birth control

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

birth control

hi ive been taking microgestin 1/20 for 2 months.. in the first month b4 i finished my my pack of pills my monthly came on.. i just started my secound pack and my monthly last sunday.. and my monthly came bacl on this mornin.. can someone please help me i dont know what to do... should  go the er.. could i be pregant or do i need to stop taking the pills.. thanks in advance
No one knows your body like you do but here is my experience.
I was on the same bc for 6 months before stopping for a month and a half.  I had my period during the time i was off my bc.  
Once I decided to get back on the pills I started my period AGAIN, a very short time later. I just chalked it up to the fact that my body had gotten used to the hormones the bc was putting in body and that my body was just thrown off by the lack of the hormones.
Everything returned to normal after that scary incident and it hasn't happened again.

Best of luck and seek professional help if you feel you need it.
Chances of pregnancy are less in your case and the symptoms can be due to hormonal imbalance.
Hence to confirm the status of pregnancy, I suggest you to test for pregnancy by a highly sensitive pregnancy test 10 days post ovulation with a sensitive ( 20 - 25 mIU ) pregnancy test. Also then I would suggest you to get your serum HCG levels estimated since this is more specific than urine for pregnancy tests.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.