Women's Health Community
hurts to pee
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

hurts to pee

I have been feeling a little pain when I urinate.  The pain is coming from my urine hole.  Do you think this could be a UTI? Or do you think it is just irritated?  I don't have frequent urination like what is common with a UTI.  Should I drink more water/cranberry juice?  Is this something that will go away on its own or should I see a doctor?  Its not a bad pain, only a little discomfort.
Related Discussions
6 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
It could be a UTI. You can go to the drug store and get at home test strips if you don't want to spend the money going to the doctor if you aren't sure (that is what I do). Of course if it persists for more than a few days you should see a doctor anyway.

Take care
Blank
Drink a ton of water and if it starts to feel better than you should be ok, if not, or if your back starts to hurt or you get a fever than go to the doc.

Blank
cranapple juice works very well.
take a hot bath, it will sooth it until you start peeing a lot
Blank
I would suggest going ahead an calling your doctor today and make an appointment for Monday so if you are not feeling better over the weekend you wont have to wait several days to get in to your doctor.
Blank
Drug stores also sell concentrated cranberry pills, which can be very effective in treating and preventing UTI's.

Good luck (I'm prone to them, so I share your pain!) and feel better!!
Blank
AZO Standard.. at any drug store.. will turn your pee bright orange.. but will help relieve UTI.. Good Luck! (Still drink LOTS of water/cranberry juice - or take cranberry pills!) They even sell test kit at some pharmacies to determine if you have UTI.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Women's Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank