no period, negative test

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

no period, negative test

Ok so im a week late, went to doctor and she took a preg test but it came back negative. She said it may be pregnancy or i may have a cyst on mmy ovary.
i had a cyst 3 years ago and they put me on a pill that is suppose to prevent cysts and i havent had a problem since. so the doc and i are very confused as to what is going on.
i have had mild tummy cramps but i have had a tummy virus 2 weeks ago so im not sure if its still from that? ive had no period at all this month, not even a drop and last month i bled twice. i do miss the pill on occasion and was on anti biotics last month when my husband and i made love.

So could i be pregnant and its just not showing (i havent really had symptoms) or can i have an unexplained cyst?
Was it a urine test or blood test the doctor took? If it was a urine, then I would go and have a blood test done since it's more accurate. A urine test taken in early pregnancy should really be done with first morning urine because it's most concentrated with hCG - taken later in the day you risk getting false negatives because your urine is diluted. If it was a blood test that was taken and that was negative then you're not pregnant and the most likely cause is perhaps a cyst since that has been an issue before.
it was a urine test.
for the last 2 days ive had mild cramps that come and go in my pelvic area and i pee alot more than usual! but no other signs. im so confused though, just wish i knew already!