embarrassing bikini line ingrown hairs

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

embarrassing bikini line ingrown hairs

im 17 years old and got my first bikini wax about a year ago at a beauty salon. it worked well at first but as i have continued to get the hair removed i have had a huge increase in ingrown hairs all around my pubic area (or where ever i remove hair) i had to stop going to a professional to remove the hair because of pure embarrassment so had to switch to using at home products. i have used everything from shaving, hot wax, wax strips, hair removal creams, ingrown hair creams, and electric shavers all designed to be used on 'that region' but all have the same result of removing the hair and leaving me with multiple descent sized red spots all over the place. i release some of the inbedded hair correctly that is close to the surface but even that doesnt work as the area stays red for weeks after and sometimes ends up bruising. this has been a constant problem for me and i can not remember the last time i had confidence in a bikini because of it. i am sick of having really low self confidence caused by the spots and would hugely appreciate any tips as to how to be rid of at least some of them so i can stop wasting so much time and money on researching ways to help my problem.

thanks :)    
Hi Hayley,

You should try The Cool Fix.  You can find it in Sephora stores for $25 for a 5.3 oz bottle.  It reduces redness, itchiness, ingrown hairs, and razor burns.  Hope this recommendation helps!
hi there , i have stretch marks on my legs, they just appeared out of no where!, i dont know how to get rid of them?
this makes me very self consise about myself and really dont like to show my body off infront of people , please help?
KTowne commented on renae176's status
57 mins ago
KTowne commented on KTowne's status
58 mins ago
KTowne Definitely starting to feel... Comment
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals