Women's Health Community
is light brown spotting before your period starts normal?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

is light brown spotting before your period starts normal?

Is brown spotting before your period starts normal?
my period is due any day now. it usually comes between 25-28 days every month. anyhow, last night i went pee and when i wiped there was some very light brown spotting on the tissue. i assumed my period was starting. this morning the same thing but no period (just light brown spotting). now i just went pee again and it is the same thing. i usually don't have spotting right before my period? being that my period is due around now could this just be "normal" and mean my period is getting ready to start? is it normal to have some light brown spotting before your period starts? i am not sexually active so i am not pregnant and not on the pill... (i am 34 yrs old) btw...
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Can be normal.  Normally the spotting relates to your cervix.  The odds are that you will get your period in the next day or so.

If you don't and you haven't been abnormally stressed then you might want to see a doctor.  You may have a thyroid condition or something completely unrelated that impacts on your cycle.
Blank
for those of you who may read this in the future - my period started the next day so this is normal i suppose!  :)
Blank
I am like clockwork... I have 2 days bleeding and on the 3rd day I spot! Then nothing!! Its ALWAYS on or around the first! In Feb got my period on the 2nd and then on the 19th or 20th I started wiping brown! Did this for 2 weeks and it wasn't everytime! It was everyday but not everytime! Then I passed a blood clot and called the doc Finally and doc said uterus was swollen and hard and vag ultrasound showed nothing! And after my physical exam I bled brite red pretty heavy all day! Is this signs of pregnancy?!!!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Women's Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...