life span of sperm
I have heard and read that sperm can live up to 36 hours within the womans uterus or reproductive tract. This is a somewhat ridiculous question, but how can the sperm remain within the uterus or vagina once a woman is going about her daily life? I would think gravity would have a large part to play in sperm not making their destination. So how can it live for so long without "draining" out?
Because they swim :-)
I dont think they "drain out" i think they die and are flushed out with the womans body. But I hear they can live up to 48 hours in teh tube waiting for an egg to be released.. So that  leads to the question, can you get pregnant two days after sex if you were not OV on the exact day you had sex, but started OV the day after yoiu had sex?? That is the question.. lol
Yes, you can definitely get pregnant from having sex the day before ovulation. As a matter of fact, it is recommended that you have sex the days before ovulation if you want to get pregnant. The sperm can live up to 5 days inside of you under ideal conditions (although, probably more like 2 or 3 days under normal conditions). Hope that helps :-)
I have heard and read that your cervical mucus is what sustains the life of sperm. Their life span is 2-5 days in the most fertile environment. That is why they say to have sex the day before and the day that you ovulate because of the egg white cervical mucus is the most easiest to swim in. The ideal conditions refers to the amount and texture of a womans cervical mucus. Hope this helps.