bladder pressure, frequent urination...ovarian symptoms?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Viewing 201-207 comments:
I was looking up similar conditions with UTI's and came across a different thing called IC.  This website might help read it and see if it fits for your symptoms.  www.ichelp.org
IV had an ultrasound done which showed cysts on my overies but all my bloods and urine came back negative for anything endocrinologist says I have pcos but I keep getting pressure on my bladder its so painful and affects me working as im a fitness instructor been trying get answers for 12 months now
I have fibromyalgia, and I have horrible stomach problems.......I have seen  many doctors, had a hysterectomy, and then had my right ovary out. They left my left one in, and I am now going to a urologist. I am bloated A LOT. I have been through the rounds with a gastro doc too...........I am looking for answers, and fibro does hurt every part of your body!!!
    I have also had every symptom your talking about and they did a ct scan on me and found cysts on my ovaries that where pushing on my bladder  i have to go back and have an ultrasound done but i have also had many bladder infections in the past year so i am hoping this is the problem I had an hysterectimy done 1 year ago and they left my ovaries i wished they had went ahead and removed them now. Good Luck ask your doctor about this...
Ladies, I have the same symptoms-- on my second round of antibiotics and the culture came back negative.  One possibility I wonder about is if they tested for all the possible bugs.  Maybe we have one they didn't test for.  Another is the ovarian cyst connection.  I do have a history of these and have made an appointment to see if they are causing the trouble.  

My symptoms are I pee and dribble and nothing comes out sometimes, usually in the evening -- sometimes if I have eaten too much or am otherwise bloated.  When I do pee, I feel this wobbly sensation in my bladder, and five seconds later I feel the need to go again but nothing comes out.  Then all night I am up peeing and being uncomfortable.

In desperation, I ordered a natural product I read about online--  it's called D- Mannose, if you do a web search you can read more about it.  People swear by its effectiveness on UTI problems.  I've been taking it for about five days 3 times a day and I did begin to show improvement on the second day.  

The product i ordered is D- Mannose by NOW, in 500 mg capsules.  I take a does of three capsules three times a day.  In reading about this product, I noticed many people say they take one dose a day as a preventative measure.  Worth a try!  

Good luck all.  
I have been reading this forum today because for the last 4 months after every mentrual cycle I have the same UTI pressure.  My gyn has run blood test and ultra sounds but all came back normal.  In December I rushed to his office because I was passing alot of blood thru my urine and what looked like small pieces of meat.  The gyn sent me to the ER to see a urologist after a 5hrs wait in the ER they sent me home with a diagnosis of kidney stones, they put me on pain meds and flomax but I never passed a stone.  This morning I get up and call the urologist because just like clock work the UTI/Kidney stone symptoms are back along with the blood when I pee, after speaking with the nurse she said my MRI showed 3 small kidney stones in the right kidney and a couple of cyst on my left pelvic area which she said could be on the ovary.  I along with all of you are so frustrated I just want answers.  My question is did any of you pass the blood and the small pieces of what looked to be meat?  Im 41 years old had two c-sections and my tubes have been tied, galbladder removed 13yrs ago other than that Im very healthy and active.
my pelvic hurts so much I cry i get cramps peeing in my adominals I'm not prefnant I just got tested but it came out negative I've been dizzy including in the shower I threw up and get light headed. the pains get sharper nd my pelvic gets a lpt pf pressure :'( tje pains un barable
I am constantly going to the Doctor
I had a Depo Shot a year ago, and ever sence i pee out blood
I havent had a period though in a year, I just recently had 3.
And my third one, I had 2 period in one month????
I also take 60 mg of cymbalta in the evenings.
And I take 10 miligrams of Paxel daily.
My cultures as well come out Negative.
I also, recently first time ever hooked up with someone unprotected & he gave me Trichmonis  Chlomedia I used to take the drug tripple c alot, dmx 30 mg
I think I could have very well messed my body up .... :'[

Sorry TMI i just feel like I am the Only girl out here feeling like ****
OMG o have the same pressure going on. I am 30 yrs old. It wakes me up at night
I've been to a urologist. He is going to do a cystopy if I'm spelling correctly. I had a Cat scan done with contrast on my bladder
I wasn't emptying correctly. I have several uti's on antibiotics.  I'm glad to know I'm not going crazy
I want my life back. I will let u all know how the cystopy turns out on Thursday.
Hi. I have been a victim of all the symptoms of urination like frequent urination, burning sensation,bladder pain and so on. I have tried all kinds of medication for UTI, Interstitial Cystitis,Bladder Infection and many other as prescribed by the doctor including homeopathy. There was never a bacteria detected in any of the urine cultures. Even the cystoscopy was normal. Then I visited the best and most experienced doctor here in Singapore. After going thru the detailed history, He said " that you have no infection and you are perfectly fine. What you have is chronic Pelvic Pain Syndrome. He did trigger point release (putting pressure in the pelvic muscles by finger) and I shouted at the top of my voice. So this was it!! The pelvic muscles were tight,contracted and not relaxed. Then he suggested meditation to relieve any stress (as people contract their pelvic muscles when stressed), yoga poses especially happy baby pose and the book named "A Headache in the Pelvis". Its a MUST READ. Please do buy the book. While I was reading the book, I was also trying to relax through meditation,visiting doctor for trigger point realease (can be done by self also) and doing some stretching exercise. I am almost 85-90% recovered now. I dont feel the symptoms as bad as earlier, just some flare-ups sometime. It will take time to be totally free of all the symptoms as mentioned in the book. But I am hopeful and positive and constantly working towards it. IT WORKS
GOOD LUCK!!
Hey all! GREAT NEWS!!!! There's hope!!!! I had the same issue for 4 years. Pain in my urethra EVERY time I urinated. I would cry sometimes it would hurt so bad.I have been to the gynocologist 3 times due to this and the urologist twice. They all said tests showed no signs of bacteria infection or urinary tract infection, and No STD's. The urologist put a scope up my urethra into my blader(worst pain ever) and found nothing. It cost me $300 cause my insurance didn't cover it. But I was desperate so I had it done.  He told me there was nothing else they could do for me, but take Azo uti pain relief and deal with the pain my the rest of my life since that was the only thing giving me relif. That was Nov 2011. Towards the end of Jan 2012  The pain had gotten worse to where I didn't want to potty at all. The AZO wouldnt work anymore. It felt the worse at the end of me going. Like razor blades were coming out!  So I took it upon myself and bought a $6 Home UTI test by AZO. And guess what?! It came back positive!!!!! I called my reg. doctor and told her and they called in some meds to the pharm. They only cost $12. I've only taken 2 pills out of the six, and the majority of the pain is gone!!!!! I still have a slight sugn of discomfort but nothing compared to what i was feeling. I can still tell my blader isn't back to normal. Still have the urge to go frequently, and my back is still sore where my kidneys are. I'll be taking a home Bactria infection test shortly to make sure that's not the prob. Please take a home UTI test!!!! It's super cheap and totally worth it if you are in the same pain. Good luck all!!!
The same exact thing happens to me. For the last few months it has been after every time I have sex. Did you figure anything out?
I am 38 yrs old, never been pregnant and during the last year I have experienced a lot of UTI's on and off - some bladder pain and very frequent urniation, easily 3 - 4 times per hour and even then, it feels like I am holding it in vor a while before I go. The lab cultures have come back positive for bacteria but when I went to the urologist yesterday, he said that, even though the cultures show bacteria, it does not show any puss in the bladder and that a true UTI will show puss as well. My GP has prescribed various antibiotics such as Avalox (If I remember correctly) and the last time I had Ciprol. The infections do go away but the side-effects of these antibiotics are terrible. I have been taking probiotics daily for probably at least 8 months now, because of all the antibiotics I have been on. At the same time the UTI's started recurring, I also developed cystic acne (which I never had before) and eczema, which I have always had, got a lot worse. I have always been very sensitive to especially caffeine and never drink coffee or Coke, etc. After the bout of Ciprol I had about 2 weeks ago, my bladder was just fine but after being examined internally by the urologist yesterday, I am suffering from abdominal pain and frequent urination again today. Every single time I have sex, it flares up as well. Luckily I am single at the moment but I cannot even imagine how a relationship could survive this - I am too afraid to have sex because I know that the UTI will start again. I would rather go without sex than suffer all of this. My GP has also given me antibiotics for chlamydia just in case - he never tested for it but said that it could be the reason (no other symptoms except bladder pressure, urinary urgency and frequent urination) but seeing as I once again have the same symptoms less than 24hrs after being examined by the urologist, I obviously never had chlamydia coz if I did, the antibiotics the doctor gave me as a precaution would have sorted it out. The urologist did a scan and could not find anything wrong. He prescribed Purbac (apparently it is called Bactrim in the USA) for me to use in case I became sexually active again (one tablet after sex) so that I wouldn't have to come and see him first before I could have sex. I took one last night when I started feeling symptoms after the examination but it is worse today, so obviously no luck in that regard. I will, however, take two a day for 5 - 10 days just to see if it will have an effect. I am travelling abroad in less than 2 weeks and do not want to sit with this kind of hassle!!! I have also felt that I need to wee more when I drink water (even a very small amount) - normal water or carbonated. I also find I go a lot more when I drink flavoured water (I think most of them contain artificial sweeteners) so I am going to try and avoid drinking any kind of water - normal, carbonated or sweetened/flavoured. I generally don't have sugary things and I haven't eaten chocolate since last year, so I don't know what else I can change in my diet, although I do eat a lot of fruit and I read somewhere in this thread that fruit should be avoided. I realize that I could go for more scans, etc. but when I read how much some people have gone through and how many tests just came back with no answers, I really don't think I see chance for all of that. I get so depressed by all of this. I went to the loo 25 mins ago (probably at least my 10th visit since I got to work 7 hours ago) and I already feel like I have been holding it in for hours. :(
I have gone to my doctor about the same symptoms and she has said to take cranberry pills which I now do as they are so much better to take then antibiotics.  Also drink lots of natural Cranberry juice not the fake stuff.  She told me it could be from bubble bath and soaking in it.  I have found that I haven`t had a bladder infection type since I stopped having bubble baths.  I only use baking soda or Epsom salts in my bath.  I hope I helped out a bit for you!
Try different position other then the Missionary position!!!
the dr.s dont help its cystitis most likely , after i went 7 years with probs it turns out its what i have an all the dr. could say is it will continue ...an it does theres alot of woman going thru this and its really sad but mine started after i had my tubes clamped ..all the atibiotics will help supress the syptoms (symptoms) but its life long as i see it im with you on the sexual part an hope for some kind of miracle they fix this situation ..hope you feel better an heal from this as well as the rest of the woman to live normal lives cause i sure dont know what that is at the moment but sure hope to get it resolved soon ..
Wow... I am so surprise by reading all of your stories! I have suffered with this issue now since my high school years. I am now going to be 25 years old and still suffer with this. Almost everyday I feel extreme pressure on my bladder like I have to urinate. Some times I am able to go alot and some times very little to not at all. I had A c-section last year with my second baby and it has gotten even worse since then. I have been using my friend as my "personal pharmacist" Her doctor calls her in antibiotics without even seeing her if she calls by phone and says she has a uti. It's not good to do that because I most likely DO NOT have a uti or bladder infection but I have gotten so fed up with the run around with my doctors sending me home with no meds and no answers.

I am miserable everyday of my life and some times just wish I wouldn't wake up. I know it's so horrible to say that but that's just how miserable I am day to day. My ob-gyn wants me to see a urologist but my mother and grandmother have suffered with the same symptoms as myself and have been to urologist and they found nothing wrong with either of them so they suffer through it and I don't want to wast my time and also have to pay a huge bill for them to tell me they found nothing wrong. It's very frustrating and I just take Uricalm " A medicine that numbs the urinary tract" You can get over the counter <--- I use this pretty much every day to help keep me comfortable. I just wish I had some answers because I really don't want to live like this forever. :/ I wish everyone else luck and hope someone can figure this out because I know your pain and I know how miserable it makes everyday life.
I am going through similar issues. Always have to urinate use to be the problem. Lately I feel like I always have to but when I get there no luck. I feel tremendous pressure before and after the little drops that do come out. Went to the doctors all tests are negative, no kidney stones. One day I couldnt even get up pr walk the back pain was so bad. The following week the pain was in my pelvic area. Why can't these doctors find anything with what seems to be so common? I feel like I can't go anywhere because of the pressure and on certain days the pain. Always after intercourse it is worse. I was told I have no fibroids. IDK what to do. I think I will try this Interstitian cyctitis cure. I do not drink soda at all usually eat healthy, although I do drink turkey hill green tea.If anyone has any answers please post!!!
Thanks.
Vanessa
Today is the first time that I feel tremendous pressure in my blader and when going to the bathroom, it feels as something is going to drop down, then sharper preasure and only few drops come out, and afer getting up, it feels as I need to go again, but nothing is coming out. The preasure is constant, so I came here and see that I am not alone. Where does woman of 54 go without health insurance and unemployed?
I am 19 years old. I have had many UTIs but the only symptoms I've ever had with those were urgency and frequency. I never had the burning. So about a year ago I had these symptoms, thought it was a UTI and took many different antibiotics for it. The urgency and frequency remained after taking all the meds. I was so tired of going to the doctor by then I just tried to ignore it. It has come to the point I cannot ignore it. I go to the bathroom 20+ times a day and wake up so many times at night I am constantly wore out and tired from not getting sleep. It has interupted my life and is so frustrating, sometimes I can't handle it. I cry or freak out because I just want it to stop. It is so irritating. I went back to the dr Janurary and blood tests, urine culture, sonogram all came back normal. I went to a urologist and he put me on versaid. However, the versaid has not worked so far for me. I go back to have a scope in a few weeks. I have a lot of anxiety because I'm freaking myself out with what I might have. Cant they detect cancer through a sonogram? I have no burning or pain urinating. Although, I am in the nursing program and have to do clinicals for 8-12 hr and stand the whole time. Standing for that long makes my lower stomach/lower back hurt. Its like cramping pain and it makes me nauseated until I sit down. That is the only time it's painful. Other than that I have no more symotoms of endo or IC ... They did the sono and didn't find any cysts so I am clueless and irritated.
:(
I am a 35 yo female no children, no history of UTIs. Went to my Primary doctor recently because of a nagging never ending urge to urinate and feeling like I've completely voided when I do. He did a stick urine test and there was trace amounts of blood. He said even though I had no evidence of a UTI that he will prescribe me Cipro and also gave me a referral to a Urologist.

Today was my first appointment with the urologist and when he pressed on the area of my bladder it was tender and hurt a little bit. He wants me to take the cipro that my PC prescribed and come back in a week. If nothing has changed he is ordering a CT scan.

This pressure and feeling of having to urinate is taking over my days. It is extremely annoying. I will update this post after a week or after I do the CT scan if it has to go that far.
  I am a 28 year old female with the same pressure symptoms.I have had a few bladder infections before and always suffer only pressure and constant need to urinate. So when I started feeling those symptoms about 2 weeks ago i assumed it was the same and went to the clinic where they took a urine sample and did a culture or whatever. The urinalysis only showed the elevated whote blood cells and a trace of blood in the urine.I was given a 7 day prescription for cipro.My symptoms seemed to resolve themselves,then 5 days into the medication the pressure and urgency came back which I knew wasnt right as this had never happened before.So I made another appt and they did another urine test and culture this time everything came back completely normal showing no infection.So my doc suggested I go home and take a hot bath as she thought maybe I was experiencing residual bladder spasms from the UTI.Well its now 4 days since then and the pressure is getting worse!I am no longer getting any relief at all from going to the bathroom in fact it almost seems worse after like my bladder is throbbing or something.I would think if these were residual symptoms it would have at gotten somewhat better rather than worse.It is getting to the point where what started as an annoyance is turning into real pain.It feels like my bladder is full and someone is poking me in the stomache.I dont know how im going to continue working like this and i just switched jobs and im currently without insurance so I dont have the money for all these tests!If anyone has any advice or has had the same symptoms and found relief please HELP! No one around me understands how painful it can be to not be able to relieve urinary pressure
Please do let us know what happens.It is so frusturating when people write about having my same symptoms and about what tests they are having but then they never follow up.
I will be following up for sure. I am not happy about being prescribed Cipro medication especially since they do not know what is wrong with me.
Not going to lie I am very scared. I would be less so if it was a determined UTI  (which it not) for obvious reasons because not having a concrete diagnosis leaves the mind to wander a bit.
The nagging pressure (not pain) in my bladder region has not relented even with the Cipro and I am 3 days in on the meds.
The urologist told me I could stop taking Cipro, the urine cultures that were sent off were confirmed as NOT a UTI. I have an appointment now to have a pelvic and transvaginal ultrasound and go from there.

Pain is still not present thank goodness however the pressure and urine frequencies are still there. Wish this would end. It is soooo frustrating,
Got the results from the ultrasound and a very small 1.7cm simple cyst was seen. Doctor has no real explanation for why the urine frequency. At this point it is gone. Just thought I would follow up because so few people do here.. good luck everyone.
Hello.  I can identify with what you are going through... I am relieved that I found this site as I have had what I am calling 2 "attacks" in the last year.  Both times I had at home positive pregnancy tests and a few days latter have an ungoddly "period" that until today I thought were miscarriages.  I am relieved that I have not miscarried and internal ultrasound showed that my lady parts are healthy.  However, I wound up in terrible pain, mostly right lower pelvis and across lower back.  I had a low grade fever of 100 for over 2 weeks (my temp is always up when prego so I thought nothing of it).  Each attack resulted in this constant pressure to urinate and only momentary relief when urinating.  Both times my urine has been clean.  Both times terrible vaginal pain.  The first time I had a pap done and cultures taken and it came back clean and normal despite my cervix looking enflamed and spongy. The first time I was put on CIPRO because I had an absess (abscess) on my abdomen.  The CIPRO fixed everything and I felt like me again.  The second time I went to the emergency room and had internal ultrasound done.  All was normal with my lady parts.  However they noticed then that despite the fact that I had just urinated, my bladder was full.  The hospital that I went to (FOX in Oneonta is full of idiots).  I found out 2 weeks later that my ultrasound actually showed that I was NEVER pregnant and that I was not miscarrying.  And my HCG was 3 (not prego), not a level 3 (prego).  This was not shown or explained and when they saw this they did not look further to determine what was going on.  My regular doc went over everything with me today and read the report.  So now I have to continue to wait to see a urologist and a GI specialist.  We are looking into Diverticulitis, appendicitis and kidney or bladder issues.  I have been throwing up a lot over the last 2 months and dealing with a lot of nausea and right before the attack I had a week of constipation and that is never a problem.  I would be curious to know what blood type everyone is with these problems.  I am O blood type.  There are health issues that are common according to blood type and are influenced tremendously by diet.  I have GERD and an overproduction of stomach acid but have never had vomiting like this.   Intersticial Cytitis has been suggested to me but rulled out as Cipro made it better.  Also is the abdominal pain across or primarily on one side?   I am convinced that we are looking at an infection somewhere and tempted to blame my appendix.  Those of you with these problems, do you have you appendix still???
i have been diagnose with ovarian cysts and the gynecologist ask me to go for surgery but when i ask to be educated more about ovarian cysts she ask me to wait and have another scan in three months time and see what the result will be is it okay to wait or i should go ahead for the surgery for the cysts to be removed please i need your help give me advice since you know more about ovarian cysts thank you
I have been experiencing the same thing for a month or two now. Especially at night when I lay down. I have to get up numerous times during the night because I can't sleep with the pressure on my bladder. I feel bloated all the time, like I have a baloon inside which is pushing on my bladder and pushing out my stomach. I have no pain like you would expect in an infection. I have noticed that if I lay on my back the pressure is some better at night. It also seems to get worse after I eat but that only makes sense if I have something pushing on my bladder. It is very depressing with no answers. The Dr. didn't order tests, just said to sit on the toilet longer to make sure I fully empty my bladder. UGGG!!!
OMG so glad I found this site, I am 51 three grown kids  have been having frequent urination for quite some time now but just chalked it up to having big babies and being overwieght. just recently it feels like I have to pee most of the time and like I have a pressure at the bottom of my bladder, I also have frequent loose (not diariah) stools maybe 4 or 5 a day sometimes, does anyone else have this? been tested twice for UTI no UTI but trace amount of blood in urine, went to a different doctor (mine were gone) and she has ordered a pelvic sonogram to look for Ovarian cancer, she scared the crap out of me!! now I see it could maybe be other things, anyone with similar story please let me know, thanks
What your saying is exactly what is happening to me! I'm only 15 and it has been happening for a couple of months. Last night my last drink was at 7pm and I had to go to the toilet 11 times with this urge to pee. I'm staying home from school today because I am soooo tired. I find that I lay there on my back, and it is worse when I am on my side, and I have to get up to pee pretty much every 15 minutes. I have had no blood or discoloration in the urine and I dont really have any pain, just a dull pain towards my left side.
I am having lower abdominal pain (girgling, gas, swelling, distention, lower back pain), pressure that feels like it is pressing down on my vaginal wall as well as the anal area.Just weird feeling in that area. I am older & was diagnoised with FMS, IBS,Hypo-Thyroidism back in the mid 90's. It took a long time but I did find an alternative, general MD & I did get better. I have 2 grown men delivered by OB/GYNs the LaMaze way. I still have my ovaries & my uterus but falopian tubes were tied off. Went to my Gyn last week.she said everything seemed to be okay except for some vaginal thinning. Paps & Mam came back okay. Went to surgeon/MD Friday, he scheduled a colonoscopy & after all that stuff you do to prep, he claimed after starting he quit because of so much curviness in the colon, etc. Had a ct scan 2 hrs. later & they did find a cyst (small) on my right kidney. Not probably what's causing all this pain, etc. For a few days I tried to be very careful about what I drank & ate just to see if it helped. Did a little but not enough. Went back to surgeon/MD and because I seemed sencere he offered me Neurotin. Since I had him fix two hernious, one on lower left & one on lower right, and a tubligation yrs ago...he says it could be scar tissue and/or adhesions. Bo Ho!!!!!!!!!!Not what I really wanted to hear. It's all in your head more or less. Just like before in the 90's! Now, I am looking at Celiac diet, Fobmap diet, perhaps, parasites (had before) as well as Candida Yeast (I did have that before also), and there are a few others to investigate. So I do feel like all of you trying to figure this out. These Drs. would never contend with this much pain or discomfort. It is better when lying down after taking meds. I will keep looking for another dr. also...I found one before & maybe it will take a naturopathic dr. I just don't know but I do hope to figure it out even if it is on my own. I have been messing with this for over a month & this is ridicululous. My Mother believes me & now my husband is starting to believe me also. This has recked havoc in my life & I am very tired of putting up with it. It is preventing from working & just living my life. It has made me think I am dying or have cancer once again. I hope we all can figure out some reason(s) why this is happening to us. Take care, T
Feeling pressure for 3 wks. now. Initally felt like a uti after uricalm organic cranberry and enough the lemon juice to give me some serious reflux. I knew it could not be that. I called my Dr. and he prescribed Bacrtim. After a few days no relief, I figured it must be kidney stones. Again with the cran and lemon. The discomfort turned into pain. I went to the er where they said they found no blood in the urine(not stones) and no elevated wht. bl. cell ct.(no infection) sent me on my way. For four days I was in agony waiting unil my gyn. to fit me into her schedule. She gave me Vesicare and said it was bladder spasms(I am not buying that BS)and called in a script for Elmiron(which I am not taking) and referred me to a urologist. No relief...infact there was so much pain that I could not sit. I went to the ER again they did a ct and drew blood,again nothing. They told me to persue an appt. w/ Urologist(duh) and gave me Pyridium which thank god relived the symptoms of whatever this is. Atleast I can be comfortable until my appointment with the Urologist. I hope everyone gets the answers they seek be persistant be aggressive this is your body, don't settle!
My daughter was diagnosed with IC. She is only 21 but has had these problems since she was young. The doctors never took her seriously because they all felt she was too young to have those problems. They kept looking at her stomach because of the pain involved with IC.  Many foods will trigger IC flare ups. Especially anything acidic. She has to stay away from fruits and juices and tomatoe sauces. Her diet is very bland and that seems to help. Also caffeine wil instantly start a flare up. She is on the same medicine as your daughter and also another.  The specialist has talked to her about disability because she has very painful flare ups approximately three times a week. It is a day to day struggle. Most people don't understand because this is a chronic condidtion and like you said there isn't a cure.  My thoughts are with your family as you all learn to live with this terrible condition.
was like this 20 years ago doctor told me to take an antibiotic everytime I was intimate thinking I infected easily, I kept getting diagnosed at hospital the emergency with bladder infections and given pills cause my urine looked like it had blood in it.  Eventually my urine was full of blood.  This was the onset of all the pain which never stopped from this point on.  I was eventually diagnosed with interstitial cystitis.  I live my life around the washroom and have had two children.
it sounds like interstitial cystitis see a doctor and persist there is no cure but at least you'll have peace of mind, I live like that everyday.
I too have these same symptoms. Had cysto- all normal, CT of kidneys- all normal. He put me on Vesicare. Nothing is working. I have cysts on both ovaries and feel swollen and also look pregnant! He thinks now diverticuli. He cannot see it but with a vaginal check and when he pushed up into my vagina - he could feel a mass of something and it was very tender. I feel the strong urge to pee really bad and go about 6 ounces. In the morning when I get up, I go about 20 and that is immediately when I get up. I am not sure if the ovaries are the problem causing this pressure - but everything they check it turns out normal. I don't feel normal and I am only 50.
Hello! My name is Bethany. I have endometriosis. Since december, my following symptoms have become worse: intense pelvic pain & pressure, frequency & urgency to urinate, many bathrooms breaks (esp at night) with only 1-2 tblsp of urine, bloating, decreased appetite, feeling full quickly and extreme fatigue. Some of these symptoms are NOT caused by endo. I will be going to the urologist in May. I also need to schedule either another laparoscopy or a hysterectomy for my endometriosis as it grew back. Hopefully my symptoms are something treatable and will go away! (Unlike endo where there is no cure) best wishes ladies! Keep us posted!
I have had frequent urination for the past 5 years (ever since my daughter was born). I have had UTIs in the past, very uncommon with me and never long lasting. I rarely have pain when urinating..maybe a half dozen times a year, but do have a dull pain whenever I orgasm. I waited so long to finally talk to my doctor about it because I accepted it as something I will have to live with. It's gotten much worse recently, it's the most frustrating thing to live with. I go to the washroom approx 40 - 60 times a day and 4 - 8 times a night, each time is a normal pee. I went for an ultra sound of the uterus, kidney, colon and bladder today and also a blood test. I should get my results from my doctor in 2 - 4 days. The ultrasound technician was not able to give me any results but did mention that my bladder not even 10% full when I asked him if I could please go use the washroom as I was feeling extreme pressure. My doctor is great and assured me we will get to the bottom of it. I will keep everyone posted on my results.
Hi...how did test go? I too am having bladder
Pressure and urgency. Nobody seems to know
What's wrong.
I noticed that you wrote that you had white paste on underwear.  I too have that, but before that I had chronic yeast infections which I think is the culprit.  I'm thinking the white paste is the yeast.

I also have pressure and discomfort if I don't pee. I also get nausea from time to time.  I'm wondering if this pain is from yeast (candida overgrowth).  I'm going to try to eliminate sugars and do a veggie juice cleanse to heal my body instead of getting more weird medicines from doctors.  
Does anyone have low back pain?  I have this weird nerve issue with my low back.  It hurts to even touch it. I've had that ever since I remember.  I'm wondering if this is creating a nerve issue for my pelvic region.  I found other websites with people complaining of sciatic and vulvadynia and IC pain and people thought they were all related.
I am in my 50's, menopaused and had hysterectomy 2 years ago. I have bladder pressure and quite frequent urination. Had 3 urine tests thst were neg past 3 months and on 2nd round of antibiotics. I found relief from going to herbal store where they mix up different herbs to make tea 4 cups per day. It seems that my pressure comes during my cycle. I am bloated too and I a, starting to see a pattern.  It seems hormone related. My gyne just put me on bioidentical estrogen  cream for down there to strengthen it and we are going from there. I am also making a diary and am avoiding food that would irritate bladder. I will wait and see and keep you posted
Had the same problems with frequent urination and pressure on the stomach many years ago. The problem was that my urethra needed stretching as my bladder wasn't emptying fully ,sometimes  leading to infections, after day surgery and a couple of days of feeling slightly sore the problem was resolved. Unfortunately the problems back and I've been told by the doctor that I will need the op again. In the meantime I have found that when you are on the toilet and feel that you cannot urinate anymore bend the top half of your body towards your knees and more often than not you will pass more urine, leading to an emptier bladder, thus relieving the pressure ,and  leading to less infections. Hope this helps.
Oh my gosh I have those same symptoms can they only find this with exploritry surgery. As I've always opted out of surgery but this is not fun
I have what feels like the urge to push when I urinate and blood in the toilet and when I wipe and mind you I have not had a period in 15 years, any ideas
I'm having blood in my urine to I'm 45 yrs old and had my tubes tied 17 yrs ago when I pee I fell like a pressure in my bladder if I stop my flow so I don't fell the pressure I don't empty all the way but I don't bleed haven't seen a doctor don't like them just dealing with it    god bless all of these women and good luck
hello ladies, I just recently started feeling the same symptoms of frequent urination and the feeling of pressure.  went to the dr and prescribe anti biotics now just waiting for lab results.  It just came all of a sudden and I hate this feeling.  I am 21 yrs old and missed 2 days of school.  Not sure if this has also anything to do with me having an endoscopy a month ago for my acid build up/biopsy although everything came back normal.  Any help would help. :)
Viewing 201-207 comments: