no period last month, now only brown discharge?

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Let me start this off by saying that I am an 18 year old female who is NOT sexually active, I have never had sex or anything close to that with another person so I know 100% I'm not pregnant.

Last month on November 8th I had my period. This month around that time I had cramps but then I never had a period.
Now it is the 28th almost the end of the month and im having slight cramps and headaches and have just had light brown discharge for 2 days.
What is going on?
The good news is that you aren't sexually active so don't have to worry about pregnancy. Whew, that's great because THAT is very nerve wrecking.

So, what could be going on?  Well, hormonal imbalances often cause things like this.  Producing too much estrogen or progesterone for example.  Also, if a thyroid isn't working quiet right, that can cause hormonal issues.  A slow thyroid is well known for this type of thing.

Any way you can visit your doctor?  That's the best option.  But know too that being irregular is fairly common at your age even if it is a 'new thing' for you at this time. good luck

This used to happen to me when I was young, and I think it was usually when my weight was low.  I had a problem with absorbing nutrition, so I was really low in weight.  
KTowne Definitely starting to feel... Comment
Shannon79 commented on renae176's status
MH Community Mgr commented on Bubulous's status
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals