What causes some one to bleed for a month straight?

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Ok I'm posting for a good friend who doesn't have internate access. i'm really worried and she doesn't seem to be. She's a 34 year old women with 3 kids. She hasn't stopped bleeding for a month straight. She says this is the first time it has ever happened to her. She made a oppt. with her doctor and all they would do was a urine test because her doctor will not exzamine while bleeding. Her urine test came back as a urinary track infection and she was put on meds. I told her she NEEDS to find another doctor. But she is hard headed and really likes her doctor. (She's had the same doctor for 15 years). what could cause one to bleed non stop like that. She says it varies from day to day from heavy to spotting, but back and forth. Does any one have any ideas?
have they done an ultrasound to rule out fibroids? my poor mom is 56. she still has her period from time to time (i joke id like another sibling haha) and sometimes she will bleed for weeks. very painful though. i dont know anything about her infection being related to bleeding but i know some women here are very knowledgable. however its the weekend now and some dont show up. if you dont hear from any post again on monday! have a good weekend
Avatar n tn
I asked her if it hurts and she said not more than a normal period. Thanks for anserewing. I really do worry about her. i know you can't help some one who doesn't want to be helped. I just wish she would change doctors. thanks agian!
Avatar n tn
hormone imbalance can cause this good luck
Avatar n tn
I have had that issue several times. I have even had it last much longer. I just came from the dr today (D&C follow-up). She said everything looks good and it has to be hormone imbalance. I have hypothyroid which is controlled by meds. She said even though it is "normal" you can still have symptoms and they may never by totally right.

If this is the first time, she definitely needs to see that someone looks into it for her. I actually switched drs. because my first one just brushed it off. This one wanted to rule out any serious issues. (which I was very relieved about) Best of luck to your friend.
Fibroids could definitely do it.  She needs aninternal sonogram.  ALso stress could do it too.  She should also be checked for endometriosis.
my friend has been bleeding for 37days straight now and her heart is beating off rhythm! she has asked me for advice...she has also gone to her doc before and they say its normal....i don't believe that's normal! im really worried about my friend! my mom has suggested going to the hospital...could anyone help please! it truly is an emergency to me!

thank you very much :D
Wow! Seem like this is a common issue among us women. I will be going to my doctor soon for this problem too. I've been bleeding for 30 days straight too! Well keep y'all posted.
Yea me to glad im not the only one lol
Im going though the same thing im worry because i have never gad this to happen to me. I went to the doctor today but i have to go back for blood wrk. Im praying and knowing that god is in my favor.
This could be a sign of oncoming menopause, but I would think that  having been to a doctor for similar problem, it could also be her birth control if she is on any that is causing this as well. I can't understand why they wouldn't have scheduled a follow up regardless of the positive urinary tract infection as that has nothing to do with bleeding or as a cause of bleeding! I would definitely suggest she see an obgyn not just an every day general practitioner as this may be a very serious condition she is dealing with!
This could be endometriosis im 23 Ive bleed everyday extremly heavy a pad an hour sometimes more for up to 4 months and have had to have blood transfusions. most doctors wont see you if your bleeding ive tried there are few and rare but you better pull out your pocket book for that. Hope things get better.
I'm 40 and have been bleeding for 25 days straight. I go to tomorrow to have an ultrasound and get results of blood work. I have never had this issue before and I'm worried it might be something bad. I also have a history of abnormal paps, when I was 20 right after having my daughter... Really worried
I am only 30 years old, no kids and I have started bleeding on August 29, 2013 and still bleeding until this day. I am not sexually active either and i am worried because I don't have any insurance and it does not give me any pain whatsoever. Does anyone know what this could be?
Hi did you find out the cause??
Hi, did u go to the doc or find out the cause? Having this problem and getting extremely worried
I have been bleeding for the past 33 days. I went to a doctor and he took a sample of my uterus lining to do a biopsy. He said I should use estrogen to stop the bleeding because prolonged bleeding could cause problems in the future.
Will get the results later and I will post again
I am a very young girl not even in her teenage years and this also happens to me. I am very worried about this
Fibroid is the cause in most cases,,, may GOD intervene to this issue
Hi ladies,
i'm going through this issue also its been a on going thing for 3months don't know what to do doctors I've seen seem to just brush it off.... any suggestions?
Hey. I'm 17years of age, and I been on my female thing for over a month now. I am not even pregnant. I don't know what to do, or why it is still going on. I need help. Any suggestions?
I am a 36 year old female 3 kinds tubes tied with day 28 of my period, I went to the dr 2 weeks ago they did a pap, biopsy, internal ultrasound, external ultrasound, and lab work.  they sent me home with megesterone (hormone) pills to take and I could increase up to 3 tabs a day which I do take.  The pap was abnormal, biopsy was normal, labs were normal, but I do have a small uterine fibroid.  I sent my doc an email just now to see if we can do a PET/CT or something to find out where is the bleed exactly and how to stop the bleed.  I hope this info somewhat helps.
i am 24 year old and its been one year to be married. after one month of marriage my periods become irregular and first period i get 3 months later and next period 2 months later and periods i have now are been continue from one months. yes i been first time that i am spoting from one month some days heavy and some day spoting..... now i am worried wat has happened to me... why periods are not come proper why i am spotting from last one months... i was not eaten any birth control pill... not use any protection from sex... and am not pregnant too... i have checked many time by prega stick......Plz any body telll me wat is going on with me....
I'm just 14 yrs.old and this is my 2nd time that i have a 1month straight menstruation... what is the possible cause of this.?
I'm 35, I have 3 kids and had my tubes tied 10 years ago after the birth of my last child...I was told by my doctor I can NOT take birth control or hormones due to my high risk of blood clots... I have been having the same problem off and on for 4 months it started with me getting my period that lasts 7 days i would get a week off then it would come back for a week for 3 months with this cycle. Now I have had it for 14 days straight and still have it, i went to the doctor she did a urine test which came back normal, my pap came back normal. she did blood work found out I am extremely anemic due to so much blood loss, and I have an appointment for a non-ob pelvic ultrasound and a transvaginal ultrasound coming up this tuesday... I'm very worried. I will keep you posted when the results come in.
Did they find out what was going on?  I am experiencing the same.
Did you ever find an answer?
Has anyone on here gotten back any results they can share???? I too am experiencing a problem of bleeding for the past 20 days now. I am 44 and have never had an irregular or prolonged period before. I feel worried even though it might just be periomenopause. I keep getting Uterine cancer as a result of my online search of my symptoms.
Not sure if this thread is still running but I'll give it a shot. 26 year old Female with Lupus. I've had irregular bleeding (2 periods a month) since April. Blood work, Pap smear & ultrasound all came back normal. He said a very tiny cyst on the left ovary but not anything that would be causing this (so he thinks). Dr wants me to get an IUD since lupus patients can't go on birth control to stop the bleeding. I don't want an IUD..I'm afraid for future pregnancy risks. In October I bled (heavily) every day but 3. Still going in November. I made myself an appointment at a specialist in NYC I go in 2 weeks, and am very nervous. My dr and family and friends are claiming this is hormonal....hormonal or not it's really interfering in my life and needs to stop! Any other autoimmune patients on here? Or any advice would be amazing, thank you!
I don't know if this thread is still going but I had the same problem with the irregular cycles and was diagnosed some years back with polycystic ovarian syndrome. I recently had surgery on the 28th of September everything went well my Dr removed two very large cyst and a tumor from my ovaries. As of Oct 12 still today I have had bleeding from heavy to spotting and was told that I'm severely anemic so I hope this helps someone.
Avatar n tn
Wow, I am only 28 and also presumed I was the only one. I’ve been bleeding for a month straight. I don't want to go in because 3yrs ago I was diagnosed with ovarian cancer. Now, I’m not ready to hear any more bad news from my Drs , at least not before I have a chance to hear the infinite amount of possibilities.  The onset of menopause sounds the most promising.  
Hi, I'm a 35 yr old female have no children , in November 2015 I had my first long cycle lasting 12 days then off 2 and started back for another 14 days . Shortly afterwards a few weeks I had my first anxiety attack. now it is April 8, 2016 and ive been on my cycle since mar. 14, 2016. it started light like it just spotted about 5 days then heavy and then light and occasional spoting but it has been consistant. now I am heavy and its almost the turn around for my next cycle. tispast week I have had 3 anxiety attacks. its weird I'm not under stress mentally I suppose just my body possibly. I mean of course I'm concerned about the issue at hand. But no one seems to be able to tell me what is causing this. They say everything seems ok just have several cysts and they say that not big. Cannot seem to get a straight answer . But I don't care .....this is not normal!!! I'm am weak seem to be tired a lot and my stomach hurts everyday just about it. I'm am at my wits end and don't know what to do. Dear God help me.
Hi I'm 30 years old,got two kids. I got merina coil fitted in. This is first time ever happened to me,I'm on from a month straight I was really heavy and was in pain. Periods are bit light now but still bleeding blood is like fresh red blood. Had my blood test last week got iron deficiency as well. Dull Pains in my lower abdominal all the time with periods or without. Really worried. If anyone who have an idea  what is happening  with me :(
Hi. Very similar symptoms. Would you like to chat?
KTowne commented on melimeli's status
1 hr ago
KTowne, and Des_a_rae commented on Des_a_rae's status
delswife1963 added the CFS/FMS Tracker
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals