lump under skin of vagina

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

lump under skin of vagina

ok. about a week ago i noticed a little lump (about the size of a pea) on one of the lips of my vagina. it can not be popped because it is underneath the skin. you can almost roll it but not? please help
bartholins cyst? ingrown hair?
I am a female who is not sexually active (for many years)  I currently have a large cyst low in my pubic area that must be ready to explode any time.  I only wish it would.  It is very hot and tender to the touch.  Also painful to walk.  Sometimes I need to go to the bathroom and cry.  Yes, it hurts that bad.  I'm too embarassed to go to the doctor.  About 2 weeks ago I had the first one which was about the same size, maybe a little smaller.  I am freaking out.  What can I do to get some releif?

On a smaller scale, I have had 3 to break out on my face.

Is there something I'm missing in my diet that is causing this?

My vision has been worsening over th past 6 months too.

thank you
I have a bartholin gland cyst as well. Try heat to shrink it. Also get it looked at... they told me that they have to monitor it because the only way to get rid of it is to cut it out and they have to make sure its not growing because they can get up to  golf ball size
I actually have one too! It is so funny how many people on this site have the things that I am experiencing! I have had mine for a while and it is not very big. It is not painful it is just aggrevating~! When I had my c-section my "vulva" was very swollen and the little cyst got even bigger? It is strange, but I dont believe it is anything to worry about!
L
i have a a lup size of a small marble on the inner wall but not in the vagina just on the inside of the flap bit its sore to touch if i squeeze it sometimes a small amout of water stuff comes out but then it gets bigger and more sore i only just noticed it today but i regualy get boils on my bikini line i think thats what the are but i have never had this befor
There is an autoimmune disorder called Behcet's Syndrome's. It's initial symptoms closely resemble the herpes virus, causing inflammation, vaginal sores, cuts, boils, cysts, fissures, or folliculitis. Other symptoms develop years later, so it is very important that you find out just what it is that is causing your symptoms. Don't be too quick to brush it off as nothing, Behcet's disease affects people of every age and every race. It is important you see a doctor who know's enough to help you. Ask them about Behcet's Syndrome, if they don't know enough to tell you, they won't be able to tell you if you have it or not.  You can also visit the American Behcet's Disease Association's website message board for further information.
I have had a lump of skin under the flap of my vagina too but its not like a boil or something you can burst, just a lump of skin, what is it??
I too had something like this.  It was almost like a ball that I could roll around under the skin.  If I squeezed the skin it would take what ever shape I was mashing.  Like of like silly putty under the skin.  It would never "pop" so I just left it alone.  I noticed these, I had 2, one on each side of my vaginal opening but in the "lip" area, after I had my last child.  I thought it had something to do with giving birth.  
Once I stated getting these bacterial infections I was put on antibiotics which gave me a horrible yeast infection to the point that my skin was rolling off of my vagina.  I guess this inflamed the bumps or thinned the skin and when I would wipe I would see this yellow orangey matter on my toilet paper. I felt no pain.  So, I get a mirror and see something that is trying to come through my skin.  The hole was so big I actually thought it might be a bug or something...I freaked and squeezed.  It was a brownish orange matter with little white particles in it.  It had the feel of sand.  The one went away and a few years later the other came to the surface and it is still there but not as big..  I have no clue what these were.
Start with a long course of Minocycline which is an antibotic (antibiotic) to clear up the possibity of an undetectable underlying infection and to clear up your abcesses. Abcesses can be dangerous if they rupture because they could then spread the infection to your blood stream. You may also have Behcet's Disease which is an autoimmune disorder that develops over a long period of time. Behcet has recently been deteremined to not be genetic. It is caused most likely by a virus in people who are vunerable, for instance those who weren't getting proper nutrition, or those in an enviroment that compromised their immune system. Mercury and monkey virus tainted immunization shots may also be a contributor to this illness. Behcet's was thought to be a middle eastern disease that only affected people in that area because of their genes. Research has proven this is incorrect. Most American Behcet's patients do not have any of the genes assumed to be related to this illness in the middle east.

Behcet's Syndrome cannot be detected by any tests thought to detect other auto-immune diseases like SED rate and CRP test. Inflammation in Behcet's flares can only be detected by a white blood cell count, which may be slightly elevated during a severe flare which mainly attacks the small blood vessels. Inorder to be diagnosed you need to have all the symptoms, eye inflammation, gential (genital) inflammation and or sores, and cranker sores in the mouth at least three times per year. The eye symptoms usually come last and may be very mild or more severe. Light sensitivity and blood shot eyes would be a symptom. Eye symptoms can be controlled with medication. It can take years to develop eye symptoms and finally get treatment. Colchicine would be a good medication to start with for Behcet'ts. It's the safest and mildest immune suppressant. It could keep your abcesses from coming back.

It's really important to suport your immune system health with a mulit-vitamin. Drinking plenty of water. Staying away from sugars and white bread, and trying to fit some exercise into the day. This will keep you strong and may keep your immune system from going completely hay-wire. My symptoms got much worse after having children. It is really hard on our bodies and then taking care of them just keeps that stress going, and for people with Behcet's, that can make them really sick. You have to be able to rest and find ways to relieve stress because if you don't,  what would have been a mild flare, could turn out to be a real monster.
I have had a lump under my skin on the crease from my vagina to my leg for the past week now, and I've had one before and they normally go after a few days but this one wont budge and now has started to bruise a bit does anyone know what it is and what I can do to treat it?