buzzing/vibration

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Viewing 201-269 comments:
ok I am a 56 yr old male. had this sensation for like 3 weeks and thought something serious was going to happen like a stroke. I work out very hard at the gym, take care of myself. So I went to the doctors and she told me she had it before. Stinking cell phone feeling is what I call it! She gave me an antibiotoc and it went away like in a week. That was 5 months ago. Well now it has started again for the past two days. Left lower pelvic area. I have taken my cell out of my pocket maybe 30 times? Here we go again. Any news plz email me ***@****

Ralph
I also just started this symptom but is the first for me. I also thought it was a cell phone. I was oversees on vaca when this started so i had no stress. Back home and its more and more everyday.  Doesnt hurt just more annoying. I am 29, female and have had back injuries. Im wondering if it is an effect of back issues. Mine is literally right on top of the anus. Anyone with any help would be great... thanks.  

Dion :)  
I posted on here back in January and have been somewhat symptom free for months.  But I just stumbled on complaints of an "electric sensation" in patients with MS and Lyme-induced MS.  In the book "Cure Unknown" the author describes electrical buzzing in her arms.  Other lyme sufferers describe what's known as L'Hermitte's Sign, also a symptom of MS.  Please look into lyme disease if you are experiencing strange neuro symptoms.  This serious disease is becoming epidemic in many parts of the country and is known as the "great masquerader."  It can look just like MS and other neuro and autoimmune diseases.  I've got other curious symptoms that seem unrelated-muscle spasms and rippling, tingling in face, hands and feet, tinitis, and headaches--nothing really bad yet, but it does make me wonder if I'm in the early stages of a potentially serious condition.  Check out these websites for information on Lyme.  DO NOT look only at the mainstream medical websites as the "conventional" guidelines for treatment are now under review for antitrust violations due to conflicts of interest by members of the board of the Infectious Diseases Society of America.  Here are websites which I think are trusted within the Lyme community:

lymediseaseassociation.org
canlyme.org
lyme.org
lymedisease.org

Look at symptoms of Lyme disease and MS and see if you have other symptoms.  The buzzing is an annoyance.  Having untreated Lyme disease is a disaster.

Also:
underourskin.com
cureunknown.com
A note of hope - I first experienced this same vibration sort of feeling 10 years ago. I was in a job where I had to sit for long periods of time, and when I first felt it I thought perhaps there was a machine of some type in the basement of the building where I worked. When I realized it was internal, I went to the chiropractor, who said it was because I was sitting on a nerve that was being interfered with.  He fixed it with one adjustment, and then I bought one of those big balls to sit on and had no more problems until a year ago.  It started again - we've moved to a different state, so I couldn't go to that chiropractor, so I found another one (after 2 false starts) who fixed it again.  It CAN go away with proper adjustments!
After reading your comment I just had to get in touch with you.
I am 45 years young and I have the same exact symptoms.  I have no clue what the cause is and yes it is annoying.  I have had it before but it only lasted for about 24 hours but now it has  been about 4 days and it is getting on my last nerve.
let me know who your coping.    thanks
tlw373
I've had this too!  It's only ever lasted a few seconds at a time, but it's exactly like a cell phone buzzing.  I've been embarrassed to mention it to my doc for fear she would think I'd gone loony. LOL  For me, it's usually right above my pubic bone.  I'm 42, by the way.
I, too have that annoying/disturbing vibratory sensation in my "groin" area.  Is anyone online right now with the same symtom(s)?  I really need some answers, but do not have a credit card to apply for M.D. answers.  Thanks in advance.
                                                                          B235
I had a similar experience a long time ago. Felt like my pager was going off and it happened to be where I wore the pager. I quit wearing a pager on my pant pocket and switched to either on my notebook I always carried or hanging on my ID tag. It went away. I thought that the pager vibrating may have caused some damage to the nerves and they were "remembering" the feeling. Odd though, just the same.
Are all the people who have buzzing using Laptops?? Or on psych meds?? I just started Buzzing in my pelvis and just started taking Klonopin for anxiety and thought it was maybe that???
Thank God i'm not the only one! I had ovarian cancer a couple of years back and thought the worst...my insides were removed so couldn't think what it is....i am going on 49 next month.
It feels exactly as you've described...a buzzing cell phone in my uterine area!
Okay, I am looking for some answers here. I have the same vibration, it stops when I lay down for sit a certain way. It started when my period ended 2 weeks ago. I thought at first it was hormonal but now I wonder if it contributed to a pulled muscle that I had about 5 mths ago which took me about 3 mths to fully get over.  I don't really know which doctor to go to. Sometimes I think I should go to a chiropractor and then I think I should go to a gyn. I am really clueless to where this is coming from. What do ya'll think?
I have had this almost daily for the past 9 years - mine is due to nerve damage in the lower back, so it affects me from the waist down. If the damage was up further on ny spine, it would do this in different places.

Nerves can make it feel hot / cold / hurt / buzz / numb / tingle / itch / sting / throb / stab / sharp / dull / etc ... you get the picture.

If you have a recurring problem with this in any area of your body, see your dr. and describe the pain and location - your dr. might send you to a neurologist for further tests. Sometimes it is treatable, sometimes you have to learn to live with it.

Good luck, all!
Wendy Jo
I just figured out it was the Klonipin (klonopin)!! I was buzzing the days I was taking it! I only took it 5 times as needed and havent buzzed since! I read other anti anxiety drugs can make you buzz!
I have been experiencing a vibraiton in mhy right ovary. I do not carry a cell phone in my pocket or on my person other than in my hand. This is not the first time it has happened, however, this time it has lasted all day and vibrates every 6 seconds!  I am not on any medication and do not have any diseases or conditions other than Ankylosing Spondilitis (AS).  Can anyone help?
Ok thought I might be going crazy.. This weird buzzing feeling in my tummy.. Kept feeling like my cell phone was buzzing and I kept looking at it and no one called/texted. I was puzzled. So I set it aside and it kept happening. I couldn't feel it to the touch nor isolate the exact area but I keep feeling it. Its the oddest thing.. Started thinking a parasites?  Recalling having trying raw Sushi. But then I too think its crazy to mention.. I told my husband and it didn't come out right. Thought maybe gas? but after a few days not possible.. I too have been having a back problems and maybe this is what is going on. My kinked neck is becoming more and more chronic and worsening to numbness and finger tingling along with the pinch in my shoulder..  Guess you all convinced me just to go to the doctor.  let you know what they say.
I cannot believe all these other people are having this strange symptom!  I too thought I was going crazy!  Intermittent buzzing/vibrating sensation in my left lower abdomen, right over my left ovary...  I too thought it was my cell phone vibrating in my pocket, so I too quit carrying it.  It hasn't stopped; instead has gotten more frequent.  Just about a one second wierd buzzing/fluttering/vibrating sensation.  Anybody figured anything out yet?  I had a miscarriage about 6 weeks ago, and thought maybe it was related to my uterus and ovaries "readjusting"...  but it just keeps going...!
Update. I went to a chiropractor as I know I'm having back/neck issues.  Maybe this is related. I've been experiencing tingly feeling in my arm for a while now along with a mild pain in the neck/back area.. I mentioned the buzzing thing and he thought maybe it was due malnourishment lacking calcium or potassium or it could be something pressing on a nerve.  He said you can experience leg cram[s and twitches when your lacking. Maybe what I was feeling was actually an internal twitch.  I knew about leg cramps having looked it up but didn't hear of the other.  Only on day 2 of treatment so I'll keep you posted. I have not been pregnant for more then 18months so I doubt it relegated to any of my girl stuff.  so the mystery is unsolved. by the way the doctor gave me a odd look before answering.. this ***** if the back therapy doesn't resolve the issue that means I have to go to someone else and mention it.. Why does it sound so stupid to say out loud.. lol
wow they bleeped out a very mild word.. i promise it wasn't a 4 letter bad word!! lol
I began having a vibration feeling last evening sitting with company in my living room -not unlike I swallowed a cellphone that was buzzing or vibrating. The sensation was near my anus. I thought I was imagining it!
Initially I moved around the chair thinking it was my crazy mind and then I realized that down there I was routinely vibrating in my anal area. I am a long distance runner and wondered if that was the cause. I as well thought that I had a tape worm and that the vibration was like the rattler as in snake rattler. I now think I am having muscle spasm or I am telling myself that I am having muscle spasm versus the rattler living inside of me. If any of you come up with a definitive diagnosis please share it! I cannot believe how many of you described it like I described it this morning to my husband-I feel like I swallowed a cellphone that someone keeps texting and I keep vibrating!
J_Harrison_Hohner responded:
:Amazingly, this question arises at least once a month. I have done MULTIPLE literature searches at the National Library of Medicine site, and other search engines--none of which have ever yielded a conclusive answer. My best GUESS is as fasiculations of the pelvic floor muscles. This would be analogous to fasiculations of the muscles of the eye lid. Most of us have had these uncontrollable eye lid spasms ("blephorospasms") at one time or another. The triggers for eye lid spasms are fatigue, caffeine use, stress. Some treatments are pressure applied near to the twitching muscle, or even Botox.

Here is a citation on focal dystonias [involuntary muscle contractions> from the National Library of Medicine site:

Tenn Med. 1997 Jan;90(1):18-20. Links
Adult-onset focal dystonias: presentation and treatment options.Esper GJ, Charles PD, Davis TL, Robertson D.
Department of Neurology, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN, 37212 USA.

Adult-onset focal dystonias (AFD) are common disorders that are often misdiagnosed and incorrectly treated. Their presentation is readily recognized, and botulinum toxin has become the agent of choice for treating these disorders. Most of the focal dystonias include cervical dystonia[CERVICAL MEANS NECK NOT CERVIX IN VAGINA--JHH>, blepharospasm, oromandibular dystonia, spasmodic dysphonia, and limb dystonia, specifically writer's cramp. Their onset is either idiopathic, familial, or post-traumatic, and the pathophysiology of the focal dystonias is not currently known. Local injections of botulinum toxin into the affected area result in chemical denervation of the muscle, resulting in a weakness of the muscles that are involved in the sustained contractions. This weakness alleviates the painful contraction of the dystonia. In this paper we present a case study of the most common type of focal dystonia, cervical dystonia. The etiology in this case was post-traumatic, and significant improvement resulted after treatment with botulinum toxin type A.

For more information on the more severe forms of focal dystonias this website offers a good overview:

www.dystonia.org.uk/about-dystonia-page7541.html

My symptoms started sunday night and now it is tuesday night. I really didn't want to go to doctor because i thought he would think im crazy./ I am so glad to see i am not alone. I am 41 years old and the vibration is over my left ovary. it's feels like it is timed it goes off about every 5 seconds about to go crazy. but think i will make an appointment to make sure it isn't something that can cause permanent poralisis.
I am amazed at the number of input - i have the same buzzing in the area near anus...read about the sacrum/tailbone being out of adjustment and that being the cause...i was SO emabarrased when i tried to tell me friend...i feel like a kinky freak....and they laugh and go ohhh..cool...it is not cool it is annoying and scary....anyone else ever heard of tailbone being out...recently my mother was in the hospital for almost a month and i slpet in a recliner near her most of the month....i think this may have started it??> anyideas????
Thank God I am NOT crazy.  I have been experiencing a vibrating sensation in my pelvic bone for quite a few months.  When it first happened, I kept looking at my phone because it felt like it was vibrating (not unlike what many of you stated).  Usually it was on again off again.  Today however I have felt it every 2 seconds ALL DAY LONG.  Its driving me crazy.  I too have had back injury issues as well.  In addition, I have had a hip socket problem the last several weeks so maybe it is a nerve issue.  Reading all these postings gives me hope that if I go see my Dr. he wont look at me as though I am crazy.  I hope so at least.  Thank you all!!
I am 47 years old and have been experiencing the exact same vibrations in my lower abdomen for about 2 weeks now on and off. It is not painful as the rest stated, but it does make you think about a cell phone. I think
I had this months ago only when I laid down, I lifted my mattress, looked up the bed and everything looking for a cell phone.  When it came back
I now can feel the exact area.  I also questioned a few people I work with who say they have also had this feeling, but no one has been to a doctor to check it out.  We all need to know, our body is trying to tell us something.
A chiropractor really does work.  After only two visits the buzzing has completely stopped.  If anyone lives in Fresno or Clovis California, go see Dri Clymore at Harbin/Clymore Chiropractic and you will be cured.  Need to go ASAP it really works.  No more annoying buzzing.  Yes, your back is either out of alignment or you have a pinched nerve.  Don't waste precious time putting up with that annoying buzzing.  Call now. 559-439-4439.
Ugh....finally. Someone else experiencing this funny "vibrating" sensation deep in my lower R groin. It comes and goes and never moves to the left side. I've had it about 6 months. I also suffer from some lower back nerve and bone issues, which I thought might be related. Have not mentioned it to a physician thinking he/she too will think I'm crazy. There is no pain associated with this sensation and cannot isolate it by palpating the area. Help!
For me, the buzzing was a problem with the psoas muscle. After an abdominal aortic ultrasound, pelvic ultrasound, visit to the naturopathic doctor, visit to the MD, and bloodwork, my chiropracter honed in on the psoas muscle. When she first started working on it, it got a bit worse, and then she got it to stop! This was after 2 weeks of buzzing for most of the day. It started a few hours after an exercise class.
For me, it was a problem with the psoas muscle. After an abdominal aortic ultrasound, pelvic ultrasound, visit to the naturopathic doctor, visit to the MD, and bloodwork, my chiropracter honed in on the psoas muscle. When she first started working on it, it got a bit worse, and then she got it to stop! This was after 2 weeks of buzzing for most of the day. It started after an exercise class.

Oh yeah, I had a pregnancy test, too.
Go see a chiropractor/oseteopath. I had a sliiped disc wioth trapped nerve and this buzzing started in hip bone and then in anus (it's actually in the tail bone). Your nerves arte connected to the spine so misalinment can cause stress to nerves and muscles and thus lead to them vibrating. At worse I have vibrations in chest area.
Other than that i experienced the strange buzzing in my hip area about ten years ago wheni was under stress doing a job which meant a lot og sitting around in planes, travelling from one place to another. It lasted a year. Relxation excercies, ypga and a good chropracter stops it.
Wow, SO glad to know it's not all in my mind! I too thought it was the cell phone. Left lower abdomen. I sit all day long at the computer and am wondering if that is the main culprit. I don't take any type of medications so it couldn't be that. I have a unique chair at another location that I'm going to bring home and start trying. It's the kind where you sit on your knees. I'm hoping that will help resolve the issue - must be a nerve.

Thanks to everyone for their comments. I too thought it might be very serious and will certainly mention it to my doctor next time I see him, but I'm now a bit relieved thinking it might be a nerve problem. I'm also going to try exercising more and taking more breaks to walk around.
I too, in my lower right part of the abdomen. Im guessing at the lowest part of the large intestine? Very wierd felling. Kind of hard to sleep at night since the feeling is quite annoying. Almost feels like a little battery powered hot wheels car spinning it's wheels on my stomach. Sigh. . . . Is it lethal or dangerous? Will it go away? Any help would be appreciated. My diet is good, not constipation, high fiber, I exercise, drink water, and have not had any history of digestive problems.
PLEASE HELP! I need serious help! I cant stop worrying! My boyfriend and I had sex for about two hours (not the first time it was that long) 4 days ago. And about a day or two ago I noticed my vagina burning soooo badly when I pee, or when its touched even by toilet paper, or doing nothing but sitting. The lower part of my vagina, like the lips outside of the hole I think. Of course I felt sore after the sex because of obvious reasons. But this pain is almost unbearable! I don’t think I have an STD because my boyfriend doesn’t either and he isn’t experiencing anything wrong with his junk. Also the burning/chapped feeling continuous on the skin to my butt hole area. I REALLLLY NEED HELP! I just took a bath with Epson Salt. I’ve read some things in here, but I am too young to go to the doctors without my mother and if she found out id be toast! Im 17 though, and Im really really worried! PLEASE HELP!!!!!! Thank you
To the 17 year old having sex and now has vaginal stinging go to your local Planned Parenthood. That is if you live in a state that still has them as you do need a parent after 16yrs old – at least that was how it was in the 90’s.  You either have a yeast infection a urinary tract infection or less unlikely if your boyfriend is honest a STD.  There is always yeast in your vagina but it sometimes gets out of balance from your period, having long or a lot of sex or being unclean in other ways.  Your boyfriend will not get a yeast infection as easily (think about how long the urethra is for him) but you will.  Yeast infections can also not be from sex so you could talk to your mom and not mention the sex if you are really worried.  Of course being a mom of a 13 yr old boy I hope you do find the ability to talk to her - she is your ally even if she gets mad at first.

DO GO TO THE MD even if they put you on an over the counter yeast control (vagasil) something else could be wrong like a urinary tract infection or an STD.
Good luck - and fortunately what you are talking about is not the same "buzzing" the rest of us feel.... I am starting to think it is a nerve for I recently had my sacrum readjusted and do lots of yoga which pops my hips back and forth.
Well glad I am not the only one that keeps looking at my cell phone!
Reading again I think you have a urinary tract infection which is only cured with antibiotics - you can get at Planned Parenthood or the Dr office.
Best of luck girl!
I also have had this slight "buzzing" in my left groin area, lasting maybe 2 or 3 seconds at the most.  Have experienced this "buzzing" before though .in my right breast...I had been carrying a cell phone in my coat pocket over my breast, so I attributed it to that....not the case tho'..looked online and was surprised to see so many others with the same odd sensations...and looks when you say ,oh there's a call coming in...and then realizing there is No phone in your pocket...just the vibration...interesting now it has moved to my groin for the past month...intermittingly...my neck has degenerating disk disease..so I think that is an underlying condition as well as my legs have really begun to ache throuhout the night causing restless sleep....whatever is causing my groin to buzz , may be causing achy legs too..maybe pinched nerve somewhere....it does make sense
Same here...i'll be 35 in april and as of maybe 2-3 months ago..I'll experience vibrations on my pubic bone also,i,LOL,thought it may have been from use of a sexual toy (on rare occasion) but i am SO glad i'm not the only one to feel this 'phantom' buzzing.I am not shy and will most definitly ask my gyno.
I am going crazy by the buzzing in my lower right abdomen.  I have searched and searched for maybe an answer but found none.  Now, I don't want to go to the Doctor, because what will they tell me?  Probably nothing and gladly take my money. I don't have back problems and never have.  I am at a loss here.  I guess I just suck it up and deal with it. If anyone has an answer, please post it! I also have severe Tinitus which also drives me crazy! All these wierd annoying tweeks will drive me to a nut house soon enough! I need some help...
I know this is a womens forum....but this buzzing has plagued my 7 yr old son for a yr..... It usually appears in his tummy or chest....but recently on his knees and once in his head!!! Ive mentioned this to his pediatrician.....didnt seem concerned. What could this be and How do I stop it? He is very active,,,thin,,,and he panics when these buzzing vibrating attacks come on.
I'm 54 years old and have been experiencing the same buzzing sensation for about 2-3 months now.  It is very rhythmic, lasts one second with a two second pause.  It's located on the front right side of my pubic area, right over the pubic bone. It feels like a nerve so I try to rub it to see if I can "disturb" the pattern or hopefully stop it, but nothing works. I so happy to hear I'm not the only one experiencing this (but sorry others are having the same problem) because it does drive you NUTS!  I've considered everything, (including alien abduction with implants, lol) and can't come up with any plausible solution.  Please, please, please if anyone finds the answer post it in all CAPS so we can all find peace and sanity.
OMG!!! I just turned 41 in May and this month I started having some vaginal vibrations. It started during my last menstrual cycle in June (which was only about 10 days ago.) It vibrates for a few seconds, then stops and then vibrates again. CRAZY! Then I tried masterbating (masturbating) to figure out if it was a sexual thing. It did not seem to have anything to do with sex. But I believe that this is all a great thing. It reminds me to keep sex alive. By the way, my background is that I have been celibate for about one year but I do masterbate about 2-6 times a month. I have had four children.....youngest is 12 years old. The vaginal vibration has not been a 24 hour continual but I notice the vibrations when I am relaxing or sitting for several hours at a time. I am happy about this phenomenon. This is just one additional thing that happens to women that no one ever talks about. I am just so glad I am not alone. I encourage more sex!!!!
i had this about 4 years ago, my chiro fixed it.  it has come back full force now & yes it is SOOOOO annoying.  i've been seeing an accupuncturist for other issues & realized it had gone away but has been back being i've not seen him in 2 weeks.  saw my chiro last week & it left again.  last nite it was hard to go to sleep & it's constant now so i'll be letting him know on fri.  anyone & everyone should seek out a good chiro & accupuncturist for most of their ailments before resorting to regular docs & drugs....if not happy with one, try another.  there are great ones & there are bad ones!  anyone in the detroit area see EAST DETROIT CHIRO CLINIC  586 774 1550!  
This vibration started and remained with me about 60% of the time.  1 second of vibration just to the right of my pelvic floor, 2 seconds of quiet.  Fortunately, I had an appointment with my naturopath for some lymphatic drainage just four days after it started.  She massaged a lymph node in the area and I haven't had it since.  It has been two months.  I don't even think about it anymore, but then I realized I needed to come back to this forum and share the info.

It sort of makes sense that it could be lymphatic.  It doesn't have the same rhythm as the cardiac or respiratory systems.  Perhaps the pelvic floor is so well innervated, it can pick up congestion in a lymph node?  Lymphatic drainage has helped me in many other parts of my body...especially the thyroid, under the neck and that tender area right behind the ear lobes.  I recommend seeing a naturopath for Lymphatic drainage if you are still experiencing these vibrations. And my condolences to the person who was told it was stress and ended up on anti-anxiety meds.  I was fixed in two minutes!
I am 30 years old and I just had a c-section 3 months ago. I have had a constant vibrating sensation over my left ovary for the last 24hrs and I just started feeling it under my pubic bone. Could this be related to scar tissue from my surgery or is it something more serious? I have no back problems, i am not on any medications and I have no history of any diseases. I did have an IUD put in about 6 weeks ago. There is a history of ALS in my family, I hope this has nothing to do with that. I've experienced muscle spasms but this is something entirely different. I'm starting to get really worried. Has anyone had a diagnoses from a doctor???
I too have noticed a vibrating/buzzing in my lower abdomen  - which almost seems to be coming from the womb hence I thought I had some gynae problems. Having input 'buzzing in the womb' on google and been directed to this site I was intrigued to see so many with similar symptoms. I thought I might sound daft if I tried to explain this to a doctor - but now shall go visit. I have been suffering also with lower back pain now for over 2 years, which makes sleeping uncomfortable.
Thank you to all who have given advice, this has been most helpful
I think you are spot on with the lymphatic system theory. I too have been having identical vibrating in the groin area, one second on, one second off. Matched neither respiratory nor circulatory rhythms. Up until a day ago, I'd had puffy and swollen ankles, calves and feet for YEARS. The same day this vibrating began, all that swelling and puffiness just DISAPPEARED. I haven't been able to feel  my ankles in 6 years. They are knobby now and my feet are all skinny again, the skin on my calves, shin and feet are all loose now, not tight. I can only correlate the lack of swelling with the appearance of this new purring or pulsing sensation. Perhaps my lymphatic system had a blockage down there and now it's working, but partially blocked still and thus the feeling of pulsing is the fluid from my lower abdomen and legs getting pumped back up to my heart through a restricted passageway in the groin?????? I think this is probably a very good bet and I'd be willing to plop down a large amount of money on this bet.
Mine is almost exactly like yours, except to the right of the pubic bone and more in the place where the inner thigh attaches to the lower groin. But the rhythm sounds identical. Did anything ever help you. I'm going bonkers!
Hey.. I started feeling this weird sensation as well.. Have you yet to find out what it was for you? I am so paranoid.. I dont know what to think about it!
~~Lew
I have exact sensation as you had/have. I noticed it 4 days ago. It is now feeling of numbness to my buttoks and also genital area.

I am 53 and had not much health issue, at least recently.

Could you please tell me what happend to your symptoms. I really appreciate it.

you can email me on ***@****
58 year old male, my buzzing started yesterday just before a 3 mile run. Rhythmic, 2 seconds on 5 seconds off. Fells like mild buzzing just below and in front of my tail bone. Doesn't matter what position I am in. Any health professional out there willing to guess what this is? Seems like many of us have the same symptoms.
I had been feeling a rythmic, mechanical like movement in my stomach for the last 6 years now....and didn't know what to do. I thought I was literally losing my mind until one day it just went away. sometimes you just have to wait it out and hope that nerve controlling everything will get under control. hope this helps.
I've had exactly the same for about 3 days now - vibrating, buzzing, humming in my lower left abdomen. Thought it could be something wrong with my bowels? Also got paranoid that I was pregnant - impossible for the moment though :)
I think it must be something to do with muscles as it is very similar to vibration of an eye lid. I've researched a lot and come to a conclusion that it could be one of those:
1 - parasites releasing toxins, which irritate nervous system and this causes muscle contraction
2 - problems with a spine - some nerves are irritated and this causes muscle contraction
3 - blockage in a lymp that causes muscles to contract

I am not a doctor, but in my opinion there is nothing to worry about, however it is definitely worth seeing a doctor or chiropractor.

What do you reckon?

What do you reckon?
I have been having the same vibrating feelings for about a week now. I will be 36 next month. It is not painful at all but really annoying. Sometimes it is from my feet all the way up to my vaginal area. Today it is concetrated in my vaginal area and is occuring about every 30 seconds and lasting for about 5 seconds. I am going to find out if a chiropractor can help because I find this to be extremely aggravating. It really may be a nerve issue. I am a waitress and carry alot of heavy trays.
Hi.  Please understand though not everything is Lyme disease, Lyme is epidemic in many areas.  Not everyone gets the bulls-eye rash and what's worse, not everyone will even have a positive blood test set forth in the guidelines of the CDC.  That is my case.  I started with buzzing in the ear 4 years ago which later went to TMJ pain.  I had occasional groin pain that I thought was a matter of a muscle pull or imbalance.  I have been a fitness professional for 25 years and yet I couldn't (nor anyone else) resolve it.  Suddenly last spring I noticed a vibration along my inner thigh.  Soon afterwards, it started in my jaw, then over a couple of months it was down my arms and dominated my left leg. Sometimes i felt like i was standing on a running car.    Mind you all this time, I've had 6 lyme tests- all negative.  Then, by fall, I started to lose coordination in my movements. I went through all the hoops of a neurologist, endocronologist, rheumotologist and many blood test for other diseases. I have been through CT scans and MRI's.  Everything was negative and no answers.  It wasn't until I went to a Lyme literate doctor that I discovered it was Lyme and another co-infection called Bartonella. Symptoms, I discovered, went back as far as 10 years.  I have been in IV and oral antibiotic therapy for 6 months now with much improvement, but far from out of the woods.  If you have symptoms that you can not get an answer to, check out the website for the Lyme Disease Association symptoms list.  I wish everyone the best of health.  
OMG I thought I was going crazy. I see I am not the only one experiencing this buzzing or bubbling sensation in the anal/vaginal area. This just started about a month ago. It doesn't hurt but it is annoying. I don't know which doctor to go to my gyn or my gastro doc. I am 58. I am on pressure meds and nothing else. I was hospitalized about 2 months ago because I had a a rapid heartbeat episode. They had me on all kinds of meds while there for 4 days. Nothing was wrong with my heart. They determined it must have been an imbalance. I was wondering if this buzzing is an after effect from all those unnecessary drugs they pumped into me.  Did anyone on here ever get an answer as to why this is happening
I had an Emergency c section on the 14th June last year and ever since then had i have had a weird vibrating feeling it can start anywhere from my arms, stomach and legs and then sometimes all over.  Im unsure what to do about it and unsure whether to be worried about it or not, as i have had a previous c section in Nov 2008 and this never happened the only difference in the c sections was my first in 2008 i had stitches and the c section i had in 2011 i had staples they were both in the same hospital i just want to know if i should be worried about it or not please please help me i do have a feeling it could be nerve damage or something someone also suggested that my back could be out.
If anyone can help ease my mind PLEASE HELP ME...
I have had these sensations for months, sometimes worse than other times, it coincides with lower back pain I have that was caused by car accident injuries. Today I had a transforaminal spinal injection and all the buzzing, spasm, pain in groin and lower pelvic region disappeared for a blessed 2 hours. It was awful when it returned bc it was much more amplified.  I know I have pinched nerves L 4 and 4 and S 1 and 2 but now wondering if they are further down too
I, too, have this same buzzing in my abdomen. I went to my primary care physican and she has recommended that I see a neurologist right away. She said it can be very serious and is generally assumed to be a pinched nerve.If not corrected, there can be nerve damage that can leave a person permanently incontinent. I would like to go to a chiropractor but will wait until I can see the neurologist just in case there is the possibility of making it worse. Ugh.
Thanks for the most scientific reply, but I am not getting botox in the groin or the eye.
Most people here might be interested in reading a thin yellow book called Kundalini Experience by Lee Sanella MD. Good luck with that, you're going to need it.
To the girl (and anybody else) with the inflamed privates... I had a similar situation which was relieved by applying Calendula oil topically. No side affects, and it doesn't burn when applied. Even if you do need a doc, this will help ease the symptoms while you're waiting for your office visit (which can sometimes be a week or more away!). Look for it at any health food store or vitamin shop. (Or shop online!)
I am having the same sensation and I know when it started which is part of something very profound in so many ways. I am by no means fully accepting of the situation but my doctor is helping to realize what exactly is the cause of it along with other physical evidence. The night before this occured I was asleep at 1 am like many but I woke up partially to the feeling someone was literally in my room. I actually felt movement on my bed just as if someone was walking on it. I live alone and use an air mattress due to constant travel. I want to be clear absolutely nothing in my life has changed in recent time so I was well set to my patterns. Two hours later I saw the time was past 3 AM. I wanted to get out of bed and run outside to look for the person I swore was walking on my bed. I should also mention there was a definate clicking sound at 1 am and when I became aware again at 3. I drifted off to sleep as if nothing happened. The next day or two I noticed a couple red spots on my penis and since I have not been sexually active for 5 years along with a surgery, blood screened for everything to verify my gall bladder was the problem, I knew it was not sexually related. I just changed to boxer/briefs and went on. I have been on a pain med regiment for 7 years and the last 5 of which has not required any change to the doses. I should not be feeling a vibrating sensation when fully dosed at bed time but I do.It is not painful but definitely a physical sensation. I am very open minded and self aware. I am working toward my doctorate in quantum mechanics with a focus in quantum chromodynamics and have an intelligent quotient of 151. I quantize everything like an equation. I do not believe in god or bigfoot. I know that in a universe containing more stars then grains of sand on all the beaches on earth there is definately other intelligent life and life probably a billion years ahead of us. Look what humanity achieved from 1900 to 2000 for some sobering perspective on that thought. I put others ahead of myself to the detriment of my own education but feel no regrets. It took a doctor to point out an abvious possibilty as to this issue. My heart and mind have never been at such odds. Only the issue of god and faith when I was 6 come close to how troubled I am right now. I am questioning the foundations of human knowledge along with the underpinnings of a morality that which I am hopeless to fathom. Surely not everyone who has this sensation falls into the same bracket as myself but from what I have read online I can definately say more do then do not. I can't risk my possible scientific future by giving my name as science is based on repeatable tests and irrefutable physical evidence of some form. I cannot provide it as yet but I can promise that I will not let this go and will bring to bear all the scientific fortitude and resiliance humanity's greatest minds has brought forth. In nature it isn't always the smartest, quickest, strongest, or stealthiest species that succeeds. 65 million years ago a single outside influence in the form of a 6 mile wide asteroid let the meek inherit the earth.  
55 year old maIe with no medical history except for an appendectomy about five years ago.
Several days ago I reached for my cell phone, and realized the buzzing sensation was coming from just below my navel. This happened to me seemingly out of the blue.  I was also having a lot of back pain.-something I never get- but I didn't make the connection till I read  these posts.
Im amazed at how specific the symptoms are and that people here described it like I did. It lasts between  5 to 20 seconds, stops for several minutes, then starts again. This cycle is repeated several hours apart.
My best guess is that it has something to do with irritated nerves from my lower back but I don't know why I feel the vibration just above my pubic bone.
Hey I'm just really glad I'm not the only one with this "sy fy" physcal experience.
I know its very annoying feeling had the buzzing for 3 weeks now driving me crazy I told my obgyn He said never heard of that situation.
Its very annoying I'm 45 going on for 3 weeks now , all the time told my ob gun He's never heard of it
Omg! I'm only 23 but I'm already experiencing this! It's so good to feel that I'm not the only one.. but what is it-? It's really sad to not know what's this annoying feeling. I even dont know if it's a good or a bad sign for my health.. :(
Thanx! This gives me a HUGE sigh of relief!
Yes, I have these buzzing sensations in my upper groin area!  On and off for a couple of years now.  I just reached for my mobile phone...!!
Viewing 201-269 comments: