hair around areola, stomach, bikini line...when does it stop!
Does anyone else out there have hair around their areolas..not just a few...a lot.  What about hair on their stomach..what some people call the "love line".  I am SICK of hair..I don't know what to do!  I even have hair "few" on my chest and shoulders.  I was told I have too much male hormone....don't believe that then I also wouldn't have a problem being sexually active.  I have no disire in that area.  Is there another person like this out there?  Please help.  How do I calm the hair growth?  Wipe it out?
Hey
i'm 19 and I have low self-esteem about the hair thats on my body. I have an extremely hairy bikini line, hair on my lower back, hair on my tummy which I tried to epilate but now it looks weird because there is no hair under my belly but fine hair all over the rest of my tummy. I also have really thick coarse hair on my legs and even wen i shave I can still feel the hair on my legs. What makes it worse is that my boyfriend, that I've recently started dating, commented on how my legs didn't feel smooth even though I shaved that morning. He's a lovely guy and obviously didn't say it to my rude or hurtful but it really embarrasses me and i've tried everything to get rid of my hair. I feel that its ruining my life and I feel sooo self-concious to show my body. My boyfriend has just hinted at sex and I don't mind losing my virginity to him and he is the sweetest guy ever, I'm just soo worried about showing him my body and I hate that this is stopping me from living my life.

It feels good to know that I'm not the only person who is going through this, but i just wish there was something I could do that would get rid of the hair and wouldn't cost a fortune.
Hi to everybody out there!
I've red trough all of your comments, and I must say I'm amazed at how many of you girls around my age (22) have exact problems like I do.
First to say, I'm from mid Europa, so my tan is pale to white, and my hair is black. After all the tests I've been trough, I've concluded my problem is part by genes (fathers side, while mothers side are body-hairless) and part by PCOS (Polycystic ovary syndrome).
I first noticed I was different than other girls when I was around 9 (legs and arms), that's when I started to wear longer sleeves even in the middle of the summer, which is VERY hard when you live 3 miles from the seacost in mediterenian area :((
Then I started shaving with razors, it felt awful because it would scar my skin and leave those all-hateful bumps that were red against my pale skin..I looked even worse than with hairs on X( I was lucky that my skin on arms was spared of them while shaving, but alas, not from scars, I still have them today.
Of course, as it always goes, hairs became thicker and if I would shave in the morning, they would start to regrow in the late afternoon O.o
Afterwards, I started to be troubled with the hairs above my upper lip, people started talking I have moustaches and giving me advices that I try everything to remove them BUT razors. Thankfully, I listened to that advice. I buyed wax strips for facial area and am using them ever since :)
They make my skin soft and without even the tiniest hairs, no red areas after use, only be careful of the residual glue stuck to your skin! Remove it with face creme you usually use everday ( I use Nivea ).
As they slowly grow out, use tweezers on the darkest ones, when others grows back, (after two weeks) they will be MUCH lighter and softer! Then apply face wax strips again!
I still use razor for my hands, once every day, during showering.
And I use it for my whole legs, but I suggest only women razors! ( Venus, Gillette, etc.) and a must have -- moisturizing creme for after effect of smoothnes ( Almond oil, Coconut creme, Baby oil, etc. )
Few years ago I noticed the thin black hairs on my tummy (happy line) and on my areolas. Of course, I freaked out and started shaving them too. And they grew thicker and longer. It's easy to get rid of the ones on my areolas (10 on each) with tweezers, but the ones on my stomach are a nightmare!!
Plucking won't do cuz there's too many of 'em, waxing doesn't last long (three days tops), and shaving leaves scars from ingrown hairs...and I have to remove them every day cuz I have a BF and freak out every time he touches my tummy.
He's a very sensitive and compassionate person that understands me completely about everything, but this I'm too embarassed to talk to him about. I've noticed he stopped caressing my legs since we had a talk about how I hate them, and how they are never soft, even after depilation -_-'
He said he understands, but stopped touching me there since then? I'm confused O.O why?
So I asked him, he said he didn't noticed he did that ( or rather, did't do ) and said he'll do his best to touch my legs again, but didn't X(
I don't remember the last time he did..I guess we will have to have 'the talk' again...
I'm his first GF, and I had a lot of BF's before him, and not once had a bad comment about my body or hairs comming from them. I like him the most till now,and I guess that makes me a little too self-conscienced o-o
I SO want to be accepted by him..he had his first sex with me,and loves me, I really want him to love whole me, with all my little problems and 'additions' ;)

I am also a hairy beast. Yep. I actually came across this site while googling if I should just leave an ingrown hair alone. You can't see it but you can feel it... Anyways that's no longer relevant. I'm Susie, 20 years old and have been diagnosed with polycystic ovarian syndrome. My skin is far from claar, i have darker skin around my genitals and armpits which is normal given my condition, also I have dark scars from what thy call folliculliis on my legs and my bootay. Also i have stretch marks from the fluctuation of my weight. I have excessive amounts of hair all over! Yay me! Lol. I prayed long and hard today. And I must admit I do hope my scars go away but I have found peace. My will be husband doesn't mind any part of me & has no problem with any of it. He is so understanding. I'm very lucky. But that didn't change that I hated myself. The point is, that there is always someone who's got a little more to complain about. Here I am whining about skin & hair when someone is missing an eye or leg or lost a son. Let's acknowledge that we are beautiful and if a man can't accept us flaws and all well he wouldn't be a good mate anyways.

But I do understand the displeasure in unwanted hair. I have some on around the nips, lower back, the love line, and face. DO NOT SHAVE! Your skin will begin to look darker and the hair only grows back thicker. Waxing is good but I would suggest more threading for the face and if you can find a place to do "sugaring" or even try it on yourself (although making your own can be a little tricky). I bleached around my nips and on my face and it worked but there were some hairs that needed to grow back so I need to do it again cuz they're still black.  On my tummy I need to do it longer cuz it didn't take. But that's my suggestion. Do not shave!!!!
Im 12yrs old and i have hair like EVERYWHERE!!! My tummy, my buttocks, on my chest(not alot but not a few) and nips. I feel like a hairy freak! I dont know how to ummm....how do i say this....ah...confront? my mom on my problem. I also am very embarrassed when i change in the locker rooms at school. All my friends are blond and completely hairless. Wheres I who is dark haired(almost black) and naturally tanned. In other words, I have the skin color of an Indian person(no offence or anything to them) and so my dark hair is very noticeable. Can anyone help me????
P.S.- Sometimes I feel as if im never going to have a boyfriend or anything because of this "problem".
Hey girl, read your comment and I have a response for you.

Instead of shaving your legs, try using wax. If you get it done once a month, think of it like a regular routine which is going to cost you less than a monthly phone contract. If you can't afford that, then there are home kits with after cream which will leave your skin fresh. Go for a brand that you know and is easy enough to use, and make sure it comes with after care cream. You can do the same for your bikini line, except it is wise not to use home kits for the bikini area as the hairs are thicker. Qualified people will make it hurt much less, and the pain isn't extreme, it is quick and over in an instance. And the results are completely worth it afterwards. When you first start waxing it lasts up to 4 weeks, but when you get money saved the next option to take is laser.

As for your lower back and belly, your arms are in reach of it so bleach them until again you can afford laser. A good brand to use is Veet because it comes with a nice scented booster cream which smells lush and takes away the nasty smell of the bleach. There is a laser DIY that you can buy from Argos and it is worth the money if your going to use it for a multiple use. And then you could clean it and resell it on to someone else who needs it. Another option for your lower back is to shave it off, and have a tattoo there, the hair will grow back but you wont see it over the tattoo. You just may have a few around it, I know someone who did that. She worked out the shape of the growing hair on her back, and now she has covered the whole lot with a beautiful black pantha tattoo. Drop me an email if you have any further questions- miss_chief3766***@****

Take care xx
I have hair literally everywhere. Arms (the entire thing, not just the forearm), pits (and when I shave those, they become gray!) legs (also the entire thing), back (omg, my back is so hairy), stomach (I have a happy trail, and then fuzz all over the rest.) Even my toes have hair!
I shave my legs, but since I have medium light skin and black hair, you can still see the hair through my skin. The same thing happens to my armpits.
I wax my arms up to my elbow, bc I don't have the time to do more than that. I'm thinking about sucking it up and waxing my legs too... but IT HURTSS >:(. I leave everything else alone. It works out okay bc I don't wear revealing clothes due to religion and whatnot. BUT I NEED TO GET RID OF MY BODY HAIR. IT IS DRIVING ME INSANEEE!
I'm wayy too embarassed for professional laser bc I bet most of the women who go for that have 1/4 as much hair as me. My hairy-ness will scare the technicians!
I just dream that a perfect home laser or magic pill will be invented :(
Well i am just like you :") but even worse I get bad reactions from hair removing because of my high sensitivity and easy getting scars and infections , it is very exhausting , i am thinking about laser too but it needs aloot of saving and this makes me sick ! Well and dont worry I dont think they judge and u shave the area before trea
So i read some of these comments. By the way I am 14yrs old. I have hair everywhere and i don't know what to do i feel like i'm never going to think of my self as a pretty girl. People have say i am pretty but this hair just doesn't make me feel great about myself. i was shy when i was in elementary school but when i reached middle school i slowly got out of my shell. I have had the hair since maybe 4th or 5th grade. I just want to be a hairless, confident girl. reading these comments do help but i don't know somedays i feel like i dont have any cofidents... i have bleached my hair it works but it's still there...i am worried about my other problems i just wish i didn't have THIS problem... no one in my family understands except my cousin but since she is dark you can't see the hair... i hope one day i will get a guy that likes me for me and doesn't mind the hair...and i hope that one day i will be more confident and except myself. For now i'll just try to stay positive and enjoy life the best i can ADVICE: bleach is easier i only shave my underarms and legs. just bleach everything else. Try to stay positive and collect your money for laser hair removal or electrolysis (people say it works well and the hair soon goes away)  Good luck!!! :)
best thing to do is remove hair from tummy and around areolas is from thread! so easy, last about a week or so u see it you keep threading if u know how too. The bikini part is waxing.. i love waxing my armpit & bikini, i buy a pack of wax its arabic.. u can find them in arabic stores it lasts 3 weeks.. for me it does.  dont be ashame.. sun lightens hair also.. go to the beach alone if u're ashame to how ur hairy body & wear ur bikini lay out and let the sun hit ur body. do it everytime its hot and sunny and everytime u get a chance go to the beach and lay ur body out to the sun! ur hair will lighten up that way too! mines did! i am orginally tan between my breast i have blond hair  but i hate it, around my breast is kinda dark its annoying! so i thread it works perfect.. but i dont like shaving between my breast and its hard to thread there so i leave it, oh well, too bad! soo what i have hair! my  my my tummy, i have dark hair i remove it with thread sooo easy and lovin it! bikini i WAX! love iitt! my armpit WAX soo smooth! legs, arms shave and lay out to the sun, done it so many times.. my body looks shinny, hairless most of the times btw my breast is even lighter, bearly see it.. DOO ITT YALL!
Hey, don't get so freaked out by it.  It doesn't mean you're less feminine.  a LOT of guys, myself included, like to see a little hair.  I'm especially attracted to women with thick eyebrows and fine, long "sideburns".

Anywhere in the ::ahem:: under regions is just more of a turn on.

Sure it ***** if you're a teen and being made fun of, but just remember you're going to be that much more attractive to a lot of guys than those girls are.  Work through it as best you can, and know that you are beautiful to a lot of men.  

We're all different, we're all the same!
i have a same problem as yours...i m 24 now...and i started my hair growth since (may be) 19...don't have any idea..what to do
maybe this will help
http://www.007b.com/nipple_gallery.php#hairs
I was always told to wax eventually after a year or so hair becomes thinner and sparse, i know when i wax my underarms they are gone three months and pubic hair is just as course as under arm, it could always be an option.
Up until I started Birth Control (2 years ago) when I was 22 years old, I never had a lot of hair.   After being on birth control.. my hair everywhere started darkening.. becoming thicker.. and spreading out!!!!!   My crotch hair is now growing completely down my legs.. I haven't worn shorts or a bathing suit in 2 years  :(   it makes me so sad...  It wouldn't be so much of a problem if I wasn't getting ingrown hairs...  my crotch area and stomach are scarred from ingrown hairs :(   I have spent hundreds of dollars on creams and products to get rid of the hair and ingrown hairs, but nothing has worked....   This cannot be due to a male hormone imbalance because my Birth Control gives me more FEMALE hormones (right?).....  So, I don't think it's a hormone imbalance... NO ONE in my family has this much hair; I have more hair than the MEN in my family  :(   why is this happening to me?  I feel like I have no one to talk to about  it  :(   I'm going to get Laser Hair treatment as soon as I have enough money...
Yeah, same thing happened to me around that age...  My hair seemed to stop after puberty... but then a couple years later it just started to grow again, and it seems like it will never stop!  lol
I have the same problem!   My skin is light and my hair is super dark, so even when I shave, you can still seem the hair underneath my skin  :(  
hey guys, don't be scared of waxing, it does NOT make your hair grow back worse. In fact, with time it makes it grow back sparser. I use an epilator on my stomach, and I mean around my belly button and higher. I pluck the long hairs around my areola, and I bleach my arm hair whenever it gets too dark (so every 1 and a half months). I pluck my eyebrows and upper lip every other day, and get them waxed maybe every two months. I shave my legs 2 times a week.
Hair isn't anything to be embarrassed about, you may be surprised by your boyfriend's reaction if you let him see it! It turns out mine shaves the sides of his stomach because HE'S embarrassed. So girls, don't be. Just deal.
PS: epilating the first time will hurt, but it's easier after and well worth it. Plus the more you get waxed professionally, the easier it becomes to do it yourself at home, cheap.
Good Luck!
i googled stuff about this and found this page. what a big help it's been. i never realised there were so many other women with the same issues! growing up i was always the odd one out at school, all of my friends have normal hair growth and i used to wonder why i had to shave my legs so much more often than they did. my mum didn't help either, she assumed i was like her so she didn't understand when i broke down and told her about the hair on my stomach, breasts, upper arms, thighs, bum etc. i'm 21 now and the problem is no easier. i'm a chunky girl so covering up is compulsory anyway, i haven't worn shorts or a t shirt since i was about 12 and i haven't been swimming since i was 15 since i'm too embarrassed to be seen in a swimsuit due to the hair on my thighs and arms. it ***** but i guess i've just begun to accept it as a way of life. i'm not like other women so i just stay quiet and stay hidden. i don't allow myself to get close to anyone because i'm embarrassed and ashamed about it. i'm a very private person anyway so none of my friends know and none of my family other than my mum and she doesn't understand what it's like. i turn 21 next month and i honestly didn't think i'd have made it this far. depression has plagued me since my late teens and bouts of suicidal depression come and go. there's a guy in my life now and i really adore him but i'm still too worried to let him see me for who i really am (hair and all... i guess) he's very sweet and would probably not mind too much but i still can't bring myself to tell him or let him see. i pluck, wax and shave the hairs but it's no use, a day or so later and they're back. thick, dark and spiky. i hate it. i can't afford laser removal or electrolysis so it looks like i'm stuck with them, but i honestly don't know how i'll make it through life this way. permanently unhappy with my body and seemingly powerless to change it. in recent years i've become more and more introverted, i have no social life any more, i rarely leave the house unless it's for college classes or meetings,  i just sit in all day reading or writing or listening to music. i feel like i'm wasting the best years of my life but i don't know what to do. seeing these posts has given me a little strength though, knowing that i'm not alone makes me feel better but doesn't solve any of our problems. stay strong girls, we're all in this together i suppose.
There is nothing to be embarrased about! Every single girl has hair problems! I'm veryyyy fair skinned and have extremely dark black hair all over from head to toe. I only shave or wax when I need to, the hairs grow back too quickly as it is. For example ill shave my legs in the mornin and by mid afternoon they are stubbly again. Your best bet would prob be waxing, hurts like hells but totally worth it. Or invest in a good razor.
I'm 21 too and boys do not care about body hair one little bit. And if one does make a hurtful comment, thats his problem not yours. My boyfriend doesnt care about body hair and when he runs his hand over my leg and feels stubble he doesnt care. Its a natural thing. Even he hates his own body hair.
Hair is a part of life whether we all like it or not. NORMAL woman have hair everywhere. These hairless celebrities pay thousands for waxing, laser hair removal etc etc. Its a full time job being hair free.Everyone feels self conscious about having hair in places they shouldnt, even people who make fun of other people probably have stubbly legs!
There are a lot of hair removal options, whether its DIY waxing and shaving or getting it professionally done. My advice it never ever wax the nipple area, that is sensitive skin and may get easily damaged, pluck the most noticably hairs out and other hairs which you think are noticably are usually invisible to everyone else. The stomach area can be waxed also but that will also wax off the small invisible hairs and the dark ones which COULD make it worse. Again I say use a tweezers for the worst hairs. Upper lip should be waxed when it gets bad but inbetween waxes just pluck the darkest hairs out. Eyebrows can be waxed or plucked, for DIY facial waxing use veet facial wax strips. Shave the legs with a sharp, good quality razor. If you have very coarse dark hair mens razor are better because they are designed to cut stronger hairs and will leave your legs smoother. Only shave the part of the leg that will be on show (lower leg for skirts etc.) Underarms you can shave but this can leave a dark shadow, waxing gets rid of this shadow and only takes 5 mins. And finally, bikini area. When not needed, do not shave.. be natural! Invest in good razors and special small razors are available now especially made for the bikini area. Waxing is really good for the bikini and the pain is worth it! Always moisturise the shaved areas to keep them soft. And when shaving I find instead of using shave gel, hair conditioner works 100 times better as the razors glides through it and leaves the skin softer.
Never be afraid to be hairy! All women are :)
Same exact issues as everybody above! The areas that annoy me the most are my back, my stomach, my bikini area, my upper lip and my armpits. I paid $120.00 for laser hair removal for my upper lip. So far, I recommend saving up money for laser hair removal. I'm on my 4th treatment out of 6 treatments and I've noticed a reduction in both growth and coarseness on my upper lip area. I am very pleased with the results. I hope to save up enough money to get laser on my stomach area as well because so far nothing has given me the results I want.
     I've read all of the comments and am trying to figure out why the ladies are so uncomfortable about having hairy arms, hairy lower back, bikini line, and the treasure trail from the belly button going down.   I would rather be with a natural hairy lady than one who is as hairless as a 10 year old little girl.

Be proud of your bodies ladies and don't fall victim to the pressures of so called beauty experts and hair removal companies.  The people who make fun of you are idiots.  You're hot and you're beautiful just the way you are!!!
Oh my God!  This is happiness in the greatest form! Thank you all for sharing you stories and issues that revolve around being a female with hair where we don't want it/ don't think it should be!

I blame all mine on shaving :( All the little fuz that started up when I was about 11 y/o I thought I should shave, and it seems that no matter how much I told my self to stop shaving, I became addicted! I had no idea I would become so depressed. I am a white female, 125lbs, 5'7'' and have dark brown hair and sadly very very stubborn acne and body hair. When I was young I dreamed of becoming a model, but my superficialy challenged body ended that dream around the age of 13- I wanted to die :(

You CAN find someone to love you, so don't settle for the first guy who ecepts you for who you are if you do not love him. I found a man and married him and he is totally ok with what my body is, and understands how embarrassed I am. He supports me and I love him so much!

I am 21 so i've been dealing with this hair **** for 10 years. I wish I saved $50-$100 a year so that today I could have lazer hair removal in all my embarrassing places (nipples, underarms, belly button, happy trail/ lower tummy, and my way way out of line bikini line). Even my legs and feet I have to shave and i always have little stubble dots left :( my body hair is think and dark brown or black. in-grown hairs and like a fickin normal :(  I pluck some areas, shave some areas, and bleach some areas. It ***** so much.
Wow I couldn't even finish the list in one sitting but this is amazing.  I want to put it out there to that I'm hairy too. It's everywhere: Face,chest, tummy, and lower back and just everywhere! But it's thin except in a line under my belly button.  Thank you all so much. I feel so much better.  I hope everyone feels the same.  
I'm 17 and have the same thing but I think mine is worse I have hair EVERYWHERE like my arm hair are super long n I have hair on my lower back n my butt and boobs ect.... I hate it! I can't wear cute dress and bikinis...... plus I have avenue on my back butt shoulder n chest ooh I'm fat too.. ***** right??? But I have to live with it n make the most of what good about me !
I have the same problem, hair around my areolas and down in a line from my belly button, but I just shave them off using a lot of soap. I got really worried when it started appearing because I also have a little bit of dark hair above my top lip so I eventually asked my mum who said its normal. Apparently every woman in my family have the same thing, but they have no issues with fertility. Just shave it all off :)  
Yes I'm 14 and I have hair on my stomach (more like a happy trail) its embarrasing I went to my cousins house to swim and they made a comment about it. Not to be mean she is like 5 but that doesn't mean i didn't want to cry. If I wax it will it spread?
It should not spread. I wax my 'happy trail' and then I shave it to make sure all the hair is gone because usually I miss some hairs. Do a combination of waxing and shaving. You can just shave if you want but I think waxing lasts a bit longer so I would do both methods to be on the safe side.

The wax I use is acai berry, its hard wax, I prefer hard wax because unlike the other wax which requires strips, you can just pull it off with your hands and you can go back over the same area more than once, which you can't do using the regular soft wax.
I'm a guy and i like some hair on a woman,I know others that do to,i think society makes you feel embarased aboat it when you shoudn't be.The beauty companies are trying to make money,reel beauty is eating healthy,exercising and smiling,not trying to look like a seven year old.
I like a thick pubic bush as this like a mystery waiting to be explored and it is a sign of a mature woman.i also think it is sexy to have underarm hair and a happy trail and i like a few hairs on the nipples to.There are heaps of us out there so don't feel embarrased about it.
well im 20 years old n i have hair on ma stomach although my periods come normally. i dont wax dn or remove dm. bt still dy r abit dark. wat 2 do with dm ?
I'm fourteen, and have hair like everywhere. I have really dark hair, so it's really noticeable, and I've been paranoid about it, especially since my cousin told me I had really hairy arms. Because I'm super self conscious, I shaved my arms once(a really bad idea, 'cause now I have hair on my hands and fingers, and it looks unruly and gross), and I also shave pretty much the whole front of my torso. I have a hairy back, I have little hairs between and around my breasts, I have a ring of long hair around my nipples, and because I was stupid, I insisted on trying to get rid of the hair between my brows by picking at it. Now I have scabs there, and it goes red a lot. It's good to know people also have lots of hair, but I still feel like a bit of a freak... Because it gets so long, and dark, I'm always terrified of what people are thinking about me.
Yes!! It is very common in women/girls! I'm dark haired and fair skin, so my hair has always showed well on my body. Luckily, my best friend growing up had the same problem (she is half middle eastern) during our sleepovers we would shave our whole bodies, wax our staches, bleach each others backs and arms LOL and we still laugh about it to this day.. She has gotten laser hair removal with great results, but I'm still a college student who can't really afford it. I've embraced my hairiness... My fiance doesn't care he just makes fun of me when my mustache starts to grow in and it becomes noticeable (my mom is the EXACT same way her mustache grows fast) I'm 21 now and I've noticed the past 2 years my belly button hair (which I've always had since I was 15) has gotten THICK and grows back almost immediately after I shave! It *****... I've heard of PCOS causing thick belly button hair that grows upwards, but I honestly believe it is part of becoming a woman. I used to shave my arms since middle school, but recently started growing it out cause I'm sick of spending 45 mins in the shower shaving my whole body... My soon to be mother in law says that her facial/body hair gets worse with age...that she will get random thick hairs on her chin/neck...everywhere... ladies please just understand this is normal, it does NOT mean you have hormonal imbalances (but it may be in some cases) either way, just try to embrace it! Bleaching helps and shaving too much causes ingrown hairs. I have thin and really fair skin so it really ***** to shave especially on thick areas like pubic, belly button and armpits.. My skin gets irritated and bumpy so I try not to shave too often. For those of you still in high school and struggling, try to find a dark haired girlfriend you can hang out with because odds are she's gonna have the same hairy problems as you ;-) it definitely helped in middle school/high school having a best friend with the same problems. My blonde friends always had fine hair on their bodies or none at all, but remember they also have fine hair on their heads. Thick hair on the head is beautiful so that is a benefit for us hairy chicas. I have a head full of luscious long thick gorgeous hair that lots of girls wish they had, so I'm very happy with that! Embrace it and don't let it eat you alive! There are PLENTY of men out there who have mothers & sisters with the SAME problems who totally understand. They won't think your gross! (my fiance has 2 sisters growing up who shaved their whole bodies and bleached too) Seriously if someone judges you for your body hair then tell them to eff off! Also, just SHAVE it too! If you don't want people to see the hair just shave it! If you're afraid to ask your mom if you can shave (which I was, but I asked her by 5th grade) Don't be! Just tell her you need to start shaving and shave whatever areas really bother you.. Eventually you will grow up as a young adult and you'll find your own ways to cope with it. Personally, I just don't shave anymore bc I feel like it's a waste of time. Only when I'm gonna wear shorts, lay at the pool, etc. I'm so lazy to even wax my mustache, I just shave it now. You can shave any part of your body. Luckily my eyebrows don't grow really. Just the lower part of my legs, bikini area so bad, belly button, lately around the nipples, armpits and arms. Good luck :-) You're NOT alone. Nope.
P.S. there are soo many comments on this forum, it just proves your not alone. plus, think about all the girls who READ this forum, but never comment b/c they are too lazy to post their story. I almost didn't, but read some stories that really hit home, so I needed to share my outlook on this hairy situation
I have the same problems- i suffer from PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome) which causes hair growth and hormone problems. The hair around my stomach wasnt too bad, but my sister is a beauty therapist so i figured i may as well have it waxed off. Unfortunately, i seem to be in the very slight minority where the hair grew back thicker!! Its getting me down so im looking into lazer treatment. I seem to get time when hair around my areolas is there, and i hate it, but other times (more often than not) there is none- im guessing it comes and goes with hormone cycle maybe??
I have had lots of hair around my nipple and along my belly-button to my pubic hair since about age 20 (currently 28). It has been a source of anxiety and feeling so inadequate and gross. I risked telling my boyfriend, now husband, about hair around nipples. He was very accepting. I tweeze around the nipples but run into major problems with ingrown hairs. Have to regularly "dig" hair out bc it is ingrown. As for my stomach I started to cut it short or shave it but stopped tweezing bc of ingrown. You know, it is amazing how much a person can accept.......my husband is very nonchalant about the whole thing and it has really changed my whole experience of it all. Honestly...I spent over 1500 on laser hair remvoval on my breasts three years ago and NOTHING changed. NOTHING. so, dont waste your money. my best friend is blonde hair and blue eyed and also has hair around her nipples. and i am italian! the two of us decided that the odds are many women struggle with this and no one talks about it and we just have to work it out with the men we marry. i mean, really....what are the chances that a blonde anglo and a very dark italian both have the same problem?? so, the bottom line is this: i have been married for a month and am STILL working out my issues and insecurities with body hair. most days i hate my body. BUT, i am willing to expose myself in ways i never was before bc i have a very accepting and loving partner. you likely need to find a good and humble person to experience your body with and let go of the recommendations about laser hair removal and other remedies. bodies are complicated and unique.
Wow, I am so glad that I am not alone in this. I always thought I was some sort of freak. I am very hairy. I have hairy arms, areolas and around my belly button. I also have hair on my chin and the sides of my face. I even have these random hairs that pop up on my shoulders. I started shaving it when i was a teen and of course that has made it only grow thicker >.< I have been married for 7 years and I still keep it a secret from my husband. I just try to shave it all off every day. The bad thing about shaving is that it seems that even if you have the really good razors like I do, it still leaves a bit of a stubble. I would love to be hair-free, except for my head of course lol. Regardless its so nice to know that I am not alone in this situation :)
I am also thirteen years old, and I have Mexican and Cuban in me but I also have Irish and Polish in me.  My whole family has a tan but I'm as white as they come! I have a lot of body and facial hair because of the Hispanic side of me. I hate it! I think when I can afford it, I'm going to get a full body laser treatment. Does anyone know if it will work? I just want to look normal!
Hello I got PCOS Syndrome an Hirtusim put together it cause a lot of problems I have a lot of unwanted excess hair all over body just like others. I have tried Saw Palmetto an it didnt really do to much. I am looking to see if anyone knows of any pills or herbs to take to eliminate hair on stomach an arms an breasts an hands?  I have had this for long time sice age 9 now 28 . I dont really have an urv e to be imtimate either. I also once in a while have cysts on Ovaries at end of month so it causes very bad cramping an pain an rolled in a ball. Does anyone have any other suggestions. I also tried Vitex it is another herb from gnc an it didnt do anything for PCOS. I need tp get rid of hair on stomach an breast an armsbthen I be more confident in myself. I have had these issues always getting teased in school an .so forth all mu life due to excess hair even on my butox
Thanks,
Mu email ***@****
Catherine
Thanks,
Mu email ***@****
Catherine
You should still get a check up on that because I have been getting all the same things as all of you that are commenting I haven't got a check up yet but these are symptoms for PCOS and your sister having it is another symptom .. I'm 13 though and researching it like crazy.. But just to be sure I would check
I've been having a lot of symptoms for PCOS i'm 13 I've had these symptoms since I was about 11 though i haven't mentioned it to my mom though kind of embarrassed I have Hair on my stomach,chest,neck,toes and I never really paid any attention to my period schedule but i'm going to and if it's irregular and stuff i'm going to mention this to my mom
I have hairs on my chest and on my breasts,not a few but a lot,it didn't bother me because their small hairs and hardly noticeable but since doctor ozz discussed infertility and hairs on breasts I got scared =(
Now there are pulsed light hair removal systems you can but for $200-300. I have been using one from Remington and it has made a huge difference. Earlier, I spent $1000 on laser which only bought me two rounds of laser on chest/nipples, stomach line and armpits. With Remington IPL (iLight) which is to be used every few weeks and I use intermittently, my hair are fewer, thinner and lighter when they grow back. If I stuck to their recommended schedule they probably would have been gone. I have used it for almost an year but probably applied it no more than 4-5 times. I also use it for my upper lip and side burns (although not recommended by the manufacturer) and the hair there are almost gone! I have to say I have found the solution for me, though a bit late (I am in my early 40s).
I to am 36 noticed hair arround my nipples around 14 started plunking and shaving I did ask my mom at that age she said leave it alone as for she to had it it is heritage but I still hide it from m hubby of 8 yrs Iam embarrassed I also have chest hairs not bad but if I don't shave u can see it well I am Italian always said its in my blood :) I have a mustache that I bleach no one will I shave I knw what will happen and as long as u bleach it it stays light but I don't think it would work on nipple n chest ad they r to thick now I shave below my bell button n do bleach my hair from above belly to chest I am glad I did research n boy were in it together I was told it is testosterone yes a manly thing but even women have we all do just comes out stronger in some n in some not well were the f*cked ones lol and for the young ones 13 I know been there try the facial bleach first I have black hair n works wonders for everything to sideburns mustaches Billy's chest hairs all the way down lol work before shaving u can never go back its called Jollleen bleach  good luck Cynthia nj

Cat
External User
I'm not a doctor, but I am familiar with this issue.  A nurse once examined me specifically for these signs and then recommended a test of my testosterone levels.  I am a female, but was presenting with other associated symptoms as well.  Long story short, I was eventually diagnosed with PCOS, Polycystic Ovary Syndrome.  I would recommend doing some research on that and see if other pieces of the puzzle start to fit together.  For your sake, I would hope they do not, but you might also find some answers you are looking for.  Best of luck to you!
I wouldn't be worried about talking to you mom about it at all. I also have the same problem with facial hair and the important thing is to not let it, or others, bother you.
I was very self-conscious about it untilI talked to my best friend's mom who is a hair dresser and she showed me how to wax it ( I personally think its the best way--I would strongly advise you not to use products like Nair...they don't seem to work right)
Just remember you are not alone!
Best of luck!!:)
The Candela Gentlelase laser contains cryogen spray (skin cooling spray) to cool and numb the area prior to laser treatment for extra comfort. Numbing cream can also be purchased from a pharmacy eg. Emla cream 5%.
Best way to have hair removed from areola, upper lip, belly line, side burns chin is candela gentle lapse laser. It helps boosts your confidence to be lady like.
Hi, I'm fifteen and I have hair around my nipples, between my breasts and on my breasts, on my stomach, and a little on my chin and the side of my face. I don't use a razor but this other shaver thing my mom got me to shave my stomach and to to remove the hair around me nipples and between and on my breasts, It's really helping seeing there's many girls that have the same problem, but I'm afraid I'm going to be rejected but guys if they see it, and I'm scared to wear bikins now bc of it. I have hair on my bikini line to but I shave it but it always shows a darker shade of skin wear its shave. The sun helps with the somewhat.... Plz anyone help or give advice on what I should do. I'm too embarrassed to talk to my mom, or anyone about it
hi I am a guy and if I can make you girls feel better ...my girlfriend have the same thing as you girls im not saying same problem because to me it isn't she got hair all over her chest, stomach her bikini line is very thick and her thighs and legs as well she even more hairy then me but you know what its okay because everybody have hairs and I find it very sexy she's not shaving anything below her belly button anymore because I love it. if it wasn't from the society she wouldn't do the rest because she doesn't want anyone to see it but believe me there is other guy like me that are really into hairy women
Thank you. This comment made me feel a little better. But I&#39;m scared to show my boyfriend my body cuz I have really bad body hair. Do you think he'll mind?
Wow this thread is so inspiring! I have been feeling so down about myself and my tummy hairs this last week. I was only 12 when it started and having no mother figure to tell me what to do I went and shaved it! Worst mistake ever! It made the strip of hair much thicker, darker and wider! I feel so ashamed. I have had waxing done at salons and now do it from home. It has helped alot if done properly! The hair has become patchy. I would recommend it. I wax everything from my tummy, full bikini and legs and the hairs are going away. Sometimes I get ingrown hairs and thats causing sores and scarring but I cant stop waxing.. I want the hair gone more than anything!
Wow, so glad I'm not the only one. I have always had hairs growing beneath my belly button and recently, short fine darker hairs around the nipples. I'm around 30 y.o. I just pluck the heck out of them (under my armpits too). I'm lucky I hardly have any leg hairs so one less area to deal with. If you can endure temporary pain, I say pluck them. They grow back slower and finer. Plus, no black 'dots' left behind due to shaving. It takes a lot of time but I have a t.v. show on so time go by faster! =)
You're not the only one, I have the same exact problems.