Yasmin Birth Control Pill - Questions about side effects when stopping

I have been on Yasmin for 6 months.  I have stopped because my husband and I are considering having another baby.

Well, I decided to search for some info. in regards to stopping yasmin and came across a message forum.  (not this one)

Okay, now, my concern is the effcts after STOPPING yasmin.
I understand that all bc pills are different and so are we women as far as side effects go.  I have read postings about women who stopped taking yasmin and have experienced the following:

- anxiety, panic attacks, heart palpitations and fluttering
- depression
- excessive weight gain
- hair loss

*I already have a prob. with depression, anxiety and panic attacks, so I am currently on medication.  (Will be weaned off if not good during the pregnancy - just wanted you to know I am thinking it all through:)

*It is one thing to gain maybe 5 lbs. or to gain weight when pregnant.  I have been pregnant before and understand weight gain comes with this.  LOL  HOWEVER, my concern is mainly the emotional / mental side effects after stopping yasmin, as well as excessive weight gain after stopping.  (while not pregnant)

Has anyone either Experienced these side effects after stopping yasmin OR known of anyone who has or know anything about these effects.  I am guessing they are caused from the drop in the hormone levels.  Also, I have heard about primrose oil and flaxseed oil being good to regulate hormones or help PMS symptoms.  (I was mainly on yasmin for PMS symptoms / moods and to regulate my periods)

Thank you!

i jus started yasmin...the only effects i had so far is that i broke out on my face..and white discharge from it and sometimes it burns when i pee..my gyn said it mite be too strong for me
I took yasmin for about 2 years.  I just got off of it about 6 months ago and just found out i'm pregnant.  I didn't go through any side effects.  If anything, my moods were better.  My sex drive increased and I did put on those dreaded 5 lbs.  But so what?!  I'm pregnant!  I believe having a child would be worth the symptoms of getting off Yasmin!  After all, you can't have a baby while you're on it.  You'll have to come off of it sometime.  Might as well do it now! Good luck!
I did not have any side effects after I stopped taking Yasmin.
Thank you so much to all of you who posted comments!!  I feel beter knowing that there are women who got off of yasmin and did not have any major side effects.

I agree - 5lbs no biggie, but, you see, I was reading in this one forum about women who stopped taking yasmin and gained like 30 - 40 lbs (not pregnant) within 4 or 5 months of being off of it.

Congratulations to kitkat20!

I have 2 wonderful children and I want one more, but first my husband has to get a vasectomy reversal.  (I know...a whole other topic!)

Also, to rya24, I had the same thing happen the first month or so with yasmin - my face totally broke out, but it stopped.

Thank you again to those who have stopped yasmin and posted about having no side effects...I feel better.

Sheri
Hello ladies,

Thanks for all your feedback, coz I'm like JDRF, I'm also concerned. I went off the Yasmin pill last May, after taking Yasmin for almost a year. I've had things happening to me, but in general, I'm all right.

I witnessed the following symptoms before, around and after my first period aftr stopping the pill:

1- Delay in period (1 day only).
2- Intense hormonal imbalance.
3- Depression.
4- Water-retention.
5- Breakout on my face.
6- Cramps before, during and after the following 2 periods after stopping the pill.
7- Blood spots after sex, in the second month (after my first period and before my 2nd ).
8- Tiredness and procrastination.
9- Weight gain (2-3 kilos).
10- Some hair loss (until now), not critical.

In general, I'm ok, but what really concerns me is the weight gain that is on the increase, although I've been monitoring what I eat, and have been on diet. Instead of losing weight, I'm gaining it. I feel as if I'm bloated and have water retention, but my next period is not before 15 days.

So my advice is please check with your doctor. If you do, please let me know what s/he tells you. Thanks & good luck!

Razan
I started taking yasmin in January and for the first two months i swore i was pregnant, constant morning sickness, breast tenderness etc. I was told that this was normal being that the reason for this particular pill was the hormone deficency I was being treated for. After the 2 months of morning sickness my face started breaking out really badly but other than that everything else was great. I have since decided to stop taking it because of the cost that my insurance wont cover. i have been off of it for a month this week and for the last 2 weeks i am going through the feeling being pregnant all over again. I am constantly sick and have breast tenderness though that is not as bad as it was when i started it. I dont understand this, i can see when you start the hormone treatment but to feel this way when you stop? I have taken 2 preganacy test and both were negative. I have an appointment with my dr on the 18th but it would make me feel better to know that someone else was going through this too. Does any of this make sense to anyone??
A.C
I have been on Yasmin for 2 1/2 years, after the birth of my second son. I am going to my GYN tomorrow for a 6 month check up as well as to see if decreased sex drive is a major side effect???? I hope so b/c I would love to switch pills and be OK!!!!! Any one having the same problem and would like to comment I would love to hear back from you!! It's becoming a problem in my marraige and is upsetting me greatly!!! As far as any other sides effects the only one I can really report is I spot 2 weeks before my actual period. So sometimes I feel like I have my period for 2 weeks which is really annoying. But my period cramps and flow are much less on Yasmin then they use  to be!! Thanks AC in L.I
I was on Yasmin for 4 years.  Just went off to try to have another baby. Sex drive has "sky rocketed"!  Decrease in sex drive is a side-effect of many birth control pills.  I think that is why they work so well.  Hard to get pregnant when you dont fell like having sex;) Good luck to you!
I am ecstatic to hear the possibility of my sex drive sky-rocketing! I have been on Yasmine for 3-4 years now & I am dead sexually. Not to mention the insomnia (waking up in the middle of the night--EVERY night), the mild depression, & odd hair growth in my eyelashes (which may or may not be related).
i agree wtih karriern about sexual side effect.  iwas on that pill for a couple of years.  i even got pregnant on that pill.  took it at the same time every day.  
the makers of pills have to list any side effect that may come up, even if it is a millimeter of a chance.
some females experience weight gain, but heres the thing usually the weight gain is about 5 pounds give or take a few.  the females that gain 30 pounds and blaim it on the pill are probably eatting a little much.  I have heard about weight gain from the depo shot though.
some females find it easier to get pregnant while on the pill, the purposly miss three pills and there you go.  
I have been on the pill for a little over 4 years and have just recently stopped taking it. My husband and I are trying to have a baby. Are there any other crazy symptoms that anyone else has had pertaining to Yasmin? I have been off for like 2 weeks and a few days ago I have noticed that my urine has like a medicine like smell to it. Has anyone experienced this while going off the pill?
I actually had no problems when getting off that pill.  Like I stated earlier I ended up pregnant on that pill.  I took the pill about a month into my pregnancy because I had no idea I was pregnant.  My daughter is now 5 and not a thing wrong with her.  I would look at the booklet that comes with your pill packet and read about any side effects.  Make sure you are drinking enough water also.
Hi :-) Ive just come off yasmin after about 2 years of being on it and i had NO sexual desire at all the whole time i took it ! I think its coming back slowly now ive been off it for a week? I hope so, cos ive heard that side effect can be permanent haha......i believe thats a reason my bf left me 2 weeks ago...i just couldnt be bothered with it :-) lol
Hi :> I too, have been off the pill for about 4wks now and I still haven't gotten a period. Anyone else have this problem? I'm not pregnant & I continue to experience pre-menstrual cramps, bloating, and tenderness in my breast but no period! .... Gosh I don't I ever wanted a period as much as now :-) lol.
HI,I took Yasmin for the past 6 months. Before this pill I was taking a stronger BCP don't remember the name right now... Anyway I notice that since I started to take Yasmin my skin was breaking out so I talk to my Gyno here told me to stop taking them so I stopped.  That was last month and half ago. My period didn't come for 40 days and I have an extremely heavy period... never have it like that before; I gain 3 lbs I hope I will lose them once my period stops. I'm pretty sure is water retention. During the delay my breasts were very tender, my lower back was sore, I had mood swings (never had them before) and today I've been feeling like someone is seating on my chest  and it's hard to breath (I don't know if what I'm describing is a panic attack never had that before either) I talked to my Gyno he said that it was normal until the body get use to do everything by itself again. I hope that happens soon.
I've been on Yasmin for about 5.5 years, before I was on desogen for 5.5 years.  I've never been off the pill, since the age of 18.  I just stopped taking the yasmin 11 days ago.  I've had horrible cramps for 4 days in a row and i'm 2 weeks away from my period.  I don't think 11 years on the pill and suddenly going off of it would result in a pregnancy so fast, right???  So, I'm guessing its a side-effect of going off the pill.
And my husband is the happiest person in the world right now.  I've had no sex drive for years (hardly any anyways) and in only 11 days, I've gotten the sex drive of a 20-year old man!!!  ha ha ha!  
I'm waiting for more side effects from not taking the pill - no acne yet (thankfully) and no weight gain...I thought you lose weight when stopping the pill...
I am so glad to have found this board!  I just stopped taking Yasmin (this week) because my husband and I are thinking about another baby.  Now I am mildly concerned though because I had a very light period last week (2 days), and I woke up bleeding again today.  (sex last night)  Has anyuone here had the same sort of thing, and/or should I chalk it up to my body missing the hormone it was getting?  Thanks!
I went off Yaz about two months ago... It took me forever to get my period again, I had horrible cramps and breast tenderness, I broke out, and to top it off I realized that I gained 5lbs. (eating less!!!)... The only good thing was that my sex drive increased (not that I needed help in that department).  I am going back on it!  I cannot deal with this right now, especially since I am not trying to get pregnant!
I came off of Yasmin a few months ago and feel so much better now but had terrible side effects.  I gained 12 lbs (yes, not what you want to see when you're trying to get pregnant), my first period took 38 days to come all of which I was bloated, cramping, and just plain miserable, and my sex drive completely disappeared while I was on it making me feel as though I was broke.  I just told my husband last night that I'm amazed at how much better I feel and that I'm relieved to see that my sex drive loss was from the pill and not from something being wrong with me.  I'm working on almost every day now and have yet to kick the 12 lbs that I gained but after reading all of the comments I do know that I will not use Yasmin again.
Wow, I wish I would have researched Yasmin 5 or 6 years ago when I started it.  I was also on Desogen for about 5 years before that.  I taking Yasmin 7 weeks ago and still haven't gotten a period.  I had horrible cramps when I should have gotten a period, and almost went to the ER with the severity of the pain.  I have been extremely bloated for about three weeks now, and have gained a few pounds (I exercise frequently, just like before).  I'm not pregnant, either.  I'm so confused and annoyed with these effects after coming off Yasmin.  I also never thought I'd be so eager to get a period--just to know things are normal, and I really I hope I don't gain any more weight--I'd like to go back to the weight I was while on Yasmin.  If I ever take BCP again, I won't choose Yasmin.
Wow, I wish I would have researched Yasmin 5 or 6 years ago when I started it.  I was also on Desogen for about 5 years before that.  I stopped taking Yasmin 7 weeks ago and still haven't gotten a period.  I had horrible cramps for the five days when I should have gotten a period, and almost went to the ER with the severity of the pain.  I have been extremely bloated for about three weeks now, and have gained a few pounds (I exercise frequently, just like before).  I'm not pregnant, either.  I'm so confused and annoyed with these effects after coming off Yasmin.  I also never thought I'd be so eager to get a period--just to know things are normal, and I really I hope I don't gain any more weight--I'd like to go back to the weight I was while on Yasmin.  If I ever take BCP again, I won't choose Yasmin.
I am glad I found this board.  It is good to know that I am not the only one.  I went of Yasmin about a month ago because my husband and I want to have a baby.  I am experiencing horrible cramps and breast tenderness. I took a pregnancy test and it came up negative.   I haven't started my period yet and I thought that it would have started by now especially with the cramping.  I am not sure if it is something I should see a doctor about or if it will naturally work itself out.  Anyone have any ideas or information that can help????
Hey all!!! I stopped taking Yasmin about 3 weeks ago, I have been taking it for four years, and others since I was 18 (I am 38 now). The side effects I have experienced are weight gain (8 lbs that WILL NOT go away...........will it when things regulate????), spotting, and a crazy sex drive that I have never had before. I am most concerned with the weight gain, as I have been trying to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight for 2 years. Thanks all!!!
I started taking Yasmin in October of 2006 because the pill I was on before was making me sick.  Well the first period that I got was a normal one.  Lasted from Thursday to Tuesday.  Then the next one went from Friday to Monday.  Then after that I would get it late Friday and Sunday morning it was gone.  And during this time it was barely noticeable.  In May of 2007 I got my period on the 30th and it lasted until June 6th.  And it was really really heavy.  And I hurt like I was in labor.  Then when I should have gotten my period in July I got NOTHING!!!!!!!  I found out that I am pregnant.  I took the pill everyday and at the exact same time.  When I went to the OB and they where questioning me they said did you miss any pills?  I said NO!  And their response was well Yasmin is 99.9% effective.  I find that funny because I have 3 other friends who also got pregnant on Yasmin.  I would never take this ever again or recommend it to anyone.  
I took Yasmin for two years, but I just got off about a month ago because my husband and I want to start a family. Honestly, I feel horrible. I am bloated and experiencing nausea and fatigue. I know I'm probably not lucky enough to be pregnant this soon, so I figure it's the side effects of getting off the pill. After reading some of the postings I realized that I have put on a couple of pounds (nothing dramatic though) and I also have noticed an increase in my sex drive...I don't mind this side effect!!!
i took yasmin for 3 years, and have been off now for 3 weeks. i have not had any of the symptoms that people are mentioning: no bleeding, no headaches, no bloating, no acne, my sex drive has always been good, so no change there, and no weight gain. i have however, had slight moodiness in the first week of being off but i'm ok now, very faint cramping, some fatigue, but the symptom that's really been pronounced is the breast tenderness. i usually NEVER get this sore, not even before my period. and my nipples have been very painful. anyone get this? i did ovulate a week and a half ago, and did have sex right at the fertile time. so i guess it could be possible that i may be pregnant, however, the side effects that everyone is listing is similar to pregnancy. i've taken the pill and been off, but i've never really noticed these symptoms before, and i am EXTREMELY regular. any one?
Hi I'v just been pescribed yasmin by my doctor&am abit worried about taking it. My GP prescribed it because firstly I lost alot of weight about two years ago+havn't had a regular period since the weight loss,even though I'm at a healthy weight now. I was on one pill before but was severly bloated from it,tender breasts ect...I'v a really sensative body!I'm 19+still have really bad acne!Now I'v heard that alot of you have had breaks out after starting the pill, I mean how much worse can my skin get,if only you seen my face now,what will it be like on the pill&my GP said it would get rid of my acne! I'm very selfconscious,especially when it comes to my weight,I try to be be as healthy as possible with regard to my diet&exercise+the thought of gaining all those pounds is daunting. Can any one suggest I good pill with little side effects,as I really want my body regulating right+to have that extra protection as condoms only work 97% of the time or something!Or is there alot of people who have had no problems because I heard it can be different for different people?
I wasn't taking Yasmin, but I was on some form of BCP for 10 years now.  I've stopped taking it because my husband and I want to start a family.  I've only been off of it for 2 weeks and my breast are very tender.  I've NEVER had tender breasts before.  Not before I took BC, or before/during my periods.  It has to be a side effect of gett off the pill because I just finished my last pack of pills and didn't start a new one, so I was on my period when I quit taking the pills.  That was August 5th.  My husband and I had sex on the 12th.  My breasts started getting sore a couple days ago - maybe the 16th or 17th.  I can't imagine me being pregnant already, and since I've never had breast tenderness before I can only associate it with stopping the pill.  This is the only strange symptom I've had.  No depression, weight gain, etc. since getting off the pill.
just to update. i'm due to get my period either tomorrow or wed, and on friday, all the breast tenderness is gone... i feel the best that i've felt since i've been off. so i'm glad that this is just temporary.
I've been taking yasmin since I was 18 (I'm 24 now). I never had a problem with my sex drive until after I had my son. Ever since then I have had NO sex drive. I understand that after having a baby, sex drive goes down, but this is driving me (and my husband) crazy. Does anyone else have this problem?
I stopped taking Yasmin after 5 years 6 weeks ago.  My period was 6 days late.  My nipples were hard non-stop for 2 weeks before my period.  Breasts a little sore, but more nipples.  I was bloated and gassy for 1-2 weeks.  I actually feel more confident and less depressed since getting off of Yasmin.  With Yasmin, I had vaginal dryness and had to use KY Liquid all the time.  Now I get wet enough on my own.  My bf had a vasectomy so we aren't looking to have a family.  I may have gained a little weight (less than 5 pounds) but unsure because waiting for the bloating and now period to stop to know for sure.  Havent had my hair fall out and to my surpise my skin is actually staying very clear.  My sex drive has definitely increased as well.   I'm 31 y/o.  I hope this helps you  ladies...  
I am a 30 year old and I was on the pill (yasmin) for about 7 years and just recently (in May) had my tubes tied.  I stopped the pill.  The side effects that I have had since stopping the pill are- more of a sex drive which my husband loves, and acne.  No weight gain..just regular water gain around the time of my period.  As for the acne- this really bothers me.  I have little bumps (which you can not see) on my face and pimples keep popping up on my chin.  I called my gyno to see if this is relative to stopping the pill and they were no help.  Does this eventually stop- or should I see a dermatologist or my regular doctor??  Please help.  Thanks.
dose anyone no any thing about Depo-Provera aka the shot and what some woman can get with periods and if a dark brown with a little hint of orange dicharge is normal?
my ob/gyn put me on yasmin to control my cysts.  I was on it for almost a year.  I hated it!!! I had vaginal dryness as well and the tightness was horrible.  We used lubricant but it wasnt always helpful.  My mind wanted one thing and my body another.  I switched back to my previous brand for one month and got cyst so i went back to yasmin.  now i'm off and ttc.  II am having acne as well and my body is back to normal, i have gained weight though since being off of the yasmin.   had an early mc last month and currently i'm really late but waiting till next week before i go for a blood test.

I've been on Yasmin for the past 6 years and I never had any side effect.  I was on it due to my horrible breakouts, since I've been taking Yasmin I hardly ever broke out.  I stopped taking it for about 4 months now because my husband and I are trying to have a baby, since I stopped taking the pills I have terrible breakouts just like before I started Yasmin. I gained 10 lbs but I think it's because I stopped working for almost a year now and not as active as I used to be, but I don't really mind because I tried gaining weight for a very long time. I like my weight now.

Overall, I love how Yasmin helped cleared up my skin.  It's been great for me!    
I have been on Yasmin for 2 years and I stopped taking it in May, I have not had a period yet and I am definately not pregnant. Has this happened to anyone else?
I have never wanted a period so badly!
Hi I was on Yasmin for a year now after it was suggested by my gynie, and I too lost my sex drive!  I used to have a wicked sex drive that would tire my boyfriend too!  I've recently gone off it and look forward to getting it back!  I hope all the other symptoms don't bother me!
Hello, I was on Yasmin for well over a year, my skin was perfect whilst on it, but it was making me feel depressed/moody a lot so I came off it around 4 months ago... I've still not really had a proper period (one light one and that's it really) and if anything I've lost a few pounds... but I do keep breaking out in loads of spots!

Just wondering if anyone else encountered this when coming off Yasmin, and if so, how long did it take for your skin to get back to normal?! I'm wondering if I should just go back on it for the clear skin even if it makes me depressed! My skin's really getting me down and depressing me now, but being on this pill makes me depressed... I can't win.

Any advice/info would be much appreciated! I just want to know if these horrible spots will last much longer!
Well, my acne is getting VERY bad due to me not being on Yasmin for 4 months now because my husband and I are trying to have a baby.  Stupid question but, If I get back on the pill again and purposely miss a pill here and there and not take it the same time everyday. I'm hoping it'll clear up my skin and  hopefully still get pregnant?  But my main concern is birth defect, if there's any chance of that happening, I won't risk it.

What do you guys think?
I was on the patch a few years ago. I went off it. Had a tubal pregnancy (lost the baby) and started on yaz (not yasmin) immediately after (aug 2006). i just stopped taking it a couple weeks ago so that i could lose some weight. i'm not due to start my period for another 2 and a half weeks but my breast are really sore, especially my nipples. and i've noticed that i've been very tired lately which is a symptom of pregnancy but could also be that i started going into work an hour earlier.

has anyone else who is definitely NOT pregnant (has had a real period) had similar symptoms? i'm really worried about the sore breasts/nipples cuz I know that i had that the last time i was pregnant. and it's not close enough to my period to be associated with my typical soreness around that time. someone please help.
I would also like to know if anyone has a suggestion for another pill. I was on Yasmin for about 6 months and stopped because I kept getting a white, milky discharge and acne on my forehead. I stopped for 3months and it went away. I restarted because my husband got all freaky that I wasn't on the pill and doesn't want to have a baby. This pill is too strong for me I think. I was on Triquilar 21 for the last 10 years, but since I moved to Europe they don't make Triquilar or the equivalent any more.  I was prescribed Yasmin...but I don't think it's the one for me.  Doctors advice here costs 150 Euro a shot...so I'm just wondering if there's someone out that can suggest a really soft, non discharge causing pill.  Thanks.
Yes I have been off Yasmin for 26 days and have not had a period yet.  I know I'm not pregnant.  I would just like to know when to expect it.  I agree if with everyone else now off Yasmin my sex drive has SKY ROCKET as well and I don't feel bloated I feel great.
I just got off Yasmin about 2 months ago.  I started my period when I was supposed to, and it was very regular.  Problem is I started 2 days later and have had a constant period for the last 3 weeks!  Some days are very light ,some heavy.  No other symptoms.  I do have to say mood is better, no more headaches, and increased sex drive big time.
My breast were also really sore.  Actually to the point that they bothered me too much to exercise.  I was actually really excited because we are trying to have another baby, and that is how my breast felt with my 2 children, but to my surprise started my period, and have been on it for 3 weeks straight!
I have now been off birth control for a month and a half.  At first as I wrote before I felt horrible.  I just wanted to let you all know that there is a light at the end of the tunnel.  Once I had a normal period on my own I have not felt better.  I do not have any more cramps, no breakouts and I havent had a better sex drive.   The only problem that I have run into is that my husband and I are trying to get pregnant and so far I have not detected ovulation.  I do hope that I am just late on that because I want to be a mom!!  Any one have any input on this?????  
I have been onYasmin for about 4 years and came off of it 8 days ago. I was happy on Yasmin for the first couple of years, however, in the last year, i have experienced lots of problems:
- 0 sex drive
- dryness, tightness
- strange periods: only 2 days long, clumpy, heavy
- feeling of being bloated all the time

I felt disgusting all the time and insecure about myself because of the feeling of being bloated.  I have been off the pill for 8 days and feel great.  i have more engery, i dropped 5 pounds (and fit back into my skinny jeans!), and feel much better about myself. my sex drive has not come back yet but i am feeling hopeful after reading other's comments.  I have been having reall back headaches though...i am taking tylonol regularly till they go away.  other than that i am very happy with my decision to stop the pills thus far.
Has anyone experience extremely tender and sore nipples?  Not the breast just the nipple.  I cannot believe how sore they are.  Since my last entry on this site I feel as though I have put on about 5lbs. very bloated and still no period.  I decided to go off the pill after being on it for 4yrs as I am 45 and do not have to worry about birth control as my husband had a vasectomy 6yrrs ago and other than the last few days I have felt great.
I had a friend of the family who was on yasmin and she stopped only because she had 10 heart attacks within 2 months. She has so far survived them all. But doctors told her everyone thats had the condition has died within 10 months of their first heart attack! Research has been done and doctor are blaming these heart attacks Yasmin Birth Control!!! The doctors now say ANY birth control that shortens your period can cause this. Just trying to let people know!

Hey I just read what you wrote and I have a question for you.  I saw that you said you were on Desogen.  I have been on this pill for 6 months now and have experienced a lot of weight gain and often feel very lathargic. My question is did you have any of these side effects from this pill and when you switched to Yasmin did u prefer it? Because I just asked my doctor to prescribe yasmin but haven't started  the pill pack yet.

Thanks!!
oh guys, nice to meet you all. I stopped Yasmine in February to try for baby. I only took it 2 months, I was on Microgynon for one year before then. Since I stopped Yasmine I gained 10 kg!!! My periods are like 45 days cycle, used to be normaly 35. I don' t even get ovulation cervical mucus, it is so frustrating. I bought Vitex that I'm trying just now, cause I think my hormones are all over the place.
i am so glad i found this site!  i was on yasmin for 5 years and recently stopped so i can get pregnant.
it's been one week that i have not taken it and i am SO bloated.  i look 4 months pregnant and my stomach is as hard as a rock.  i also found my heart keeps fluttering for the past 3 days.  it's strange b/c i didn't think the bloating and heart thing could be linked.  i kept googling both symptons until i came up with this site that answers all my questions.  i will call my ob/gyn monday to see what's up and find out how to ease the symptons. good luck to everyone!
Hi:  Are you still experiencing the pain?  Did you look into the cause if so what did you find out?  I have stopped taking Yasmin since Aug. 5 and still have not had my period.  I am in extreme pain hurts to sit, put on about 8lbs, bloated, break outs on my face just feeling really awful.  I go to see my doctor tomorrow.
Finally I realize that I'm not alone!!!  I'm 29 and have been on the pill for 5 years. I too am trying to get pregant, I have been off Yasmin going on my third month. It has been AWFUL!!! I am moody, headaches, bloated, fatigue, could care less about school and work, break outs on my face and BACK (which has never happened before!!). One minute I want to cuss and scream and the next I want to cry. I am so ready to feel like myself again....
Hi, I went on Yasmin about 2 years ago.  I came off it after 18 months and still haven't had a period (my last one was on Yasmin, at the end of May - now it's mid September!)  

Also, I had hot flashes for the first six weeks after coming off but they've gone now thankfully.  I'm 37 and am waiting for a blood test to rule out early menopause - eek!  However I think the problem may be down to the side effects of going off this particular new generation pill.  I've never had these problems on any other pills I've been on in the past.

Anyone else experienced these symptoms?
Hi...great finding this site!i am 22...been on yasmine for 6 years and recently came off it.Experiencing bloating and extreme hair loss!!really worried...does anyone know if your body regulates back to normal and if your hair will stop falling out???????whilst on the pill experienced NO side effects!!!wondering if I should go back on?any help?
I stopped taking yasmin after my july period. my august period was a week late. I did not think anything of it until this month (September). I should get my period in about a week. I look like i'm seven months pregnant with bloating. I've already gained 5 lbs, and it does not look like it's going to stop soon. I am seriously considering not even being of BC after my husband and I have our third child. It bothers me that my body is reacting so adversely to not having it in my system. Congratulations to all the ladies who are expecting. I hope to be next. Until then, I have to concentrate on getting down to a healthy weight.  
I stopped taking Yasmin in June and have had 1 regular period since then. My husband and I want to have a baby, but it's hard to do when I'm not ovulating?
My questions are:
How long did it take you to get a regular cycle after stopping yasmin?
How long after that did it take you to get pregnant?
How long were you on Yasmin to begin with?
When you were on Yasmin, did you take the pill all the way through and skip your period?
Have you seen your gyno re: no period for 18mths?  I've been off Yasmin for about 8wks and have not had a period yet.  I have put on 8lbs feel terrible extremely bloated, gassy and  a lot of pain.  My main concern is the weight gain none of my clothes fit.  I'm 44 yrs old and also having test done for menopause.  
I've been talkin Yasim going on 11 months. I started taking them to regulate my period. I've gained over 20lbs. My periods are very short and light. I'm emotinal and depressed all the time. My mood swings all the time.
I started taking Yasmin for 6 months ( I quit taking Yasmin in March) after taking Ortho Novum for 14 years.  I noticed that I was gaining water weight like crazy (my arms, my legs, my abs-I have a six pack normally) I work out  5 to 6 days a week (35 minutes of serious cardio-step mill, jump rope, running, etc.)Does anyone on this message board lift weights pretty seriously and have noticed that they have gained water weight since stopping the pill?  Thanks!
Hi:  I am having the same systoms with water weight.  I also work out 6 days a week mostly running (1/2 marathons) cross train and just added weights to my workouts.  Last week was crazy.  I couldn't fit into my clothes.  I notice most of the weight in my mid section.  I had one day last week were I felt great no pain no bloating.  I've been off Yasmin since late July 2007 and still have not had a period.  It is very frustrating.  I see my doctor next week and I'm going to ask her about a diruetic to take.  Also I got on the scales and was horrified at the reading.  8.5lbs!!!!!  GAIN
i had same issues (see post above carmelisa 9/15) and asked my gyno about it.  she recommended i take vitamin B-6 since it's a natural diuretic and safe to take when trying to get pregnant.  i also started taking digestive enzymes with each meal and drinking giner tea.  when it's really bad i also take 1 tbs of peppermint oil.  all of this has made a huge difference.   i still notice some weight gain, but the bloat and gas has been drastically reduced. good luck!
I was on Yasmin for 2 1/2 years and I had a lot of side effects. They included:

-Dizziness/ loss of vision
-Mild panic attack
-Caused lactose intolerance
-Spotting after sex
-Decrease sex drive
-Mood shifts
-Lack of energy
-Diarrhea

I am very annoyed because I constantly worry that I am pregnant. I wake up with morning sickness and am bloated. I also have the feeling I will be late for my first peroid off the pill. My sex drive is back and it is wonderful!! I have not experienced any weight gain or loss since I've taken it or been off. I've been off it for about a month now. I am also getting my engery back and can have all products with dairy with out being sick. I never thought it was a possiblity to be allergic to lactose from a birth control pill. I would like to mention that I did not see a doctor to confirm it was the pill that caused the lactose intolerance but I stopped taking it and was able to eat lactose with out being sick. This was my first birth control I have ever used. I am 19 years old and have never been pregnant before. Just thought I would mention that.
You know what I was kinda getting worried because my hair is falling out a lot too! After every shower i have a hand full of hair coming with it. You are not alone it is very frustrating! I can't tell you if you should go back on or not because it is your decision. All I know is that I am taking a break from all of the chemicals. My body was pretty much giving out on me.
Amazing to read these stories... I have been on Yaz (not Yasmin) for 2 months and I couldn't be happier. I'm 50 and perimenopausal. Have had sleep problems and slightly shortened cycles (26 days instead of 33 for the past year or so). But the worst thing has been panic attacks and fear of driving on the freeway! I live in Los Angeles so you can just imagine what a problem it's been! Well, lo and behold, I went on the freeway yesterday and my anxiety has completely disappeared!

This is what Yaz has done:

1. Eliminated any type of acne (had some due to lowered estrogen and therefore unopposed androgen) on my chest and jawline

2.Eliminated any type of moodiness and temper - yes, I feel very slightly "zombiesque," since I never have anger freakouts anymore, but it's a small price to pay for being able to drive on the freeway again

3. Very light periods with NO CRAMPS OR PMS

4. Not reduced my sex drive at all - it took a dump when I turned 48 or so, since I stopped producing progesterone on my own. Yaz has not changed it, it's still pretty low, despite having tried natural progesterone cream. My husband is totally OK with it, we have sex about 1ce weekly and that's enough for both of us.

5. Not made me gain weight at all - the progesterone in Yaz is a diuretic.

6. Helped me with sleep - I sleep like a normal person now, like I used to before age 48.

It seems Yaz gets a bad rap on many discussion boards. I completely understand - when I was much younger, I went on a low dose birth control pill and became completely suicidal. I've also been on the mini-pill and Provera, and both of them contained norethisterone/norethinderone acetate and medroxyprogesterone acetate, which were HORRID progesterones...they made me gain 10 lbs, my boobs were constantly sore, I felt depressed, etc. But not with Yaz! Maybe younger women should wait until they hit perimenopause to go on the pill. In any event, Yaz has been a total blessing in every way. I feel much calmer, less stressed, less bloated during periods, less acneridden and WITHOUT PANIC ANXIETY ON THE FREEWAYS. Yay for Yaz...so far...
How long can you stay on Yaz?  I went off Yasmin due to my blood pressure which was always high off Yasmin back to normal.  I am having awful side affects coming off Yasmin and I cannot stay on Yaz forever  (if I started taking it)  what would the side affects be for coming off that BC pill.  Companies never tell you side affects of stopping a BC pill
I was on yasmin for 2 years and 5 months.  I have been off it for 9 months already.  I have had no negative side effects since being off it.  I get my period on time, each month, since I stopped taking it.  The only problem I have is I am still not able to get pregnant.... and its definitely not for a lack of trying.  Im scared to death to go to the doctors because the last thing I want to hear is that something is wrong.  There is nothing I want more than to be a mom.  Do you think something is wrong or is this normal? Can someone just tell me this is normal?  
I just started yasmin 5 weeks ago and so far ive been really sick..i had morning sickness the first 2 weeks, then after that stopped ive had a really upset stomach, my urine smells like sulfar really acidic and im really tired and get headaches just miserable ...i dont know what i should do..before this pill i was taking alesse and i was on that for 8 yrs..had none of the side effects tht im having now..the reason i got off of that pill was because it was breaking me out horrible and i didnt get my period for 4 almost 5months..ive been reading some really bad things about yasmin and im thinking of getting off of it and taking another pill.im really worried about my side effects
I am so glad to have found this site.  I started taking Yasmin in Sept. 06 after the birth of my son.  In November I had to start taking anti-depressants for the first time ever.....(thinking that my depression was related to the divorce of my parents) it never occured to me that it could be my BCP.  Then, my husband got a vasectomy in Feb. and in June I was able to stop taking my BCP .  Since then, my depression has gotten MUCH better.  I am no longer on anti-depressants.  However, my hair is falling out by the hand full.  I work out regularly and eat pretty healthy, and had lost 30 lbs but have gained 15 back in the past 3 months.  It doesn't look like it's going to stop anytime soon.  My face is breaking out terribly too!  I am at a loss of what to do.  I can't get in to my gynecologist for 2 months because I'm changing due to insurance so it looks hopeless to me at this point.  I am getting fat....my face looks awful....no sex drive....and losing all of my hair.  Any suggestions?
I forgot to mention that while I was on Yasmin I also had TERRIBLE migraine headaches at the onset of and coming off of my period.  Those have also subsided for the most part now that I'm off.

I would not recommend taking Yasmin to anyone...just wish I would have realized sooner that all of this was caused from BCP instead of age and stress.
i started yamin a year ago and i stopped taking it after my august period and now i am 3 days late. i would also get awful headaches the first day of my period whilke on yasmin. the month of july i swore i was pregnant, which was weird considering i never missed a pill and took it on time everyday. during july i felt nauseated, my fasce broke out, got headaches, had to constantly pee, my left breast is was oh so tender....since not starting a new pack when i was suppose to, i have had no more symptoms, AND no sign of a period. i took 2 over the counter pregnancy tests and negative. WHERE is my period?!?!?
Hi:  It took 7 weeks before I got my period.  I felt great  the first 2 weeks off Yasmin then all hell broke out.  Very tender and sore breast, breakouts on my face, bloated (8lbs. water gain), gassy (extremely), very very painful cramps it even hurt to sit.  Went to my doctor had a pregency test done negative just the side effects of coming off Yasmin.  Give yourself at least 7-8 weeks.  I feel 10 times better.  
hi everyone.  Same here, just got online tonight to figure out what the heck is wrong with me.  I have been taking BCPs for 15 years, and Yasmin for about 4.  I am so bloated and crampy. I have been off the pill for two weeks, and honestly was wondering if I could be pregnant. I am walking around holding my belly, and wanting to wear babydolls. Hello.... I also exercise 5/6 days a week, cardio, strength training, pilates....the works.  I was weighing 130, and even though I am still exercising and watching my food intake, I am currently at 136.  I am not happy about this.   OK sex drive is back, but not feeling to sexy with the bloating thing.  I am just recently off the pill, trying to start having a family, but I will stay positive and wait it out I guess.  I am going to consciously continue to keep my journal for food and exercise, and I will be back to report in a few weeks.  For the record, I am happy to be off the pill, since it was like a job for a long time, but this cramping sucks.  Take care all and good luck!!!!
I wanted to agree that this is a great forum for discussing these issues.  I have recently gone off Yasmin and have not had a great deal of side effects.  I have however, as many others have, had hair loss issues.  I have investigated on-line a bit and it seems that hair loss is often a normal occurance when going off the pill.  Many sites have indicated that hair growth will return to normal once your hormone level balances out.  If you are that worried consult your doctor.  
has anyone spoken to a rep from the 800 number for Yasmin? i tried calling but had to wait to long and hung up. i was just wondering why any of these symptoms most of us seem to have in common aren't mentioned in the mile long pamphlet included with each pack, had i kown, i would have just relied on condoms! i really miss my period!!!!
Hi all, I have just been reading all of your posts, and am happy to discover that i am not alone in side effects. I came of Yasmine 3 weeks ago after taking it for 8 months, before Jasmine was on Microginon 30. Anyway, I have been on the pill for 8 years non stop, have no children and am 26. The reason I stopped taking it was due to having bad migraines for the past year, one which landed me in hospital a month ago. I almost immediately felt better, more sex drive, less moodiness and depressive moods. Only thing... i have very sore nipples, feel like am putting on weight and noticed hair loss!! At the moment, after 2 weeks of feeling good, with no headaches or more importantly migraines, today I feel bad nausea coming on. Now I am worried that I am going to get a migraine again. Are these my hormones, am I getting my period, I am a bit nervous about waking up tomorrow morning to find one of my migraines. Any advice?
Hi,  its been over a month now and i still haven't gotten by peroid. I am now getting the tender breasts and bloated feeling. I hate going to sit down dinners now because i end up feeling sick if i don't move around. The good news is my hair is falling out less and less everytime i shower. i am also trying to eat very healthy lots of salad and veggies. i figure it may help. i am officially afraid to try another pill. Does anyone know what you can do to help get a peroid flowing again? besides excercise that is...i am trying that. good luck to everyone!
good news! i got my first period off of the pill.  and it was only one week late!  when it didn't arrive after 28 days i was not surprised but still took a pregnancy test 2 days later to make sure. it was negative, and then i started to think it could be months before i saw it, like so many people above have posted.  but it finally came yesterday and i am relieved to feel normal. i still have some bloating and my hair is falling out but i have hope that things will normalize after this cycle.  thanks for all of your support.
Hi. I'm considering coming off Yasmin (been on it about 5 years, never on BC before), because my husband has a vascectomy and I was taking it because I THOUGHT it was helping with mood swings. Upon reading about others' responses to Yasmin I realized it was probably making them worse (they've gotten worse, and I have a lot of other side effects as well). I have a pretty big concern about coming off: I've struggled with eating disorders for 20+ years, and gaining weight is a pretty terrifying (devastating) thing for me. Some of you say you have, some say you haven't; does anyone know if there's an average of how many do/don't? Any general sense you have from the majority of people you've talked to? I'm desperate not to get my eating disorder going again. I know to most people the tradeoff of better moods/weight gain is a no brainer, but it's really not for me. Advice?
I just started Yasmin 5 days ago after being off any BC for 8 years.  I am not sure if moodiness is coincidental or not, but i am very moody this week and it is not characteristic of me to feel this way.  Do any of you remember what it was like so soon starting Yasmin.  Also, i am always thinking about food.  I am an active person (a boxer & a runner).  After reading everything, i am considering stopping to take it.
I had all of the side effects that everyone has mentioned while on Yasmin.  I went off of it just to try and feel like myself again.  I have been off about 2 weeks now and feel great.  However unlike everyone else that has gone off of it and not had a period for a while I have dark brown to light red spotting.  Just enough to fill a small pad, not heavy just really when I wipe.  Has anyone else had this?
I stopped taking Yasmin about three months ago to prepare for pregnancy.  I was perviously taking Yasmin for 4 years.  I have experienced at 5-8lb weight gain especially in my stomach.  I feel and look like I'm six months pregnant--it's awful.  I eat well and workout regularly, if anything I should be losing weight not gaining.  Did anyone else experience this?  I am 31 years old.  I did notice and increased sex drive and bloating/cramping during my period.  My first cycle was 28 days, my second was 45 days.  

Any suggestions for losing the weight or any other sites you've read that have been helpful?  
Hi ladies. I've never posted to a forum, but I felt compelled to write regarding Yasmin. I took Yasmin for about 5 years and stopped taking it about 1.5 years ago. When I first went on it, I loved it. Then, after a few years, I noticed that I had developed some issues that I eventually attributed to Yasmin - severe anxiety, migraines, moodiness, loss of libido, dryness, etc. So, I decided to stop taking it. That was a very good move, however, that brought about a new series of problems.

For the first few months after I stopped taking Yasmin, I did gain a few pounds (I am a really active person and although I knew it was largely water weight, it was really frustrating). I also had a problem with some painful, ugly acne which I had *never* experienced before. Both of those things eventually went away (it took about six months though). As for a regular cycle, I am still waiting. In the last 18 months, I have had five regular periods. That's it. Recently, I started taking vitamin B complex and the herb Vitex and those have actually helped. But period-wise, the last year+ has been awful, sitting and waiting for a period that rarely comes.

On a good note, all of the anxiety is gone, I have no more migraines, my libido is totally back, the dryness is gone, and (now) the weight gain has subsided (and then some!) and all of the acne is a thing of a past.

I know I scoured boards over the last year looking for anyone who has been through the same thing so I hope this helps someone.
I have been on Yasmin for almost two years to prevent a hysterectomy.  I was told that in a couple years I would have to go off due to breast cancer risks.  I am almost 39 now.  I went off the med two weeks ago and now have bad cramping and bloating.  I would not expect my period for two weeks however I started with the pain and spotting at the end of the first week off the med.  I am back to having pain in the ovary area and feel miserable with the cramping.  Any suggestions as to whether I should continue to take the med for a while or risk the possibility of needing the surgery.  I am a nurse but am not an expert in the GYN field.  Thanks.
I have been off the pill for 8 weeks after 8 years (5 years on Yasmin). I have lost weight, my boobs have shrunk a whole cup size  (am a slim person anyway) and my periods have been pretty regular. But i feel emotional and anxious. And i have had breakouts on my forehead. I have been told it may take 6 months for your hormones to regulate themseles again but i feel quite down. Has anyone else felt down and anxious?
I started taking yasmin about 8 months ago and experienced all of the side effects listed for the first 2 1/2 months.....I felt great after that until about a month and a half ago.    I have had constant gassiness, nausea that leaves me bedridden, gastrointestinal problems to no end, severe depression, random panic attacks and heart palpitations, 10 ibs of weight gain that continues, no energy, dizziness, and a loss of sex drive....after a month and a half of this i saw my doctor and she said that the only likely cause is  Yasmin.  I reall NEED HELP...should i stop taking it immediatly??? Or will those side effects just continue because of withdrawals?  I mean i wasn't on the pill more than 8 mnths....Or should i just try a diff. pill??? HELP
I am 50 and have only been on Yasmin for 1 month and 1 week.  I decided to stop taking it because of mood swings, lack of sex drive, mild panic attacks and severe headaches.  I exercise daily and found that any type of exertion caused me to have intense headaches.  Probably equivalant to a migraine.
Any idea how long it takes for the drug to get out of your system?

After reading all of these posts through so many times,
and looking at other discussions. I have decided to go off the yasmin pill, and use another form of BC.
I have been on the pill since I was 13years old, due to the possibiliy of having early signs of endrometriosis (not sure how to spell it.) I used to get my period for 9 days very heavy twice a month. Doctors made me wait a year and a half to see if it would settle but it didn't and this was the doctors answer. I have been on at least 7 different pills over the last 12years, i can't remember the names! I am married now and if im less moody, less depressed and feeling less sick all the time I think its worth the risk. I am very scared about the side affects and im also very excited about maybe feeling my self again. hopefully this 12 year cloud lifts and i can get back to being my happy self and hopefully my body has sorted it self out. At least now I am older there are a lot more options for treatment then when your a kid- gyno's don't wana go any where near you when your 12 years old. Im comming off them from the 24th of november wish me luck.
I am so glad I found this site. I have been on BC for about 6 years and Yasmin for almost the last 3. I have been experiencing many of these similiar side effects, hair loss, decrease sex drive and dryness. My hair loss is the most noticeable and I assumed it was from stress since I am in nursing school but this summer was the first summer I havent taken school so I knew it was not from this. I started looking into it more and keeping track of how much hair I was losing when I got out of the shower (even my hair dresser was shocked). When I look back I have been in nursing school for almost 3 years so I never thought it could be from the pill, but obviously it is. I am going to stop taking the pill and let my body take a break for a while. Has anyone ever used the Depo shot?
After being very nervous about going off Yasmin because of the side effects mentioned, I decided to stop anyway. If it helps anyone, it's only been good news. My moods (and I'm moody) have been perfectly stable, and I've been dramatically more upbeat and feeling myself. My hair's only gotten thicker, my skin hasn't changed—maybe a little dryer, but nothing serious at all. I got my period (ok, not my favorite part) after a couple of weeks (I've never been regular), and aside from the fact that I was really enjoying not having a period (I admit, I was taking the Yasmin every day, which is stupid), not even a touch of PMS, just some average abdominal discomfort. My digestive system hasn't changed, I'm no more hungry, actually lost weight. Ok, bummer: my boobs have gotten a lot smaller, which is a drag, but I can live with it if I can stop feeling like such a libido-les maniac. Libido: my husband is thrilled, and so am I. If you're wondering if the side effects mentioned are guaranteed, they're not. And for me at least, going off the Yasmin was a really, really good idea.
Week 6.  No period.  Extreemly sore nipples.   Very bloated. Cramping (never had cramps), and run down. Had one PMS mood outbreak, and that rarely happens.  Hoping to have a period, ovulate, and concieve.....in any order at this point!
Any insight into when all these symptoms will subside greatly appreciated.  We need some encouragement!
Thanks.
After being celibate for 8 years (no sex til marriage), in 2003, I started taking Yasmin when I got married. The first month I didn't experience any side effects. Then strangely I began having difficulties sexually: dryness, pain and little to no sex drive. I then began getting yeast and bacterial infections every few weeks consistently. This put a huge strain on my marriage and let's just say that I have been divorced for over a year now. I remained sexually active since the divorce and stayed on the Yasmin. In June 2007, after my period I felt like I was pregnant. I had severe cramps, alot of discharge with a little blood , severe mood swings and then these migrains called occular migrains, where you see quick lights flashing for about 15 min., but no pain in your head. I was told to go to ER. The DR told me I wasn't pregnant, but that I had a hormonal imbalance as well as a yeast infection. Hmmm... since then I had that same experience in July and have had yeast infections every couple of weeks to the point where I have refills on Diflucan. In October, I went to the ER because the gyn thought I had a cyst on my ovary that burst, the ER doc told me I had a yeast infection..I was like what else is new. He noticed how frequent I get them. I told him that for the past 4 years I have been getting them consistently and I have adjusted my life style in always possible  to prevent them, which had not been successful. He printed out documents on causes of yeast infections. On the paper it read bc's can cause yeast infections. We both made a hypothesis that maybe that's what was going on with me. Since October I have had 2 more yeast infections and got fed up with taking medication all the time for it. So I made the decision to stop Yasmin. The 24th of Nov. was the last pill of my pack, so I made it my last day, . I don't really know what to expect, but I have had a bad headache since Mon. I had a weird chest pain yesterday, and lots of weird gurgling noises in my stomach. Last night my right side of my stomach was painful to lay on. After listening to everyone's side effects, I hope this is to the extent of it for me. Except the increased sex drive, I want that!! LOL    Just curious had anyone experienced the yeast infection problem or vaginal issues on Yasmin or any other bc ?
Just came across this forum and decided to post as well! I was on BCP for the past 5 years - not Yasmin though - Tricyclen - and I stopped taking it the middle of last month - no period yet either :( Tons of PMS symptoms and some that I've never had before bad gas - (like tiny bubbles popping in my stomach all the time), nausea, diarrhea and REALLY hungry all the time - not sure if the BCP I was on if the hormones affected my eating habits but it's possible.  I also had spotting the other night - but still no period. I know I'm not pregnant - tests have come back negative so I've decided to schedule an appointment with OB/GYN just to make sure things are alright.  Just wanted to let you all know you're not alone and hopefully like one poster said - there will be  a light at the end of the tunnel for us all!
Oh and I should add - since stopping the BCP - sex drive has gone THROUGH THE ROOF!  lol. :)
wow! me too- what a relief to have found this forum!
i got off Yaz at the beginning of this month (November). I have incredibly sore nipples, which started about 5-6 days ago. I'm concerned because I've never experienced this in my life, and i'm not sure if i'm pregnant or if this is a result of getting off the pill. I've been on birth control for about 10 years, and my periods were never regular before I got on the pill, so when my body does actually go back to "normal," i have no idea what that is.
has anyone (who wrote on this forum a while ago) found that they are actually pregnant?
OMG! I have been extremely thirsty, like almost dehydrated and extremely hungry too! I am worried because alot of people on here talked about gaining weight after stopping the pill...so maybe it is from hunger increase. I also think I am starting to have the gas issue too. I have a whole bunch of gurgling going on too...interesting!!!  When does the increased sex drive kick in? Is it all of a sudden?
Almost everyone on here said they experienced it. So when should I expect it to happen. That's the one thing I am excited about!!! LOL
thank goodness I found this forum. I thought I was going crazy! I also stopped yasmin at the beginning of November. About 2 weeks after stopping I got nausea (lasted about 8 days), constipation & bloating ++, unusually thirsty, flutterings in the stomach, extreme exhaustion, and as of last week very sore hard & swollen nipples (still have these now). I was convinced I was pregnant because I have never had this happen to the nipples in my whole life! All tests have been negative and so it looks like it must be my hormones going crazy. The good news is the bloating & nausea have improved a bit. Now I am just waiting for the acne to arrive. I had previously tried to stop the pill a couple of years ago, and got a really bad breakout after about 6 weeks, so I had to go back on it.
My only piece of advice is that I forced myself to exercise the last couple of days and it did make me feel better. I wish I had known the pill could mess up your hormones like this because I probably wouldnt have gone on it.
Goodluck all!
I have just started taking Yasmin about a month ago, straight after my last period. I was on Norimin-1. I have not missed any pills etc.. however my period is 4 days late. I have had a bad migraine today and have had some heart palpitations over the past 2 weeks. My only major concern is the late period. on my last pill I could virtualy time it to the enth degree as to when my period would start... now I am 4 days late. Has anyone experienced this with Yasmin??
i have been on yasmin for a few years now.. i have been forgetting to take it and then ended my monthly supply.. i havent taken it for  3 days and my sex drive has sky rocketed i almost didnt want to start taking until my anniversary with my boyfriend passes so that i have a good sex drive for it lol... i also feel like yasmin gives me yeast infrections.. like i said i havent been taken it for awhile and have noticed that i havwnt had a yeast infection in a week or so.. i cant rememebr the last time i havent had a yeast infection for this long.. its great i am going to talk to my doctor about this and find out if yasmin is the cause of it?  i also am trying to find more info on yasmin if anyone has any could you let meknow where you found it?
My doctor and I came to the conclusion that yasmin was probably giving me yeast infections too! I would get them like every two weeks, to the point were I have refills for diflucan. So biweekly yeast infections and no sex drive while on yasmin, you know my life was hell! Anyway, you're probably right about what u experienced and ur conclusion. I stopped yasmin almost 2 weeks ago and have an appt on mon. if i have no yeast infection that will let me know it has been yasmin the whole time. I am still waitn for my sex drive to sky rocket though... =/
Your post is the first one I have read indicating the development of lactose intolerance with the pill.  I had that in a bad way and didn't even realize for a while that it had anything to do with Yasmin.  I wound up with an expensive ER visit as a result of one of my really bad lactose intolerant/fatty food attacks which led to severe chest and lower back pains.  Doctors couldn't find anything wrong with me, but this attack happened about 5 times in the year I was on the pill.  Now that I'm off, I've had flutterings in my stomach, gas, nausea, been very teary, more hungry, and just this week I've had heart palpitations (this scared me because I thought I was having a heart attack or something).  I had my period right on time after I stopped taking the pill, but I haven't had one now since September 30th (two and a half months!)  I've taken two pregnancy tests and they've both been  negative, so I don't know what to make of it.  Just this week I've been experiencing a wierd brownish discharge which is the only thing I've had even resembling a period.  If I'm pregnant, that's okay, and if I'm not, that's okay too.  I just wish I knew one way or the other.  Oh!  And my lactose intolerance has gone away since stopping the pill 3 months ago.  I did read online that some women develop lactose intolerance when they are pregnant, and since the pill makes your body think it's pregnant, it makes sense that I developed lactose intolerance while on the pill!  And I really am interested in knowing if there is any pill or form of birth control which is highly recommended...we are using condoms and I actually have some sort of allergy to latex and it hurts to use them!
Hi!

Reading these comments have been very helpful, but also confusing because everyone has such different side effects.  

I'm 20 and have been on Yasmin for 2 years.  I'm about to go to my gyno to get my prescription refilled, but I just finished my last prescribed pill pack and can't go to the gyno for at least three weeks.  I might be forced, due to circumstances, to go off the pill.  

When I first got on the pill I gained 10 lbs., was somewhat depressed and my face broke out.  Since then, my skin has cleared up, I lost 20 lbs due to some intense diet and exercise, etc, but recently I've been feeling anxious, bloated and gassy and have had what feel like arrhythmic heartbeats.  I just don't feel right, and so I'm kind of thinking that going off the pill might help me, but at the same time I am kind of scared of what is going to happen.  

I kind of want to see if I can get an emergency prescription or something, but I am also curious to see what will happen if I go off of it.  Also, I've been curious lately about the sexual side effects of the pill.  I have no problem with my sex drive per se, but I find it almost impossible to orgasm and have lubrication issues.  Has anyone else noticed these problems?  Too bad my doctor didn't tell me all about this when she put me on Yasmin.  

Thanks!
Hey use non-latex condoms. Trojan has a line and Durex Avanti.  My Gyn recommended it for me and it has been better. No pain or infections anymore.
I stopped taking Diane-35 (prescribed to me as contraception) about 2 weeks ago, when my period came (Nov28-Dec4).  For the past week, I experienced some breast soreness and tenderness.  Then, Dec12 I got some pretty uncomfortable cramping in my lower abdomen, and hasnt stopped for  3 days.  The pain is mild/moderate and sometimes seems to radiate to my lower back and down my thighs.  I went to the ER twice in the past two days.  The forst one said maybe its a side effect from stopping the pill, and the second did bloodwork and urinalysis and all was normal.  Tomorrow Im scheduled for an ultrasound of my lower abdomen to check for ovarian cysts.  I am scared. ALso experiencing gassiness and bloated feelings.   Please, has anyone had this?  Do you think its going off the pill, and if so how long til I am back to normal again? Or does it sound more like cysts?  The pain seems mostly to be in the center, below my navel, best described as rubber bands snapping or twisting. I appreciate any advice.  Thanks.
I took Yaz for a week and stop because I was getting hot flashes, rapid heart beat and etc. It was terrible. I do not take anything now so my body is trying to get back to normal again. I will never take Yaz again. Some women have problems and some don't. I was one of them who my body didn't like Yaz.
This is unbelievable! I too went off Yasmin & has now been seven weeks since my last period (& am not pregnant).  While on Yasmin I thought it was wonderful, until I realised that the migraines (seeing stars for fifteen minutes) & possibly lactose intolerance were caused by Yasmin.  For the three years I was on Yasmin my weight was constaint at 56kg, as soon as I came off it increased 2kg & has now reduced back down to a net gain of 1kg which Im fine with.  Just wasnt sure when it would stop!

I too have had side effects going off the pill.  For the first month I had weird sensations like movement & things changing in my ovaries (or there abouts) as well as feeling nauseas. Very odd. Have been feeling really out of sorts, a bit down which is not me at all!! Hopefully everything will come back to normal again soon! That is it for me and the pill.  Never again!
Hey everyone..I'm glad I am NOT alone. I stopped taking Yasmin April 2006 and I just now got my first "real" period this past week..problem is, I'm still on it going on my second week. I too had the weight gain, hair loss, and mood swings. My husband and I are planning on trying to get pregnant soon and I'm hoping that my period will stop and we can start trying. I have heard that coming off the pill can take up to 1 yr before things get back to normal.  I was fine while I was on the pill though. I had no side effects of any kind and I lost weight! So I'm still contemplative on what I will be taking in the future.
I'm sorry I came off of the pill in April 2007
Hi all,
Its been six weeks since stopping yasmin and I just got my real period (yay!). All the symptoms I had in my previous post have disappeared now, and so far my skin has remained okay as well. For those experiencing the whacky symptoms, just hang in there, it probably took about four weeks for them to start to go away. I really think that exercising helped me, but I have PCOS, so exercise helps regulate hormones for that anyways.
Hi all...
PLEASE HELP....i need ur advice!!its so gud2see people are going through similar side effects from the pill but im still worried sick that im pregnant:(...
Im 20...iv been on tha pill 4years now with a break of a few months last year!iv been taking yasmin and came off it in november...i had a short withdrawel bleed(1day) but nothing since!im now 2weeks late and im really stressing....
Im always feeling sick(especially in the morning and night or after i eat), im constantly bloated with a big tummy(normally skinny)and very uncomfortable feeling, dizzy@times and jus very upset about it all....
Im 2scared 2do a pregnacy test!!i dont see how i cud be as i took da pill 4 2months straight(never 4got any pills)....

Are these just side effects or does any1have any advice??...this is horrible:( xx
I too was on Yasmin for over 6 years... I'm 27 now and stopped taking Yasmin on Nov 9th, had a normal flow and did not resume taking the pill.

It's now December 18th and still no period.  I called my Gyno and I'm going in for an appointment on the 27th... they are going to check me out, draw some blood for hormones and the whole shin-dig.

I hope I'm ok.
Katy, It's unlikely that you're pregnant just coming off the pill, but you should get a test to rule it out.  The bloating, uncomfortable feeling all sound familiar to me.  It eases up after a week or so.  Your emotions are probably all over the place.  Other people on this site say it does get better.  I've still got these symptoms plus spotting that never ends.  Hopefully all will improve when my period finally comes.  Any health care workers who read this forum should help raise awareness about the side effects of coming off the pill, as it's been a very stressful experience, especially since the doctors and nurses I've been to in the past few weeks haven't given me straight answers.
I just stopped Yaz (Yasmin's newest version) 6 weeks ago and have been trying to get pregnant. However, I am not pregnant yet, but have had terrible symptoms from stopping the pill. Was on it for 4 years, but pill for over 15 years. Have had daily headache, nausea, abdominal cramping, fatigue, bloated huge belly. Feel overall bad. My first period was very light, spotty. I will never go on that med. I also had constant UTIs on birth control.
I just started using Yaz, ive had some difficulties..idk if its the pills are not....can someone tell me? these are the problems...

headaches
stomach aches
coughs that makes me want to throw up
muscle aches (shoulders,legs)
abdomical cramping
whiteheads on my nose n face
pimples on my chin
weird taste in my mouth (dried mouth)
itchy legs, arms and thighs here and there!
and this list goes on!

can someone tell me if those are the side effects? i sure didnt have this before i took the pills/// or maybe im just too paranoid??
i have been off yasmin for a month now. i notice that i'm depressed, breaking out and anxious. i thought some of this had to do with the cold weather and holidays...but now i'm not so sure...
I believe my experiences are very similar to everyone on the site, I noticed Vaginal Dryness, bloating, headaches, dizzyness, alot of unexplained charlie horses, loss of sex drive, nausea, extreme fatigue, grogginess,breast tenderness, weight gain, edema some of the symptoms were together but a lot started happening recently. Also the fatigue and headaches I just attributed to stress and lack of sleep but now that I am reading the information on this site, I truly believe it is a side effect of Yasmine. When I first started Yasmin I had little or no side effects but I have been on them for over 3 years and the last year and half I am showing a dramatic increase in symptoms and like a dummy just pieced it all together. I have made a decision to get off Birth control completely and will do a cleanse to get rid of the excess medicine in my body.

I am 29 and I have been taking Yasmin for 5 years. I'll have to admit, it was the best BC pill I have taken. It worked for me because I had the horrible horrible cramps and heavy periods. Yasmin helped with both and made me very regular. BUT- low to no sex drive. I noticed a year into dating my husband. The first year, my sex drive was fine, then I got back on BC, and there ya go. I didn't realize it could be Yasmin until I found these forums a few months ago. It became a huge problem in my relationship with my husband.  I finally quit Yasmin about 3 weeks ago, my last week was before Christmas 2007. So far no side effects! Hope it stays that way.  The only thing that may be different is I am not sleeping well. I have always been a great sleeper, never had any problems, but I don't want to say it's Yasmin. You don't really know?  As far as everybody saying there's weight gain- You would think that wouldn't be an issue because you are having more sex :)~
I was just prescribed Jasmine, now I don't know if i should be taking it or not after hearing about all these side effects.  I don't want to come out pregnant but at the same time I don't want any long term side effects.
I have been reading the comments posted on this page and was wondering if anyone has had an experience like mine.  I had been on Yasmin since my son was born in 2004 - about 3 1/2 years now.  I stopped taking the pill this past May as I was having the same side effects some of you have mentioned (lack of sex drive etc.)  In August my husband and I decided that we wanted to try for another child.  Since coming off the pill, i had pretty regular periods until December.  Then all of a sudden I started getting my period every two weeks and have been breaking out with acne.  We are still not pregnent.  I don't know what else to do.  My gyno says there are no side effects coming off the pill and I have heard people say that it may take upwards of a year to get your body back to normal.  Has anyone else had a similar experience?
Wow! After reading what everyone had to say....I feel like I'm no longer alone.  I have been on Yasmin for about four years.  I thought everything was dandy until I started spotting everytime I had sex and for weeks.  So in March of 07' I went off the pill.  For the first two weeks I felt great.  I lost 5 lbs. my energy was back...my sex drive was great...and my face was clear the whole time.  Three months.....and it all went to hell.  My face broke out like none other....and all of a sudden I had horrible acne on my chest(I've never had acne on my cheast...and I'm 27!)
So going months with acne and not wanting to show my face to the public....I forced myself to go back on the pill.  So I started Yasmin two months ago...AGAIN...and my acne is all gone...even on my chest....I've gained 7 lbs. but my sex drive is "0" and my moods are depressing...but atleast I have no acne.....help me....what is going on with my body.  Why can't I just be normal.  Also my nipples are really sore...and I'm pretty sure I'm not pregnant....so whats going on with me?
I'm so pleased I found this site. I've been on Yasmin for 5 years and came off it 8 months ago. For 5 months I didn't have a single period, although they seem to be alsmost back to normal now. I have also broken out it horrible acne on my face, neck and back, which is really depressing at 26! My doctor has given me antibiotics, but i'm concerned about putting more rubbish into my system and so haven't taken them yet. I really hope my body sorts itself out soon. After reading all the comments posted I  finally reaslise why my sex drive was so low for so long and why it is finally on the increase again. I thought I was just abnormally uninterested and felt sorry for my boyfriend! I also occasionally experienced heart palpitations, which are again lessening now I am off Yasmin. There is no chance of me going back on this pill.
I can't believe it.  I have finally found some of the issues going on with me.  I went on Yaz and then Yazmin a year and 1/2 ago to regulate some periods and such.  Ob/gyn said this would help and also put me on Zoloft to help with PMS issues.  My husband got snipped in July and I wanted to be off the BC.  I went off in Sept. and started gaining weight...within 2 1/2 months I had gained 20 lbs!!!  I have a decreased appetite, ache issues, bloating, panic attacs (the first in my life), swelling water retention and raised blood pressure.  My heart pounds and also experience dizziness and ringing in my ears.  I also have experienced depression and unusual moodiness.  Talked to the doctor and did all kinds of blood work..all negative except very high cholesterol.  (odd, because I have a small figure...USUALLY, and exercise, run and eat well)  Then, did some research and found out that that is sometimes a symptom of low estrogen.  We were kind of theorizing that maybe the estrogen levels just bottomed out after the BC and raised all those issues.  It has been 4 months now and no amount of exercise or diet (lack of appetite anyway) has been able to touch the issues.  The breast tenderness and migranes have gone away for now.  Plan to see an OB/GYN...AGAIN(!!!) for these issues.   Hope this promts you to do the same...hang in there, you are not alone!  
I can't believe it.  I have finally found some of the issues going on with me.  I went on Yaz and then Yazmin a year and 1/2 ago to regulate some periods and such.  Ob/gyn said this would help and also put me on Zoloft to help with PMS issues.  My husband got snipped in July and I wanted to be off the BC.  I went off in Sept. and started gaining weight...within 2 1/2 months I had gained 20 lbs!!!  I have a decreased appetite, acne issues, bloating, panic attacs (the first in my life), swelling water retention and raised blood pressure.  My heart pounds and also experience dizziness and ringing in my ears.  I also have experienced depression and unusual moodiness.  Talked to the doctor and did all kinds of blood work..all negative except very high cholesterol.  (odd, because I have a small figure...USUALLY, and exercise, run and eat well)  Then, did some research and found out that that is sometimes a symptom of low estrogen.  We were kind of theorizing that maybe the estrogen levels just bottomed out after the BC and raised all those issues.  It has been 4 months now and no amount of exercise or diet (lack of appetite anyway) has been able to touch the issues.  The breast tenderness and migranes have gone away for now.  Plan to see an OB/GYN...AGAIN(!!!) for these issues.   Hope this promts you to do the same...hang in there, you are not alone!  
i started the yasmin pills a couple of months ago. I skipped my placebo pills and took my active pills instead. For some reason i have   blood clots. Is it normal for that to happen?
M29
Hi all...I stopped Yasmin in June 07.  I had been on it for 5 years, and other BC pills ofr 3 prior to that.

my periods have been either a week to 2 late, or a week early, reeealy heavy and painful, or extremely light.  One period lasted 15 days!!!  Now I am 4 weeks late and NOT pregnant.  I'm just to blah about the whole thing and SO READY to have a normal cycle again!  My hubby and I would like to start trying for children in August and I am so scared I will not be ovulating by then.....  :(

Thanks for reading, and for sharing all of your stories, it really helps to have such a good "support system"!

:) Best of luck ladies,
M
I just stopped Yasmin 2 days ago after being on it for about 2 and a half years.  I definitely have the cramping and some pain near my heart (palpitations probably, as others suggest).  
I am reverting to a whole different approach to birth control and for getting pregnant in the future.  The method is called FAM (fertility awareness method) and is described and outlined in this great book I totally recommend: "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" by Toni Weschler.  My friend recommended it to me - check it out on amazon.com.  It is such an educational book and allows us all the opportunity to opt out of putting hormones into our systems.  I am excited to be off the pill, hopefully for good!
i have been on yasmin 4 about 6 months and i have 2 kids and i have been off and on the pill  for about 2 years and just started 6 months ago. i have had side affects like i miss 2 pill and take them the next day and nothing seems to be rong with me but like 2 weeks ago i had my pd and started a new pk of birthcontrol pills on sunday of 2 week ago i have 1 mor wk intell i go to my white pills witch help me start my pd the only problem is i have been bleeding 4 about 2. 1/2 weeks now and i have had clots and verry bad stoamch panes and i have took 2 pregnut teat and im not and i have been on these pill be 4 and i have had kids i was on the pill 2 years ago and got bk on them a year later and bk off them again and now i have a 5 month old and im bk on them again and now i have notsed that i am bleeding i am not spostobe this is never happend 2 me if this is happend to any one please write to me and tell me what your doctor said or what i should do if there is a doctor that reads this please write me back thank you .......
I just stopped useing yasmin about a month ago and i've been having this really wierd yellowish discharge that smells funny and it smells even WORSE when i have sex which is really not good and i was wondering if anybody else had this symptom? I talked to my sister and she thinks its just my bodies way of getting back to normal but i dont know... i also have been eating ALOT more, it seems like i cant get full i weigh 120 so i'm not too worried about gaining a couple pounds since i work out alot. I've also had bad cramps for about 2 weeks now, but i have npot got my period yet!
If anybody had the same discharge symptom or knows what could help me PLEASE PLEASE write me back

Thank you....
I have been using Yasmin for the past 2 years. My only side effects were increased breast size (from a small B to a big B, almost C!...but now they are back to a small B due to diet and exercise/10 lbs weight loss. darnit!) and possible lowered sex drive which started about a year after taking them (although this could be due to losing interest in my boyfriend of 2 years...also I was a virgin when I started BC and sexual experience no doubt fulfilled my sexual desires). Before I started exercising, I had gained a few pounds but that was the result of being a college freshman on an all-you-can-eat buffet style meal plan! So no weight gain from the pill itself.

I am wondering if I should go off them though since me and my boyfriend of 2 years broke up a couple weeks ago and I don't anticipate having sex anytime soon (but you never know). I read It's not good to go off BC unless you will not go back on them for a long time if ever. So if there is even a tiny possiblility that I will want to take them again after a matter of months then I should just keep taking them don't you think? And these comments about the horrible side effects of going OFF the pill are scaring me to death! (although I know all women are different) And I read somewhere that If you dont have any major negative side effects while on the pill, you may have a higher chance of side effects when you go off the pill instead! :(  
Hi I was on and off yasmin for a couple of months. Before that I was on Mynygon before yasmin i stopped taking it because i gained about 20 lbs when i started on yasmin it was fine until i started having breathing problems so i stopped. i went back on it but my breathing was greatly affected so i am now off it for good. however since i stopped my period is really irregular. for almost 4 months i had no period. my doctor said i may need to go back on BC to regularize my period i dont want to. My period finally came and lasted for the usual 5 days now i have been waiting on it for almost 2 weeks now. i am due at my gyno so hopefully she can offer more insight. I hate BC they are not that good for you.
I have been on Yasmin to control my periods since I was 16. I thought it was great for a while. Suffer from dryness, low sex drive but I think I'd have these with most BC pills anyway. I have been considering coming off it after this pack. Over the past year, my boobs have become enormous, am now a 32 D(sometimes DD).Not such a great thing as some might think!!Don't think I have put on much weight on this pill(same dress size as I was before) however I don't have a big appetite, eat healthily and exercise often yet no amount of exercise or dieting will shift any weight. I drink a lot of water and have basically tried everything but no results. I thought that by stopping the pill I'd find it easier to drop a few bra sizes but having read other experiences, would I be better off staying on it?? have a bit of an issue with my weight and really wouldn't cope with gaining weight, also have heard rumours about people losing their hair from it which terrifies me!
Hi all my doctor has consider Yasmin mainly to control my cyst and period pains as i started jus this month (Jan) and the side effects that i have i almost consider myself pregnant but took a test and the result was negative. my breast are so tender and lil bigger that i cant even touch them make it worst for a bra, i have pain like my period wanting to come but nothing when i visit the restroom, bloating, nausea, weakness and tiredness, diarrhea off and on but no period for this month so far. i'm a bit worried (like i ever been for a period), but i'm very scared eventhough i barely have sex. i dont know what to do... anyone care to help me????
I have been on yasmin for about a year and a half. I went on a vacation about a month ago and forgot to refill my prescription so i had to go without it. When i got back i got a refill but was told not to start another cycle until i had another period. It has been about 5-6 weeks now and still no sign of a period. I thought i was getting my period a couple weeks ago (because i bled during sex) but it was only a one night thing and i still have not had my period. Is that normal? My boyfriend and I have used condoms all but one time since my prescription ran out so i doubt i am pregnant... but i am a little worried. Any help would be appreciated!
I am 39 and was seriously considering going off Yasmin for good because of my age and to give my body a break as I've been on BCP for the past 8 years. The thing is, I've NEVER experienced any ill side-effects. I just love Yasmin and it's become part of my life. After reading all these comments I can't wait to leave my office and buy another pack to start tomorrow! I've managed to chicken out on the last day. I'm too scared of any side-effects after stopping it.
I stopped my yasmin two weeks ago after using it for 6 years. I'm glad i found this website.  I have extreme bloating, gained 6 pounds that I'm hoping is all water weight, severe soreness on my nipples and holy moly my sex drive kicked in.  Odd just woke up one morning and it was all i could think about all day.  My main concern is this weight gain and water weight.  I keep driniking tons of water hoping to clear it up. Does anyone think that becuase Yasmin contains a diuretic that our bodies maybe need to adjust to not having that diuretic?  I hope so.  I read that a few poeple said it would clear up after you get your first period - is this true?  Anyone else have the same experiece?

I was thinking of going back on yasmin after this month - my doctor called it a "pill holiday" but after realising that a lot of my symptoms headache, depression, aniety etc. might be caused by Yazmin - does anyone have any suggested on a new pill?
I've recently come off the pill mycrogynon because i couldn’t loose any weight and my appetite was huge...ive been off it for about a month now and i have noticed a huge decrease in my appetite and have lost weight!...i now want to go back onto the pill as i am in a relationship now and i have read that yasmin does not effect your appetite...is this correct? i would also like to know any other side effect of starting on yasmine?
Wow. Lots of horror stories!! I was only on Yasmin for 5 months. I tried 4 different BC's in the past year and a half... all with the same story. I'd be fine for the first three months and start thinking I'd found one that worked for me. Then, in the 4th or 5th month I'd started getting spotting (which is very irregular for me) and with some I'd even get major breakthrough bleeding.
My husband and I finally decided my body was saying it wanted to be pregnant so now we're trying. I went off in January and we used condoms for the first month just to give my body a little time to adjust. My first period was 6 days late but other than that I didn't notice a whole lot. February 29 we started really trying. Now in the second month of being off, my sex drive is back to the way it should be but I have gained some weight. I've also noticed the stomach flutterings. I was starting to think I was pregnant because I've had changes in what I want to eat, lower back pain, some dizziness, and a couple bouts of queeziness. Too soon to take a test. But now that I've read all these side effects of going off I'm not so sure I am pregnant! I know it's really early and we haven't been trying long, but I'm 25, healthy and we've been going at it like rabbits ;)
I hope I am!! There haven't been any other postings of people getting pregnant right away though. I'll have to post again if I am.
Good luck to everyone else!
Hello Girls,
I was on yasmin for about two years and i stopped taking them last aug 2007 i have been getting spots in my forehead and now 2008 been getting them in my back as well. I got few panics attacks and been feeling down at times. Also been getting insomnia at night times but not everyday just maybe once a week etc. How long does it take for your body to re- adjust to normal? it can be upsetting to have all this symptoms. Thanks!
I was on Yasmin for over a year. I just stopped taking them about 3 weeks ago. I have had lots of cramping, bloating, no period (it's now about 2 weeks late) increasing headaches and fatigues (which I thought would be gone by now) and I have been so nauseous the past two days! I have a lot of gas too, like some of the other posters have said. Anyone have updates on when all of this will go away and I will get my period?
I stopped taking Yasmin 3 months ago because my husband and I would like to start a family in a year or so.  The last 90 days have been HORRIBLE!  I have major bloating and have gained at least 5 pounds.  The worst is a terrible case of acne that I can't control.  I am starting to get cystic acne on my face (around my hairline, ears and chin) and my back and shoulders are even worse!  I have NEVER had acne before...even in my teen years (I'm 29 which makes this all the more depressing!!!).  I really want to give up, refill my prescription and get back on the Yasmin train but I guess I'll have to suck it up if I ever want to get pregnant.  Has anyone stuck it out and regained their pre-quitting BC bodies?  ARGGHHH!!!  P.S.  At least I know I'm not the only one going through this craziness!  Thanks for the posts!!!
I also stopped taking Yaz 3 months ago. Same symptoms as jessb79: acne, bloating, weight gain in my mid section (I look a few months pregnant, all my pants are tight), and definetely an increase sex drive! I still have not gotten my period and I am not pregnant. I did not expect this coming off the pill, but after reading all your comments, I know that most of my symptoms are typical. Did anyone else have a delay in getting their period? I am starting to get worried.  Thanks.
I have the same symptoms as the last two posters (and many others on this board) and it is just great to know I am not alone! I posted a few days ago about my symptoms. The nausea is finally subsiding, but in its place is bloating, all my pants are tight around the middle, and acne especially around my ears/hairline (so random, i didn't know you could break out there??) and around my chin. I still don't have my period either and I don't know if I can wait as long as some of you to get it! It's already been 6 weeks since my last period (3 weeks since I stopped Yasmin) and it's making me crazy!