acidophilus

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

acidophilus

Keep having uti or yeast infection,dr told me to eat yougurt but milk products dont like me,,so she said take acidophilus because im on antibotic (antibiotic)....is it safe.im also on xanx prozac,wellbutrin.estrotest,i know its in yougut so it must be safe but ust a bit worried
Don't worry.  It is very safe.  I take it every day.  All it does is help replace and boost the "good" bacteria in your body that is depleted or weakened by illness.  You already have this in your body to begin with, so you are just adding a little more.  Good Luck!
acidophilus is safe with those and works great to prevent yeast infection. all acidphilus does is replace the friendly bactreia in the intestines to help your immune systen and fight infections like yeast
Avatar n tn
The acidophilus will be safer than any of the other medications that you are on.

It's likely that the reason you have a yeast infection is because you are on antibiotics.  Or are the antibiotics to treat the potential UTI or it could've been thrush in the first place.  When the doctor prescribed the antibiotics for you did he do a swab and take a urine sample for culture.  If you have an UTI then you need to be on the correct antibiotics or that infection can spread to the kidneys.
KTowne So I guess we will not be g... Comment
AnnieBrooke busy, busy, busy Comment
AnnieBrooke commented on Cindy's status
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals