cervical ectropion causing a lot of vaginal discharge

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Hi- For the last 8 months I've been experiencing unusually increased vaginal discharge. When it first started 8 months ago, it was following sexual intercourse that also led to several days of bleeding. The bleeding stopped but I've been having this white/yellowish discharge ever since. It doesn't itch, doesn't burn, doesn't smell but it's one hell of an annoyance. I've been to a few gynecologists who had no explanation for it. I did a few cultures and they came back with Gardnerella so I was treated multiple times with Flagyl but each time the discharge came back right after. I was also told that I was producing too much "good bacteria"

Today I am infection free but still have the abundant discharge. The last obgyn I saw said that it was because I had cervical ectropion. And that sometimes cauterizing may help. So I did my research and have a few questions for those of you who have experienced ectropion (I believe it is also called "cervical erosion").

Me: I am 31 years old, no children, had been on the pill (Apri) for years and just stopped 3 months ago, w/ thryroid disorder

1. I read that it sometimes can go away on its own, has it ever happened to one of you?? After 8 months I am losing hope. Stopping the pill 3 months ago hasn't changed anything. However, after my period ends, I get 1-2 days of relief (no discharge)

2. Options for cauterization include cryotherapy and silver nitrate stick. Do these really work? Do they cause fertility problems? I also know laser can do the job better but it doesn't seem to be widespread. Anybody knows a place that uses laser therapy?

3. Is there anything I can do to improve things? I read that the reason why the discharge is more important is because the ectroption is causing a more acidic ph than normal in the vagina. I heard that sitzbath using baking soda could help balance the ph back. Has anyone experienced improvements doing this?

Thanks so much for your help. I am desperate...I don't have a bf and I am embarassed starting a new relationship under these circumstances.....

Thanks.

Hey, i;ve been experiencing exactly the same symptoms as you but with out the bleeding after sex. I went for a ectopion repair with one of them nitrate sticks, i had quite a bit of bleeding afterwards and cramps, i only had it a week ago so its still early days. i'm only 26 and no children, they said to me it dosen;t effect your ability to have children.. Hopw are you getting on?
hi i went for a pap cause of serious thick yellow discharch  says i now have cervical erosion no odor just disguting though mentioned it for about a year to my doc said nothing also have vulvar pain do you guys have this too?
Hi ladies,
I have the same condition and many gynos were confused what it was and later attributed it to me just having "excess discharge" saying I am just a person who has more mucous than the average. I got off the birthcontrol pill for a year now, and although that has slightly helped decrease the dischange I still have it. I do not have any pain or bleeding after sex. However, when I have a pap smear done my cervix bleeds upon touch.

I have found major improvement with the use of Homeopathy and thought I'd pass this along to you ladies. You should consider this instead of surgery. It is safe and doesn't hurt your chances of conceiving in the future. I'm 30 years old, no kids so far.
hi girls
same thing here go onto my profile and read my latest post
have any of you found relief?
if so, what measures did you take and did it work
i am beyong desperate.
I also have been diagnosed with the same symptons. I want t know whether any of the women who have posted have success with their options. Please right back as I have been put on a waiting list cat3 t get it cauterised they say it will grow back possibly but I dnt want it affecting my ability t have kids. I am 28 years old. No kids yet
Mine by the way is not erosion. Not t b confused w cancer. Ectropion is as-symptomatic. Can it be controlled by changing diet???? I have never been on the pill. It just happened overnight and when I got tests done thinking It was bacterial they also said I had lots of good bacterias present but all good. I cannot live like this is worse than having ovulation discharge everyday.
hi Roo,
mine has not been diagnosed as ectropion, but thats what it kinda looked like (they took pictures of the cervix during the examination)
i go back to the hospital in 6 weeks for a follow up appointment and find out then.
because they cant find a cause, im pretty sure they are gonna tell me i just have "more than the normal person", but it didnt use to be like this.
now, when i go to the toilet (number 2) i guess it kind of pushes it out?? and it literaly dollops out and sinks to the bottom. its disgusting.
i feel your pain, im starting to get depressed too and all i want is for it to stop and i feel like ive tried everything.
i am 23, also no kids, and stopped taking the pill almost 7 months ago to see if that helped, it didnt.
have you had any issues with yeast/infections?? anything you can think of that may have brought it on?
im trying to think of possibilities while i wait for my next appointment