is it positive?
Hi all

Right my Nan works at the hospital and has managed to get me a couple of pregnancy tests. There good ones too! The packet it says one line not pregnant, too lines means pregnant. It come up with two lines but one was a little faint.

Dose it mean positive?

Chilling 94
Most of the time, yes even a faint second line is a positive result. From what I know, the second line will get more and more noticeable if you take one every few days when you are pregnant, because every day your body is creating more hCG (the hormone in your body when pregnant). The line may be faint because your hCG levels are low still. Take another test in a few days; even if the second line is still kinda faint, I would take it as a positive and schedule an appointment with your doctor.
Home pregnancy tests are 99% percent accurate.Sometimes false positive results are there like in chemical pregnancies,missed reaction time of the test(If you let the test sit for too long (after the instructions on the box tell you), the test is invalid) and if you are taking drugs that have hCG in them like Novarel, Profasi, Pregnyl.Pls check these conditions.

If you are doubtful regarding the status of your pregnancy,you can go in for blood pregnancy test which measures the amount of hCG in your blood.Transvaginal ultrasound at as early as 5-6 wks of pregnancy can also confirm pregnancy.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing