does taking this pill damage your reproductive health??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

hi,am 26 yrs. old and one year married but up to now i never get pregnant. i had already gone through papsmear and ultrasound,the results are normal.my husband had already gone through sperm count and he is perfectly normal.what's the problem?i getting paranoid because before i have taken cortal tablets to prevent getting pregnant.am thinking that maybe its the reason why till now am not yet pregnant..does taking this pill damage your reproductive system???or does it really prevent pregnancy???Pls. help, thank you!!!
Did you tell you doctor you were taking those pills?  Your docotr should be able to tell you if that's the factor.  Also, are you practicing fertility awareness?  If you have a somewhat normal cycle and ovulate normally, you have a 20%-25% chance of conception every cycle.
I would suggest charting your BBT and maybe using OPKs to confirm and predict your ovulation.  Pay attention to your cervial mucus to watch for fertile sign.
Your doctor might prescride Clomid if you try the above and still have no luck.
Good Luck.
i agree w/ dollchina, charting your bbt is a good way to track your cycle and see when you are ovulating.  good luck
I had no idea what cortal tablets were, so I looked it up. Apparently it's aspirin... which is a completely ineffective method of birth control, and thus wouldn't affect your fertility in the future. Your difficulty getting pregnant now may actually explain why you didn't experience pregnancy while taking aspirin.

However, if I'm wrong and cortal is something else, please post back.
Someone else said they took these "cortal tablets" as contraceptives. If they are indeed aspirin, how on earth would they keep you from getting pregnant? I'm supposed to take aspirin to help me get pregnant. Did a doctor tell you to take aspirin to prevent pregnancy? They only thing I can think of is that it would be such a high (and dangerous) amount, that the endometrial lining would turn to liquid, so no fertilized eggs could implant, but that seems a little crazy.
I looked the drug up on RXlist.com and could not find any info on it.  I have never heard of this drug...was it dispensed at a pharmacy to you?  I would definately ask your Dr.  I searched it as a form of birth control but could not find any info.
guys,thanks for the sincere comments. i really appreciate it.i'll do BBT charting,but i dont know what's OPK is??yap,its an aspirin pill, the fact is am taking it with a softdrink.i've done this silly things guys because of fear to get pregnant, since that time am still studying.sad to say that i did not use the proper pills to prevent pregnancy.am regretting...anyways,am also experiencing brown discharge (old blood) on the later days of my menstruation?am suspecting that maybe my uterus is not clean why the sperm cells dies.pls. comment...thanks
i heard that info about Cortal and a softdrink... they say that the Cortal tablet should be dissolved in the softdrink with high acidity and drink it, but there are side effects as well, you will feel dizzy and restless.. i dont know if it works, as for preventing getting pregnant, or miscarriage... but some also say that Cytotec is somewhat synonym to Cortal but the use is totally different...

all in all, ask your doctor first and consult your problems.. nobody can share any info about these drugs that are not quite sure yet what it does... but if you do visit your doctor, then he/she can refer you to a drug that could help you...

i am studying as a nursing student, and i have a subject at school that is about drugs (Pharmacology) and as what i have researched, Cortal is an Aspirin... and Cytotec is an anti-ulcer drug, these two drugs are cautioned to be taken by a person who are pregnant or becoming pregnant. It should not be taken without any knowledge about the tablet's dose, dosage, side effects, and many more.. Learn the drug first before taking it... Let the doctor help you...

And as what i have learned, Cortal can be bought in few selected pharmacies.. Some dont allow Cortal to be sold to the market, and to the people... As well as Cytotec.. but still you need to learn the most useful and most reliable methods of birth control...

thanks for reading, i hope my info is useful.. and i am glad to be of great help to you...

thanks ^_^
Will you get pregnant if you had sex the day before your menstrual period?
Is there any possibility for a woman to get pregnant having sex while she has her period??

I hope anyone could give me information.
thank you....
no not likely to get pregnant on your period or the day before or the day after.

people dont ovulate that quickly. ovulation happens about 14-16 days after your lmp (going by the first date)

use bc if you dont want to be pregnant
hi..
after reading all these comments here...i really am very confused!please do help me too..i am taking cortal to prevent me from getting pregnant.that was what people tell me and my boyfriend too..they said it was effective.can anyone give me information about this medicine?i am now afraid.... :'(
if your taking a certian medication didnt it come with instructions or didnt the doctor talkt to you about it?

i have no idea about it at all but i would think your doctor explained it to you
cytotec is  also a medicine use for abortion.you may put it into your vagina or it can be oral. cortal also use for abortion minimum of 2-4 tablets and a beer.it will surely abort the baby. and for the girls that is drinking cortal after sex with a softdrinks said to be effective. it kills the sperm inside your body. that is the belief of other.
pls. avoid this drugs for preventing pregnancy.3 days after menstrual cycle is the safest day for having sex.5 days before and 5 days after is also good, it will not easily gt you pregnant.practice natural and safe sex...good day!
why would you recomend a woman takes a pill to kill her baby and then take a "beer"?!!
no!!, im just saying thats how it works. drink the pill and intend of water drink it with a beer. many are curious, i just put a clarification on their question about it.. im not in favor of abortion... if the couple is not ready to have a child practice safe sex by not drinking anything. that they would regret it in the future...
.,i'am student.. and i want to know if drinking cortal is effective to prevent pregnancy..?? me and my boyfriend have sex on december 1 and until now i did not have my menstruation.? is this a sign that i will be pregnant.. but i take cortal every morning and after we do the sex... i'am afraid pls help me.. i'am not yet ready to have a child.. what else can i do to prevent me to get pregnant..???
.. we are on the same boat.. but i want to abort it if im really pregnant... until now i dont have my period.. but i think im really am pregnant. my friend advised me to take cortal 3 times a day.. and stop taking it until i have my mentruation.. good luck! but i advise u to take pills wen u sex after aborting ur baby this time if you're not really ready .. Norethisterone Ethinyl Estradiol may do.. its Micropil.. on the first week you'll be taking the pills use an additional method of protection until u hav taken the first 7 pills.. this is only for the first month you take the pill.
that's a great advise!! hehehe thanks.. i'll do it with beer..
what a selfish, selfish person you are.
plan a... don't screw without protection, plan b is to be an adult, live up to your responsibilities,  and not be a slave to your desires or cultural pressures.
be smart and don't laugh about killing a baby. (i can't wrap my mind around that one!) don't let the media persuade you...it's wrong...they could care less.
i was involved in such a terrible  decision when i was younger and i am now 1 child short.
i still mourn, especially when i see my 2 children...your adult mind will hopefully supercede your immature, juvenile behaviors. when you grow older you'll hopefully grow wiser.
human sperm coupled with human egg equals human baby...whether 2,4,8,16,32,64,... cells. look at a basic biology textbook. it's not a tree, a frog, a mule...it's your child.
be glad your mother wasn't so self-centered. rarely is ANYONE ready to have a baby...but it all works out....nothing can melt your heart more than when your eyes meet your child's eyes.
i have thought of that already.. i actually can't do it.. that's why i decided to take the responsibilities as i should, anyway it's not my baby's fault of being created, it's our carelesness... but good.. i have my period, im not pregnant.. maybe im just too young to think of those stupid stuff.. but you know what.. i feel very sorry about myself.. i dont know what to do now.. i have just made myself into a situation i haven't thought i would be getting into.. now im getting married.. after how many months.. it's just now that i have realized that im not yet ready.. but i made myself locked into a situation i dont know how would i get off... huhuhu but i think everything is too late.. i feel very bad,... i have not even proven myself worth to this guy im into.. i was really depressed the time we had a relationship.. but i was like poured out with cold water realizing that i don't really know where im into... i want to prove my self worth... is it too late? :(
hi, sorry if i was too agressive in my unsolicited reply. truly i am. it's just that society today doesn't value life. your response is puzzling. what do you mean by...

"i have just made myself into a situation i haven't thought i would be getting into.. now im getting married.. after how many months.. it's just now that i have realized that im not yet ready.. but i made myself locked into a situation i dont know how would i get off..."

it seems that you are NOT pregnant...yay. but are you somehow trapped into getting married? if you are not ready, marriage won't work. LOVE should dictate this decision...not others feelings. it is just as unfair to marry someone whom you may not "be ready" for as it is to yourself. How old are you? 19, 20? you have a lot of life ahead of you! be patient! also, you say that, " i have not even proven myself worth to this guy im into"...#1 you have self worth and are a beautiful person and if he loves you he already knows of your "worth"! #2 you say a guy you are "into"..what does that mean? you don't mention LOVE. i am praying for you to be rescued from your self torment. i am a Christian...not a bad word...only faith in Christ can truly save you. i am46 yrs old pharmacist and have had a super tragic life..from sex abuse, to death of all my siblings, to almost going blind...and that's just the tip of it! i am the happiest man i know! talk to your pastor or someone you can confide in. listen with your heart, not your mind and emotions. you can't and won't please everyone. i'll be thinking of you and sending prayers up to God 4 you! oh yeah, by your response it shows that you already know of your self-worth!
l,j
Is it really effective and safe to drink cortal? you said that your pregnant and after drinking cortal you had your meanstration period. I just want to know if this table is safe cause I am in the same situation as you are. Please help me Im not ready yet to have a baby even thou Im 25yrs old I have alot of plans and needs to help and support my family.
i also practise unsafe sex but i take cortals with coke and i think its effective coz i had my menstretion period.
hei guyz..im new here..i have a story yo share about drinking cortal..wanna hear it??
i'm waiting for your answers guyz..i wont share it unless some of you tells me so..it's really interesting
Charting got me a BFT! I truly reccoment reading the book "Taking Charge Of Your Fertility".. It will really give you the best information on the hows and whys. Its about $25 for a new book at Borders but I believe u can purchase a used for a way cheaper price.
Its totatally worth every penny. especially if all of your pap tests come back normal. Good Luck!
is there any bad effect after you have drink cortal with a softdrink?? is there a possible that u become infertile?
can you share about drinking cortals..im interested...plzzzzz
I am just curios if what is cortal? I hear it every now and then that this medicine is really effective contraceptive...anyone can share to me Why? I think there's no assurance using cortal?just asking.....Hehehehehe
pls tell me wat is effective a cortal it can be abort??/pls help me.. i need you help im taking 1wik a cortal but no happen pls guided me..tnxx
I and my bf had sex on feb.11..this was my first time having sex...but we don't use a condom..we use withdrawal method..my menstration period was on feb.17..because I am afraid that there was left sperm on me..i take cortal coke the day we done it..I dont mix the cortal into coke..Is that effective??i'm so afraid..i dont wanmt to be pregnant..plz help me..I'm confuse..what shuold I do..I also had a irregular menstration...plz help me...
i am 19 yrs old taking cortal aspirin ... im really scared very scared because im taking this drug with to much dose but still im not yet experiencing my menstruation in 2 months and a half ... my last period is feb.4 but until now i dont have any menstruation ... im really afraid now ... im afraid to tell it to my family and too afraid to have a baby in an early age ... pls help me...pls offer me other med. to take... i also knew this cytotec thing but really i also ask for some drug store that this drug is face out meaning it mihgt be band for releasing it to the public .... im really afraid now ... i know this is bad but then i really have to do this .... i sop-pause i will find a better answer with my prob. pls help me pls... thank you ...
may i ask if i can already take a pill after my injectable expires?and without waiting for my menstruation?thanks!
have you tried pregnancy test kit? positive or negative??
I do have frends who are med students as well who took cortal + coke 1-3days after their sexual intercourse but on a case to case basis...like if they are sure that their mates are 101% sperm blown out inside... i heard that cortal is used only upto 1-3days after their intercourse beyong that itwill not be effective. but i tell u guys that having a practice of drinking it  every after your sexual intercourse may have an adverse effects in the future...advise! dont use this drug often or consider it as a pill because it's not.

They also try drinking a glass of blended ampalaya...for the same purpose and is proven effective plus the fact that it has no side effects.

I have also read other posts here that they are delayed in a weeks...if so why not buy a PT to be sure if you're pregnant or not... PT are can be used after 3days of your recent sexual intercourse.

Too, I am a med student and responsible to take care of our patients and not to kill them...If you're pregnant why not take responsible of your mistakes... You should be able to face the future consequences of your doings...REMEMBER: One mistake will not corrected by ANOTHER mistake...

all issues I've read were all in contrary,some says that cortal have an effect of
abstaining from pregnancy together with coke. other says that case was unproven...
can anyone tell me which is true?
i admit i also take cortal today(4 tablets + 1can coke)exactly , since i have unprotected sex yesterday...
i have irregular flow also..
pwd poh bah mg tnong?
i have no idea for the cortal aspirin,..

is that safe for the womens???

nka2baog poh bah ang cortal,..plz pki sgot ng clearly???

another one,..when it will get fertile the women???