embarrasing problem...could my clitoris be infected?

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: medical conditions, general health, and management.

I have noticed this fishy smell, not from the inside of my vagina but from my clitoris. I am on my period right now so maybe it is from that? It doesn't seem to be too strong of a smell, but I am worried that other people might be able to smell it. Is this normal? I have never heard of it before...and I for sure want it to go away. I am planning on going to the doctor, but wanted to see if maybe anyone knew what this could be cuz I am totally clueless. Thanks so much in advance for all your advice.  
I think this is normal and your fine.. but I'm no expert. See if it's still there after your period ends.
Are u also having itching?  It could be something you ate.  I experience this problem sometimes when I eat fish or seafood.  Its worse during my period.  When I urinate the odor is EXTRA loud.
Ash,
Your clitoris could be infected, however, I assure you that it would be incredibly sore and painful to the touch.  When you have stopped menstruating, take a warm bath and wash your vaginal/vulva area with Summer's Eve Intimate Wash.  This is the best product on the market to wash your vaginal and anal areas.  It's pH balanced and that is very important to the vaginal environment.  Okay, everything is clean, and you shouldn't notice any bumps or pimple type lesions.  Make sure when you clean yourself that you pull the skin that protects the "pearl" (very sensitive head) of the clitoris down and clean well.  It's like a shrunken uncircumcised penis.  

Also, notice the rest of the vaginal area. Look for anything that looks abnormal or that is swollen and sore etc.  Also check for warts.  Genital warts can look exactly like the vaginal skin making it hard to diagnose on your own.  The reason I say to look for these is that they can give off an odor.  If the odor smells like "fish" it is most likely bacterial and can be cleared with antibiotics.  Also, there are other infections, bacterial, parasitic that can cause a full range of foul odors that are not normal.  You need to be seen by a Nurse Practitioner or a Doctor to have these abnormal things checked out.  People through the years have heard women's genitals be linked to fish, tuna etc.  THIS IS NOT NORMAL!!  THERE SHOULD BE NO ODOR OF YOUR VAGINA IF EVERYTHING IS COOL!
I hope that everything turns out fine.  Don't wait, take care of yourself!
KTowne commented on TMI. picture. mucous ...
13 mins ago
specialmom commented on specialmom's status
Shannon79 uploaded new photos
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals