bleeding after bowel movement
I had just had a bowel movement; upon getting up from the stool there was quite a large amount of bright red blood.  Do I need immediate attention?
Bright red blood during a bowel movement is usually due to hemorroids or an anal fissure.
I understand your concern about the bleeding. I to have bleed after bowel movements. I went to my doctor, and had a colonoscopy done to find that I have divertulosis/diverticulitis. This is a serious condition. You should go see your doctor and ask to have a colonoscopy done, just to see if anything is wrong. I hope you find an answer.
I agree with Dolly wholeheartedly. Blood in stool is NEVER normal. Husband also had this happen and was also diagnosed with Diverticulitis after many tests and colonoscopy. See a Gastrointerologist as soon as possible. If it were a hemeroid, you should feel some discomfort is located. The blood would be confined to tissue paper and only on the outside of the stool. If it is intertwined in the stool (a part of the stool) then it is coming from something internal. Not to be gross but just trying to help you understand what I mean. See your G.P. and get a referral to a specialist. Much luck!
I have hemorrhoids during pregnancy last year which lasted until now. For almost 5 months I really feel pain which is  an after effect every time I have moved my bowel either constipated or not. Is this normal for a trombosed hemorrhoids?