heavy bleeding for several weeks
I am 41 years old I started having periods at age 12 I had a child at 24 one at 31 and one at 34 at 35 i miscarried and I had a D&C with no problems.  I have had normal periods every 28 days until now I had a period for about 8 days I stopped for a week then started again with heavy bleeding and clotting it was heavy for 3 days then spotted now I have started bleeding with clotting again what is this?  I have no pain only urge to urinate.  I have had some weird things going on like longer periods and night sweats sore breasts and tired.
I don't know if you are on birth control pills or not, but my friend was on the same pill for like 10 years and all of a sudden she would get off her period and get it again a couple days later, so her doctor had to switch her birth control. In December my aunt had to get surgery to get her woman parts removed due to excessive bleeding when she was suppose to be starting menopause. Sorry I can't remember the name of the operation.
I knew as soon as I sent your message I would remember the name of the surgery my aunt had. It was a hysterectomy.  I think you should see your doctor since you are bleeding so heavy and for so long.