Women's Health Community
What do Montgomery's tubercules look like?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

What do Montgomery's tubercules look like?

Hello everyone,
I was just wondering what do Montgomery's tubercules look like. I have some bumps on my boobs, but I am not sure if these are it. I can't even remember if I had these before I began thinking that I might be pregnant. My bumps kind of look like pimples, and they seem to come out only once in a while. I guess they come out when my nipples are out. Then once in a while my boobs just become smooth. Can anyone who has been pregnant before describe what these bumps look like? Thanks a lot!
Related Discussions
6 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
134578_tn?1404951303
I had them early in pregnancy but don't have them any more.  They were on the aureola and looked like bumps.  Yeah, sort of like pimples but more like goose bumps.  They came on after I knew I was pregnant, so, about at a week or two after the missed period.  Good luck!
Blank
140844_tn?1204945253
Hi AnnieBrooke,
I just have one more question. Do they show at all times, or they disappear at times. Like I said, mine show only sometimes, but not at others. Thanks for your response. Have a good day!
Blank
134578_tn?1404951303
Well, I didn't track them, now (at 10 weeks pregnant) they are gone but I don't know if they appeared, disappeared and reappeared, or if they just made a couple-of-weeks appearance and then went away.  I only noticed them in passing (like, "Oh, yeah, there are those tubercules,") because since I already knew I was pg by the time they showed up, it wasn't so exciting as if it had been the first clue.  Sorry I can't help you more there.  My ept test gave me a really good early reading, so if you're eager to know about the tubercules mainly to see if you might be pregnant, you might try taking one.  Good luck!

Blank
i have montgomery tubercules on my nipples, my breast are very tender. im not due for my period for another 4-5 days. i have other signs of being prego. do you think i am or am i just jumping the gun?
Blank
1083673_tn?1388892238
I think i have montgomery tubercules it has just recently appeared and I want to know if it come from prenatal vitamins or if it is an early sign of pregnancy. I am TTC and it is a good thing if it is i would be so happy. thanks
Blank
1156119_tn?1280183214
The round bumps are found in the areola, but also on the nipple itself. They can become exposed and raised when the nipple is stimulated. The skin over the surface opening are lubricated and tend to be smoother than the rest of the areola. The tubercles become more pronounced during pregnancy.

(Found on Wikipedia)
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Women's Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank