hcg level high but not pregnant

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

hcg level high but not pregnant

This would be comical if it wasn't scary. I am 50 yr old post menopausal (according to blood test) woman who has been having what seems to be a normal period once a year for a few years. Well Doc decided he wants to do a D & C just to check out everything. Here comes the funny part. When I went for labs they called me next day to tell me I couldn't get surgery because I tested positive for pregnancy. The first thing I did was laugh. My beta hcg level was 7. I am divorced and have not been sexually active for a few years. I have to get test redone but they also ordered a ca 125 serial serum test and of course I get right on the computer and scared myself silly. From what I am reading it's not a very accurate test for ovarian cancer so I wonder why they are even doing this test. I have also had a vaginal ultra sound which they said everything looked ok on. Does anyone have any experience they can share. I have always been pretty healthy but do have IBS which resembles some ovarian symptoms. I am getting pretty scared and if my ca 125 comes back elevated do you know what I should do next? Thanks in advance to everyone.
What became of your condition, my wife is experiencing the same issue
Dear girlwithnolife:
Im right there with you.  I have been experiencing an what feels like pressure, like an internal enlargement and palpatation from the sternun to tip of my lower left rib cage.  This pulsation is so strong I can see it.  All of that aside, I went to the ER this morning after stretching and going on a brisk 1mile walk.  My entire chest was pulsating (almost heaving) from beneath my ribs and upper abdomen but only on the left side and .  There they tested me for everything from a heart attack, (which my chest did not hurt, only my lower left rib cage area) to pregnancy.  They took three serum pregnancy tests and an ultra sound of my Liver (even though they said there were going to look at my Gall Bladder???  Military Doctors....)  My first test was drawn at @ 0930 and  registered a 9.54 HcG, an hour later it was 9.05 then they drew again later that afternoon for a differnt serum qualitative to determine that I was not pregnant.  It is interesting to note that three weeks ago I had a pap and inspection of the plumbing (results unknown) and that the Radiologist who captured an image of my Uterus, said "I can't see there very clear but there is the start of something there".  So now I have been referred to a Gastrologist for a look at my Esophagus.  Have you heard back about your ca 125 test?  May the Force be with you.  
Yours truly,
Haze