brown discharge instead of period

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

brown discharge instead of period

I had my last period on 19thApril.This month dark brownish discharge started about 21-22nd instead of my period.It is very light I mean discharge is about 1 or 2 times a day only. I had unprotected sex  from 10th of this month and didn't have sex upto that day from past 3 months.can anyone plz tell me what might be the reason for the brownish discharge as this is the 1st time I had this type of problem.
Do you know if you ovulated around the time you had sex? You coukd be experencing implantation spotting/bleeding or it could be break through bleeding. Brown spotting is sometimes old blood I'm not sure. If you miss your period I suggest a hpt. I'm not sure what the brown dicharge is bc I'm not a dr. but if you are very worried about have a visit with ur dr. and get it checked out.
my period went off about a week ago and i've been having this dark brown discharge ever since .. what is it ?
My period comes like clockwork the second week of the month between Wednesday and Friday. Instead of my period I have had very slight brown discharge. I am on birth control and my boyfriend and I use condoms 100% of the time. I have read a lot about implantation bleeding...but I am not trying to get pregnant and have taken every precaution to avoid that. Could I be pregnant or is there something else this could be?
I have been having only brown 'blood' during my period but no red at all for the last couple of periods what ffdoes this mean ??? Any help please
I'm having similar problems, but with a little more to it... I stopped using birth control In june so we could attempt having another baby. A week later I had an irregular period which I expected. Two weeks later (in july) was regular period time. Again two weeks later, I had a super light spotting. Now its been 2 and a half weeks (august) and the only thing I've got is 4 days of white discharge. One day of brown mucusy discharge. What does that mean?
4 days after my period every month I get this light brown watery discharge and it lasts till my next period, sometimes its reddish brown, its not smelly, no irritations, no itching and no pain. Its started after an irregular period in october of 2011, had HVS done severally and nothing was found. I recently treated PID in september of 2012 after a  scan and was told I have fibroid, saw my period on the 6th-12th of november and after 4 days the brown discharanges started, my last period was 11th-15th of december and same thing is happening. Should I be worried?
I had my period jan6 it lasted for 1 day. Two days later i was spotting then it stop then it started up again this has been goin on for a week and last night when i use the bathroom it was brown blood. I dont know what is going on last month i didnt have a period and the last time i had unprotected sex was in ending nov begging of dec. please hlp
Hi..i had my period about a week and a half ago...went as normal...now since last night ive had brwn discharge with alittle blood in it today...my tubes are tied..me and my spouse have had some pretty deep passionate sex the last couple of times we did it but not too much out of the ordinary..but this is new for me..any suggestions o and ive had slight cramping.
I also have heavy periods. An I've been taking diet pills an I've lost 7pounds so far an I've notice my period was late but have a couple of days I saw brown so I thought I was starting but for the past 3-4 days every time I wipe I see brown an i don't know why. Yesterday I seen blood so I thought it was it but it wasnt an went back to brown it's super super light I just see it when I wipe but it feels like I'm on it! I'm 20 an I'm a virgin so I know I'm not pregnant I'm just worried about it! But last month my period was normal except that it came early! Pls help first time this has ever happen!