ovulation questions
I have a question that about ovulation, I dont know why but i'm really confused about this.... Ok, I bought 2 different ovulation test kits. I tested using both of them and they are both negative for ovulation. My question is this--since the test says that I am not ovulating can that mean I have allready?? ALso, if ovulation happened how long after that does the egg drop? I had sex last night and since the test says I am not ovulating could I still have gotten pregnant if I ovulated say yesterday or day before?? I am confused on how this process works. thanks for the help
I can tell you that I have a 28 day cycle and I didn't O till day 20. I am hoping that my cycle is much longer this month.  I tested and tested with OPK's and finally got the + OPK.  I ovulated on Sunday (per fertility friend charting) and I had a +OPK on Friday and Saturday but not Sunday. I also temp and watch the CM so that confirmed that I O'd.  Are you temping?
also with these ovulation test strips in 1 month how many times can the test show u are ovulating? will it only show one day or more?
ovulation is tricky.  You really need to know your body and the discharges that present themsleves.  you prety much know you ovulated if you have had a thick Egg white discharge.  You need to get your last six months of your cycles and figure out how long your cycles are the average womens cycle is 28 days the half way point is when you ovulate.  so if your cycle is 28 days long you should have ovulated on day 13 or 14.  your best time to ttc is the days before you ovulate.  so if you really want to get pregnant start trying After you finish your menstral.  watch for your physical signs of ovulaion.  And like many people have told me relax dont stress out or it won't happen.
I highly recommend you read 'Taking Charge of your Fertility'.  It will help clear up a lot of these questions.  I say this because you said "if ovulation happened how long after that does the egg drop?".  Ovulation IS the release of the mature egg that is ready for fertilization, so I don't think you quite understand how your body is working.  The egg doesn't "drop" anywhere to be fertilized; it's ready as soon as it's released. Once you ovulate, the egg is good for about 12-24 hours.

Some people never get a positive OPK.  It just doesn't work for some people.  Since it doesn't seem to be working for you, you can either watch for bodily signs (like producing fertile mucus), and/or just BD every other day from period to period, and/or start charting your BBT to confirm that you are indeed ovulating.

All the strips are showing you is something called the LH Surge.  This is the hormone which causes the egg to be realeased from the ovary.  Just because you do not get a + opk doesn't mean that you didn't ovulate.  As the last poster said, the only way to really tell is by charting your temperature.  This is the only indicator of ovulation.  If you bd everyother day it will help your chances of becoming pregnant.
I completely agree with the suggestion to be monitoring your cervical mucous. It's so easy. And I second the recommendation to check out Taking Charge of your Fertility. That's where I learned about the mucous changes (thanks to some nice colour pix) and I know of a few pregnancies amongst my friends as a result of reading it. One of my friends finally realised she wasn't ovulating at all because she had never experienced EWCM (later confirmed by her doctor).

Check your mucous - it's easy and it's way, way cheaper than OPK tests (free, in fact!)
Thank you all for the comments, its really helped me out a lot. I am going to check on that book also. thanks again guys, much appreciated...