hurts to pee

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

hurts to pee

I have been feeling a little pain when I urinate.  The pain is coming from my urine hole.  Do you think this could be a UTI? Or do you think it is just irritated?  I don't have frequent urination like what is common with a UTI.  Should I drink more water/cranberry juice?  Is this something that will go away on its own or should I see a doctor?  Its not a bad pain, only a little discomfort.
Avatar n tn
It could be a UTI. You can go to the drug store and get at home test strips if you don't want to spend the money going to the doctor if you aren't sure (that is what I do). Of course if it persists for more than a few days you should see a doctor anyway.

Take care
Avatar n tn
Drink a ton of water and if it starts to feel better than you should be ok, if not, or if your back starts to hurt or you get a fever than go to the doc.

Avatar n tn
cranapple juice works very well.
take a hot bath, it will sooth it until you start peeing a lot
Avatar n tn
I would suggest going ahead an calling your doctor today and make an appointment for Monday so if you are not feeling better over the weekend you wont have to wait several days to get in to your doctor.
Avatar n tn
Drug stores also sell concentrated cranberry pills, which can be very effective in treating and preventing UTI's.

Good luck (I'm prone to them, so I share your pain!) and feel better!!
AZO Standard.. at any drug store.. will turn your pee bright orange.. but will help relieve UTI.. Good Luck! (Still drink LOTS of water/cranberry juice - or take cranberry pills!) They even sell test kit at some pharmacies to determine if you have UTI.
gymdandee commented on Make A Shake That Wil...
36 mins ago
Avatar n tn
dayna852 commented on Make A Shake That Wil...
KTowne commented on photo
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals