Well, I sure am bored/Open

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Viewing 201-221 comments:
OMG!!!  They would definately have escorted me out!!  Probably all the way to the county jail, out law enforcement has been called to our local Wal-Mart on the day after Thanksgiving sale so many times that it only takes an ugly look at someone and BAM! the next thing you know, you're in the back seat with the blue lights on!!!

Never knew grown women would fist fight over a dang doll that would pee in it's pants and cry "mama"  till a few years ago!!  I thought they were crazy, I mean, I had one of them at home and didn't have to take any punches by any phyco weirdos to get it.
hello?  anyone still at home?

priceJ:  YOU were escorted out?  i'm going to have to hope it's because you or your husband had some choice words with the woman.  i'd have been livid!

awful christmas stories?  gee, i have so many of them, lots are centering around my in-laws usually serving dinner at 10:30 pm on christmas eve with tons of grandkids crying for food.

then there's the year my daughter was around 2.  i was decorating the christmas tree and got too close, poking my eyeball really hard with a needle from the christmas tree.  i couldn't believe it.  i washed it out, but it got progressively worse during the day.  we went out to dinner with my parents and drove around looking at the christmas lights.  by this time, i had a hand clamped over my eye and i was nauseous i was in so much pain.  i wound up in the er with a severely scratched cornea.  from a christmas tree needle?  now i always feel like i should wear sunglasses when i decorate the tree lol
Just wanted to vent about something here.  I already sent a complaint to MH - it might be useful if some others do the same if they agree with what I have to say.

There are several posts in the addiction forum about people being addicted to various drugs, e.g. vacodin - some of the people have even said it is ruining there life, they are getting into debt, and they need help getting off.  Well, I understand MH needs funds from sponsors but to have ads on the right of a post advertising "cheap" sources of the drug the person is currently addicted to just doesnt seem right - there are also ads for programs to help beat the addiction which I think is entirely reasonable.  
Is it just me or do others think it is inappropriate to have an add, to buy these drugs online, which is right next to the post about a person being addicted to the drug and needing help to get off it! It's like waving candy in front of a diabetic childs face.  Surely more appropriate advertising could be used.
at the risk of getting this thread yanked, i've got to tell you that there are others who are mystified.
Hi everyone!!! Wow this is still going? Well Af did'nt show as you all know.Got beta & 58 woooohoooo!anyways another on sat.Well I guess thats all.Its 70 degres here in cali.ARGG,another HOT christmas....nanis
176!!! 200,  here we come!!!!
Oh,were trying for 200?
Glad I'm not the only one that feels this way.  It didnt even occur to me that this thread could be yanked because of the comment - hopefully it doesnt.....I dont think we are in violation of any rules.
Ya never know these days? Ya notice I've been so good lately?(Haylow on head looking up)AWWWWWWWW..lol..
Yes, I was escorted out by security. I told her she was a hag one step away from h*ll, and if she thought she seen a b****, now she met the mother of all b****'s. She walked off and 5 min later came sercurity saying threats weren't allowed at Wal-mart that i could leave peacefully or in a police car, so they walked me out. Now that i think about it I should have tripped her on my way out. But at Christmas i always feel more loving. I couldn't help but to think maybe she had no family or friends. Plus I went to church the night before and the preacher was preaching about turning the other cheeck. Trust me, it wasn't easy.

Sorry about your eye. I was clipping my daughters toe nails one night and one flew in my eyes. Also ended up in the ER the next day. I know how you feel. But yours is much worse. Christmas in the ER??? And christmas with the in-laws. So sorry. Thats why we do one holiday with each set of inlaws and the rest just us.
20 more. Keep yht Christmas stories comming. Always good to hear Christmas stories.
Nanis is here!!!!!  Yeah!!!!!
I read your post above about the BFP--congrats!

I can't believe we're still going.  Cindy is feeling generous with this thread!!  I'm so excited---makes me wanna post and post and post.......
(no, i have no social life today.)

Horrible Christmas stories?  Yes, and its sad.  Grab your tissue.

Every year, my family goes Christmas carolling, in the real horse drawn wagon, etc.  It is my favorite Christmas tradition ever in the world.  There are like 25 of us, so we load up this huge wagon, and all pile in the back with hay, etc.  So, anyway.  It was a cold and wet night...we were being pulled by my Granddad's TWIN white Quarter Horses (we ride Western here, not English).  Anyway.  One of the horses slipped on a patch of ice that no one could have known was there.  She fell, and hurt her leg...so we all had to walk back to the barn.  We hooked up the trailer and came and got her.  My granddad nursed her forever...and then the vet came and said for my granddad to give the horse this "shot" of something for pain.  He did, and when the shot hit her blood stream, she had a heart attack and died.  
Awful story, but I can't go through Christmas without thinking of that gorgeous horse....

Wow.  I'm a bummer.  Why did I write that awful story?

Somebody follow me with something good---
ooooo no. that was so sad. I'm sorry to hear that, but atleast you have alot of good memories to.
oh no! i would have had my husband take my daughter out then beat her ass. or at least belittle her to the point of tears!!i cant believe she did that to your daughter with no remorse!! oh that gets my blood boiling.
my xmas story- my dad died almost 5 years ago. when he was here and he gave us (me and my sis) our gifts, it was a box that contained rocks. it had a note to tell you to go somewhere else in the house. you opened another box and it said to go to the gift spot. it was always so much fun. im thinking i should start that with my son. however he doesnt have that kind of patience haha.
That is a good idea. It sounds like so much fun. A treasure hunt.

about that lady...I believe what goes around comes around. She was a grown women and didn't know better. There has to be a reason. Maybe she was slow, unhappy, dumb as ****, or just a old hag. Either way I know there is know truth in what she called my dd. And I didn't want to set a bad example for my dd. She needs to know that some people are just darn rude and we can't let them effect us. But you have no idea how bad i wanted to knock her out. I don't think it would have set a good example for my dd to see me in hand cuffs being dragged away by a cop. But I did promise her for her sake she'd better stay in the store for a while because I would follow her home. But the sercurity stood outside till I left.
Getting closer!
Wow -- never seen a thread this big for sure - I'm adding on to help the cause!

YES! Friday Night!! Heading out for a few post-work drinks & going to the Celtics Game! I hope everyone has a great weekend!!
I completely agree with you about the ads. that is weird that they would even have them there.

Everyone---It doesn't look like we are going to make it to 200. i think everyone forgot about the poor post. Where is everybody today?
La Jolla - what a great city!

"belittle her to tears" - haha now that's the way to do it.  no evidence like scratch marks, either :)
Just two more ladies!  Who's it gonna be?  I think it should be Glad2bamom!
ok the weather outside is weird!! its warm, t shirt warm. windy and its supposed to rain the clouds are coming in. oh maybe we will have a tornado! is that what happens to those of you in tornado town? we get little ones from time to time here in california, but its occational and they dont usually do any harm. i better get my red shoes out!!
Well, it's official.  My poor baby!!  He has got pink eye in both eyes on top of having a sinus infection!
I think my daughter has pink eye to. She looks so awful. Did they give a antibiotic or does it go away on it's own?

Pertykitty- they say that it get beatiful before a tornado. where it feels warm but when the wind blows you can feel a cold breeze but you don't get cold. I'm sure I make no sense. Sorry if i am confusing you. TRYING TO GET TO 200 for whoever suggested it.
Post #192
Where in CA do you live?  I lived in La Jolla, CA for 1.5 years - what a beautiful city that was.  I now reside in MO and I really miss the ocean which I was surrounded by all my life.  Speaking of tornedos, living in "tornedo alley" really freaks me out!  One hit about 10 miles from my town earlier this year and did some good damage.

post #192
I know I don't!!  While we were waiting on his prescription to be filled, I went over and gathered up some Clorox disinfecting wipes and spray.  I couldn't remember how much I had left at home and didn't want to run out.  I expect to get it anyway.  He was laying around with me when we got home.  Couldn't very well tell my baby to get away from me could I?  And I expect the other kids to have it too.   They have been playing the play station II all week together.  Oh well, life goes on I guess.
They gave him some antibiotic drops for the pink eye.  He's also been on antibiotics by mouth for a couple of days and a decongestant for the sinus infection.  The pink eye will go away on it's own though.  We've had it before and didn't have anything to use.  It just kinda speeds it up some.  It's going around really bad here.  It's in all the schools and everything.  Doctor said she's seen a lot of it.
Just 6 away!

PGB:  Poor kid! It's bad enough having a sinus inf., but pink eye too.  Awful.  Please don't touch your eye!  You don't want that either!
Come on glad, we're waiting for you to do the honors!!!!
Oh MY Gosh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow...Yippee...hooray....Will they let it go past 200???  This may be the standard by which all other threads are measured by.

"A new day has come, ladies.  First of all, I'd like to thank my parents, Cindy and Phil, who allowed me to come this far.........."
No way I have time to go back and read all that has been said. Hate I missed it though.  Just wanted to make the number go. ALMOST 200!!  How is everybody today?? It's sat. by the way. Cold here and windy.  I LOVE IT!! I tried to tell dh I need to open my Christmas gift (he got me a coat). He said no way. Hmmm.I'll just freeze then!!
i live in the central valley, you know meth capitol haha. anyway it just stayed warm, i havent been out yet to see but its sunny as can be today!! i have to get ready for work. i have to see 2 people that i dont think im going to like AT ALL . well i will suck it up , do my job, and hope they dont come back or maybe they will be nicer than on the phone, damn gift certificates. i usually wont see people i dont feel comfortable with but i have no choice!! oh well ill report to you later!!!
Beautiful speech!  You finished it before the music started to play too!  Well done!
sk2006a:  oh how I loved La Jolla.  What a beautiful city that was but so expensive - a standard house will set you back $1,000,000!  I miss the excellent Mexican food - it was actually spicey unlike the stuff they sell in MO.

Perty - you live in the meth capital?  I thought that was MO!  In fact, someone had previously set up a meth lab in the last apartment that I lived in.  That  place was a dump!

Ladies -  how are you all doing today?  Can anyone think of good gift ideas for people that cost less than $50?  Walmart, K-Mart, and big-lots are about the only places I can shop at here and I just have no idea what to get people.
i'm a big fan of gift cards.  i just love to receive them :)

this thread is just like the energizer bunny.....it's keeps on going, and going, and going.......
For all my freinds kids I always purchase those 5 $ games from wal-mart and target like go fishin, candyland, ect... For the adults I go to wal-mart and they sell those big tin cans of popcorn in 3 flavors and those are 6 bucks. I really don't spend much money on freinds and family member that don't need it.

For the family members that don't need for anything I buy a nice frame and find a special picture for them and frame it. You can find some nice picture frames at wal-mart and target for 5 $'s. It's the thought that counts.

I find that if i worry what i am going to buy everyone for Christmas then i don't have a good Christmas. So I stick with those very cheap gifts. Good luck!!!!

Although this year my husbands side of the family has decided to only buy for children and all the adults will get together this weekend and draw names from a hat. Who we pick is who we buy for. We set a limit of 30 dollars. That should be fun.
i had too much wine at my sis' birthday tonight. im feeling tires as hell. now im drinking water. wow this thread is going to go to 300. im outa here though. i feel like going straight to sleep. boring ol me. goodnight'
just thought id say hi since this thread is so huge lol is it.
what are all you ladies up to today.
This one needs to be moved back to the very top of the page.  Nobody will ever find it way down here.  We have made MH history and nobody will know!!!!!
Wow.. over 200 post..this is great..
did you all notice too that the page here is wider? lol i guess i am a weirdo i notice these things. i think i am developing a case of ocd!! i cant stop cleaning! its after 8pm here on a sunday night. kids almost ready for bed, so am i. i need a trip somewhere. my best friend and i are planning a girls trip in the new year. go to the coast. my friends in laws have a house they rent out for just $75 a night. its cute, its in a little town called los osos. its near morro bay. just go and relax and have fun!! of course i have such a bad desire to go to vegas! i love it there, havent been though for maybe 3 or 4 years. i used to go every year. maybe next year!!!!!!!!!!!!! cha-ching!
I don't like how the screen is. I have to move it. To much trouble. lol This is waaaaay down now. I had to scroll for ever to find it. I can not beleive we have made it this far and NOO fights! Wow! So many pg. hormonal women and all is good. AMAZING! How is everybody today? It's Monday , btw.
Everybody is too busy talking about how many posts we have to fight!!!!haha
Okay, I didn't read all of the 200+ posts made before this one, so I'm sure I missed a lot, but I do find it interesting for one post to go on so long.  Happy Monday to all!
Happy Tuesday! I can't believe how long this post is! I remember it wasn't too long ago when I 1st started coming to MH and the mazimum thread was about 30 posts. This one's crazy!
happy tuesday! 13 days till xmas eve. you know i respect everyones beliefs, BUT, i find it completely irritating that christmas has become such a politically correct thing. no trees in airports. happy holidays instead of merry xmas. i love this time of year. there are just too many things happening in this great country that are pissing me off!! so happy hannakah(sorry if i spelled that wrong), happy kwanza, but most of all MERRY CHRISTMAS!!. may we all find a way to respect each others beliefs, differences, and possibly learn from one another!!!!!
WOW I am not believing how long this thread is!! And I have missed a lot of new ones that I'll never be able to catch up on..
I have had PINKEYE for days!! One of my DD's has had it numerous times but I have NEVER had it before and let me just tell ya... I thought I was going to go crazy!! The pain was massive and I looked like someone beat the living C R A P outta me. My right eye was literally bleeding!! I had the antibiotic eye drops and oral as well but let me tell you guys for future problems with your children, if insurance is a problem or money is tight, I found a product at Target (OTC) after seeing it on the Net called Similasan for Pink Eye relief. It is homeopathic and I have to say it did me MORE good than the Rx's!!! It cost almost 7 bucks which is better than my 10 dollar Rx co-pay. I finally started getting better the day I started using it. I was using the others aas well so it may have been a combination of all of it plus time but it gave instant relief from the pain and burning.
It is still kind of gross but getting better everyday and I can finally see clearly again!! YAY!!
Thanks for the Christmas stories! They were great and I have a simular one from Black Friday at Wal-Mart last year. A woman pushed me with a microwave in her hands! I have a REALLY bad back and didn't take kindly to her abuse. She just looked at me grimacing in pain and said,"Well, you should have gotten out of my way B**ch!" So... I did a U-turn with my cart and slammed right into her!! She dropped the box containing her microwave but the only thing hurt was her pride. Before she could do or say anything else, Dave finally found me and lead me out and away from her. Guess I am not as good at turning the other cheek as others but she deserved worse than that. I know I'm a bad girl:( But the kids weren't there and didn't have to see Mama behaving badly. I am guessing though that the woman didn't PUSH anyone else that day. And to this day, I hope there were no more microwaves in stock and that Wal-Mart made her pay for the broken one! Boy, I do tend to hold a grudge.
Next time I'll write a Happy Christmas story.
--J
Well, GOOD MORNING!!! It's about 5:10 am here.  I just want to go back to bed.  AF is here.  Rain is coming.  I could turn the heating pad on, take some Midol, and sleeeeeeeep.  No can do.  Not today.  Going to be a nasty, nasty day here in MS.  Hope it's pretty where ya'll are!!!
Merry Christmas!!!!
Man, I have a lot of bad memories of Wal-mart. You rammed her? How funny. I bet she was thinking she pushed the wrong person. You go!!!
Viewing 201-221 comments: