confused or crazy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

confused or crazy

so here's my story.......my last menstrual period started june 13th, 2012 it ended around the 18th or 19th then i had unprotected sex with my boyfriend june 22nd-23rd. on july 5th i had sharp pains in my ovaries area and a friend said i was ovulating i said okay then my period was due july 16th i spotted on the 17th and 18th (only when i wiped) then it stopped all together. and nothing since. i was due for my period on august 18th and nothing it's now the 19th and still nothing, but now im having slight cramping nothing painful just annoying for the last 3 days. so far i have sore breast off and on and tender nipples and a headache here and there plus my nipples are slightly darker and have nausea but no vomiting . i took a pregnancy test and it came out negative i went to the doctors on the 13th of august and had a negative blood test...but still wheres my period and why am i still having symptoms?.....HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!
Tags: late period, spotting but no period, Pregnancy, negative blood and urine test, pregnancy symptoms, possible pregnancy symptoms
It is less likely for the blood pregnancy test to come negative. It could be due to secondary amenorrhea. Secondary amenorrhea is when a woman who has had normal menstrual cycles stops getting her monthly period for 3 or more months.

Causes of secondary amenorrhea include stress and anxiety, malnutrition, depression, overexercising, sudden weight loss or gain (obesity),thyroid disorders and hormonal imbalance due to polycystic ovarian syndrome(PCOS).Smoking is also associated with secondary amenorrhea. Sometimes tumors of the ovaries and brain may also cause absence of menstruation.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.