missed periods for 2 months & negative pregnancy tests results.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Hello...i haven't had my periods for two months now but all my results (hpt, blood test & lab urine tests) have come back negative. however i still experience some of the symtoms (symptoms) of pregnancy: nausea, cramps in my lower abdomen, frequent urination, dizziness & fatigue and loss of appetite. the first day of my last period was on May 25th. This is the first time i have missed my periods two months in a row. I have been a couple of days late before but never this late. Also, i can't sleep on my left side...i either suffer of terrible cramps or have shooting pains on the lower left side of the abdomen. I was to see my doctor today to discuss if there is anything i need to be concerned about but she had a family emergency and is out of town. she is not taking any patients till early august. she has a no share policy so she has no back up doctor to see me either.

Also, this past weekend i noticed slight tenderness of the breast.

Summary:
- first day of my last period: May 25th. (day1 is spotting, day 2 is heavy flow, day 3 spotting, day 4 medium flow, and day 5 is spotting)
- no show period on June 22nd and July 20th.
- 2 hpt tests turned up negative on July 8th and July 13th.
- The Dr. ran some blood tests & urin test on July 11th and results came back negative on July 16th.

Could you please tell me if something is wrong with me? My boyfriend and I want to have a baby. This not knowing what's wrong is really getting me worried.

thank you so much for your time and consideration Doctor.
Ellerisa

This is actually just a patient-to-patient forum.  No doctors answer, just some well-informed readers.  If the pregnancy test the doctor ran that came up negative on July 16 was a blood based test, I would think that was definitive.   You could just be having some kind of hormone imbalance.  If it wasn't a blood pregnancy test, I'd test again in a week with a home test, just to be sure.
Hey, dont know from your post if you want to be prgnant or not but it sounds like you should keep tryin if you do. If you have a negative blood test you are NOT pregnant. That is the most acurate,almost error proof test there is. You might not be getting your periods for other reasons like, added stress, weight loss/gain, change in cycle. Do you have a regular period history? And while you were at your doctors visit did you have him run test for any other possible reason your not having AF? There could be alot of reasons, I see it everyday in the clinic where I work. But you are definetly NOT pregnant with a negative blood test. Best of luck next time.....
My sister had 3 negative blood tests before she got a positive.... test again if your worried
i just wanted to thank everyone for their support and insight. since the last time i posted here (July 24) i changed my doctor & got another blood test done (July 25th) since i was still experiencing all the pregnancy symptoms & this time it came back positive! :D ..My blood count was 139 indicating that i was 1-2 weeks pregnant which surprised both me & the doctor. We were expecting that i would be further along my pregnancy since my last period was May 25th..so it doesn't explain why i missed my pds in June but still got pregnant in July. I just got a 1st trimester dating ultra-sound & an endovaginal study done this week to rule out any complications & to date my pregnancy...still awaiting the results..should get it next week. i just hope all is normal...yes..me & boyfriend are really excited to become parents.
oooops..typed it wrong....my blood count was 369 (beta hcg level) indicating 2 weeks.