no period in three months!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

no period in three months!

I am 18 years old and have been having weird symptoms. I have not had a period in about 3 months, ever since I have started college. I have been stressed due to a huge work load, but can this cause me not to have a period for three months!?! I also have noticed that large chunks of hair have been falling out. Like I am not balding but I do notice that I hair is falling out more frequently. I did get tested for thyroid problems and the test said it was normal, so now I am not sure what it is? Could it just be stress?
I forgot to mention I am not PREGNANT!! I have not had sex!
I'm no expert - but it definately sounds as though it could be stress related. I can't really offer any more advice than that you should probably see a Dr. about it - just to be on the safe side. My af has been really irregular since i started college as well (this is my first semester too). Stress does crazy, crazy things to our bodies.
Have you been tested for PCOS? (Polycycstic Ovary Syndrome)
Some of your symptoms suggest it.  

PCOS is a health problem that can affect a woman
I missed my period for 5 months because I was soo stressed about my mother being diagnosed with breast cancer, having to work and go to college full-time. It's best you see a doctor so they can prescibe you medicine to bring down your menses. Try not to stress out so much. You'll find thast it isn't worth it in the end. Have you also noticed that your face and body is breaking out (acne) more? If so, it's because of all the built up hormones that your body usually releases when you have a period.