRLS PROBLEM.  SHE SHOULD JUST GO SEE A DOCTOR.
by ShyBlossom86, Dec 28, 2005
thank you informant, but my mom didnt have any herpes when given birth to me. its something to think about but mym mom did go around or anything me and 3 bros came from the same father and mom. but i dod appreciate the thought.
by INFORMANT, Dec 29, 2005
cougarcub suggested the herpes.  I don't think that is what this is.  Have you gone to the doctor???  What did you find out?  There was another young girl with the same problem and it would probably be good for her to know what they told you.  Hope everything was okay.