boils or ingrown hair?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

boils or ingrown hair?

I have 8 black bumps in my genital area, like in the crease wear my panties lay and it is really painful. I have one specific on my inner thigh in the panty crease, and at first it was just a red bump and now it is black and scaly it has a hole in the center like it "popped" already on its own. It hurts to walk and sit even just to stand.  It's gotten to the point that I have a hard time wearing anything below the waist.  Even to touch it makes me scream in pain. I don't know what it is but I do know that it started out as the one on my inner thigh and now has become 8 of them and the inner thigh one is the biggest and the most painful.  What should I do???
i had that before, i was told it was an inflammed infection, over grown boil. antibiotics worked, and sitting alot. good luck!
hey maggie007 thank you for the luck i need it my husband took me the emergency roon last night and i found out that they are ingrown hairs they happen when you use the same razor for legs and all they told me to get rid of the problem buy diposable razors(which i have now for this*whew*) and use them once then throw them away.  I am embarassed about it but im glad i know what it is....the only thing though is that ive never had more than 1 ingrown hair at a time.  im concerned and thinking the same thing you are ....boils....btw do you have a good remedy for migraines? I have one for like 10 days now its driving me insane....Thanks again!
i have gotten migraines most of my life, if it is so bad that you can't get out of bed go to the doctors there is a shot they can give you... the best thing i did for myself was pressure therapy. a firend is a massage and herbal therapist when i lost my insurance i gave it a shot. i was getting head achs everyday ranging from minor to migraine and now i maybe get one once a week. there are pressure points on the back of your head your husband could even do it for you if you don't want to go to someone there are a lot of good massage books. it will hurt at first but holding the pressure and focusing on your breathing will help. it wont magically take it away but it will faster and over time you should get them less.