hair around areola, stomach, bikini line...when does it stop!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Does anyone else out there have hair around their areolas..not just a few...a lot.  What about hair on their stomach..what some people call the "love line".  I am SICK of hair..I don't know what to do!  I even have hair "few" on my chest and shoulders.  I was told I have too much male hormone....don't believe that then I also wouldn't have a problem being sexually active.  I have no disire in that area.  Is there another person like this out there?  Please help.  How do I calm the hair growth?  Wipe it out?
I believe its common for everyone to have hair on their bikini line and on their stomach. As far as the areola goes, i have a few that tend to come out every once in a while but not a bunch. I know what you mean though about having a lot of hair. dont feel left out. there are many other female out there alike!
Shave all of it off. I do and I love it. It is not that much maintance, I shave even my arms. I can not stand hair that that was an easy solution. But considering that you haven't and you might consider going that route try getting a wax the first time.

That is if your interested in doing something like that.
It's often nice to know that you are not the only one who has these problems.  I also have hair around my areolas. There are probably 10-15 hairs in all but they are very thick and long (and unsightly).  I also just shave them off.  I also have a very sparse "love line" that goes up to my belly button with thick ugly hairs.  Again, I just shave it off.  You can tweeze them and they stay away for longer, but that can get a bit painful (but pain is temporary, right?)
I don't have hair around my nipples, but I do have very think dark hair everywhere else. I just shave most of the time. I really like the after effects of waxing, it just takes so long to grow it out that long I feel gross. My biggest problem area is my armpits. The can be smooth as silk and you can still the the dark follicles. I used to get comments in high school like "forget to shave this morning?". I'm a very self conscience person anyway and that didn't help. I used to tweeze them every night. We all, I think, have something like that we can't stand.
I shave (around areolas) but it seems to be worse when I do this.  My hair grows so fast that sometimes it's like what's the use.  LIke the lady above...even when I shave my legs, arm pits...all of it...you can still see the folicles.  I am very white..dark headed, so I have heard that the laser hair removal works well on this type of person.  hum...wonder how much a all over body hair removal would cost?  :)  My husband doesn't seem to be bothered with it don't know why.  I've talked to my doctor and he said this was common...there is medication I could take but it only controls the hair growth...it does nothing for what is already there...  I guess what makes it hard on me is the fact that neither one of my sisters nor my mom  has this problem.  Lucky me...I inherited this hair growth from my dad.  

Thanks for your comments.
Do you have Polycystic Ovarian disease? That causes your body to produce male hormones which can result in facial and body hair.
It also causes obesity and infertility.
I'm not a doctor, just someone who has multiple health problems and has had to research, study and learn.
Also, I've read that being premenopausal can bring about extra hair because of declining estrogen levels.

Lyndaloo
Has anyone found out if this a hormone problem because i hate hair on my stomach
YES IM ONE of those ppl too. im 13 years old and im ebarassed to dress in front of the girls in the lockers because i have hair in my stomach chest breast and on the side of my face i get made fun off and i really want to stop this problem of shaving with a razor and im embarassed to talk to my mom about me waxing it.
i too have the very thick, black hair that grows around my areolas and down the stomach.  for myself, it seems to be getting worse around my areolas.  there are probably about 10-15 hairs on each breast!  until i can afford laser treatment (if it would even help) i just pluck out all the hairs out after taking a hot shower.  the heat opens the follicles or something.  you cant even feel it after the hot shower...does anyone have some sort of reason why this is going on?  my ob said it was normal, i just dont think thats true.  yes, the fine peach fuzz hair is normal but the thick black hairs are not
I have a lot of body hair. I think its completely normal. Forget all the poly cystic ovarian syndrome ****, or male hormone. It's natural for women to have body hair. It's not high testosterone just because we have thick hair on our tummies and breasts. You have to consider your family traits too. My mother's side of the family aren't very hairy on the body, but they have long thick black hair. My father side of the family women's hair is shorter but even more thick that my mom's side of the family and they have a lot of body hair on their faces, and their arms. So naturally I came out to be the human chinchilla. I don't mind. I personally like to see how long it will get. LOL. A Little shave, wax, depilatory, or laser treatment will take care of it if you have that much issue with the hair. Sometimes rotating treatments, like going from shaving to waxing to depilatory is good depending on how convenient you want the hair removal in my opinion.
I'm 17 yrs old and I have belly hair, whenever I was younger I had it and my dad told me to shave it and I did....the hair does come back thicker. I like it and my boyfriend likes it to but I'm embarresed of it in front of people. Like I can't wear a bikini in the summer cuz I'm afraid people will make fun of it. Help I guess?
My nipple hairs are almost 2 inches long and my boyfriend loves them.  I have seen a lot of naked women being a nurse, and you would be surprised how many girls and women have hairs on their nipples.  The majority do.  It is like every girls secret!  
I also have hair all over my stomach, and it's even on my back and my buttocks. I have had a doctor do a hormone check, and they have yet to say anything is wrong. I also have irregular periods, but they say that is normal when someone starts young like I did. I'm not sure what to do about it; I shave, but my hair grows quickly. Just know you're not alone.
hi everyone!gosh i thought i was the only ONE.i've been to doctor checked my testoterone level and dhea(whatever that is) hormone.testos. was normal dhea was a bit higher than "normal" but according to my research no one has proven what dhea really does in the body.

i have hair around nipples/areola and my stomach hair became WORSE after shaving,i just recently had a few chin hair!that's what got me to the doctor.i'm scheduled for a CT scan of pelvic tomorrow morning but guess what?i'm cancelling it because my sister has the same hair issue.and what does that say??GENES!!
Hi Oy I hate my body hair, I pluck the hairs around the nipple and lower tummy out. Its awful I am covered in hair ... on my arms it is thick because I have shaved in the past...now I just bleach them with Sally Hansen and trim them with scissors. The  hair everywhere else is soft but dark. It is course almost pubic like where I have plucked as I mentioned before around the nip and on the lower tummy. I have dated my boyfriend for 7 years now and  I have hidden my body hair except for the arms which he only barely noticed or well mentioned because I get lazy and dont bleach. In the summer or when I know we are going to get intimate I bleach my whole body my arms my lower back my butt my entire tummy on my entire chest literally my "whole body" . THe creme hair bleach is like 5 bucks a box it takes almost two to bleach my bod. I just wish I was hairless only hair I want is on my head. But I too cannot wait till I can afford laser hair removal. The main areas I want to get done are around the nipple and on the lower tummy
its been really good reading this! I have the same problem... the thing is although i know ALOT of girls clearly are having the same problem and insecurity, like most girls that I know & see partially naked, are hairless! like completely! or they have really really fine blonde hair. some of these girls are my best friends and if they saw the areas of me which are stubbornly hairy, what would they think or say? It's not like i can be confident or rub it off, because that would be fake, i genuinly dont like them either! women WANT to feel like women, they want to be hairless (unless their into being hairy- which some are! & thats cool for them!) but for those who arent cool with it- it's just **** for our self esteem. If women no matter what height & size can look in the mirror & be hairless, or atleast alot less hairy, that would be a massive confidence boost. Wats worse is that i have a pretty good stomach for a girl, and ive always shown it off, im now 21, and before i could just about cover it up with bleaching! now... they are getting longer & thicker & i started to get hair around my nipples a couple years ago, but they werent notticable... now they are! im only 21! in the last 2 years hair has grown thicker & longer. (and i am naturally dark brown haired) what is it going to be like in the next 2 years? that scares me. I'm a poor student, i cant afford lazer treatment! but i also dont wana waste my youth when i have half decent body hiding, specially in my favourite season.. summer!  
Alright.... Obviously it's a really common problem and there are lots of us out there. Lets stop hiding!! Say yes to bikini's!! Imagine what life would be like for us if we didn't have to feel embarassed anymore!! The reason why we have felt ashamed is because we all felt like something was wrong with us...  well now we know that we are normal. Until we can all afford laser hair removal lets embrace who we are and love our hairy bodies!! I guarentee the only person who cares is you.
i too have hair on by stomach and nipples. i started shaving it about 3 years ago because one of my friends made fun of me and ever since i have hated my belly, the hair is now very stubly and sharp, my boyfriend doesnt knwo because ive never taken my shirt off or let him even touch my stomach, he wants to know why im like this but im too embarrased to tell him, its causing alot of problems in our relationship, he just wants to touch me and see me completely naked but im afraid that if i show him he wont love me anymore, i just want it to go away but the more i shave it the worse it gets.
Where do I begin?! Well, I haven't done any research but I do believe the hair on my areola, stomach, bikini line, neck, side of face & amongst many other places is a result of me inheriting it from my father or maybe even pre-menopause. It's just awful & I really wish their was a way to remove this excess hair without waxing, or shaving. Possibly, a hair removal treatment that isn't too costly. When someone comes up with a great idea on how to remove it, be certain to let me know.
Wow, it boosts my self esteem a little bit to see all these other girls with this problem too.. But man, I wish our society didn't have all these unwritten rules about how a girl should look. It would save alot of worry, hurt, and embarrassment if we didn't judge others based on their physical features. It really *****. I mean, we could either accept ourselves and others for who we are, or we could go get a pair of tweezers and pluck all our hairs out...
Hi i have hair around my nipples, on my stomach and a few coming out of my neck and chin.  It is embarrassing.  I also found out after seeing a reproductive endocrinologist that I have a an autonomic problem that causes the syndorm known as PCOS.  I did not want to go on birthcontrol again so I asked that the doctor if there was anything I could try first.  he put me on 400 mg of Magnesium.  I looked up a lot of information on Magnesium and it turns out that magnesium defeciencies can cause a lot of problems such as diabeties and heart arhythmias.  PCOS is related to diabetes and so I made the connection.  I have been on the Magnesium for about a month and my face is clearing up... as for the hair it is not budging.  I suggest that you check with an endocrinologist and see what is wrong with your hormones and autonomic system, which controls your hormones.  This may be able to solve the hair problem if you are willing to take drugs.

Good luck and until then, pluck with clean tweezers and use alcohol immediately after.  

Things to ask your doctor to check:  Prolactin levels, Estrogen Levels, Progesterone Levels, Magnesium levels, glucose level, White blood cell level, and testosterone levels.
I paid $300 for a set of five laser treatments on my stomach.  I highly recommend it.  Now I can show off my tummy and be proud.  Save your money, skip the lattes and new clothes, and get laser when you have more cash.
can anyone tell me baby have any problem in feeding if his/her mother have hairs around nipple
i am a 16 year old girl and ive delt with embarrassing hairs on my arms and legs since i was about 7 or 8. i used to wear jackets in the summer time because i was afraid that the kids would tease me. i shaved once in a while but now i have more hair all over my body than i have time to deal with. i have hairs on my breast, between my breast, stomach, sides of face, under my chin, arms, legs, fingers toes and my back. the hair isnt that thick but its still embarrasing. shaving takes too long and waxing myself doesnt always worktoo well for me. i dont like guys kissing me bcuz i dnt want them too close to my face. im very self conscience and its driving me crazy and im so young, i just hope it doesnt get worse when i get older. there seems theres no solution...
i to have hair on my stomach and it is very embarassing. I hate it when i see people in magazines wearing a bikini and are completly hairless, it just makes me feel like im unlucky. in the summer i used to always were one pieces too not show off my hairy stomach, and people would ask me, why do u keep wearing 1 piece. then i would have to lie and say that i like to wear them, i mean i dont mind them, but thats not the reason. but its just not fair how some woman get to show off their stomach and we r stuck with 1 pieces or waxing, ect... i wish i could be one of those girls.
I have to wax below the belly button and bleach above. Waxing ruined the above hairs for me. It made them grow longer and darkerso be careful with waxing actually. I hate it i wish i didn't have such hairy genes but there is nothing you can do about it. bleaching above ***** because since they are so long you can still really see them. its just not a goodidea to nair or wax them for that made it way worse for me. I also have alot of hair between my breasts and that bothers me too but i have never noticed anyone staring at it. Good luck everyone know that i too have the same exact problem
I'm 16, and I have the same thing. I'm just trying to work through it. I went to the doctor,  and he gave me a hormone test, and it turned out my hormones are just fine. So, for me, apparently it's all genetics. My dad is Italian, so I got his darker skin, but the hair came with it- my little sister has it too, lots on her legs, a bit of upper lip, starting on her stomach and back, and she's only 9. But I have a feeling she'll have it worse because she has lighter skin then I do, so it'll be more obvious.
I wear a one piece suit, I worry about people seeing the hair on my face, and though there is an awesome guy interested in me, I'm afraid that if he found out, he would be disappointed. It may be silly, but I worry about being kissed too, because I don't want a guy that close to my face. At least I know I'm not alone- you know, the doc said at least 10% of women have it.
I feel relieved knowing that I am not the only one. I have dark hair on my stomach, chin, the side of my face, upper lip. I shave from my belly button down and sometimes pluck because of ingrown hairs and bleach above my belly button. I also pluck the hairs on my chin and the side of my face and either wax or pluck above my lip. I have kept this a secret from my husband for 6 years now. It's very embarrising and now I am pregnant and my belly is making me very self concious. I try to take care of it the best I can but it seems like every year it just keeps getting darker and thicker...what's going to happen when I'm 40?? I believe I will get laser treatment done at some point in time when I am ready to let me husband know...I am hoping that will help! Once again I am glad to know there are a lot of us out there with the same problems!!! Good luck to everyone and try not to let it bring down your quality of life, just try and manage it the best you can
well, reading all these comments has definitely boosted my self confidence! I've had dark hair on my stomach and around my nipples since 9th grade and I'm 19 now. It ***** that today's society does not approve of people who are different and not the perfect models they show excessively! I hate hair but it happens. I have bleached for years and finds that it works. I never shaved because it grows in much darker and i know this from my bikini line!! For bikini lines I suggest waxing. For the face and stomach/ chest areas, I suggest bleaching as your first alternative before you shave if you like finer dark hair instead of thicker. Bleaching does not rid yourself of hair but makes it very light which i have come to not hate. I am who I am. Also, as far as future mates and boyfriends, I have worried for years about guys rejection towards me because of my stomach/body hair but it turns out that men are out there! If he is the one, ladies, he's going to love all of you! Being hairy is a part of me, yes, it is a hassle but you are who you are and the sooner you can look past these things the less you will worry or care about what others think!
So im glad to see other people have this stomach hair problem. I always been embarrassed espsecially when I was in the girls locker room in high school. I always made sure i wore a tank top under my shirt so my stomach wouldnt show. I guess this hair problem started when I hit puberty around 13. I used to shave it but then I just figured I used a creme removal. Now I use Nair for my stomach and it helps alot. I actally just used it today and now i have a hairless belly! I also shave my arms too. they werent as hairy as I thought they were but when I was 14 i was embarrassed about it and just decided to shave it off and have been doing so for the past 4 years. So i do reccomend you girls to use Nair creme removal. or Veet! Now i feel more confident wearing a bikini knowing I dont have to cover up a hairy tummy! good luck girls. we all have flaws and our own body issues we wish we could get rid of. :)
I'm 14, and this has helped boost my confidence quite a lot, but it still kind of brings it down when I see all of my friends, peers, everyone in my grade wearing bikinis. I swear, it seems like here I'm the only one who even has hair.
Last summer I would shave my arms, legs, bikini area, and stomach. I would've shaved my lower back too, if I could've reached it.
I'm buying an epilator and I'm going to see how that works so I don't have to go to a salon to get waxed, or use the ones for at home.
I hate hair so much. I've been dealing with comments about my arms since I was 6. Plucking/shaping my eye brows since sixth grade (although I see now that I needed it before then), and shaving my legs since fourth of fifth grade.
I just hate hair so much and I want it gone! But it makes me feel a bit better to know I'm not the only one.
I have the same problem, it makes me soo insecure and I can't stand it, I have no confidence so this makes it worse. I feel so alone, I'm not but I feel like it. I'm afraid it will make me seem unattractive... I guess I'll have to deal with it but I can't imagine getting older and not being able to wear a bikini! Thank you everyone for letting me know I'm not the only one.
i have same problem. and i don't know what to do.  i am only 18, and i have a lot of hair everywhere.  i also have thinner hair on my head.. and no hair in some areas on my head.  I went to the doctor tho.  The doctor said my testosterone level was way high. (i had tests done) the doctor put me on birth control and my hair has gotten much thinner on my body. my parents tell me that they see a difference. it is a slight one tho.  i have hair all on my upper lip, stomach, chest, lower back, backside. and back and it still feels very hairy. i also wonder if there is something i can do about it. i've been self conscious since i was in middle school. and i have no idea what to do.  i am glad i am not the only one.
i am so happy to hear that everyone has the same problem as me! i have hair under my belly button, and it is the most frusturating thing in the world, i can never show my friends my stomach and am scared to start a close relationship with a boy who would see my stomach. i should have NEVER waxed or shaved it, i should have just bleached it. and now i dont know what to do because when i shave or wax it it immedietley grows back, dark black and leaves ingrown hairs. i want to see a doctor but i am embarressed. i can never wear a bikini or anything.
should i try lasering? or are there any other methods?
thanks !:)
Hey. once you;ve shaved it its not going to stop.
there is one way of gettin rid of it and that is laser treatmeant, even though it might be a bit expensive it will stop growing!
Hope this helps.
you're all beautiful.
Hello, I thought everyone who has been worrying about excess hair would be interested to see these:

http://assets.nydailynews.com/img/2009/06/19/gal_hair_cole.jpg

Even Cheryl Cole, who is undeniably beautiful and successful, 'suffers' from hair on her stomach!

http://i15.tinypic.com/2meeanm.jpg

Alicia Keys- incredibly talented, gorgeous...and excess hair!

I'm not drawing attention to these women to victimise them in any way but because they acted as an inspiration for me. I was subject to a lot of bullying when i was younger as I had noticably hairier arms than other girls. I am very lucky in that my body hair is fine however it is dark which really affected my confidence for a while. I would spend hours desperately looking through magazines hoping to see a model with dark body hair to prove that I was normal. I've now appreciated that there are far more important things to worry about. The more women who stand proud regardless of what the media consider to be 'flaws' the better.

As for the boys who bullied me, I may have been an ugly duckling but i like to think i am more of a swan now. And more importantly, a confident swan.

So have some perspective, have some fun and STOP WORRYING
It will only give you wrinkles- and then you'll have another thing to worry about.

YOU ARE ALL BEAUTIFUL!

I have hair on my upper lip, chin, stomach and belly. When it really started to bother me, I jumped into laser hair removal right away and spend a lot of money getting it done. Now after a series of very painful treatments, I still have the hair and because of the shaving it is actually worse. I'm not saying don't do laser hair removal, a lot of people have had success with it but just remember when you think of the investment there is a chance it won't work.

Best of Luck!
I have had thick hair on my belly and around my nipples since I hit puberty. I found it extremely embarrassing as I had no instruction of how to get rid of it, and was too scared to ask my mum. The only thing that has boosted my confidence in not caring so much, is deciding to be honest with my boyfriend (now husband) at the time, and he said it didn't bother him at all. In fact, he was the one who reassured me how normal it was on women. I do still epilate/wax/shave my belly, and I pluck the hair from around my nipples, but knowing that he loves me no matter how my hair is makes me worry a lot less.
i started getting hair around when i was 13 i am embarresed to get changed in the changing room so i wear and top under my shirt , my mom says its normal but i know its not, ive just been to the doctors and they have me an appointment for the skin department  but i dont know if they will actually do anything, ive tried using nair and veet but i dont tfind it any use and it takes up time, ive also tried bleaching but its a hassle and i dont think it really does anything. ive read all your cmments and it worries me if its a infertility thing etc i want children and it scares me of not having them. i dont want to tell my boyfriend i ams cared of what he think of me and i dont want to ruin my chances. i dnt know who i get it off in the family as nobdy as a prblem as ive asked them all, my older sibling only has a hiary back but that doesnt bother her. summers coming and im scared because i cant go out in strap tops, it definetly lowers my confidence levels and it annoys me, evry one runs about with theyre bikinis on and i cant even when im too warm. my mum said i might get cream from the hosp. or they could mention the idea of laser treatment i hope something works out because i hate being like this it feels horrible
First of all Im sitting here in tears reading all of these posts! I am 22 yrs old and my biggest insecurity my entire life has been HAIR! I started shaving my legs in elementary school bc I got made fun of so much! My father is of middle eastern decent so needless to say I have dark hair.. everywhere.. The hair on my arms doesnt bother me like it did when I was younger.. I have learned to deal with it.. however the hair on my tummy & other places.. drives me crazy! I am a promotional model, w/ lots of tattoos.. I would love to be able to show them off without havin to feel VERY self conscious about my stomach! I also live in FL so you can imagine how much it ***** to see all the girls in tiny bikinis or shirts showing their stomachs... I read someone got laser hair removal on their stomach.. if that person is reading.. it is gone for good? If so.. it'll def be the one thing I save my money for.. to be rid of this feeling & HAIR is something I have wished for a long time!

<3  thanks for the knowledge I'm not the only one.. I love all of the girls that have posted on this site!
Reading all of the comments has made me better about myself. =]
i also have alots of hair and i always thought it was bad or i was different or an alien, i hate changing in front of people and i dont really wear anything that shows my skin off except my arm hair which i get used to people looking at but everything else i just hide =/
I am 13 years old. I have had belly hair since I was about 11 years old. I have thick black hair, too. My friend invites me to her cottage a lot and we go swimming in a lake. Many of my other friends are usually there, too. My other friends all have bikinis, except for me. I have a tankini. I really want a bikini this year because they're prettier and I haven't worn one in 2 years. I told my mom about my "hair issue" and she said shaving isn't a good idea since I already have black hair, which would grow back really really thick. I don't want to wax because once you start, you have to keep doing it, or else it will turn out weird. I am thinking about using hair-removal cream, but before I do, I am wondering, should I or not? I don't want something bad to happen just because of 1 mistake.
SO, my final question is, "Will using hair-removal cream make my hair grow back faster, thicker, and/or longer?"
I, too, along with many of you ladies who have posted on this site have an issue with excessive body hair.  When I was younger, I didn't stress about it much and then when I noticed that other girls had hairless legs, I decided to use Nair.  My mother is "old school" and disapproved of me shaving.  One thing she said remained true regardless of how I got rid of the hair on my legs, once you start...you can't stop.  That was when I was 13 years old.  Fast forward to my current age (25) and it seems that my problems with hairiness keep on getting worse.  I've tried all of the methods that you all have posted (shaving, waxing, and depilatories) in various areas (legs, bikini area, underarms, buttocks, and even my hands) and everything starts off successful but with each use, I usually regret the results.  Ingrown hairs, itching, and scarring are the repeat offenders.  

In spite of this, I'd like to share a product that I recently discovered while watching "What I Hate About Me" on the Style Network.  To fend off itchiness, ingrown hairs, razor bumps, and redness try THE COOL FIX.  You can find it in Sephora stores (5.3 oz - $25).  It's not a remedy to get rid of the unsightly hair, but it will relieve the symptoms that we experience in our never-ending war with unwanted hair.

In the near future, I plan on getting laser treatment for areas that are difficult for ME to recognize that hair grows there.  Good luck to all of you...and I take comfort in knowing that I am not in alone.

To: Aurora100000 Thanks for showing us that beautiful women in the limelight share this common problem as well.  
Wow, it is so awesome to read all these posts!! Last night, my roommate was exclaiming how she had hair around her belly button & she wasn't even pregnant. She claimed that only women who are pregnant had hair grow. I was scared when she said that because I have hair on my stomach. I was too embarrassed to tell her so I decided to just look it up on the internet & ran into this forum. I too have hair on my stomach, back, shoulders, and some on the aerola & very fine hairs on the chest. I have always been embarrassed & began shaving my stomach. Last summer was the 1st time I wore a bikini in a public place without being ashamed to wear it with the hair on my back/shoulders [I was shaving my stomach]. I just have a lot of hair on my body & it is comforting to hear that other women do too & I am not a freak!!
My younger sister also has the same problem & my mom always says to not freak out. But as girls, we do freak out because we see movie stars/singers who are hairless except for the hair on their head. They are our role models so when we see their stomachs & backs without hair, we automatically assume we are a freak of nature because we do not look like them.
This is sad, but just reading all the posts by you women gives me courage & reassurance that I am not the ONLY girl out there that has too much hair on their body.
I have the exact same problem. I'm 15, and I have terrible hair on my stomach. It makes me soo self conscious, and now I feel like I won't even be able to go swimming this summer. I absolutely love my body, but the ugly hair on my stomach just makes me want to hide myself. :( I started getting it about a year ago, and it's only gotten worse. I have ugly brown scars from ingrown hairs, and I'm mixed (black and white), so the hairs are really dark. I don't know what to do :( Shaving makes it even worse, I've never waxed before, so I only pluck. It makes me want to cry, I want it to just go away!
ive sat here and read almost everyones story and i cant help think of all those boys i didnt talk to and all those times i looked at my stomach and my butt and felt discusted ashamed and alone. im sure we have all cried about it and hated ourselves for it but dont be ashamed, we are all women and we are all beautiful! my current boyfriend and i started dating two years ago and at the begening of the relationship i would never let him touch me or lift up my shirt, but after a while acualy, it was his brother.... we were laying on out stomaches on his bed and the back of my shirt was up his brother sayss... " heather ur back is so hairy"  i said thank you i know! my boyfriend 100% accepted that i have body hair and it means the world to me that he did. i dont know why but i started waxing my stomach about 5 mounths ago, i know its going to come in darker but seriosly, i just dont give a pooop anymore! im happy with who i am, and we all should be! i honestly didnt know this many ppl were having the same problem as mee and thank you for everyone for being honest because i dont feel alone anymore(L)
I suffer from low self esteem due to pubic hair extending down my inner thighs. I cannot wear short shorts and if i wear shorts, i have to wear spandex underneath. This is very annoying and i am super self conscious when i go swimming, bc you can probably tell i shave outside my bikini line. This has given me very low self-confidence and i think that no guy would ever like me the way i am. I can't afford laser treatments. I don't know what to do...
im 14 years old and i have hairs on my stomach. i hate it very much. im really embarrassed about this. i can never wear a bikini because of this also the stretch marks on the side of my stomach they seem to be getting worse. i dont really know what to do. It feels like im the only one like this. i see other girls in the pools and they look perfectly fine. and how i wish i had that kind of body. somebody please help me fix this problem. i want to be a beautiful girl with no worrys about having hairs in my stomach or having stretch marks. i also worry because i think my boyfriend wont like it.
I'm sad to hear about so many people with low self esteem from looking NORMAL. It's perfectly normal to have hair there, most females do. I'm of European descent and am pretty hairy. haha. I would say I am more hairy than my boyfriend is, though I guess I'm lucky enough to have blonde hair. But it's nothing to want to hide or be embarrassed about. There are SO many other worse things that could be, than to be worried about some hair.
Its Normal . . obviosly basically everyone has it here. and those girls in magazines are just computerized. i learned it from 17 magazine. I read on a website that using a pumice stone after using soap in a shower will weaken hair folicles over time. i think thats the safest way to go. dont shave. but if you want to, go ahead, it will make the hair thicker and darker. i have hair on my chest and boobs. and they cause me to have ingrown hairs. it *****. but your not alone :)
Hi...I have suffered from thick black pubic like hairs around my belly button since i was about 18. They go all the way from my belly button downwards. Recently similar hairs started to appear around my nipples, first one or two and now there are at least 5 of these thick black hairs on each side. I am terrified that this problem will keep going. I currently use hair removal creme but find it irritating that after using the hair removal on my stomach it still feels prickly, like it doesn't quite get all the way down to the root. This is sooo frustrating as I'm terrified my new boyfriend will at some point run his hands over my stomach and feel the hairs or prickles!!

I don't know what caused this and I am unsure if perhaps waxing would be better?.. I know that waxing around my belly button downwards will be ok but does anyone know if it is safe to wax around the nipples? This is amazing that others have the same problem. I have cried over this many times!  Reading this has actually made me feel alot better :)
Well ladies I am so happy to know that I'm now alone. I also have a " hair problem" I am 23 soon and have a little girl and a wonderful man but I cant stand my body. I have tried to talk to my boyfriend..Shawn.. about it but I just cry and cry , cant say a word. he asks me " where are all the razors going" ..what cant I say?Are sex life has  virtually stopped ow can I feel like a sexy woman when I have body hair?? I miss my life, I miss my body. I have hair on my face now and have to shave it EVERY DAY! my tummy arms FEET!! I cant even ware nice shoes.I have hear that electrolysis works and is much cheaper then lazer removal. Its almost like even as I sit here I can feel the hairs all over my body...I make my self sick. If I get the electrolysis I will post back .

-E
Oh I had no idea so many women had the same problem! This is very reassuring ^__^. At the moment I'm going through laser treatment for removing the hairs in those areas permanently. Because of my brown skin I need more sittings than usual. I think it is the most wonderful decision i made (as opposed to shaving and waxing). Laser treatment doesn't hurt much, and after 8 sittings, one each month, the hairs are permanently banished! I'm having my third sitting next week, and already the growth of the hairs have slowed drastically.
I'm 17 and this problem has been emotionally traumatic since i was 14. I avoided intimacy and even now I've never had a boyfriend because I'm terrified of anyone knowing about this problem. Also, I love dancing and it was awful having to restrict my movement because of my fear that someone might see the hair. None of my friends have the same problem and the only family in my life is my father. But when I finally told him, he was very understanding and took a lot of effort to find a good doctor to treat me.The procedure only costs 100 euros a sitting.
Although my previous attempts of shaving, which led to ingrown hairs have left scarring on my tummy (I get scars VERY easily), I feel enormous relief that the hairs are almost gone and it's only my third sitting.
Hope this helps ^_________________^
i also have hairs on my whole body but im more embarrased that i have hairs on my breasts, chest, stomach, butt, back, and my feet. i wish i could dress pretty without worrying about the hair.i have a lot of hair in those parts, thick and thin. it always makes me self concious of how ugly my body is when i see pretty people able to show their stomach and i cant. i cant even wear a bikini because it is bad. i want help about what i can do, please. i feel uncomfortable when im around girls and even my family/relatives showing skin because i cant do that because of the hairs. i also dont like wearing open toe shoes. i usually wear professional shirts because its the only clothes that go with me, i cant wear showing (but not showing that much) shirts. im happy im not alone in this because sometimes i feel like crying thinking why me. please help me with ur opinions. thanks a lot.
Has anyone had laser hair removal around areola after breast augmentation surgery or know anyone who has had this? I am wondering if it is safe.
I knew I wasn't the only women who suffered from this, but I didn't know how many others there are. It is very encouraging to hear from ya'll. I know in todays society we should be worried about more important things like war and famine, but honestly, I find it hard to when, I am a woman, but look like a hairy man. Not to be too weepy, but the most humiliating event was when I went to the doctor at 11 or 12 (when I "became a woman") and the doctor (a woman) actually gasped. So from about then I always felt that something was wrong with me, I mean if a doctor thinks its wrong then it must be wrong. I loathed my friends because these beautiful blonde and brunette and even black haired women would complain about not having shaved for a week (they had no hair) and I had a jungle after the first day of shaving (at 14 years old).

Lets all just start our own country, the Amazon women!

LOL

LOL
I have had these hair problems myself, and then in my late 20's I suddenly gained weight (sz. 0-12 in 6 mo). I also have problems with body acne. I went to the Ob/Gyn to talk about fertlity stuff cuz we wanted to conceive & it wasn't happening. After talking and a few tests, I was diagnosed with PCOS (Polycystic Ovary Syndrome). I did eventually conceive (w/o fertility drugs-MIRACLE), but my problems with the weight, hair and acne are still with me. I find it terribly embarrassing, especially the acne since it has literally destroyed my skin all over my body. The hair I remove by shaving or plucking, and no one but my husband sees my butt, so I just leave it alone. Though depilatory cream works best for that area. I would go see a ob.gyn or an endocrinologist to see if you have PCOS. It causes high androgen levels, which causes the symptoms. They can prescribe an anti-androgen if you don't want or are done having children. It is important to address PCOS because it effects your visceral organs. I have had problems with my liver for 7 yrs and my cholesteral levels are not good either, no matter what i do and how well I eat. I'm not overly heavy, just about 15 lbs or so overweight, but I have to fight hard to keep my weight in check. There isn't a lot of info on PCOS, most Dr's don't know what to do w/it or dont diagnose it b/c they dont know enough about it, but I have learned a lot thru my own experience. They will most likely tell you to watch your diet and work out vigorously, and you may get an Rx for the hair issue. Hope this info helps.
wow, after reading this it made me smile.
now i know that other women have the same problem too. i'm noy confident about showing my belly because of the hairs. it scares me that people are going to look at me disgusted and stuff. i see my friends with no hair and i makes me feel bad because i always have to wear something that covers it. I have shave three times and nair once and they grow back normal but it scares me that if i keep shaving its going to grow thick and black. i dont shave often since i usually wear tanktops and i try to hide it.
im scare to tell my mom and for doctor appointments i usually shave so they dont say anything about it .i'm a teen and its scary.
but im happy that theres other women that have the same problem.
I'm 25, hairy everywhere. My husband is older and hairier. We're going to have hairy little monkey children!
I'm obsessive about a close shave, so the nairs and veets never cut it for me. I looked hairless, but the touch proved otherwise. Having sensitive skin, my close shave would leave me with irritation and ingrown hairs. A family member turned me on to shaving with baby oil (I've been using the fast absorbing kind). It makes sense -- men lubricate their electric razors. The first day feels smooth with much less irritation then shaving with a cream or gel. But the next day the bumps are back, and I'd have to wait days to shave again (had to give my skin a chance to settle down). The bumps on my stomach were the worst. They'd itch as bad as poison ivy. So then I did a little research into treating razor burn, and tried some home remedies, and the best one I've tried yet is this : after shaving with baby oil (I always make sure to wash the rest of the baby oil off with soap), I dry off. I put about 10 non-coated aspirins in a cup with about a teaspoon of water, and swirl it around until it the aspirins have dissolved into a paste. Then I take that paste and rub it on the areas prone to irritation or areas that have ingrown hairs. The gritty mixture sort of acts as an exfoliant at the this point. After I'm thoroughly coated in white, I let it sit for about 15 minutes (long enough to brush my teeth, put on eye make up, and blow dry my hair). The water should have evaporated from the mixture, and then I just gently dust the aspirin off. I read that some people need to use a moisturizing element in with the paste, and I have notice my skin is a bit dry afterwards, but it never lasts long. I haven't tried this in the winter yet, and I do have problems with eczema, but for now, in my humid climate, I'm fine with just the aspirin. One site said that the aspirin acts as an anti-inflammatory. It leaves my skin feeling like the other skin that doesn't have hair.
In my other searches, I read that laser hair removal is not actually permanent, and it can leave scarring. But electrolysis is supposed to be permanent, and you can get at home kits for as cheap as $50 (but the additional pads can be pricey). My husband and I both would like to be less hairy. Electrolysis will be our next attempt at this. I'll update later :)
I was teased as a child too about the hair on my face and I still hate it, I especially hate the shaving. Does anyone else have thick pubic hair too? I have hair around my areola and on my stomach, I also have hairy legs and hairy underarms. There should be a support group for this and I would love to meet other people like me. I know how embarrasing it is to have this and I am always afraid that something will happen to expose me.
Hi I have just read every single comment on this page... Most of you are saying that you have hair, on nipples, belly, sides of face, I do aswell but my main concern is I have it in the middle of my boobs and I have been removing it with hair removel (removal) cream since the age of 15 I am now 19 I have never shaves any of these areas but I find that nair cream just makes it bad anyway... I live in the united kingdom has anyone had laser hair removel (removal) here and how much does it cost? I am a beauty therapist and I do want to wax it because waxing is a good form of hair removel (removal) but I am worried just incase. I have excessive hair growth from the top of pubic line and its like a line of hair all the way to the top of my chest. Please can one of you write back to me just to give me some advice I want it to bloody stop but its never going to. and you are all saying its making u feel better to read that other people have these syptoms (symptoms) but none of us have any friends with the condition so it can not be that common.
I have hair between my boobs, on my chin, sides of face and mustache also, just forgot to mention it in my earlier post.
I seriously thought I was the only girl in the whole world who had problems like this. I can not even begin to express the relief I feel knowing that I am not alone. I have had very coarse, dark hair on my lower abdomen since I was about 10 years old.... I'm 21 now and I absolutely despise my body. I have tried waxing, shaving, and plucking. I made an appointment for a laser hair removal consultation and during that visit, they did a little bit to show me how it felt... and it HURT! It felt like a hot rubber band popping you over and over. I am willing to deal with the physical pain so I can get rid of this emotional and psychological pain. My fiance says it doesn't bother him. He says what does bother him is that I'm too self conscious to fully give myself to him. I NEVER let him touch or see my stomach and we've been together for nearly 5 years. I am going to try one more thing before I do laser hair removal... no!no!  I saw a thing on TV about it. Supposedly it heats up the hair follicle while it shaves the hair and the heat is supposed to reduce the hair growth over time, like laser hair removal. I will write back and let you know if it works!
What our culture throws in our face as "beautiful" is really unrealistic. It seems like a TON of women have this issue. Why don't we all just accept it? If someone truly loves you, he (or she) won't care about your hair, because it's just part of you.

I'm 17, naturally blonde, so luckily the long hair on my stomach and "sideburns" (haha) is really light, but I've got at least 30 dark, curly, long hairs around each nipple. It's bothered me a little, but it's apparently normal, so I'm going to forget about it and move on. It would be great if everyone could do the same.

And if it still bothers you, remove it, whatever. But don't let it define your life until then.
fireflower: Well said. :)

I'm 15 and have had noticeable hair all over my stomach and chest areas, and frankly it kinda pisses me off. I'm confident in the way my body looks and love bikinis, but I always get really self conscious because I feel like everybody is staring at me. My mom says she doesn't see anything, but it's THERE and I can see it and it makes me feel ugly and gross. And I hate that the reason I feel this way is because society makes it so. For now, all I can do is grin and bear it and not give a damn about what other people think, I guess.

We're strong and beautiful, ladies! Let's not let our body hair define us. And when I'm in a serious relationship one day, I'm not going to be worried about the hair, because any guy who would leave me because of it obviously isn't worth my time. Guys are supposed to like us for who we are, not because of some petty hair that has nothing to do with our personalities.
Hey girl. I'm 18 and have had the same problems you have since I was 12 or so. Words of advice: Do not shave! I did when I was 13 and have regret it ever since. Its gotten so bad I'm looking at laser hair removal.

As for the stretch marks I have then and so does my sister. I'm 5'7" and she's 5'11" (but she's only 16.) She had very dark deep red/pink scars on her sides and legs and mine were similar. Now a couple years later mine are almost gone and hers (which were much worse than mine) are almost not visable.

Just keep your chin up hun. You're still young and I know you are beautiful. All you have to do is have confidence in yourself. The people who tease are not people you want around. Look at all these women, some grown, some your age. All going through the same thing. We all can do this together. If you ever need someone to talk to I can guarantee I've been there or know someone who has. Just email me:
***@****

Good luck sweetie.
Im kinda happy to see that im not the only one here! I actually never use to have this problem, as a teen I could wear bikini's and shorter shirts, and be proud of my tummy; but now at the age of 28, i cant beleive how much hair has grown on my tummy and around my nipples. They are dark brown and long hairs too. Its embarressing .... but at the same time i dont really want to shave them, because i know it will just make it worse. I recently started to bleach the hairs....and it does make a difference. I just often wonder why all of a sudden this body hair has come about???? Even my arm hairs have gotten darker and longer. Untill i can afford to get them lazer treated, i will continue to bleach them ... it at least makes them a few shades lighter :)
Fireflower: Thanks girl. I've known that for a while but I think it takes other people telling you (repeatedly) for it to really sink in. Our society's obsession with "perfection" is sickening and damaging to people's self-esteem!

Maybe after reading all these comments we should all realize something: IT'S NOT WEIRD! IT'S NOT ABNORMAL! normal is a setting on a washing machine, not a body type. I am 21 and have had thick, dark hair on my nipples, ALL the way down my stomach, and even on my lower back for as long as I can remember. I have a lot of body image issues (as I'm sure a lot of you do as well) and I once read an article meant to help women combat these issues and one thing has really helped me so I want to share it: stand naked in front of a mirror and look at yourself ... and do it often. The parts of our bodies that we are most unashamed of are the places that we look at constantly. Women have "body image issues" usually, not "face image issues". And why is that? Because we stare at our faces everyday in the mirror and eventually (even though we hate our mustaches, unruly eyebrows, and unsightly sideburns) we grow to realize that it really isn't all that bad. I am flat chested as well and so I tried this in order to feel more comfortable with my cup size and it's really worked. Granted, I've done it for years now and was anorexic for a while so I'm not a poster child for better self-esteem but I do know that staring at myself naked has helped me see a lot of the good things about my body. I'm not saying inspect your body with a magnified mirror, but when you get out of the shower and you're doing your daily routine, try doing more of it naked. For example, you could brush your hair in front of a full-length mirror before you get dressed, something simple. I know it sounds weird but it really helps.

Just know this: you are your harshest judge. My mom says she can BARELY see my back hair when she's really looking but because of it I've never worn a 2-piece bathing suit. And it never bothers me to see hair on other girls. Chances are we're making a big deal out of nothing because we're socialized into thinking that's what we're supposed to do. Well screw it. If whoever we choose to show our bodies to and become intimate with doesn't like it then screw the shallow bastards. I know it's easier said than done but maybe if you keep saying it, eventually you'll start believing it.

:D
im 15 and sometimes i have low selfesteem when i see all the beatufil people on tv, that can show ther bodies in public and wear basically nothing on the beach... and i'd look at myself and wonder why can't i look that!!! i really hate shaving and its now has become a problem on my lower stomach n around my chest area... i can't even change in front of the other girls in gym class because i'm afraid they'll laugh at me (tear)...:{
this is an incredible forum. i have been self-conscious about abdominal hair since my early twenties--i turn thirty this year. there is definitely something to be said about a problem being so much worse because you feel like you are the only one-- freak-of-nature-syndrome. i, like some here, also used to show off my stomach as a teenager never knowing how things would change in a few years. over time i have become increasingly more comfortable with the wide arc of dark abdominal hair that stretches from a little above my belly button to my pubic line --  reading this forum has helped even more.  

i find that bleach works best for me on abdominal hair as the hair itself is not really that unattractive in my opinion-- what i find unattractive personally is just the dark hair against pale skin -- i am very pale, blue-eyed, blonde. after bleaching i do a little bit of trimming & tweezing as needed -- although my skin is so sensitive that when the hair tries to grow back the skin sometimes gets red & irritated-- using a little bit of Calendula Oil on a cotton ball after tweezing often prevents this from happening. personally i think bleach is the way to go as you won't have a 'shadow' or 'stubble' and the hair looses some of its thickness when you bleach it. ideally i need to do it twice a week before the hair begins to darken or the roots show, but once a week will often suffice.

i have never had a man say anything demeaning about my abdominal hair -- i really do think that WE notice it more -- and i have a beautifully-shaped stomach-- sometimes i will bring it up that i am self-conscious about my abdominal hair just to get it out in the open and that helps if you get the urge -- what it ALWAYS comes down to is that once you fall in love, the little 'quirks' just become part of what you love about the other person. i even had a fling with a 'stereotypical' hunky LA guy who is a friend of mine who works in the music industry (that whole culture is entirely into hair-free women) back when i used to not shave my legs & armpits in my sort-of hippy college days -- he is an extremely attractive and very masculine guy & we had great sex & he would JOKE about my leg hair being longer than his, but it was all in a kind spirit and sort of sweet actually, so even though he wasn't 'used to it', he was still totally into me enough to have a strong sexual attraction--it just became a silly point of conversation. as someone else in the forum said -- you are your harshest judge.

last year i got a very simple & beautiful tattoo that encircles my navel as a way to honor that part of my body & try to 'make peace' with it. now i have something to 'show off' about my belly! i do believe that so much of our anxiety and negative perceptions stem from the media... we have to break free and be creative in our perceptions of our bodies. everybody, thanks for your courage in sharing...
hello, i'm jess and i'm 15 years old! i have this problem also, it really gets me down! i have really thick dark hair below my belly button which is like pubic hair, and i used to shave it but it makes it worse so i started plucking it, but even that isn't a big help because you can still see the follicles and i get black dots where the hairs were! i also have hair above my belly button, but it is not as thick but it is still dark. people have pointed this out before and it makes me feel embarrassed, i just don't know what to do anymore! can anyone help me and give ome suggestions? thanks.
I also have quite a few hairs around my aureole, lots of really dark and thick hairs under my belly button, and a bit of a mustache (though not too too bad). i have one thick hair on my chin, a couple on each foot, and lately i've found single ones on my breast and shoulder. i pluck them all except i usually shave the mustache (it's fine enough that you don't see stubble). Also, like you, i have a very low sex drive. when i asked my doctor about the sex drive, she thought i didn't have enough testosterone production, which makes it obvious that the hair isn't from too much testosterone. unfortunately, the only logical answer is genetics. my father is a very hairy guy and i take after him a lot in other areas as well, so that's the best answer for me. i'm just thankful it's not any worse.  I once had a procedure done on my lower legs to remove the hair because i have Folliculitis (a condition where the growth of hair irritated my skin so much that the pores would get infected). The procedure is called IPL (Intense Pulsed Light). It's not that cheap. For thick hair, you need about 10 sessions, and it was 300 bucks a pop for each session for the lower legs. different areas and different thicknesses/darkness of hair have different prices and also don't necessarily need the same number of sessions. it was very effective and it's permanent. i had it done years ago and the results haven't changed.
a little tip to avoid ingrowns: always gently exfoliate and always moisturize; just exfoliating doesn't help because it dries out your skin and then the dead cells clog the pores. gotta exfoliate AND moisturize.

i hope this helps

berryburstx: if i were you, i'd continue plucking the hairs. you may still see the black dots now, but eventually they will get thinner/finer and less noticeable and eventually you won't notice them at all.
Im dark haired soo.. my hair is very noticeable
it grew in after i hit puberty, but it wasnt too thick.. until i shaved it :(
well its not thick everywhere on my stomach, just down the middle.. its such a  hassle shaving legs, arms, and tummy! oh and then i have some strands of thick hait under the chin.. and some fine hair too
im so annyoed by them!! and im so over shaving.. i cant afford laser right now.. im gonna be starting college soon. but.. i have kinda stopped caring too much.. and it really helps reading all these comments and being able to relate to so many women. but im worried about the line of dark thickish hait growing down the middle of the stomach.. the rest i dont care much about!

but it helps reading these comments and knowing that im not the only ONE! my mother told me to not worry abt it, bc she knows that women on my father's side have them and they are all living healthy normal lives.

You ladies are all wonderful and beautiful! The right guy wouldnt care about hair :)
I'm hairy myself, well I'm really hairy like I practically have hair everywhere on my body. I waz/shave my legs, pluck/wax/shave underarms and wax my mostuche and eyebrows. Im 14 and i alsoo am reeeeeeallllyy embarrased of my stomach hair problem. Everytime I look at it im like DAM i look like a man. Sadly its me and i deal with it i usually get depressed and emotional about my hairy problem. I have realllyy thick and longish black hairs between my boobs that goo down and it's really unappealing but i think i'll wax it in the future. Also i have alot of brown hairs aroudn my stomach with long dark hairs below my stomach. Let's just say Im a hairy person!
I got my hair from my dad who is practicallyy a monkey and my mum lets just say bold. I'm eastern European so mines practically down to genes.
I usually just go out with bekinis not caring what anyone thinks and really no one should but lately I have gotten more self concious. btw can i mention hair removal cream does NOT work it makes it worse.
I'm happy coz my friends are pretty hairy like me and I have another friend who is hairier then me and shes not allowed to do anything but we usually joke of how we are goign to make a land of hairy people and the hairless people can go to the corner and be loners. LOL!
but seriouslyy we shouldnt care we should go out and be hairy people coz i heard that woman who are hairier are more attractive/ sexy and are wayy better in bed.
seriously do we want to be hairless moles!
and we shouldnt care what people think!
Im practically the hairest person in my class well one of the hairest and I also have been teased aboout my hairness!
But in the end its the person who counts and seriously hair is sxc!
Heyyyy!!! This is SALLY432 ...I left a comment way back in may. About a week after posting on here, i decided to try another method! I attempted plucking or tweezing the unwanted hairs. I used hair removal cremes before and all they did was remove the hair from the surface but left a prickly feel about a day or two later. The hair removal creme was pointless!.
Anyway! I began plucking the hairs from around my belly button and around the nipples. The great thing about plucking around the nipples was that it neither hurt or left scaring the hairs just slid out from the skin and i can go up to 3 weeks without the hairs reappearing! ...however...the hair around my belly button is a different story!....i can get about a week to 2 weeks b4 the hairs need to be plucked again. Thing is...it has left some small red spots/scars on my tummy. This was because of in growing hairs! the hair would be tryna get out! ...but it was trapped and it gave me small spots, little infected ones...that i obviously had to squeeze to release the trapped hair inside!...soo...hmm...plucking has been a great thing for the nipple hair!...i will continue this and it no longer bothers me as much. The tummy hair however!...i might attempt some waxing....lol. I wouldnt bother fussing at all if it was just your usual little fuzzy belly!! ...some friends of mine have hair all over their bellys....but its the normal dark hair ...fine hairs!...that cover their belly and dont grow any longer than they are. The hairs i suffer from are like thick dark pubic like hairs! only on the belly button and around the nipples...so they stand out if left to grow.

I didnt really give this a thought either...but...i also suffer from acne. I dont get many spots on my face ...just the ocassional flare up. The spots are all over my back though and sometimes on my chest. My main body issues are having an almost flat chest despite being a bigger women...unwanted hair around the nipples and belly button...irregular periods and body acne....beginning to think this might be something hormonal?
x x x x
i have the same issues WHICH IS A SYMPTOM OF POLYCYSTIC OVARIAN SYNDROME other symptoms are irregular periods , obesity, diabetes so you may want to go to the gyno to see if you have the same health issues......................................

as for shaving don't do it!!! it grows back in a few days and 3x's thicker , i personally use a episilk machine and yes it is slightly uncomfortable when you are removing it however it does not hurt afterwards and it will not grow back quicker nor will it be thicker it gets lighter over time so i would rather have a lil pain for less misery  that will eventually  disappear over time then a razor that will make you feel so uncomfortable because it has grown back thinker and normally thicker that a mans body hair just stick to ripping it out ....... i use to have to use the epi silk weekly  (been using it for a year) and now its every 2-3 weeks its much easier for me i use it on my legs too dont have to waste money on razors
Always thought I was the only one with this problem. Good to know I'm not. I've done the shaving ,, not good,, grows back stiff and fast. Done the plucking,, painful yes but effective. The best thing I have found is:: They make a facial hair removal cream,, I use that, it works and last longer.
Im 13 and I was scared I was alone. I dont wanna do anything to the hairs around my nipple because i shave my legs frequently and i see that it grows back faster and thicker the more i shave it. I think that all young kids like me should keep their areola hair and hopefully we'll grow out of it. It's just really embaressing, especially sharing this with my mom or doctor.
howdy! i'm 14 years old and i have this problem, too.
im just gonna let it all out because i know that nobody wants to fell as if they are the only ones with this problem.
i don't naturally have excess hairs all over. for example, my mama, grandmama, and little sis are practically hairless.
but im one of those divas who have to be "perfect".
when i was in about 4th grade, i noticed itty bitty fuzzies on my body (back, stomach, face, pubic area, even my booty) so i just up and shaved all over for a few weeks in the summer -except for my face)
i continued to shave my arms, legs, stomach, chest, and back about once every week for the next year or so and never new the danger! i was only like, 10 years old.
well i dun goofed. in the summer before 6th grade, i was with my friends. i distinctly remember dropping something and bending down to pick it up. my shirt went up, exposing my lower back, and one of my friends said "dang you have a hairy back! haha
well it wasn't funny! i am very picky about the way i look and it offended me very much.
i had never noticed it before, but that night i did.i had unusually longer and thicker hairs around my nipples, breasts, below AND ABOVE my belly button, on my lower back, and yes, even my bottom. my pubic hairs are even darker and thicker now. i don't mind the hairs on my arms much, and my leg hairs arent thick at all so i dont have a problem shaving them. but everywhere else is an issue. i do shave my pits, but every time i shave my pubes i get horrible ingrown hairs when they grow back! so i no longer shave anything except my legs and pits.
i just keep everything else covered, and wax every time i get the chance.
my problem isnt serious, because my body hair is all blond, except for my pubes, pits, eyebrows and my hair on my head. but i still don't like it. my grandma and mama are real supportive of this and get me waxing kits every once in a while.
i do plan on getting all my hairs lazerd off in the future.
i hope nobody feels alone out there!
Wow! I'm reading this and everyone seems to have the hair around their nipple and tummy. Well my problem is different.....and wondering if anybody else experiences this?

I am very light skinned, light hair - never had to wax my upper lip or bikini line- I'm practically hairless, no joke. I only have very thin blond hair, save for the pubic region...and around my nipples!! It's SO random and weird. I get them growing around my nipple a few days before my period usually, thick dark hairs, mainly on my right breast, but the left a few as well. About 10-15 on the right, and 5 or so on the left. Always thick, and quite often ingrown, and I have to cut my skin to remove them. I end up scarring and scabbing, and it hurts!

I also get my period quite frequently, always twice a month. I'm not sure if that has something to do with it.

Anybody else out there?

i have light hair all over my stomach it's light enough not to be seen when it's wet but dark enough to be seen when i'm dry what do i do?
Like a lot of you guys, I read this thread and almost cried in -happiness- because I'm not alone, but at the same time I feel your pain! Thankyouthankyou for sharing these honest opinions and stories. We live in such a messed up culture where we are meant to think we're all ugly and freaky because we don't look like what we see in the media which is fake anyway. Lately I've learned 99% of things I worry about are soso common..

I used to always worry about how hairy I was... and I really am. I'm verrry pale with black hair, so its pretty noticable. It's fine and soft, but its definitely there... white hair on my face/neck, darker fine feathery hairs all the way from my navel up to the "cleavage area", fingers, toes, hands, upper arms pretty heavy, around areola, between eyebrows, just about everywhere you can imagine. I went through all of the medical tests, heading back and forth and practically begging the doctor to find something but alas, no easy fix (though I was glad to be healthy)! She said maybe I had higher androgens from genetic reasons (yet I'm the only one I know of in my family...), but its normal anyway. I tried so many natural remedies that supposedly lighten hair growth, but no luck. I wax, bleach, shave, tweeze, nair, smooth away, etc. for all different areas, but there are a few I'm scared to touch (stomach/chest mainly). And no, I can't afford electrolysis.

Here is the reason I've included so many details... I'm 21 now and I've started to figure out what's important... I wish I could tell my 12, 14, 16, 18, etc. year old self to stop worrying and enjoy life... so to anyone younger who is reading this thread, take the most important message away - it really doesn't matter! Coming from someone who is really hairy herself... Hair isn't ugly or abnormal. Hair won't stop a man from loving you. It's just a part of you and if someone doesn't like it, that's their problem. I have a boyfriend who has -yes- seen every part of me I'm sure, by now. He's very attractive, kind, successful and even a little image conscious but he has no problem with it at all. So if I can be happy, anyone can! That said, if it bothers you for -you- then you can use some of the options mentioned on this board. But make sure its not to impress someone or because you worry what someone thinks. Taking care of your appearance is great as long as you feel good and are healthy afterword.

And another note I've learned from experience- don't shave anywhere you don't want stubble! :)
Hey guys! I felt like this was a thread that deserved being kept alive, because it seems to help so many people+so I am bringing it into 2011!

I am blonde and white (everyone is affected-not just people with darker skin and hair) and have hair on my stomach (shave as I have quite a lot), around my nipples (tweeze), face and neck (shave and tweeze deluxe-combo), arms (shave) and my "bikiniline" is more like my thighs. Also recently discovered a stray dark hair on my back...I am guessing there is more to come! I also have hairy feet and toes. I even shave my fingers.

Shaving makes me go all red and prickly. I have tried EVERYTHING to stop it. Waxing just given me ingrown hairs. It's like I was meant to leave it and grow a small forrest but I am fighting back!

Yes, being hairy *****. But you are not alone. I am 22 now and I have had these unsightly dark hairs pop up since I was about 15. Sometimes it feels like the most important thing in the world. It isn't though, feels like, yes, is it? No.

This summer I will probably have to go to a beach for the first time since I was about 17 and the problem was much less obvious. It'll be tough with all the hairless people there...

We are NOT ALONE! One in four women have hair on their nipples my friends!

Keeping the thread alive~
I feel a lot better after reading these... I'm 17,Colombian, and have hair everywhere.. Stomach, cleavage area, breasts, arms, neck, legs, hands and toes.. even fine ones around my jaw. What's worse is that my mother is and always has been virtually hairless and couldn't understand me at all when I was younger. She wouldn't let me shave and told me it was nothing to worry about, but she's never had hair like I did and still do! She also teases me when she catches me shaving my hands or toes... My sister also has minimal hair and is taller than me, so between her and my mom I I look like a Furby! =__=  But anyway, genetics wasn't all mean to me. I also have a head of strong, healthy, fast-groing hair, unlike them.
And I really like what everyone has said about keeping it from living our lives... So I'm going to try and just accept myself, hair and all. (:
Another option, especially for tummy and armpit hair, is to buy an epilator. Of course it is quite uncomfortable while you're getting used to it but it has been the best thing ever! I don't have to wait around for my underarm hair to grow to 5mm-10mm to get waxed anymore, thus having to wear long sleeved tops even in the summer (couldn't shave as it ripped me to shreds), as the epilator works on even the shortest hairs. I have Braun Xelle 5780. Get it from amazon as it is double the price in most shops! You can use it all over, but it s quite time consuming for areas with more hair (i.e. legs). A great purchase though for those of us with hair issues!!!
I am so glad that I'm not alone, I am 19 and have hair on my legs, inner thighs, stomach, back, arms, underarms, I absolutely hate it but am at a loss of what to do, I shave but hate it because the hair grows back so fast like it is prickly within a day, I won't wear a bikini, I wear a one piece and board shorts because of how hairy my body is and because I am not comfortable with how my body looks.
fg
Hi everyone,
My name is Avra and I am a senior in high school. These blogs make me smile cause it reminds me that i'm not the only one in this embarrassing situation. Let me explain to you how things are for me:
On top of a hair problem, I have had acne since the end of 8th grade, and have worn make up every single day to cover it up. I can't just do touch up make up because my skin is very light, so i always buy foundation to literally paint onto my face everyday - it's very annoying and tedious, but i learn to get used to it. I'd rather get rid of my hair problem first...

I get a waxing once a month for my eyebrows, upper lip, underneath my lower lip, AND my chin. The only thicks hairs are the lower lip and chin. It's really hard to pluck them cause not only does it hurt, but I don't always remember to do it and by the time it all grows back there is too much to pluck. But, I do plan on getting laser treatment within the next month and i'm really looking forward to that so i don't have to worry about waxing and plucking when I'm off to college next year.

Now, I never really noticed my body hair until a few years ago, probably when I really hit puberty. i don't remember details, but what i do remember is that i was talking to my best friend about 3 or 4 years ago on the phone and she said, "i have thin hairs on my belly! so i shaved them and now i'm all clean". so, of course i, finding some thin brown hair around my belly button (which i didn't even care about until my friend mentioned belly hair), decided to shave it off. every since then it's been a complete nightmare. I now have to shave my stomach EVERY DAY because with my excess hair growth, it just grows back no matter what and it's 10X as thick. (GIRLS DO NOT SHAVE THIN BELLY HAIR EVER, JUST BLEACH). i wish so so much that i could go back and time and just not pick up that razor and just bleach the stupid hairs. It was so stupid and I'm so mad at myself for doing that just because my friend did. On top of this, I also have a dark, hairy lower back AND butt. With clothes on, I feel confident about my body, but without clothes - that's a different story. The hair on my butt are not the light peach fuzz hairs, they're a bit longer, darker, and way more noticeable. With the society and culture that we live in, it's almost as if that's not acceptable for the average girl. None of my friends have these problems...so I can't just ask them what to do without feeling embarrassed. A couple of times I have used hair remover on my lower back, which worked, but it's only a matter of time before it grows back. I was thinking about bleaching, but that's gonna be a challenge since it's really hard to reach behind your back and get all of the hairs. My back will be easier to take care of though. As for my butt, I really don't know what to do. It's embarrassing when i'm with a guy and it's very embarrassing in the summer. I'm a camp counselor in the summer and I always cross my fingers that they don't ask me to swim because you can see the hairs on my butt/thighs even with a one piece sometimes. It's just really hard because I want that beautiful, flawless, hairless, acne-less skin that most girls in my school seem to have.

I just wanted to say though that I'm glad i'm not the only one dealing with this and it truly makes me feel so much better that there are girls and other women that have the same problems and i appreciate people taking the time to write sincere responses and advice. I'm a pretty girl, pretty face (with make up on...) and i'm thin (but could be in better shape). This body hair is making me feel so bad about myself, and often i feel depressed about it and helpless. I once tried shaving my butt but it was rather difficult and the hair just grows back. It saddens me that hair on a girl is no longer "acceptable" because of this culture and society we now live in. i hope that someday I can meet a guy who won't care about those things and can see past them.
I have hair on my stomach, back, butt, shoulders, aerola, face & very fine hairs on the chest. I'm very self conscious about until reading all of your posts! I shave most of the times and a couple of times tried the nair it kinda worked..but i still had to shave :S lol but uhh yeah I'm scared to even have a boyfriend :P but owell i've been with a guy but he didn't say anything about it... =/ i don't really worry about it as much tho.. I mean love me for ME ! :D hehe girls love yo selfs ((=
hey guys :) just like you i myself have almost the same problems,im only 13 though :( but it kinda gives me a relief that im not the only one with this "hairy problem".i was only 11 when i started shaving since some friends made fun of me and my arm hair and now im a big hairy baboon specially my stomach :(( i never told any body about my stomach hair that i shaved (but i stopped shaving it when i became 12...i think)i used to cry about it because im such a cry baby and all >.<.but i was able to tell my mama about my hairyness(but not on my stomach i feel really embarresed about that)so she told me about waxing it.and i  tried  an appointment for waxing it.so i every month i wax it :)
And also i would like to say to those who think that if a guy sees your hairyness they wont like you anymore,that i think its not true , you know i think guys dont mind it that much i mean i have a lot of guy friends and im a little bit more comfortable with them than the girls when i dont have a jacket on or when i wear shorts ,i mean sure they might joke about it a lot but i find their jokes much more funnier and welcoming than you know the things that the girls would say and stuff ,well sometimes its nice that the girls dont joke about it:)) just wanted to say to those who worry about what guys would think, that sometimes when they are really close to you they sometimes give you advices like:dnt worry bout it,your crush wont notice it and some  stuff then they'll tell jokes about their insecurities about themselves and about how ill grow a beard someday :)) you know some would even tell me to stop shaving it bcuz if  a guy really loves you he'll axept you 4 who u are and also 2 stop shaving it bcuz when it grows back i might become a real monkey :))
       and also to those who are reading these,umm i think you should think before you shave or wax or epilate your hair bcus once you do you have to continue waxing or shaving it, so bcus of that your hair would become thicker and thicker :) good luck ! okay God bless always !!!
   and oh yea also when i feel down bcus of my hairyness ,i just think that it is a blessing bcus maybe if i didnt experienced being hairy so much then maybe i wouldnt have a reason to pray ( im a spoiled child) and if i didnt pray then i think i would never have been able to talk to God naturally when i feel like im alone as well when i feel so excited about something,
so now i feel like his my bestest friend and like his my papa and also i regard to it as a blessing bcus i know it is also one of the reason that i have conpassion for others pain  
im 15 and have absolutelty no self confidence. i have thin hairs all over my body(boobs, tummy, back, butt and feet!!) i hate my body already but the hair just makes me hate it even more. i am too scared to wear a bikini because i hate my tummy and it has hair all over it and im scared people will make fun of me. i hate having to get changed in front of all the other skinny, pretty, hairless girls at school in the changerooms cos i feel like everyones looking at me. i dont know what to do cos ive tried shaving my tummy but it just comes back thicker and prickly. i definately dont have enough money for laser treatment and i feel like im out of options. i hate having to live like this. please help :( xx
im 13 and i 2 have that problem and when i take a shower im like a perfectionist with  shaving i look at my body and all i see is little hairs every were and there thine in some places like around the boobeg area and on the tommy i read this book for girls starting puberty when i was 11 so im a little in formed but i still have a few or maby a alot of qestions about this stuff and sometimes i start to think im realy a boy but then i remember that iv  got my friend every month 4 the past 2 years or so. so its been thine in the areas that iv talked about earlyer but iv got a strong feeling that there not going to go away any time soon and 6hat there just been geting darker and iv been shaving but nothing seems to work!:(
you might have PCOS. I think I do too and have been seeing the dr. now for stress, hypertension... and a list of other things. i skip around a lot with my periods and am suffering from the same problem hair areas... its not the soft down hairs that we're all covered with.. lol i hate it when people simply put "hair is normal and grows all over" heavy hair growth in these areas is not typical for women. see your dr. and do a little bit more research on your symptoms so you can seriously present to a physician all the things you've been struggling with so they don't waste your time with a wrong diagnosis. some doctors will shrug off serious issues if they are use to the same old general issues they see everyday. i wish you the best of luck
My boyfriend likes to give me anal sex.  But I have thick unslightly hair down there!  I tried shaving and it's so difficult to contort myself that I nicked myself several times.... I'm not as limber as I used to be... I can't use hair removal because it fries the sensitive skin!  Waxing is out...  Getting older is so hard!  Men want younger women because they have no random growth hair issues!  So much for the golden years!
thank you for posting all that :)
itmakes mereally happy to know that im not the only one
I just turned 15 andive had this problem since i have memory,
even on my video right after i was born my dad asked joking if i the nurse confused me for a monkey. i waxed for the 1st time when iwas 7, and every week. ive have really dark hair in my legs, arms,armpits,belly above & below, eyebrows,upper lip, chin, back, my butt :S,and the back of my neck. and the softer hairs i have are in my bi toe :P,my chest all over, my nipples, my neck(front), cheeks, chin, and just about everywhere else.
when i was 12 i moved to a small town where i never found the waxing things i needed :( so i started the worst mistake of my life, shaving.then imoved rto miami.
i feel happy that i dont have PE anymore( no more lockerrooms!! :D)
but i live in  US' hottest place.there are many hispanics here that just love to show off their legs and belly, the school shirt is too short , just half an inch  below by belly button. it really is insane on summer time, and my mom always makes me go to the beach and the pool. ive tried just about anything for my hair and the fastest thing available for me is shaving. its ***** because my hair rows sofast, it just takes 2 days forit to show. and ive ained some weight this year. sonow im a 115 lb hair ball. im just happy that my pimples havent shownfor the last 2 years. to those girls just like me, wether theire 8 or 20 yrs old, DO NOT WORRY ( :D )

this was written by:
A GIRL JUST LIKe YOU WHO HAS INSECURITIES AND FEARS! <3
I'm 15 I have BLACK hair on my stomach and some people call it a happy trail I shave it but the hairs just come back in grown I'm very pale and the hairs are obviously really dark waxing leaves bumps that scab over and leave marks I'm stuck and don't know what to do
until your old enough or have enough money to get say... laser hair removal. i would recommend just bleaching hair on like the stomach or arms etc. i did tht for my stomach and i cant see the hair. its fantastic. i didnt want to shave or wax, cuz then it'd grow back darker. and i didnt want to go threw my whole childhood not wearing a bikini or always trying to cover my stomach. so i chose bleaching. i dont care that the hair is still there i just care about people seeing it. i would strongly recommend it.
I am going to be 23 and I dislike my body hair. Its everywhere, chest, butt back, stomach and face. The legs and arms have normal hair growth but I still find that hair irritating. I refuse to shave anywhere other than my legs and armpits because the hair comes back coarse. I don't want to wax forever. I want to be able to afford electrolysis all over my body but its going to cost quite a bit. I don't want it to be cheap because I will get cheap results and possibly some scarring and skin damage. Since we are all sharing up in here I'm just going to say it...I'm still a virgin, never had a boyfriend and it will be my personal nightmare to reveal my hairy body to someone. I have thick dark hair that I extremely dislike. For those of you who got treatments done how much did it cost or will it cost?
I'm 13 and know exactly how you feel. Everybody thinks it's gross so I always cover up. I wondered if I was the only one out there who had the hair problem and there are many more. But since I'm to young to do anything about the hair on my body, I do things myself. "GOD BLESS RAZORS!"
But after awhile it grows darker which *****... My boyfriend barely notices bc I shave like everyday.... Is there any pills to take?
I went shopping today and I remember thinking "Wow, I wish I looked like her" when I gazed up at a model confidently showing off her skin. I knew that there were other people that had these problems, but I never understood that they went through all of the same things that I have. Thank you, really, for posting on here. I am going to get laser hair removal on my upper lip, but I don't know if I can afford to get it for my chest and stomach until my late twenties. Seeing the picture of Alicia Keys that someone else posted was really inspirational, but truthfully, I am still going to save up because I don't think I can ever be that confident about the way I look. At least I've accepted that much, right? Anyway, good luck everyone! Hopefully some of you are more confident that me and can really make a change in how people see themselves! :)
OMG, i thought i was the only one, do u know im afraid to have a boyfriend because of that. Its hard, and im afraid of what people might think because im so different. I look at other women, and say to myself, Damn they are so lucky. I wish i was like  them. I am 25 years old, the only person amongst my friends to not have a boyfriend or husband because im to afraid of what he might think. I want to fall in love, and see what all that is about but the only thing stopping me is my stupid hairy stomach. Not that i dont shave, I think thats the biggest mistake i have ever done, coz i think the shaving made it worse. And my hair grows back really   quick to, its unbelievable.
i have one hair that grows on my breast-i pluck it with tweezers-pinches for about 2 seconds-don't worry
I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM! i'm thirteen years old & i never used to have this problem until my sister told me she shaved her "happy trail" (hairline below belly button) then i did it to. now the hair is dark, long, & course! i hate it! it's so emberessing! i have to avoid birthday parties, hanging with friends, family reunions, etc. because of this problem! i feel like a gorilla! my mom doesn't have this problem but my dad does! sometimes i think it's just in my genes but shaving definetly did not work! my advice to anyone with this problem is: DO NOT SHAVE!!!! you'll just regret it. & you might luck out & not get razor bumps or rashs from it but most people do! i wish i had researched this or asked my doctor about shaving first cause i can't do ANYTHING now!!!! all my friends are perfect, light-haired, & petite. i'm dark-haired, not as skinny as them, but far from perfect! i wish i could show off my belly. & i have a perfect stomach too! it's skinny & tuck. but now every time i want to show it off i have to choose between razor bumps & rashy dots. or dark, long manly "happy trail". it's discusting! so, take it from me, DON'T SHAVE!!!! i would bleach or pluck. maybe just even leave it alone if it's not too dark or long. ask your doctor for medical problems. i figured there was more females like me. & i was right! think about it, with all the people that have this same problem, there just HAS to be some sort of effective solution. i know a girl in my grade who has dark body hair all over & just doesn't care. she gets made fun of sooooo badly though! she doesn't care though, i thought good for her but i definetly DO care!! i am currently still looking for a solution but it's nice to know that i'm not alone. any questions just ask.(:
i consider myself as a hairy girl but not too much i only have hair around nipples and on my belly down below. i dont have any hair on my back or butt. i want to tell you something, i recently was searching through the internet and found out that spearmint tea and peppermint tea slows down hair process from growing and it also makes you more womanly. i tried it and it really seemed to slow down the process and i swear it worked even just a bit. :) try it out :D
guys try peppermint or spearmint tea. I swear some of you might notice a difference in slowing process of hair. :)
wow just reading all these posts made me feel better, just knowing that i'm not the only one! my family is part italien, my nan was really hairy and my dad is like a gorilla, i've always been really self-concious about my body, i remember when i was 7 this boy making a comment about my arms, when i was 9 going to a school diso, wearing a lil top with the top of my back showing and a friend was like 'wow you have a hairy back!' i felt like crying >< then in middle school when i was 11 i remember with my friends we all still hadn't shaved and i was ok with the hair on my legs because i'd had a boyfriend who didn't care lol, i remember these girls around 14 who used to stare at our legs with their mouths open --'.  like ew and stuff. then later that year i shaved my legs, not my thighs because the hair was still quite fine and i just wore shorts that went down to my knees, haha i remember being like 'i'm hair free!' and wanting to show them off because the first time i shaved there were no hairs and it was smooth now after shaving for 3years the hair grows back really quickly, darker, some ingrown hairs, and for some reason, i can never get all the hair off on the back of my thighs.. it's worse on the back of my thighs but on my legs as i have really dark black hair i have little black dots or small black hairs (going to try the epilator! a friend of mine who has dark hair aswell uses that and her legs are hair freeeeeeeeee! she uses it all over her body aswell)
I shaved my arms when i was eleven because people would make comments about other girls with black hair on their arms so made me feel self-concious about my arms and shaved them though now i'm fourteen and i really wished i hadn't! because actually i'd prefer to have hair on my arms now, i did shave my stomache aswell, bad idea too! the hair is now really long not especially thick and coarse as i only did it once or twice but just long black hairs,  i'm just hairy all over, on my neck, my chin, my cheeks,boobs, chest, shouldes,toes, fingers, face,.. seriously everywhere. it makes me hate summer because i just want to cover myself up, i'm going to buy an epilator and use that! Aswell i've had acne since i was eleven! (my dad had acne too.. so thanks dad for your hairyness and acne man. ^^ x) ) anyways, so very hairy and acne ew yes.  i've been wearing make-up since i was eleven, i was always a bit shy but this just made everything worse and was really shy, i'm a bit better now and i still feel gross but after taking the birth-control pill (third medication i've tryed for acne) seriously can see a big difference, after only 3weeks!

if you are thinking about shaving though, i would recommend it! just makes it alot worse as it's not pulling the root out and the hair grows back thicker coarser and darker.  try epilating or waxing if you really want to do something! :') beautiful hairy people! <3 ^-^
I was fully developed by fifth grade and my stomach and back have been hairy since 6th. I'm now going to be a senior in high school and I'm just so sick of the hair removing routines that I've completely given up on the beach and the pool every day this Summer. It just ***** being so self conscious about something that I wouldn't even have to think about if I was hairless.

If I don't do something about it and I go somewhere in a bikini, I feel totally self-conscious. So eventually I looked up hirsutism and even went to the doctors for it. She said it's just my hair pattern and I should blame it on genetics. I have soft, really noticeable and long dark hair ALL OVER my body. Not one place isn't covered except for my chin, nose, and forehead. I have had acne since I've first had my period. So my doctor put me on birth control and I got an ultrasound and blood work done to see if I had any ovarian issues.

Nope. So I'm clueless and I'm about to reinvestigate after being on the pill for 5 months, nothing has happened and I'm done shaving it off. So I'm going to talk to my mom again about asking my gynecologist about what to do soon and hopefully get this all under wraps.

I just want to be able to hang out with people and go to the beach all the time without having to ask my mom to shave or epilate my back once a week because I can't see it or reach it completely on my own.

It's just wrong. So wrong. I should be able to be a fun care-free girl without having to worry about this stupid hair.
I'll probably repeat many things already written, but here goes: I wish I had read this thread ten years ago! I'm 26 and have had my hormonal imbalance cause the same hair problems since I hit puberty, complete with acne and small breasts. Eyebrows, upper lip, chin, breasts, tummy, bikini area, behind, legs. Some hair fine but dark enough to be very noticable, some quite coarse. Extremely pale skin, too. I've often felt really lousy and inadequate, certainly not feminine enough in a very sensitive age.

I tried many methods of hair removal, never had money for laser treatment (and even if I did, though I really dislike the hair, I would much rather continue investing in my education). My gynecologist told me this affects many women, but that's small consolation when you're mostly still the hairiest in the room or alone with your boyfriend.

The most important thing I have learnt is this - to all the teenagers out there: even if you hair never goes away, you attitude and self-perception will soon change dramatically and cause you to live a lot more happily and confidently!

In your teens, it feels like you won't ever be able to enjoy things other girls enjoy, but as years pass, you begin to accept your body - not in the sense of coming to terms with the fact you're abnormal, but rather the reverse! You see how diverse we all are and you slowly begin to notice the truly beautiful aspects of your body - as do others! You figure out the impression you give is a composite of your many qualities, and that there are many other erotic aspects of you - the way you move, dress, use your voice, your smile and eyes, your hand gestures - you don't need to show any skin (or, you can even show hairy skin) to be much more attractive than a girl in a bikini!

Don't let your shame and fear keep you from having a sexual relationship! The other posters speak the truth - the right guy will love you regardless. Ten years ago with my first boyfriend, I spent way too much time worrying about it and trying to get rid of it (with the constant regrowth, red bumps, itchiness and all) so I never relaxed completely, even though he didn't really mind. Now I'm in a happy relationship with amazing sex, and I only pluck the coarse stray hair on my breasts and shave my armpits and lower legs, I just leave the rest alone! I went into the relationship this way, figuring, whatever will be, will be, and he didn't find it odd or repulsive at all - in all the time we've been together, he just said once that he's really glad I don't have all the frustrations many girls have. And he was totally right - the self-consciousness is what keeps you from focusing on the other person and mutual pleasure when you're intimate. You're not just your body hair! What he really perceives at that moment is a beautifully shaped, soft, sweetly scented, loving, passionate, naked girl, who chose to share herself with him, and trust me, he feels lucky :)

Lots of love to all of you beautiful girls and women! Perhaps we're the generation that'll manage to replace the fake, sterile, airbrushed "woman" in media today with the image of the real woman.
OMg! This whole time I thought I was one of the very few who had hair problems.  I have hairs on my upper lip, chin, some of the peach fuzz on my face but some are dark, on my belly, around my areola area, butt, arms practically my whole body.  Everytime I'm about to hangout with my bf I have to do tweeze hairs, use an epilator, bleach, shave.  It's a mission.  Sometimes I wonder how am I going to continue hiding it from him when we live together cause some of these hairs grow over night.  I did the laser treatment on my upper lips a few years ago and the hairs grew back again. I shaved my upper lip today and cut myself.  I had to tell mmy bf the cut on my lip was a pimple I popped. :  (
i thought i was the only one with this problem but now looking through all these comments its made me realise that its not just me thats quite over protective of my body, i hadn't really thought much of this as i've only noticed this over the past 10-12 months, last year i visited america and was concious of my weight, i havent really been the type who'd show off my body but now im definately more aware of being covered all of the time, but in the summer it gets too hot but im afraid to get my body out so i just usually wear a vest top and shorts, about 6months ago, a person in my class realised that i had back hair as i bent down to pick up my pen, i've gotten abuse ever since not just from him from older years now and yes it upsets me. i have hair on my back, stomach and my bum. i have no clue about what to do about this, im going to visit the doctors about this soon and im not totally sure what i have to have done? im definately prepared to have laser treatment but i've heard that contraceptive pills or some other type of pill can help to prevent the hair but im not totally sure whether this helps or not? if the contraceptive pills or the other type of pill work then i will post it on here to help people with what im going through at the moment, im so glad i've found this website to share how i feel about my body and people understand me, alrightttttttttttt im out.
I wouldn't recommend Laser Hair Removal because you may not get the results you wanted and it might just be a rip off. I also hear its pretty painful. Don't shave unless you want it to grow back darker and a bit thicker. Waxing enh... it can also be expensive and painful and it may slow down the hair process a bit, but it will still grow back and to the same thickness pretty much too.
I have the same problem on my stomach and butt and even a tiny amount around the nipples. For now I just bleach the stomach or "happy trail".
I heard about a product called No! No! now I can't really explain it so here is the website  https://www.trynono.com/o2/index.aspx?&referrer=trynono.com
I think it might be worth it, no pain, no waste of money and it reduces the amount of hair that grows back, and the thickness. I am planning to try it so I'll get back to you guys to tell you the real deal.

I hope this helps, even a bit.
Ok so I am a 17 year old girl and I, like you wonderful ladies, am hairy. I have hair on my upper arms, belly (meaning my ENTIRE belly, not just below my belly button), in between my boobs, on my boobs, lower back, upper back, and butt. Oh and i have the normal pubic hair and leg hair and i shave my forearms. I still remember that fateful day back when i was 13 and i got invited to a friend's pool party and panicked because i had a teeny tiny little bit of hair on my belly. Being the dumb little girl that i was, i shaved it. God i regret that. I continued to shave it over and over until it was a full fledged forest and i've been pretty fricking self conscious of it and was deathly afraid of people ever seeing it. Up until recently i was shaving, but now i started waxing my tummy and it hurts, reaaaally fricking bad but i just sucked it up and kept on waxing because i thought i was a freak and disgusting. I was always jealous of those other girls that have absolutely nooo hair on ANY part of their bodies and could flaunt their beautiful skin. And i'm seeing now that my fellow hairy ladies were feeling the same way (which, by the way, it's SO amazing to know i'm not the only one with a hairy body). I had actually started complaining about my hair issues to my best friend and she confessed that she too has a hairy tummy. She even showed me and to my amazement she looked exactly like i did when i didn't wax or shave. I also noticed that one of my good friends had a hairy tummy when she was wearing a mid drift shirt that exposed a little bit of stubble on her lower belly. The funny thing is, on both of these girls, their hair didn't even gross me out!!!! Only mine ever did! And since there is OBVIOUSLY a bunch of us that posses hair on places of our bodies that we wish we didn't, then it's actually really common. I think we aren't noticing it on these "perfect" girls because they either shave/wax/nair/etc. it off or it's actually really not even noticeable unless it's on our own bodies!! Seriously, we need to just stop being so critical of ourselves. Doing so is only giving others the right to judge us and tell us we're less perfect than we are. And to those of you that are scared your boyfriend/future boyfriend(s) may or may not still love you if he found out about your hairy little secret, he really will not care. My boyfriend has touched my butt and my tummy and he doesn't care at all. Not once has he ever told me that my hair bothered him and he still continues to stroke my body (sorry if that sounds weird, but i need to reassure my fellow woman haha). And he has hair on his body too! And he never stresses about it, so i don't think it's fair that just because i'm a girl that i should stress about it. We are all human. We are all imperfect. And having that said, we should all love ourselves. I have now made the decision to stop waxing because one, it hurts like a mother, and two, i really don't enjoy the irritated skin i get after. Now, i am in no way saying that waxing or shaving is wrong. If it makes you more self confident and feel more sexy, then do it! I just hope that after reading this, you can look down at yourself and see how truly beautiful you are. Nothing that is natural is ugly. And what's more natural than hair???
I'm 15 years old and have hair on my stomach. I've heard it been referred to as a 'treasure trail' or something? I was in a 2 piece bathing suit last year and my cousin pointed out my hairy stomach and told me she had one too but she shaves it. I decided to shave mine and I loved it. It eventually grew back thicker and I was so self conscious. I shaved it again a few months ago and it grew back. I've only shaved it twice but I hate the way I look. I go to the pool and see all these other girls my age and older with smooth hairless stomachs and I feel so bad. I wear tankinies all the time now. I feel disgusting and manish. I always think other people notice and talk about me. Should I wax it? I don't know if my mom would let me. I hate my hairy tummy!! I'm scared I'll look like this forever.
I'm 13 years almost 14 and I have horrible hair on my stomach most of it turned blonde from the sun but my 'snail trail' stays black (I'm olive tone and dark haired) I tried waxing it off but a week later it grew back even darker and thicker, apparently shaving makes it worse so I don't know what else to do >.<
hey grls :) m 21, a medical student, and ive had the same pbs all of you have since ive been 11. n like one of the grls, i too inherited my hairiness (lol) and acne from my dad [thank u daddy!] u grls are so not alone! i have hair on my face, stomach, chest, back, butt, evn my thighs! i bleach my sideburns and wax/pluck my upper lip and eyebrows. i recently got my belly button pierced n for tht i shaved my stomach but i wont do tht agn bad idea! neways i just want to tell every1 tht all of u are so beautiful! i thght i was self-concious but readind sm of ur posts, wow! now tht i think abt it... its not really tht big of a deal! shaving= terrible idea! avoid shaving as much as u can newhr. bleach = excellent idea! wax if u can deal with the pain and u hav the patients tht also works well in the long term. n ofcrse thrz always the surgical/dermatological procedures wenvr u can afford em. so u can take sm measures alwys to feel better abt urslf... but even if u dnt... now tht i think abt it, ive never seen a hairy girl n thght "ew" or nething! do wat u can to hide it a lil bit but do it ONLY for yourself! a guy who truly deserves u in bed wud prolly laugh abt it with u or not evn notice it. trust me, body hair has NOTHING to do with how gud a girl is in bed! sm guys actually find it a little attractive. personally if i was a guy i wud prefer a little fuzz on my girl. do wat u can to control it (never shave!) and feeeel pretty. no ****ing moron in the world can make u feel less of urslf if u knw wat ur worth! esp the teenage grls who posted on here... trust me grls ur gorgeous! a woman's body itself is soooo beautiful! hair or no hair! evn if ur not silky smooth n totally stubble free, ur HOT! trust me! n this is all comn from a grl who's v concious abt her body hair (trust me i hav a lot!) but it never makes me feel like m not beautiful nor can ne guy in the world make me feel bad abt myslf. ive seen the most BEAUTIFUL grls who are v v hairy. so? still drop dead gorgeous!! it dsnt matter as much as u think it does! look at it this way-- its jst smthn extra we haftu take care of. jst anothr cple of bucks we gotta spend but it dsnt make ne1 better looking than us! u are alll beautiful grls/women hair or no hair! <3  
One suggestion I can give you....is instead of shaving, or if you are young and don't have the funds to get Laser treatments. Which are not comfortable by the way. This may sound strange but get one of those hair trimmers for upper lips, chins, etc. They run about $20.00 if that. I use one on my upper lip since menopause. They don't hurt, it's quick and you don't get a rash if you don't press very hard. Just skim over your skin. Wherever that annoying hair may grow. It's worth a try and they last for  a very long time.  I hope it helps. I'm an Esthetician by the way. Personally I would rather use one of those than waxing. Hope it helps.
Forums like this are really fantastic for young women everywhere.  I was always terrified of talking to anyone about my "problem" and looking things up online was the only way I felt comfortable dealing with my hair.  I used to constantly look at other women when we were on the beach to see if anyone else was like me before I realized that even if they are, they're probably doing the same thing I am and hiding it!  We live in a society where we're shown beautiful, tall, thin, hairless women and are supposed to think that is the "norm."  There are obviously many exceptions and tons of people (men included) who don't agree with it!  None of the men I have dated have ever said anything about my body hair and trust me, there were times when I was too lazy or pressed for time to deal with it.  I'm 20 years old and I have been dealing with excessive body hair since I was 11.  I started waxing my upper lip with those pre-made wax strips and that works just fine.  I have a few stray dark hairs sometimes on my chin and neck, but I just pluck those out.  For me the hair started getting worse as I got older, and I expect it will continue to get worse and worse.  I have a couple of dark hairs around my nipples, which just happened over the past two years and I just pluck those whenever I think I may be getting intimate with someone.  

The big problem for me is my stomach.  I have a very noticeable "happy trail" of hair running from just above my belly button down my abdomen.  When I was younger, bleach was enough because the hair wasn't as thick or dark as it is now.  So I would recommend that route if you don't mind bleaching once or twice a week.  Then I tried waxing but all of the ingrown hairs started to give me scars.  Later I tried Nair, but since I have pale skin, you can still see the hair follicles under the skin and it isn't smooth to the touch, which is my biggest concern.  So now I'm back to waxing/plucking and trying VERY hard to prevent ingrown hairs and consequently scars.  What I've found works best is to exfoliate gently the day before you plan to wax or pluck.  Then, before you wax make sure the area and all tools you are using are clean, (any time you pluck hair from anywhere on your body make sure your hands, the tweezers and the skin around the hair is clean) and then I use a post-epilation lotion on the area.  I GENTLY exfoliate the next day and then a few times a week following the hair removal.  These steps help me out tremendously and if I do get the ingrown hairs, I exfoliate with warm water and gently push the hair out of the skin, trying to not damage the skin or pull the hair out.  

I plan on getting electrolysis when I have enough money saved up since it's supposed to be permanent whereas with laser removal, hair can come back.  I feel like the money spent on it will be worth it when I think of how much time and money I'll spend over the rest of my life trying to rid myself of unwanted body hair.  As for now though, I'm a college student in a ton of debt and electrolysis is pretty much at the bottom of my financial priorities.  I just encourage all of you young women to talk to someone about your insecurity.  I didn't tell my mom or my sister until two years ago and they were shocked that I didn't think I could share that with them.  Just think of how you would react if your friend told you about some embarrassing body issue, I'm sure none of you would make fun of them, so have a little faith in your close friends and family and reach out if you need to.  The biggest advice I can give you is to just accept that being hairy is completely natural, and then if you want to remove it, try out all of the methods!  You won't know what works best for you until you do, and it's different for everyone depending on what you're comfortable with.

Good luck to all of you, and don't let the hair bother you too much, as you can see, we all have it!!
I  also have the same problem,i have thick coarse hair in my stomach ,around my nipples,and my lower back.I dont have much hairs in my face.But in my body I have a lot of hair.One day I was so mad,so I shaved my stomach hair with razor,but it made condition worst.I used to do waxing in the stomach,but still its so painful and gross and sticky.I am so frustrated with these hairs in my body.Therefore,I always wear long tanks inside my tops,so my lower back is not seen and I dont wanna feel embarassed.I dont get periods regularly,so I went to the doctor and she told me that my hormone was imbalanced and all the hairs in the body and irreegular periods was because of that.I dont know, what to do ,i stopped even thinking about it too much.But I am hoping to get laser or eletrolysis some days in my life and get rid of these hairs forever.
In one of the first twenty comments a girl spoke about how she is very embarassed because of it and cant open up to her boyfriend. I face like the same thing everyday. I am soo scared to let his hands go up there because he might just be grossed out. I just lose it everytime we have a conversation concerning his hands going up my shirt. Its just soo wierd. :(
Wow, it really is so nice to see you're not the only one!

I've been dealing with body hair issues my whole life, as well (I'm 25 now).
I've been doing full body laser treatments and so far so good but it's a lonnng process (depends on each person's body), costs lots of money and some areas like stomach and bum seem to take longer for me. Also, since you have to shave the areas you need treated, it'll feel prickely on, for example, the bum.. which is so not cool when you're being close with ur bf. Other parts of my body have had that prickely feeling go away with the treatments,tho. Some days I'm happy with laser and other days I get super annoyed and upset bc it's still a work in process and not yet at a pt where I feel "normal".

Anyway, I agree. Hair has always been a HUGE insecurity for me and has affected my life in many ways, as well.

Really *****!
I am also very hairy with dark thick hair nearly all over my body. I have found certain things that help. I use Veet hair remover as needed for my chest, stomach, and back up to once a week in summer months. I have found this is much better than Nair since I would get a rash and bumps when using Nair, not to mention it wouldn't always remove all the hair. I use Sally Hansen hair remover cream for my face about once a week. I've also used smooth away hair remover pads that you use to rub off the hair, but that sometimes takes too long and I have actually rubbed my skin raw because my hair is so thick and stubborn. In between Veet hair removal sessions, I sometimes use Sally Hansen wax remover strips. You rub them between your hands instead of having hot mess in the bathroom. And you get a coupon for a $1 off in every box. Hope this helps! By the way, my husband (who I have been with for six years) has never said anything about me being hairy. So, either I'm doing something right or he's just a really nice guy.
Its really a relief to see many girls complaining about the unwanted hair on their body, I'm one such girl too. I thought i may be among very few girs who are facing this problem, but its really comforting to see many others with the same problem. I feel really embarrassed about the hair on the cheeks, stomach, arms and legs, and never really allowed any boy to come close  to me because of it. Do we have to change our eating habits to reduce the problem? or how can i find a solution to this?
I am twelve and I have this problem I remember in year five when a boy went up to me and asked why I had a bit of a jousts he or upper lip hair as I call it and I began to cry it is very embarrassing and I dontknow what to do I can't where all those pretty clothes any more or go swimming I feel like crying all the time.I haven't even had my periods yet and I'm one of the only ones who hasn't had there's yet. I'm also to embarrassed to tell anyone
Thanks you have boosted my confidence slot and I'm twelve so this will help heaps
Oh yeah and I saw this booklet in Australia coz I live there and it comes around every once in a while and it had something that probably cost 300 dollars at the most it removes hair permanently and when I looked at it it didn't look scary or dangerous or painful in any way so I think you should check it output because I'm twelve I can't afford it and don't want to tell my mom or sister
I don't think any of the girls super worried about what their boyfriend or partner think should worry. I only recently realized that maybe having hair on my areolas wasn't entirely normal, or the best, but I had already been intimate with my boyfriend and he didn't say anything or act grossed out before. Then I openly asked him about it and he just shrugged and said he didn't really notice... he might have actually noticed, but it obviously didn't bother him.

Does anyone else try plucking them and have problems? I don't mind the pain but I keep getting ingrowns, which are obviously painful and even more unattractive than the hair. I'm also paranoid about one of them getting infected. Maybe I should just shave? I read somewhere you can't get laser on areolas...

I also have a few stray hairs on my stomach, but I just leave them alone. There's like 4-5 that are noticeable and I don't really want to make them worst so screw it. I just think it's because of my really light skin, which I also refuse to tan for anybody. I don't think we ladies should obsess - especially not the younger ones! I used to think I had the hairiest arms in the world when I was in Junior High, and wanted to shave them, but my Mom said no and I'm so glad she did! I never shaved, and then I realized that they're not that hairy at all - I was the only one who thought so.
I too have hair on my stomach and a few other problem areas.I hate the hair and wish it would go away.I'm too poor for lasar surgery so what do I do for a permanent solution.I have been shaving my tummy so long that it is now scared,is there a solution for the scars?I feel so embarrassed and unattractive,I hope someone comes up with a cheap permanent solution soon!
It is so good to know there are people with this issue! Im PARANOID about it and  it just takes away so much from self confidence! ...I'm always worried that once I get married, my husband will actually hate this! I got rid of the areola hair but there is this "fuzz" on my stomach! sadly I have white skin and dark hair so everything shows! I know fuzz cant be lasered and its just a waste of money because it comes out again. what do you guys do about your ....buttocks?
I guess we should just all be glad we are healthy! maybe it would help if we were self confident! I find that Im very critical of myself and thats really sad! I accept everyone the way they are , except myself!

do you guys think that men mind the "fuzz" on your belly? and my legs arent smooth either!

x
i have the same issue and it does really su*ck but i guess God made some of us this way. I just am trying to build confidence enough to tell my bf about it. I pluck constantly around my nipples and it grows back sooo fast. idk what to do but im sick of it. but then again its starting to feel normal.... it feels great to see other ppl have this insecurity! im 20 years old i dont want this to be my everyday issue till i die!! plucking gets sooooo old. oh well. i guess ill consult my doctor!

_M_Princess(:
every sweet girl or women who is concerned about extra hair should realize that she is beautiful no matte what. I advise you to watch videos like : killing us softly or media's effect on beauty, on you tube. They show women who look unrealistic and are misleading us on purpose. I used to hate my body as I have quite few hairs on my breasts and on tummy line but my boyfriend is very loving. First I used to shave for him all the time we met, one year ago I stopped. I think it is mental torture of women and we should find the real men who loves us for who we are. Although if you are really concerned, try electrolisys.
i feel so joyed that i'm not the only one. i'm currently 12 and i have hair on my arms (THE WORST), belly, my uhh nipples, my butt, my chest, and my legs. its been like that since i was 6 because of my dad.My mom let me shave when i was in 4th grade, but only my legs. leaving everything else hairy. and I can hear people talking about it, and laughing and staring. there have been many occasions where boys or girls come up to me and usually boys called me " gorilla arms" or make comments like "go back to the zoo" and the girls just tell me "why don't you shave yours arms" and it ruined my confidence and i'm forced to wear a jacket or longsleeve everyday.my stepmom asked me if she could you Nair on me but when i asked my mom she said yes but it will grow back darker and thicker. and i absolutely HATE waxing. i don't know what to do.
I have the same issues. I got on this site trying to find something that would make me feel better and I did, thank you all :)
The funny thing is as I started reading your comments, I started getting my own answers. They go something like this:
I once read that if you're not comfortable giving a guy your home phone number then you shouldn't be sleeping with him and I think the same goes here. If I'm not comfortable enough with a man to be naked in front of him and feel beautiful or be able to talk to him about my insecurities, then I shouldn't be sleeping with him. I think the basis for any great/successful relationship is honesty, authenticity and effective communication, so if I am not able to achieve these three, maybe I am not ready to be sleeping with a man right now.
I have hair all over me; I have very hairy arms and legs but they're blonde hairs so they're not too noticible, I have many blonde hairs on my breasts and stomach  (PLUS on my back and shoulders), also a lot on my but and a slight moustache. I shave the moustache, my underarms, my legs, I either use hair removal cream on my stomache or shave it oh and i even shave my hairy feet and toes but i leave the rest. I can SOOOO empathise with all of you. I really thought i was the only one. Im 14 right now, and based on your suggestions i might save up for some waxing and laser treatments when im older. Thanks for the tips guys. But I feel really ashamed of my body and i've never even worn a bikini because of it. There's a girl at my school that all the boys like and she's so lucky she's soooo perfect and normal and im really jealous, even though she's my friend i still constantly compare myself to her feel bad. DAMN the body conscious society we live in! why can't i just be me?!
GAHH! so happy to find more people! i thought i was like the ONLY one...
I have hair on my lower back, and a little happy trail below my belly button, i have thick hair on my legs and used to get made fun of for it in middle school. I now shave/wax my legs regularly...i shave below my belly button, but recently ive just been plucking it. The hair on my lower back i usually shave, but im going to wax it soon. I have little blonde hairs all over my stomach, and im wondering if i should shave them? or just shave them if they turn black? this hair just WONT go away! It makes me too afraid to get close to guys even if theyre interested because im afraid they wont like me after theyve seen it...:(
plus its on my butt too...and im still in high school so i cant afford laser removal...
well,,i have hair EVERYWEREEE on my body!!today i just noticed some black hairs on the sides of my face,almost on my cheeks!!..i have hair on my breast,back,belly,even on my hands and fingers!!it's furstrating!!i feel like a monster!!!doing a laser here in greece on the whoooole body kosts more than 20.000euros!!what am i gonna dooo?? :S
Hey
i'm 19 and I have low self-esteem about the hair thats on my body. I have an extremely hairy bikini line, hair on my lower back, hair on my tummy which I tried to epilate but now it looks weird because there is no hair under my belly but fine hair all over the rest of my tummy. I also have really thick coarse hair on my legs and even wen i shave I can still feel the hair on my legs. What makes it worse is that my boyfriend, that I've recently started dating, commented on how my legs didn't feel smooth even though I shaved that morning. He's a lovely guy and obviously didn't say it to my rude or hurtful but it really embarrasses me and i've tried everything to get rid of my hair. I feel that its ruining my life and I feel sooo self-concious to show my body. My boyfriend has just hinted at sex and I don't mind losing my virginity to him and he is the sweetest guy ever, I'm just soo worried about showing him my body and I hate that this is stopping me from living my life.

It feels good to know that I'm not the only person who is going through this, but i just wish there was something I could do that would get rid of the hair and wouldn't cost a fortune.
Hi to everybody out there!
I've red trough all of your comments, and I must say I'm amazed at how many of you girls around my age (22) have exact problems like I do.
First to say, I'm from mid Europa, so my tan is pale to white, and my hair is black. After all the tests I've been trough, I've concluded my problem is part by genes (fathers side, while mothers side are body-hairless) and part by PCOS (Polycystic ovary syndrome).
I first noticed I was different than other girls when I was around 9 (legs and arms), that's when I started to wear longer sleeves even in the middle of the summer, which is VERY hard when you live 3 miles from the seacost in mediterenian area :((
Then I started shaving with razors, it felt awful because it would scar my skin and leave those all-hateful bumps that were red against my pale skin..I looked even worse than with hairs on X( I was lucky that my skin on arms was spared of them while shaving, but alas, not from scars, I still have them today.
Of course, as it always goes, hairs became thicker and if I would shave in the morning, they would start to regrow in the late afternoon O.o
Afterwards, I started to be troubled with the hairs above my upper lip, people started talking I have moustaches and giving me advices that I try everything to remove them BUT razors. Thankfully, I listened to that advice. I buyed wax strips for facial area and am using them ever since :)
They make my skin soft and without even the tiniest hairs, no red areas after use, only be careful of the residual glue stuck to your skin! Remove it with face creme you usually use everday ( I use Nivea ).
As they slowly grow out, use tweezers on the darkest ones, when others grows back, (after two weeks) they will be MUCH lighter and softer! Then apply face wax strips again!
I still use razor for my hands, once every day, during showering.
And I use it for my whole legs, but I suggest only women razors! ( Venus, Gillette, etc.) and a must have -- moisturizing creme for after effect of smoothnes ( Almond oil, Coconut creme, Baby oil, etc. )
Few years ago I noticed the thin black hairs on my tummy (happy line) and on my areolas. Of course, I freaked out and started shaving them too. And they grew thicker and longer. It's easy to get rid of the ones on my areolas (10 on each) with tweezers, but the ones on my stomach are a nightmare!!
Plucking won't do cuz there's too many of 'em, waxing doesn't last long (three days tops), and shaving leaves scars from ingrown hairs...and I have to remove them every day cuz I have a BF and freak out every time he touches my tummy.
He's a very sensitive and compassionate person that understands me completely about everything, but this I'm too embarassed to talk to him about. I've noticed he stopped caressing my legs since we had a talk about how I hate them, and how they are never soft, even after depilation -_-'
He said he understands, but stopped touching me there since then? I'm confused O.O why?
So I asked him, he said he didn't noticed he did that ( or rather, did't do ) and said he'll do his best to touch my legs again, but didn't X(
I don't remember the last time he did..I guess we will have to have 'the talk' again...
I'm his first GF, and I had a lot of BF's before him, and not once had a bad comment about my body or hairs comming from them. I like him the most till now,and I guess that makes me a little too self-conscienced o-o
I SO want to be accepted by him..he had his first sex with me,and loves me, I really want him to love whole me, with all my little problems and 'additions' ;)

I am also a hairy beast. Yep. I actually came across this site while googling if I should just leave an ingrown hair alone. You can't see it but you can feel it... Anyways that's no longer relevant. I'm Susie, 20 years old and have been diagnosed with polycystic ovarian syndrome. My skin is far from claar, i have darker skin around my genitals and armpits which is normal given my condition, also I have dark scars from what thy call folliculliis on my legs and my bootay. Also i have stretch marks from the fluctuation of my weight. I have excessive amounts of hair all over! Yay me! Lol. I prayed long and hard today. And I must admit I do hope my scars go away but I have found peace. My will be husband doesn't mind any part of me & has no problem with any of it. He is so understanding. I'm very lucky. But that didn't change that I hated myself. The point is, that there is always someone who's got a little more to complain about. Here I am whining about skin & hair when someone is missing an eye or leg or lost a son. Let's acknowledge that we are beautiful and if a man can't accept us flaws and all well he wouldn't be a good mate anyways.

But I do understand the displeasure in unwanted hair. I have some on around the nips, lower back, the love line, and face. DO NOT SHAVE! Your skin will begin to look darker and the hair only grows back thicker. Waxing is good but I would suggest more threading for the face and if you can find a place to do "sugaring" or even try it on yourself (although making your own can be a little tricky). I bleached around my nips and on my face and it worked but there were some hairs that needed to grow back so I need to do it again cuz they're still black.  On my tummy I need to do it longer cuz it didn't take. But that's my suggestion. Do not shave!!!!
Im 12yrs old and i have hair like EVERYWHERE!!! My tummy, my buttocks, on my chest(not alot but not a few) and nips. I feel like a hairy freak! I dont know how to ummm....how do i say this....ah...confront? my mom on my problem. I also am very embarrassed when i change in the locker rooms at school. All my friends are blond and completely hairless. Wheres I who is dark haired(almost black) and naturally tanned. In other words, I have the skin color of an Indian person(no offence or anything to them) and so my dark hair is very noticeable. Can anyone help me????
P.S.- Sometimes I feel as if im never going to have a boyfriend or anything because of this "problem".
Hey girl, read your comment and I have a response for you.

Instead of shaving your legs, try using wax. If you get it done once a month, think of it like a regular routine which is going to cost you less than a monthly phone contract. If you can't afford that, then there are home kits with after cream which will leave your skin fresh. Go for a brand that you know and is easy enough to use, and make sure it comes with after care cream. You can do the same for your bikini line, except it is wise not to use home kits for the bikini area as the hairs are thicker. Qualified people will make it hurt much less, and the pain isn't extreme, it is quick and over in an instance. And the results are completely worth it afterwards. When you first start waxing it lasts up to 4 weeks, but when you get money saved the next option to take is laser.

As for your lower back and belly, your arms are in reach of it so bleach them until again you can afford laser. A good brand to use is Veet because it comes with a nice scented booster cream which smells lush and takes away the nasty smell of the bleach. There is a laser DIY that you can buy from Argos and it is worth the money if your going to use it for a multiple use. And then you could clean it and resell it on to someone else who needs it. Another option for your lower back is to shave it off, and have a tattoo there, the hair will grow back but you wont see it over the tattoo. You just may have a few around it, I know someone who did that. She worked out the shape of the growing hair on her back, and now she has covered the whole lot with a beautiful black pantha tattoo. Drop me an email if you have any further questions- miss_chief3766***@****

Take care xx
I have hair literally everywhere. Arms (the entire thing, not just the forearm), pits (and when I shave those, they become gray!) legs (also the entire thing), back (omg, my back is so hairy), stomach (I have a happy trail, and then fuzz all over the rest.) Even my toes have hair!
I shave my legs, but since I have medium light skin and black hair, you can still see the hair through my skin. The same thing happens to my armpits.
I wax my arms up to my elbow, bc I don't have the time to do more than that. I'm thinking about sucking it up and waxing my legs too... but IT HURTSS >:(. I leave everything else alone. It works out okay bc I don't wear revealing clothes due to religion and whatnot. BUT I NEED TO GET RID OF MY BODY HAIR. IT IS DRIVING ME INSANEEE!
I'm wayy too embarassed for professional laser bc I bet most of the women who go for that have 1/4 as much hair as me. My hairy-ness will scare the technicians!
I just dream that a perfect home laser or magic pill will be invented :(
So i read some of these comments. By the way I am 14yrs old. I have hair everywhere and i don't know what to do i feel like i'm never going to think of my self as a pretty girl. People have say i am pretty but this hair just doesn't make me feel great about myself. i was shy when i was in elementary school but when i reached middle school i slowly got out of my shell. I have had the hair since maybe 4th or 5th grade. I just want to be a hairless, confident girl. reading these comments do help but i don't know somedays i feel like i dont have any cofidents... i have bleached my hair it works but it's still there...i am worried about my other problems i just wish i didn't have THIS problem... no one in my family understands except my cousin but since she is dark you can't see the hair... i hope one day i will get a guy that likes me for me and doesn't mind the hair...and i hope that one day i will be more confident and except myself. For now i'll just try to stay positive and enjoy life the best i can ADVICE: bleach is easier i only shave my underarms and legs. just bleach everything else. Try to stay positive and collect your money for laser hair removal or electrolysis (people say it works well and the hair soon goes away)  Good luck!!! :)
best thing to do is remove hair from tummy and around areolas is from thread! so easy, last about a week or so u see it you keep threading if u know how too. The bikini part is waxing.. i love waxing my armpit & bikini, i buy a pack of wax its arabic.. u can find them in arabic stores it lasts 3 weeks.. for me it does.  dont be ashame.. sun lightens hair also.. go to the beach alone if u're ashame to how ur hairy body & wear ur bikini lay out and let the sun hit ur body. do it everytime its hot and sunny and everytime u get a chance go to the beach and lay ur body out to the sun! ur hair will lighten up that way too! mines did! i am orginally tan between my breast i have blond hair  but i hate it, around my breast is kinda dark its annoying! so i thread it works perfect.. but i dont like shaving between my breast and its hard to thread there so i leave it, oh well, too bad! soo what i have hair! my  my my tummy, i have dark hair i remove it with thread sooo easy and lovin it! bikini i WAX! love iitt! my armpit WAX soo smooth! legs, arms shave and lay out to the sun, done it so many times.. my body looks shinny, hairless most of the times btw my breast is even lighter, bearly see it.. DOO ITT YALL!
Hey, don't get so freaked out by it.  It doesn't mean you're less feminine.  a LOT of guys, myself included, like to see a little hair.  I'm especially attracted to women with thick eyebrows and fine, long "sideburns".

Anywhere in the ::ahem:: under regions is just more of a turn on.

Sure it ***** if you're a teen and being made fun of, but just remember you're going to be that much more attractive to a lot of guys than those girls are.  Work through it as best you can, and know that you are beautiful to a lot of men.  

We're all different, we're all the same!
i have a same problem as yours...i m 24 now...and i started my hair growth since (may be) 19...don't have any idea..what to do
maybe this will help
http://www.007b.com/nipple_gallery.php#hairs
I was always told to wax eventually after a year or so hair becomes thinner and sparse, i know when i wax my underarms they are gone three months and pubic hair is just as course as under arm, it could always be an option.
Up until I started Birth Control (2 years ago) when I was 22 years old, I never had a lot of hair.   After being on birth control.. my hair everywhere started darkening.. becoming thicker.. and spreading out!!!!!   My crotch hair is now growing completely down my legs.. I haven't worn shorts or a bathing suit in 2 years  :(   it makes me so sad...  It wouldn't be so much of a problem if I wasn't getting ingrown hairs...  my crotch area and stomach are scarred from ingrown hairs :(   I have spent hundreds of dollars on creams and products to get rid of the hair and ingrown hairs, but nothing has worked....   This cannot be due to a male hormone imbalance because my Birth Control gives me more FEMALE hormones (right?).....  So, I don't think it's a hormone imbalance... NO ONE in my family has this much hair; I have more hair than the MEN in my family  :(   why is this happening to me?  I feel like I have no one to talk to about  it  :(   I'm going to get Laser Hair treatment as soon as I have enough money...
Yeah, same thing happened to me around that age...  My hair seemed to stop after puberty... but then a couple years later it just started to grow again, and it seems like it will never stop!  lol
I have the same problem!   My skin is light and my hair is super dark, so even when I shave, you can still seem the hair underneath my skin  :(  
hey guys, don't be scared of waxing, it does NOT make your hair grow back worse. In fact, with time it makes it grow back sparser. I use an epilator on my stomach, and I mean around my belly button and higher. I pluck the long hairs around my areola, and I bleach my arm hair whenever it gets too dark (so every 1 and a half months). I pluck my eyebrows and upper lip every other day, and get them waxed maybe every two months. I shave my legs 2 times a week.
Hair isn't anything to be embarrassed about, you may be surprised by your boyfriend's reaction if you let him see it! It turns out mine shaves the sides of his stomach because HE'S embarrassed. So girls, don't be. Just deal.
PS: epilating the first time will hurt, but it's easier after and well worth it. Plus the more you get waxed professionally, the easier it becomes to do it yourself at home, cheap.
Good Luck!
i googled stuff about this and found this page. what a big help it's been. i never realised there were so many other women with the same issues! growing up i was always the odd one out at school, all of my friends have normal hair growth and i used to wonder why i had to shave my legs so much more often than they did. my mum didn't help either, she assumed i was like her so she didn't understand when i broke down and told her about the hair on my stomach, breasts, upper arms, thighs, bum etc. i'm 21 now and the problem is no easier. i'm a chunky girl so covering up is compulsory anyway, i haven't worn shorts or a t shirt since i was about 12 and i haven't been swimming since i was 15 since i'm too embarrassed to be seen in a swimsuit due to the hair on my thighs and arms. it ***** but i guess i've just begun to accept it as a way of life. i'm not like other women so i just stay quiet and stay hidden. i don't allow myself to get close to anyone because i'm embarrassed and ashamed about it. i'm a very private person anyway so none of my friends know and none of my family other than my mum and she doesn't understand what it's like. i turn 21 next month and i honestly didn't think i'd have made it this far. depression has plagued me since my late teens and bouts of suicidal depression come and go. there's a guy in my life now and i really adore him but i'm still too worried to let him see me for who i really am (hair and all... i guess) he's very sweet and would probably not mind too much but i still can't bring myself to tell him or let him see. i pluck, wax and shave the hairs but it's no use, a day or so later and they're back. thick, dark and spiky. i hate it. i can't afford laser removal or electrolysis so it looks like i'm stuck with them, but i honestly don't know how i'll make it through life this way. permanently unhappy with my body and seemingly powerless to change it. in recent years i've become more and more introverted, i have no social life any more, i rarely leave the house unless it's for college classes or meetings,  i just sit in all day reading or writing or listening to music. i feel like i'm wasting the best years of my life but i don't know what to do. seeing these posts has given me a little strength though, knowing that i'm not alone makes me feel better but doesn't solve any of our problems. stay strong girls, we're all in this together i suppose.
There is nothing to be embarrased about! Every single girl has hair problems! I'm veryyyy fair skinned and have extremely dark black hair all over from head to toe. I only shave or wax when I need to, the hairs grow back too quickly as it is. For example ill shave my legs in the mornin and by mid afternoon they are stubbly again. Your best bet would prob be waxing, hurts like hells but totally worth it. Or invest in a good razor.
I'm 21 too and boys do not care about body hair one little bit. And if one does make a hurtful comment, thats his problem not yours. My boyfriend doesnt care about body hair and when he runs his hand over my leg and feels stubble he doesnt care. Its a natural thing. Even he hates his own body hair.
Hair is a part of life whether we all like it or not. NORMAL woman have hair everywhere. These hairless celebrities pay thousands for waxing, laser hair removal etc etc. Its a full time job being hair free.Everyone feels self conscious about having hair in places they shouldnt, even people who make fun of other people probably have stubbly legs!
There are a lot of hair removal options, whether its DIY waxing and shaving or getting it professionally done. My advice it never ever wax the nipple area, that is sensitive skin and may get easily damaged, pluck the most noticably hairs out and other hairs which you think are noticably are usually invisible to everyone else. The stomach area can be waxed also but that will also wax off the small invisible hairs and the dark ones which COULD make it worse. Again I say use a tweezers for the worst hairs. Upper lip should be waxed when it gets bad but inbetween waxes just pluck the darkest hairs out. Eyebrows can be waxed or plucked, for DIY facial waxing use veet facial wax strips. Shave the legs with a sharp, good quality razor. If you have very coarse dark hair mens razor are better because they are designed to cut stronger hairs and will leave your legs smoother. Only shave the part of the leg that will be on show (lower leg for skirts etc.) Underarms you can shave but this can leave a dark shadow, waxing gets rid of this shadow and only takes 5 mins. And finally, bikini area. When not needed, do not shave.. be natural! Invest in good razors and special small razors are available now especially made for the bikini area. Waxing is really good for the bikini and the pain is worth it! Always moisturise the shaved areas to keep them soft. And when shaving I find instead of using shave gel, hair conditioner works 100 times better as the razors glides through it and leaves the skin softer.
Never be afraid to be hairy! All women are :)
Same exact issues as everybody above! The areas that annoy me the most are my back, my stomach, my bikini area, my upper lip and my armpits. I paid $120.00 for laser hair removal for my upper lip. So far, I recommend saving up money for laser hair removal. I'm on my 4th treatment out of 6 treatments and I've noticed a reduction in both growth and coarseness on my upper lip area. I am very pleased with the results. I hope to save up enough money to get laser on my stomach area as well because so far nothing has given me the results I want.
     I've read all of the comments and am trying to figure out why the ladies are so uncomfortable about having hairy arms, hairy lower back, bikini line, and the treasure trail from the belly button going down.   I would rather be with a natural hairy lady than one who is as hairless as a 10 year old little girl.

Be proud of your bodies ladies and don't fall victim to the pressures of so called beauty experts and hair removal companies.  The people who make fun of you are idiots.  You're hot and you're beautiful just the way you are!!!
Oh my God!  This is happiness in the greatest form! Thank you all for sharing you stories and issues that revolve around being a female with hair where we don't want it/ don't think it should be!

I blame all mine on shaving :( All the little fuz that started up when I was about 11 y/o I thought I should shave, and it seems that no matter how much I told my self to stop shaving, I became addicted! I had no idea I would become so depressed. I am a white female, 125lbs, 5'7'' and have dark brown hair and sadly very very stubborn acne and body hair. When I was young I dreamed of becoming a model, but my superficialy challenged body ended that dream around the age of 13- I wanted to die :(

You CAN find someone to love you, so don't settle for the first guy who ecepts you for who you are if you do not love him. I found a man and married him and he is totally ok with what my body is, and understands how embarrassed I am. He supports me and I love him so much!

I am 21 so i've been dealing with this hair **** for 10 years. I wish I saved $50-$100 a year so that today I could have lazer hair removal in all my embarrassing places (nipples, underarms, belly button, happy trail/ lower tummy, and my way way out of line bikini line). Even my legs and feet I have to shave and i always have little stubble dots left :( my body hair is think and dark brown or black. in-grown hairs and like a fickin normal :(  I pluck some areas, shave some areas, and bleach some areas. It ***** so much.
Wow I couldn't even finish the list in one sitting but this is amazing.  I want to put it out there to that I'm hairy too. It's everywhere: Face,chest, tummy, and lower back and just everywhere! But it's thin except in a line under my belly button.  Thank you all so much. I feel so much better.  I hope everyone feels the same.  
I'm 17 and have the same thing but I think mine is worse I have hair EVERYWHERE like my arm hair are super long n I have hair on my lower back n my butt and boobs ect.... I hate it! I can't wear cute dress and bikinis...... plus I have avenue on my back butt shoulder n chest ooh I'm fat too.. ***** right??? But I have to live with it n make the most of what good about me !
I have the same problem, hair around my areolas and down in a line from my belly button, but I just shave them off using a lot of soap. I got really worried when it started appearing because I also have a little bit of dark hair above my top lip so I eventually asked my mum who said its normal. Apparently every woman in my family have the same thing, but they have no issues with fertility. Just shave it all off :)  
Yes I'm 14 and I have hair on my stomach (more like a happy trail) its embarrasing I went to my cousins house to swim and they made a comment about it. Not to be mean she is like 5 but that doesn't mean i didn't want to cry. If I wax it will it spread?
It should not spread. I wax my 'happy trail' and then I shave it to make sure all the hair is gone because usually I miss some hairs. Do a combination of waxing and shaving. You can just shave if you want but I think waxing lasts a bit longer so I would do both methods to be on the safe side.

The wax I use is acai berry, its hard wax, I prefer hard wax because unlike the other wax which requires strips, you can just pull it off with your hands and you can go back over the same area more than once, which you can't do using the regular soft wax.
I'm a guy and i like some hair on a woman,I know others that do to,i think society makes you feel embarased aboat it when you shoudn't be.The beauty companies are trying to make money,reel beauty is eating healthy,exercising and smiling,not trying to look like a seven year old.
I like a thick pubic bush as this like a mystery waiting to be explored and it is a sign of a mature woman.i also think it is sexy to have underarm hair and a happy trail and i like a few hairs on the nipples to.There are heaps of us out there so don't feel embarrased about it.
well im 20 years old n i have hair on ma stomach although my periods come normally. i dont wax dn or remove dm. bt still dy r abit dark. wat 2 do with dm ?
I'm fourteen, and have hair like everywhere. I have really dark hair, so it's really noticeable, and I've been paranoid about it, especially since my cousin told me I had really hairy arms. Because I'm super self conscious, I shaved my arms once(a really bad idea, 'cause now I have hair on my hands and fingers, and it looks unruly and gross), and I also shave pretty much the whole front of my torso. I have a hairy back, I have little hairs between and around my breasts, I have a ring of long hair around my nipples, and because I was stupid, I insisted on trying to get rid of the hair between my brows by picking at it. Now I have scabs there, and it goes red a lot. It's good to know people also have lots of hair, but I still feel like a bit of a freak... Because it gets so long, and dark, I'm always terrified of what people are thinking about me.
Yes!! It is very common in women/girls! I'm dark haired and fair skin, so my hair has always showed well on my body. Luckily, my best friend growing up had the same problem (she is half middle eastern) during our sleepovers we would shave our whole bodies, wax our staches, bleach each others backs and arms LOL and we still laugh about it to this day.. She has gotten laser hair removal with great results, but I'm still a college student who can't really afford it. I've embraced my hairiness... My fiance doesn't care he just makes fun of me when my mustache starts to grow in and it becomes noticeable (my mom is the EXACT same way her mustache grows fast) I'm 21 now and I've noticed the past 2 years my belly button hair (which I've always had since I was 15) has gotten THICK and grows back almost immediately after I shave! It *****... I've heard of PCOS causing thick belly button hair that grows upwards, but I honestly believe it is part of becoming a woman. I used to shave my arms since middle school, but recently started growing it out cause I'm sick of spending 45 mins in the shower shaving my whole body... My soon to be mother in law says that her facial/body hair gets worse with age...that she will get random thick hairs on her chin/neck...everywhere... ladies please just understand this is normal, it does NOT mean you have hormonal imbalances (but it may be in some cases) either way, just try to embrace it! Bleaching helps and shaving too much causes ingrown hairs. I have thin and really fair skin so it really ***** to shave especially on thick areas like pubic, belly button and armpits.. My skin gets irritated and bumpy so I try not to shave too often. For those of you still in high school and struggling, try to find a dark haired girlfriend you can hang out with because odds are she's gonna have the same hairy problems as you ;-) it definitely helped in middle school/high school having a best friend with the same problems. My blonde friends always had fine hair on their bodies or none at all, but remember they also have fine hair on their heads. Thick hair on the head is beautiful so that is a benefit for us hairy chicas. I have a head full of luscious long thick gorgeous hair that lots of girls wish they had, so I'm very happy with that! Embrace it and don't let it eat you alive! There are PLENTY of men out there who have mothers & sisters with the SAME problems who totally understand. They won't think your gross! (my fiance has 2 sisters growing up who shaved their whole bodies and bleached too) Seriously if someone judges you for your body hair then tell them to eff off! Also, just SHAVE it too! If you don't want people to see the hair just shave it! If you're afraid to ask your mom if you can shave (which I was, but I asked her by 5th grade) Don't be! Just tell her you need to start shaving and shave whatever areas really bother you.. Eventually you will grow up as a young adult and you'll find your own ways to cope with it. Personally, I just don't shave anymore bc I feel like it's a waste of time. Only when I'm gonna wear shorts, lay at the pool, etc. I'm so lazy to even wax my mustache, I just shave it now. You can shave any part of your body. Luckily my eyebrows don't grow really. Just the lower part of my legs, bikini area so bad, belly button, lately around the nipples, armpits and arms. Good luck :-) You're NOT alone. Nope.
P.S. there are soo many comments on this forum, it just proves your not alone. plus, think about all the girls who READ this forum, but never comment b/c they are too lazy to post their story. I almost didn't, but read some stories that really hit home, so I needed to share my outlook on this hairy situation
I have the same problems- i suffer from PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome) which causes hair growth and hormone problems. The hair around my stomach wasnt too bad, but my sister is a beauty therapist so i figured i may as well have it waxed off. Unfortunately, i seem to be in the very slight minority where the hair grew back thicker!! Its getting me down so im looking into lazer treatment. I seem to get time when hair around my areolas is there, and i hate it, but other times (more often than not) there is none- im guessing it comes and goes with hormone cycle maybe??
I have had lots of hair around my nipple and along my belly-button to my pubic hair since about age 20 (currently 28). It has been a source of anxiety and feeling so inadequate and gross. I risked telling my boyfriend, now husband, about hair around nipples. He was very accepting. I tweeze around the nipples but run into major problems with ingrown hairs. Have to regularly "dig" hair out bc it is ingrown. As for my stomach I started to cut it short or shave it but stopped tweezing bc of ingrown. You know, it is amazing how much a person can accept.......my husband is very nonchalant about the whole thing and it has really changed my whole experience of it all. Honestly...I spent over 1500 on laser hair remvoval on my breasts three years ago and NOTHING changed. NOTHING. so, dont waste your money. my best friend is blonde hair and blue eyed and also has hair around her nipples. and i am italian! the two of us decided that the odds are many women struggle with this and no one talks about it and we just have to work it out with the men we marry. i mean, really....what are the chances that a blonde anglo and a very dark italian both have the same problem?? so, the bottom line is this: i have been married for a month and am STILL working out my issues and insecurities with body hair. most days i hate my body. BUT, i am willing to expose myself in ways i never was before bc i have a very accepting and loving partner. you likely need to find a good and humble person to experience your body with and let go of the recommendations about laser hair removal and other remedies. bodies are complicated and unique.
Wow, I am so glad that I am not alone in this. I always thought I was some sort of freak. I am very hairy. I have hairy arms, areolas and around my belly button. I also have hair on my chin and the sides of my face. I even have these random hairs that pop up on my shoulders. I started shaving it when i was a teen and of course that has made it only grow thicker >.< I have been married for 7 years and I still keep it a secret from my husband. I just try to shave it all off every day. The bad thing about shaving is that it seems that even if you have the really good razors like I do, it still leaves a bit of a stubble. I would love to be hair-free, except for my head of course lol. Regardless its so nice to know that I am not alone in this situation :)
I am also thirteen years old, and I have Mexican and Cuban in me but I also have Irish and Polish in me.  My whole family has a tan but I'm as white as they come! I have a lot of body and facial hair because of the Hispanic side of me. I hate it! I think when I can afford it, I'm going to get a full body laser treatment. Does anyone know if it will work? I just want to look normal!
Hello I got PCOS Syndrome an Hirtusim put together it cause a lot of problems I have a lot of unwanted excess hair all over body just like others. I have tried Saw Palmetto an it didnt really do to much. I am looking to see if anyone knows of any pills or herbs to take to eliminate hair on stomach an arms an breasts an hands?  I have had this for long time sice age 9 now 28 . I dont really have an urv e to be imtimate either. I also once in a while have cysts on Ovaries at end of month so it causes very bad cramping an pain an rolled in a ball. Does anyone have any other suggestions. I also tried Vitex it is another herb from gnc an it didnt do anything for PCOS. I need tp get rid of hair on stomach an breast an armsbthen I be more confident in myself. I have had these issues always getting teased in school an .so forth all mu life due to excess hair even on my butox
Thanks,
Mu email ***@****
Catherine
Thanks,
Mu email ***@****
Catherine
You should still get a check up on that because I have been getting all the same things as all of you that are commenting I haven't got a check up yet but these are symptoms for PCOS and your sister having it is another symptom .. I'm 13 though and researching it like crazy.. But just to be sure I would check
I've been having a lot of symptoms for PCOS i'm 13 I've had these symptoms since I was about 11 though i haven't mentioned it to my mom though kind of embarrassed I have Hair on my stomach,chest,neck,toes and I never really paid any attention to my period schedule but i'm going to and if it's irregular and stuff i'm going to mention this to my mom
I have hairs on my chest and on my breasts,not a few but a lot,it didn't bother me because their small hairs and hardly noticeable but since doctor ozz discussed infertility and hairs on breasts I got scared =(
Now there are pulsed light hair removal systems you can but for $200-300. I have been using one from Remington and it has made a huge difference. Earlier, I spent $1000 on laser which only bought me two rounds of laser on chest/nipples, stomach line and armpits. With Remington IPL (iLight) which is to be used every few weeks and I use intermittently, my hair are fewer, thinner and lighter when they grow back. If I stuck to their recommended schedule they probably would have been gone. I have used it for almost an year but probably applied it no more than 4-5 times. I also use it for my upper lip and side burns (although not recommended by the manufacturer) and the hair there are almost gone! I have to say I have found the solution for me, though a bit late (I am in my early 40s).
I to am 36 noticed hair arround my nipples around 14 started plunking and shaving I did ask my mom at that age she said leave it alone as for she to had it it is heritage but I still hide it from m hubby of 8 yrs Iam embarrassed I also have chest hairs not bad but if I don't shave u can see it well I am Italian always said its in my blood :) I have a mustache that I bleach no one will I shave I knw what will happen and as long as u bleach it it stays light but I don't think it would work on nipple n chest ad they r to thick now I shave below my bell button n do bleach my hair from above belly to chest I am glad I did research n boy were in it together I was told it is testosterone yes a manly thing but even women have we all do just comes out stronger in some n in some not well were the f*cked ones lol and for the young ones 13 I know been there try the facial bleach first I have black hair n works wonders for everything to sideburns mustaches Billy's chest hairs all the way down lol work before shaving u can never go back its called Jollleen bleach  good luck Cynthia nj

Cat
I'm not a doctor, but I am familiar with this issue.  A nurse once examined me specifically for these signs and then recommended a test of my testosterone levels.  I am a female, but was presenting with other associated symptoms as well.  Long story short, I was eventually diagnosed with PCOS, Polycystic Ovary Syndrome.  I would recommend doing some research on that and see if other pieces of the puzzle start to fit together.  For your sake, I would hope they do not, but you might also find some answers you are looking for.  Best of luck to you!
I wouldn't be worried about talking to you mom about it at all. I also have the same problem with facial hair and the important thing is to not let it, or others, bother you.
I was very self-conscious about it untilI talked to my best friend's mom who is a hair dresser and she showed me how to wax it ( I personally think its the best way--I would strongly advise you not to use products like Nair...they don't seem to work right)
Just remember you are not alone!
Best of luck!!:)
The Candela Gentlelase laser contains cryogen spray (skin cooling spray) to cool and numb the area prior to laser treatment for extra comfort. Numbing cream can also be purchased from a pharmacy eg. Emla cream 5%.
Best way to have hair removed from areola, upper lip, belly line, side burns chin is candela gentle lapse laser. It helps boosts your confidence to be lady like.