Women's Health Community
gonorrhea in my mouth???
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

gonorrhea in my mouth???

I have been having a sore throat for a week now. During each day it will get really sore and then sort of go away for awhile before coming back. I looked at my throat in the mirror and it does not seem to be red or anything, its just sore. I dont have any other symptoms of being sick. I have had oral sex and I would like to know if it sounds like I might have a gonorrhea infection in my mouth.
Related Discussions
6 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
oh, I forgot to mention, my boyfriends brother had strep throat about a week ago but I started hanging around him the day after my throat started hurting, so I guess it could be strep throat but I dont think so since my throat hurt before.
Blank
134578_tn?1404951303
It would not surprise me at all if it were possible to get in the mouth any STD that can be gotten in the vagina.  Do you think the person with whom you had oral sex has gonorrhea?  Even if not, I would get checked.  Tell the doc you had oral sex and are worried it might be a sexually transmitted infection, and let him or her take it from there with tests, etc.  Good luck, sweetheart!
Blank
I wawnt to know if there anyway to tell the difference between gonorrehea of the mouth and strep throat. It hurts even more, I cant swollow, talk or even open my mouth with out the pain getting worse. I'm seeing my doctor tomorrow so hopfully I can get this fixed.
Blank
145992_tn?1341348674
It could be anything, you could have herpes simplex I or you could have strept throat.  The only way you are going to find out is by going to your doctor.  

Good luck, hope all is well!!
Blank
you may have mono. i have seen a few girls get it in the past few weeks because they have lets just say assisted the "blow" with their mouth. They have told me this is possible. So this is another possibility. Be careful.
Blank
I think its just a virus, it feels ALOT better, if it was an STD I dont think it would be getting better... right? I was worried my boyfriend had been cheating on me but now I dont think he has.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Women's Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...