nausea and birth control

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

nausea and birth control

I already posted this a while ago, and didnt get much response. I have the 21 day birth control pack..and the first week of each pack always makes me feel nauseas.I take the pill at bed time each night and then early the next morning (4-5am) i feel nauseas, and sometimes i end up puking. Ive been on the pill for about 6 months now. Do you have any tips that can help me? this really sucks because i lose sleep each night, and it especially sucks when i have to be up at 7:00 am to go to work. Also, my birth control pack tells me that there is 0.180mg of hormone for the first week, 0.215 the second week and 0.250 the third week. Shouldnt i be feeling the side effects during the third week with the most amount of hormone or no? ive always wondered...i might be dumb though. Anyways, thanks alot! i really appreciate it.
I took BCP for years and I had nausea and vomiting every month for the first 3-4 days from 6 am- 11 am clockwork. Here is what you can try.
1. Try taking that brand that makes you only get your period every 3 months. Then you won't have that adjustment period to the hormones every single month.
2. Ask for the Nuvaring. This is what I ended up using. Since you place it in the vagina, it has less sytemic side effects. It is the same as the pill in that it uses hormones, but they are slow release into the area that they are needed, rather than having to travel through your bloodstream (therefore going to your stomach and creating nausea). Your significant other should not feel it during intercourse. You leave it in for 3 weeks like the pill, then take it out for the last week in which you will get your period.
Good luck
Avatar n tn
anything else??? please help me if you can. its very frusterating!
Maybe the pill is a higher dose pill which may be too strong for you. You may need to go on a lower dose. I was on a higher dose pill once and it make me feel sick to my stomach.....it messed with my head too and made me really irritable. You may want to ask your doc if you should try something lower dosed. I did that and my problems went away. I hope this helps.
KTowne commented on KeeLolo's status
13 mins ago
KTowne commented on photo
14 mins ago
NimdaAilil Why is it so cold? It's alr... Comment
21 mins ago
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals