Women's Health Community
lower abdominal pain (like menstral cramps, but it's not)
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

lower abdominal pain (like menstral cramps, but it's not)

3 months after having my child i started to have lower abdominal pain, like menstral cramps (or like when you're first pregnate and your uterus is streching) I brought it up to my doc 3 months later during a routine pap test, but nothing was ever done with it. It's now been over 9 months since it started and it seem to be getting worse. It used to be annoying but i could live with it. Now it can actually keep me up at night. and it seems to have no connection with my periods (which are different then before the baby, but still regular)
should i be worried or is this just something that happens after you have a baby. (or is there even a connection)
Ps i do have IBS, but it doesn't seem to feel the same.
i'm affraid i'm over reacting (or maybe under reacting) any opinion would be appriciated. Thanks.
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
It could be gallstones. My SIL had this after she had her son, she was back and forth to the dr's for a long time before they finally figured out what was wrong with her. She had to have surgery to remove her gallbladder.
Blank
Just because the Doc kind of blew it off doesn't mean you should. Any pain that goes on for that long and is now causing you to lose sleep, is NOT normal. Give a call to your doc and get an appt. If he tries to say that it is normal or just postpartum, I would push him to investigate further or find another doc that will find the answers you need. You know your body and you know something just isn't right. Keep pushing until you get the answers you deserve.
Hope you are feeling better very soon!
--J
Blank
it could be a clot you should get it checked as the same happened to me at my 4 month check after baby it also found that i was indeed pregnant again good luck.
Blank
I am in my 6th week of pregnancy, and i have been having lower abdominal pains, almost like menstral cramps, and burning....Is this normal?
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Women's Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...