When should i get a test?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

When should i get a test?

Hello! this is my first time posting, so bare with me...
I'm 19. I lost my virginity when i was just 15 years old. (Yes I know, SAD.) Me and the guy have had sex numerous times, and every single time without a condom or any birth control. (I know, VERY SAD.)
Several times, he'd mention, either jokingly or seriously, i'm not sure, that he "came" in me. Afterwards, my period would go away, for long periods of time, like from a week to a whole month. Then it would come back after my hopes were all up.
It's been a while, and i am proud to say i am a very much changed woman, got right with God, 2 years cellibate, and everything has been pretty good. I talked to this boy last year (who had moved when i was 17 due to the loss of his mother, and mind you, he's been gone for a few months by that point) and found out he was having a baby.
Now that's made me worried because he and i have done things together for 3 years, and he's been gone for a few months and has already had his first child.

How can i know for sure if i am fertile? I do want children, and one day i want to be married, and trust me the urge is strong. I heard obseity* plays a factor in fertility (i am a big girl, and loving it), but both my mother and father are heavy set, and my little brother and sister are 6 and 3, so i typically cast out that fear.
Also when i was a young one, around 4 or 5, i had a severe asthma attack in which i had to take steriods and stay in the hospital for some days. Would that play a factor in it?
i would just say that God was watching over you. and in his time will you get pregnant. the only way to know about your fertility is to go to the dr. and usually they will not test a whole lot until you have been trying to get prgnant for ayr. you are young and i would just wait on mr right who u def. want a baby with..try and if it doesnt happen then ask dr about your fertility then..
Coming from the heart I bet you are just fine. I always thought that I couldn't have children. I lost my virginity at a really young age and only used protection one time. The people that I was with had babies and Istill had none. I finally had a child last May and Im getting ready to have my second this october.
Thank you guys, that helps a great deal! you're a real blessing!