Women's Health Community
lump under armpit
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

lump under armpit

My worries are ,  I've had a lump under my right armpit for as long as I can remember but i was just a small one,  about the size of a bean maybe.  Anyway,  I have notice in the last 2 1/2 years that it has gotten bigger and it is way sore, espeacially when I touch or the area.  I have also notice some slight pain or soreness when I touch the side of my right breast.  Should I be of great concern and see a doctor?  I also have notice some knots along the side of right breast.  Please Help A.S.A.P
Thanks to anyone who can give me some advice
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
before you panic lots of things can cause lymph nodes to swell. i do suggest getting an appt very soon with your dr, you say its been this way for awhile? lumps in the breast can be several different things, so having an anual check helps to keep the dr informed of any changes. do go and have yourself examined. take care of yourself.
Blank
thank you for the advice, and i'm sure i am over reacting, but it is just so scary anymore.  again thank you very much
Blank
The two issues (armpit and breast) may not be at all related. I truly do think you should get it checked out (to be safe) but your armpit lump could be a lipoma (I think that's what they're called iirc) which is totally harmless.. and you could be experiencing some hormonal issues affecting your breast tissue (which can also affect your armpit).

At any rate - get it looked at - probably nothing to worry about but better to know for sure!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Women's Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...