getting pregnant and irregular periods

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

getting pregnant and irregular periods

i've had an irregular period every since i've had one. i'll skip sometimes two months at a time. and sometimes i'll get one every month for a few months.  i don't get cramps and if i do they are not bad. now my husband and i wanna have children. i'm wondering if its gonna be a big problem with us trying to concieve (conceive)? and if so what can we do to make it easier?  should we be worried
I would suggest BBT charting and an ovulation kit to see if you are ovulating and when since your AF's are irregular.  You also might want to discuss it with your Dr.  Best of luck to you!! Jen
When you miss a period it is often b/c you are not ovulating.  Of course, there are other reasons that you may miss a period, but if this happens pretty often, then I'd guess you are not ovulating regularly.  Obviously, if you don't ovulate then you won't be able to get pregnant.  There are a lot of reasons you could be anovulatory, but most often it is caused by PCOS.  You may want to do a search on this and see if it sounds similar to what you experience.  You need to see your GYN and tell them you and DH are ready to TTC and that you have these concerns about your cycle.  In the meantime there are other things that you do.  You can start BBT charting, but this really works better for women who have a fairly regular cycle.  Still, look into b/c it will likely be somewhat helpful.  You can also try using OPKs, but this has it's downside too.  First off, they can be a bit expensive and sense you don't know when to expect ovulation then you may have to use several of them.  Also, OPKs don't work for everyone.  At any rate, try not to panic.  There are a lot of different herbs and medications that will help with your cycle.  I hope everything turns out OK.  Let us know what you find out.
I agree with the first two posts. I would make an apt to see my OB/GYN and talk to them about it, then start charting your basal body temperature, and use ovulation predictor kits. you can buy these cheaper online at places like saveontests.com. I don't have very regular cycles either, but charting helped me conceive. Good luck to you.
i appreicate all the comments.  i just don't want to feel as if i can't have children. when i got older, me getting periods got better.  when i was younger, periods didn't come that often.  but i will discuss these ideas wit my gyn. thanks alot
I had irregular periods for a long time,it would be months that would pass and I wouldn't get my period, then after not having my period for six months, I got pregnant with my second child. So I said all that to say, there is hope, and don't be discouraged.
hi i also have the same problem like the first post. my periods skip one month and then it comes the next or sometimes if comes every month for a couple of months also and then it starts to skip again. im concern too because i want another child and its hard to tell when i ovulate. so here i am writing. does anyone know any over the counter or any natural herps that can help bring a delayed period? if yes of any can anyone explain which medications and herps in detailed instrutions how to consume it. thank you.
i would say go on birth control to try and regulate your periods.
Hy I can't feell pain in first sex and get period next day em I pregnent ?