overly tired, loosing feeling in body parts, constant hunger

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Lately I have been feeling very over tired all the time. I'm constantly hungry. I keep loseing feeling in my left leg, my left foot & one of the fingers in my right hand. I have taken a pregnancy test & I am not pregnant. What do these symptoms mean? I went to the doctor they sent me home & said if I still feel this way in a week to come back again. That just scared me more.
do you take any vitamins? almost sounds as if you are lacking iron or something? also poor circulation. are you very active (exercise, sports, activities..) or are you kind of sluggish like me especially during the winter months?
i know with me i do get very hungry during the winter time. i keep thinking about how much i ate last night and then i was hungry again an hour later. i keep wanting to eat and snack. i think its my body going into hibernation mode and i'm storing up for the winter.
try not to worry about it too much. you will create symptoms and also make them worse. just relax and do what your dr. says..come back if you still feel this way in a week. i dont know what your diet is like but try to eat some healthy foods (fruits, veggies, drink lots of water and take vitamins). you may feel a difference.
Thanks for the advice. Yes, I'm VERY active. I excersice daily, run a daycare in my home, babysit 3 toddlers on the weekend (counting my own little toddler) & help teach a sunday school class. I usually spend my evenings on the weekdays & days on the weekends cleaning & doing jobs around the house but I have no energy. I have a very poor diet but I always have had a very poor diet. I do eat a lot of salads but very little fruits & veggies.I even started takeing my prenantal vitamins hopeing they might help,but they didn't. They just gave me a headache. It has been a week but it'll take awhile for them to get me back in to see the doctor. As for the hunger. I usually eat quite a bit a day but not like this. I'm a non stop eating machine! I'm craveing junkfood all day & I try not to eat it but if I don't give in to that craveing it gets ALOT worse.I'm wondering if maybe I could be diabetic. I'm the only one in my family who is not a diabetic.
Given your family history, I would think that diebetic (diabetic) testing is definitely in order. Also have them check for anemia since you are so tired all the time. You may also ask about having a spine check-up to see if you may have a problem there such as a slipped disc putting pressure on a nerve root causing the leg problems.
Doesn't sound as though your current physician is very thourough and puting you off for over a week seems unreasonable to me. My advice is to find another doctor and start from square one and see what happens.
Keep us posted and I hope you are feeling better very soon.
--J
I think your eating habits are compounding your problem. Your lifestyle (from what you described) is contributing to your eating habits.  It's a vicious cycle.  The only positive I heard was that you exercise a lot.  Keep that up.

Overeating, and eating junk foods has probably overtaxed your digestive system, which could be contributing to your feeling tired all the time.  You might even have parasites, and there are lab tests for that.  

I would definitely see a doctor too, but in the meantime, you could start experimenting on yourself.  Cut out the junk food, and the refined sugars and flour.  Eat brown rice, oatmeal, fruits and vegetables, chicken and fish. (not deep fried). Drink lots of water and fresh juices (none of that sugary, 5% real juice stuff).  If you ignore the plain truth, you'll continue to make yourself sick.
I have been feeling EXTREAMLY tired & sore all over for about the last 2- 2 1/2 weeks. Not only am I active, I eat fairly healthy. But lately I've been craving junk food and moving slower than I shoud on my cross-country team. I've also been losing feeling in my legs, neck, and head. I have the strangest
feeling, almost like I'm floating, and no matter what I try, I can't get better. I've also been skipping my period for the last couple of months. I KNOW I'm not pregnant, and I'm fairly sure I'm not diabetic. I can't sleep, get rid of my migrains, my cramps, nausea, dizziness (all the time), or my crankiness. It's like never ending PMS. But I haven't had mine for a couple of months. My doctor and I are at a loss. All my blood tests come back negitive. What could it be????

-R
view and compare thyroid and hashimoto disease symtoms (symptoms). consider having thyroid check up. good luck.