chronic yeast infection!!!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

chronic yeast infection!!!

Hello there

I would like you to help me in this confusion i am in....
first of all this is defiantly not my first yeast infection, i am having yeast infections since i was 14.
but this time i've got 2 vaginal yeast infections one before my last month period taking into consideration that i was on Azithromycin antibiotic, and the other yeast infection is right now and i have 3 days left to my period...lately I've had a surgery and been on a course of antibiotics plus i am taking hormone pills "Bellara".
my Doctor asked me to do a blood test for chlamydiae and it came out negative, then a urine test and it came out also fine, and a pap that have shown that i have Candida. 2 weeks ago i've had another pap testing for HPV, Gonorrhea, syphilis, and anything else unusual and i'm still waiting for my results.
now, my doctor thinks i have chronic candida and i've been taking Fluconazol 150mg twice weekly since last month.

i am so scared because i've read over the internet that chronic yeast infection is related to HIV!
i have no HIV symptoms and when i told my doctor about this he said: no way cause it is not that easy to have an HIV with no symptoms. specially that he's been my gynecologist for 4 years and i do a check up every month cause of ovarian cyst problems.

my questions are:
in what stage of HIV does the yeast infection occur?
should i be worried?
does the HIV yeast get treated by taking fluconazol like my case or it never does?

thank you so much
I think the internet is making you worry way to much and I was in the same boat but instead I had oral thrush that seemed to not disappear or so what I thought. I got told I had thrush and the yeast on my tongue never really subsided until it actually just went. I went to my doctor who told me I did not have it and then before this I'd be constantly worried I had HIV. Got tested 3 times to find out I was negative and worried for nothing. If you are sexually active it would best to get tested for it anyway to put you mind at rest however I doubt you have HIV. Also from what I know recurrent yeast infections that are linked with HIV are mainly in the further stages where it goes into Aids because you system is so down.
thank you so much for your answer Kitty

i've read more than one article that says that chronic yeast infection is at the very advanced stages of aids actually... so maybe my  yeast infections could be stemming from medications right? i mean it always happens when i finish a course of antibiotic, it doesn't occur just like that or by itself.

actually My pap results testing for HPV, Gonorrhea, syphilis, and anything else unusual has just came out very normal and i don't have anything but a normal yeast infection "candida" but not intense like the one before....which my Dr.said that it's gradually being cured but we will need to do a "yeast culture".

i also asked him again about how related hiv to recurrent yest infection and u were right, cause he said when it happens is when u do know that u have hiv and taking medicine for it cause the medicine of the hiv itself might makes u getting the recurrent yeast infection and that is in a very advanced stage of AIDS.
I'm glad everything came back normal for you. It's true that yeast infections can come about after taking certain medicine such as antibiotics as it affects the good bacteria in your body. Good luck! :)