mid-cycle cramping
I'm 36 years old and have always had normal periods.  Recently though I've been having mid-cycle cramping.  I'll be crampy feeling and think, okay no my period is coming today or tomorrow, and then when I look at the calander, I still have 2 weeks left.  Once I do get my periods it's normal, as normal as ever for me anyway!
TIA!
Sometimes you have cramps when you ovulate, which would be approx mid cycle. Also, maybe AF will show up a little earlier than usual. Wait a few more days and see what happens.
This can be a few different things.

1: Ovulation cramping. This is a known thing, and can cause pain for 2-3 days MAX. This is usually around the time the egg is released.  The cause is from swelling and fluid in the follicles in the ovaries.

2: Ovarian cysts. This is usually a begnign thing that can cause major pain. Ovarian cysts are fluid filled and cause by hormones. They can range from smaller than a pea to larger than a grapefruit.

3: Endimetriosis. This is scar tissue in the lining of your endiometrium in your Uterus.

4: Infection. Watch your symptoms if you devlope a fever or start have a continuation in the severity of your symptoms this may be related to some sort of STI (sexually transmitted Infection) or vaginosis or something intirely different.

Either way if the pain continues or happens on a consistent basis I would see your OB/GYN to discuss finding out the source.