perineum cuts after sex

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

perineum cuts after sex

after i have sex w/my boyfriend, i have these cuts on my perineum.   It looks like paper cuts almost.  i think it may have something to do w/his penis being a bit girthy, does anyone else have this problem? also, im having vaginal discomfort afterwards if we have sex for a second time. it's almost like a burning sensation right at the vaginal opening. It could result from not being lubricated enough but i am lubricated and it just doesn't make sense to me. help!
this happened to me even with lube as well. I got some "hydrocortisone" cream from my dr. & put it on the area for about three days, a couple of times a day. no sex. after that, it's only come back a couple of times. then, i would just repeat. it seemed to work for me. i hope it works for you!
omg thanks! is the "hydrocortisone cream" over the counter or was it something that you had to have a prescription for?
i'm only responding to the hydrocortizone cream....you can get it basically anywhere and do not need a prescription. its a multi-purpose cream. sort of expensive but again, many uses.
i have heard in other posts in the past about these paper cuts and someone suggested a diaper rash ointment like desitin.

have you had a recent OBGYN/annual appt. about this?
do I have to wait for the cuts to heal before i use the cream?
no, thats actually the point of using the cream...to give you some relief.
As far as the burning sensation is concerned as separate from the cuts, I would watch that for either an infection (yeast or otherwise) or an allergic reaction if you are using condoms.  If it doesn't change soon, that one I would see a doctor about for sure.
I just very recently noticed the same thing and I first thought I was spotting a bit but when I checked it was what would appear as tiny little paper cuts causing some very minor bleeding and very little discomfort. I also felt as though it was my partners size and possibly the position in which we had sex. It seemed to be gone the next day and no problems since. I would imagine you could probably just try using a little baby oil or vaseline if you dont want the expense of special creams. Personally if this does continue I will most likely just use neosporin and talk to my doctor about it. Good Luck!

Thank god i am not the only one suffering from this.  I have had this continously now for 6 months.  Every time i have sex with my boyf i cannot have it again for at least a week as the cuts and entrance to the vagina are so sore.  We have tried KY Jelly, baby oil to no prevail.  Any other suggestions other than hydrocortisone?
omg! i also have the same paper cut issue...ive had them for a while. they would go away fpr a couple of weeks and then come back. I havent had sex with my boyfriend in a really long time so i assumed it wasnt that. i wouldnt even get them after sex, they would just come and go..im really scared though.. im going to try that hydrocorizone cream to see if it works. and w/b soon...ThAnKs
i have had the same problem, and its painful because the cuts hurt when you pee...any help?? i will try hydrocortizone...
i have experienced the same problem...i have three or so cuts on the perineal area as well and its painful only during intercourse. they look like tiny little gashes and are pinkish colored...i guess thats from blood maybe....when i wipe sometimes i get little spots of blood on the toilet paper...i have no idea how it could have happened so im going to go to the doctor...it might be from an allergic reaction to condoms...ive had yeast and bacterial infections before in the vagina...but i have never experienced any cuts or irritations on this particular area.  
The same thing happens to me and it hurts like hell.  I thought I started getting these papercut like things because I was on antibiotics for a long time.  I put diaper rash cream on and it helps for a few days but now its coming back.  It been a month now.  It hurts especially when i pee.  
Kristys when you go to the doctor, or anyone for that matter, about this, can you please write a post about what advise you got.  It would help us all!
Ladies I think I found out what it is.  It is called Lichen Sclerosis http://members.tripod.com/~shanmd/lichen.html
I went to the doctor today and got checked out.  I got swabs done to make sure and the results are in next week.  If you think this is the same for you - see your doctor!
I'm having the same problem too! Paper cut bleeding by the vagina and rawness after sex.  I've used Yeast creams, hydrocortizone only to get temporary relief. I thought it was just me.  It's really affecting my relationship with my hubby because i can only have sex once a week with him after it's healed otherwise it's too painful. It's interesting because we've been married for 10 years and this has just come up with in the past couple months. I would really be interested in hearing if anyone has successfully got rid of it.
The paper cuts could also be herpies (herpes)
well im glad im not the only one out here going threw this me and my hubby have only been married 7 months and in the last 2 months i have been getting these paper little cuts as well and we kinda figured it out. I noticed he was shaving and trimming up and the hair after a day or so would be like razor blades really pokey so he notice the discomfort this was putting on me and decided to take a break from trimming to see if that helps but i have been using vitamin E and that so works wonders
An autoimmune disorder called Behcet's Syndrome's initial symptoms closely resemble the herpes virus, causing vaginal sores, cuts, fissures, or folliculitis. Other symptoms develop years later, so it is very important that you find out just what it is that is causing your symptoms. Don't be too quick to brush it off as nothing, Behcet's disease affects people of every age and every race. It is important you see a doctor who know's enough to help you. Ask them about Behcet's Syndrome, if they don't know enough to tell you, they won't be able to tell you if you have it or not.
I have finally figured out what to do about the paper like cuts on my perineum that wouldn't go away. Thank goodness. It's a cream that you can get from the doctor. I have tried EVERY OTC drug you could think of to get relief. Perinial lotion, diaper rash cream, hydrocortisone cream, neosporin. EVERYTHING!! The cream anyone needs to clear this up is called nystatin and triamcinolone acetonide cream. Very long name. But I thank the lord above it exists.
Triamcinolone is a form of prednisolone, the main steriod used to treat Behcet's Disease. Nystatin is used to treat yeast infections. My question is have you had a problem with yeast infections? I  truely hope your problem is from yeast. If not, than it was most likely the Triamcinolone that helped you. That would mean you have an inflammatory problem going on. If that is the case, this medication can help you for now, but it's not going to stop the problem from happening again.  I truely hope your problem is yeast, but if it's not, please consider my what I've said.
First, I want to say that I think it is really important to see a physician as everyone's situation is different and the last thing you want to do is treat yourself with medicines that don't work. Also, seeing a physician should avoid any unnecessary scare mongering.
I too had the paper-like cuts on my perineum (area between anus and vagina). These cuts would disappear and reappear. The cuts were very painful and would burn when I urinated. The skin in the area also had a whitish look, sometimes described as a 'cigarette paper appearance'. After talking to my GYN he concluded that I had Lichen Sclerosis. This is not the same as a yeast infection and is no way related to herpes. The doc prescribed me Clobetasol Prionate 0.05%, a high potency steroid cream. For those who fear that steroids cause thinning of the skin, there is no published evidence to prove this. The cream is to be applied twice a day for two weeks and then once a day until the symptoms clear. Good luck!
Thank god fort i was on my own. I have seen gp upon gp in the last 4 years and have had so many tests and lotions and potions that prove that they do not know what they are treating but if it is this common how comes more is not known about it. I have all the symptoms you have all said the splits and soreness and I get it about twice a month and it can last upto 2 weeks!! It makes sex and going to the tiolet and exercise impossible. It can make me so depressed. Currently ive been with dermatology for a year and they have done swabs which suggest it does get infected when the splits appear and before they can heal I have to have antibiotics, but i mentioned lichen sclerosis to the dermatoligist and they told me they didn't think it was this but is there any test i can get done as I can not rule this out?
I have had similar issues over the years...at first my doc told me it was because my perineum needed to be stretched a bit...I had all c sections therefore no ripping naturally.....I find the position we have sex in greatly affects how sore I am afterward....rear positions make it worse...also I find what soap I use affects how dry my vaginal skin becomes....I can only use DOVE ...no body washes...no perfumey soap...and I'm only 30...its not estrogen related....I can use vagisil wash but it smells like medicine...yuck....I have had a worse problem with small rips since being with my current boyfriend...he is a bit wider than previous bfs....I have also had spotty bleeding...but always check with a doc as that can also be chlymadia.( not spelled right)....I am so sensitive if my bf uses a strong bodywash and we have sex I get a reaction from it...also if men trim their pubes and bit it can help....less roughage to grind on sensitive skin...even the type of laundry soap I use can be a problem....then if I am already irritated I tear more when having sex also I get more than lubricated and it never seems to matter.....I have also used Vaginex...and it stings like heck....Lanacaine can help a bit cuz it has benzocaine in it which numbs it but if put on rips it stings at first too....
I also have the exact same problem. Tiny, almost non-visible cuts (lik paper cuts) around the entrance to the Vagina and near the perineum. They appeared only a few days ago, for no apparent reason.

I have been on and off antibiotics for 3 years with recurring pneumonia. Recently changing drugs to Doxycycline. You will soon see how this is relevant.....

I have had a few friends with the same problem over the last few years, all initially baffled by its sudden onset and lack of information about it. Luckily they did the ground work for me. My best friend has had this same skin issue and did everything humanly possible over the course of a year to source out the cause and fix the problem, it was affecting her sex life and long term relationship with her boyfriend. He was very patient and waited for her to figure it out - She did!!!! Finally!!! after seeing Gyno after Gyno.

OUR ANSWER!!! It is caused from excessive use of antibiotics and/or a particular antibiotic that just doesn't react well with your skin. There are many types of antibiotics... penicillin, diflucan,amoxicillan, erythromicin etc But certain types have certain side effects. The drugs weaken the tissue and cause the skin to rip and tear easily. For women, commonly around the vagina (labia majora).

So, what to do??? and why don't the doctors know about it??? You have to keep the area dry, so it can heal, but sometimes bepanthen or paw paw ointment is good, so you can at least urinate without the sting. Have warm salt baths, avoid soap on  the area and use anti-bacterial wash. Avoid sex.... I know, its hard but you have to. ... for at least 3 weeks sometimes more. In most cases the skin will repair itself. You can assist with bio oil, vitamin E capsules, evening primrose oil or omega 3 fish oil to help skin cells replenish......you can even open the capsule and rub some directly on the skin, when it starts to heal a bit. BUT, in some cases, like my BF's she had to get the skin removed from the area because it just would heal.

GPs see so many variations of different skin problems and STDs that they probably don't think of the side effects of the drugs they so easily prescribe! They are so pro-drugs that they dare not think it has such devastating reactions. Just think of what's going on in our insides, if thats going on on our outsides! Only a few Drs and specialists would be familiar with the actual cause, so, thats why I thought I should help bring awareness.. It's a real problem and I hope my insight helps.

Good luck, keep me posted.
i have been just told by my doctor i have herpes, and i want to hurt my boyfriend i know he gave this to me, but i am trying to forgive him but i am not doing very well i cry constantly we have been together for 2 years an after 1year the rubber broke and since then i tried ,my life with him and the results was herpes, i am a fearful to be with any other man, what if the rubber bust i may ruin someone elese, i can't take that change so i have just been with him,i made him take the test and yes he does have this, I have a concern every time we have sex which is not much maybe once a month soon as we get into it i feel like my vagina walls are being riped, and the more he does this the more i feel that my vagina will have cuts, and yes it does, i cannot finish sex with him, i use a rubber and put much lubicate on it but still why does this happen, my out break is not present but when i have sex i get cuts, am i doomed does this mean i can never have sex again, when i go to the rest room i fly off the toliet with pain. Please help me with advise.  
OK that girl was right.. This happens to me all the time and I have to not have sex for like 2 or 3 days after the cuts because it hurts so bad trying to have sex with them. It becomes extremely frustrating! I went to the doctor once and they told me it was called Thong Vaginitus. Girls.. I am not even kidding you. He seriously told me that wearing thongs causes dry and irritated skin which breaks easily over time. He also said that the small peice of cotton that is supposed to cover us up down there isnt enough and comes in contact with the yucks from your anus and causes infection that will be completely irritaated from sex. Thats what causes the cuts. Now let me tell you that I cannot just stop wearing a thong.. impossible so he prescribed me  nystatin and triamcinolone acetonisde ointment w.e the hell that is and after sex when I get the cuts i apply a **** load and wear undies to bed. When I wake up in the morning it feels so much better and I re apply it and Ill usually be able to have any kind of sex that night with jus a tiny tiny bit of pain but bareable! Ladies go to the doctor and tell them about the problem and I can guarentee they prescribe that to you and god does it help! jus appl ysmall amounts a few times a day and you should be good.. hope this helps
During sex, I tend to dry up very quckly, and even using lube it burns during sex. I find that if the position is me on top, I feel that the cuts can occur from his pubic hairs rubbing on me. But even when i'm on the bottom it gets very painful, almost to the point where I have to stop during sex because it's too painful.  Do I have a really sensitive vagina? because its only been this year that i have had these symptoms, and i've been with my partner for 2 years. After sex, if i look at my vagina and open it up, i instantly get cuts. What is happening? Does anyone else have these exact syptoms (symptoms)? Do I have a really sensitive vagina? or isn't this normal? HELP please
Appears I have the same symptoms as many...which is comforting on some levels.  I was divorced early last year....have a boyfriend now for 6 months, a long distance love thing .I was tested for everything under the moon 2x in the past year.  I am a bit neurotic.  A condom broke early in the relationship, so I asked him to get tested again (though he had been tested a few years back too). Test results are fine. We are monogamous..and last weekend, being the once-a-month couple that we are - we had sex 8x in about 2 days.  Weekend warriors, my love and I.  Anyway, all was well until 2 days later.  BURNED TO PEE!!!  I take a hand mirror, look, and see the "papercut" or "rug burn" effect from the bottom of my vaginal opening to my anus.  My man is a BIG fan of 'doggie style' and I wonder if it is caused by friction.  Here I am, 10 days later....still seeing the rug burns, slight bleeding, and the added addition of a sore, swollen anus with slight raised whitehead looking, sensitive to the touch things. (we do not engage in anal sex).  Did I make a simple thing worse by using over the counter Desitin, Liquid bandage (ouch) and neosporn (not all at the same time)?
Iv also been experiencing the (papercut) irritation, and pain during and after sex..at first i thought it was from shaving. But still im very unsure because i went a couple of weeks without shaving and i still got them..i just had a pap today and my dr told me it could be bacterial vaginosis Has any one been told it could be that?.I really havent used any creams but im sure going to try..thanks for all the advice i was really starting to think i was the only one with this problem
behcets is a syndrome that causes really bad ulcers on the genitals and in the mouth NOT small paper like cuts if they had behcets they would most certainly know about it ! its more than likely just the position and angle that u had sex in i had the same and a disorder or syndrome doesnt just pop up out of nowhere right after sex !
To diagnose LS the Dr will do a punch bipsoy - make sure the area is numbed first. If they won't numb it (ask before you go), go somewhere else.
Do not wait for this problem to develop into a worse situation. Start to treat it as early as possible. Everyone is different and different things work for different people. Read the information on the LS yahoo group and find a treatment that works for you.
There are also groups for other languages.
I have had a tear on my perineum for over a week now. I have been putting A&D ointment on, and even tried Prep H.  It doesn't hurt, but it is itchy.  I will be going to the doctor this week if I see no results this weekend.  For a while this year, my vagina had been extremely sore for a few days after sex.  Aside from the situation I am experiencing right now, I found that if I stick to a good "vaginal care" routine, I do quite well and don't get sore.  My routine includes putting a vaginal moisturizer like vagisil in my vagina once every three days.  The one I purchase has applicators that you insert.  Then, I put a little cornstarch in my undies every morning... especially in the summertime.  It just helps to keep me dry from the perspiration, and helps keep the yeast infections away.  When a yeast infection does occur, blend plain yogurt and tumeric (the spice), pour it into a reusable douche, and douche with it over the toilet or in the shower. Then wear a panty liner the rest of the day.  Messy, but somewhat effective.  Be careful what you wear,too, because the tumeric is known to stain.  Finally, the remainder of my vaginal care involves foreplay and astroglide, and plenty of each.  I don't want to hear that my sista's are getting ripped up down there due to "rushing the moment."  Make him take time with you, so that your vaginal stays healthy... and know that it is ok to give your vagina a break for a day after sex so that it heals.
My 12 year old daughter has these sorts of cuts. And were really close. She tells me everything and he told me she's been getting the same cuts everybody else has been getting but shes never had sex. I know that for sure because she only goes over to friends houses. I'm worried I need help what should I do?
haven't read all these messages, but i have had this problem for years. Several years ago i saw my gyno exhaustively to have this figured out. Not just the cut thing, but general irritation and itchiness. i was convinced it was a stubborn yeast infection, and they even did a biopsy and he told me all it is is dermatitis. now, i did notice that as soon as i started using laundry detergent without dye and perfume and stuff it started to get better. also only wearing cotton underwear, and not using any sort of soap. however, it never cleared up completely and still comes back with the most minor of irritation.

i have sort of just learned to deal with it, but the past few days it has been very bad. i had some pretty rough sex, and with the heat i am seeing pretty bad cuts as well as feeling soreness that goes deeper than the surface. almost like bruising. it's probably just because the sex was rough, and i'm hoping it's not super serious, but it is freaking me out. now that i hear of these alternate possible diagnoses i'm going to the doc immediately. will be calling tomorrow and hopefully get in there ASAP.

has anyone had it hurt so bad that you feel ill? that's how i feel. probably it's partly that i'm having it all over....we had anal sex as well. i know there was no contamination from back to front, and i am not worried about an infection, really, it just hurts!
I hope your doctor gave you an rx for herpes.  There are also ointments for this.  I hope your boyfriend can be understanding so you can HEAL.  Ask your doctor about a suppressive dose regimen of acyclovir.  I recommend a lubricant called Very Private Intimate Moisture- designed for women who have had cancer and painful intercourse.  Best of luck
I get that sometimes as well, but they arent just from my boyfriend during intercourse... I notice I get it when I have a yeast infection...tmi. Sorry It also really burns to urinate after intercourse sometimes too, especially when my boyfriend shaves his area. I have no idea, but its highly annoying.
I have tiny cuts on my perineum as well. How do I gain relief when I pee? Because when I pee it burns like hell.  I've ended up just avoiding peeing as long as possible and even then, the only relief I find is standing up and peeing in the shower so that the pee doesn't touch the area. Any suggestions???
I have been reading these blogs for a while now in desperation.  The only thing I have tried that was suggested in this blog that gave my ANY relief was the suggested use of crisco shortening.  yes it sounds crazy- but when youre in pain- you will try it.  I have great relief with this- works as a great barrier while your skin heals.  no more burning like hell...
yes use crisco shortening as a skin barrier protectant--sounds crazy but its the only thing that worked for me
Ladies,

I think it is time that we be smart for ourselves and voice when intercourse becomes uncomfortable during a certain position as our skin becomes irritated, as well as give our bodies time to heal after sex.  Be sure your partner is patient enough to understand that you need to be well lubricated, either thru oral means or with an astroglide-like substance, so as not to tear.  For those of you who have severe itching or burning and have not yet seen a doctor... it's time!  Make your appointments this week.  It's time we take care of ourselves and stop putting everyone else before our health.  Now I'll get off my soapbox.  

~Concerned Sister
I have been having the same problem since i began having sex, which was only about 6-7 months ago. Luckily my boyfriend is very understanding and waits those few days that we cant do it in. However the situation was still incredibly frustrating for me so i made an appointment with my Gyno. Basically:
Its not a yeast infection or chlamydia
Not a STD or STI of any kind (i was tested)
and not LS
She just described it as 'thin skin' which sounds about right because whatever friction happens between my boyfriends genitals and mine, lubricated or not, shaved or hairy, i ALWAYS get the cuts, no matter what position or duration of intercourse. She prescribed 'Ovestin' oestrogen cream for me to thicken the skin. It's meant to be inserted into the vagina but since mine (and our) problems are external she said to just rub onto the affected area . She also said to be patient because it takes a month or two to work, and in the meantime she recommended using positions where the least amount of friction would occur, like doggy. Ive only been using it for a couple of weeks and i'll admit its hard to just do doggy the whole time so i havnt really been keeping up with that, but i will try, and i will report back in a month or so on how the cream has been working. but so far i have noticed that we can go longer whereas before i would feel the pain after only maybe 15 mins
I'm dealing with cuts right now. and they hurt so bad. and i get them off and on after i get done having sex with my boyfriend. I am pregnant also and i have these cuts right now. I'm not sure what to do. and I'm scared. and I'm really terrified about this. I'm intending on calling my health department to make an appointment. But also It hurts when hurts when i pee. When I'm getting ready to pee (and the pees gonna come out), Any help!!! I could really use it. and i will try that cream.
hi did you ever find out what you could use....im stressing out and dont know what to do and your situation is the exact same as mine right now!
Remind your partners not to use cologne or any soaps with fragrances, as that might help.  Friction can definitely tear the skin.  I have never heard of the Ovestin cream to thicken the skin, but it is worth looking into.  

ALSO,  I had a long visit with a local vitamin store (not a commercial GNC) and I learned a lot about yeast.  Yeast can appear orally, vaginally, or on your skin.  They have remedies for each.  Whereas my dermatologist recommended Lotrisone for yeast on my skin, the health food store gave me a bar soap called Candida Freedom which they said works great.  
I have been having serious problems for 5 years - cuts (that bleed) after sex, always in the same place, meaning I cannot have sex often, or as freely as I would like. It has had a serious effect on me and my husband, and makes me very depressed. He has stayed with me and stayed faithful, though at times I have suggested breaking up our marriage over it.

It started after 12 months of 'normal' sex with him, and he has a very large girth, but my body coped at first!

I have been to several drs, specialists and even therapists.

So far I know - it is not an STD, not any condition that they can tell, and as a guess from the specialist I have been told its perhaps 'thin skin' combined with psychological issues from all the problems - i.e. a vicious circle of fear of getting cut making me more tense.

I am willing to try any of the products and creams mentioned on the post, so please keep the suggestions coming.

Thanks xx
So what's the. Best thing to do,  I am sick of this discomfort during sex and it makes me feel like it's my fault.
Im very fastrated about this cuts, i got them last year december after sex and they went away after two days, i havnt had sex than untill two days back and yet iv experienced the same cuts around vaginal openning. To make matters worse i aslo get the cuts during my period, i usually use tempons but i have to stop them due to the pain when insurting it. i also get a cut between my vagina and anus, which comes and goes. I have visited the doc but he only gave me a cream for the pain, he told me he doent know what it is causing such cuts. I again went to see another doc concerning the cuts i get during my periods and she told me its due to a drop in homoglobin during menstration and she gave me an antibiotic cream. All this seems not to help and im very worried and tierd of going to doctors coz i get no help from them.
Hydrocortisone is a steroid cream that burns off a layer of skin to encourage growth underneath. There are different strengths of the cream and is commonly used for eczema. Obviously the genital area is extremely sensitive so especially in this case you should not be using it without professional advice from a doctor. Probably best to try a nappy rash cream, aqueous cream or sudocream before any steroid based cream. I have had previous problems with severe dry skin and eczema and unsurprisingly that and this issue are related. For dry skin I've found some over counter creams and moisturisers more effective than the prescribed hydrocortisones and bacterial creams. Now ive had this issue with my well endowed boyfriend (not that I'm complaining) but plan to try nappy rash creams before any of the harsher stuff!!
I had sex for the first time in a few months yesterday. It wasn't painful during sex or after, but this morning I realized I had a small cut on the bottom of my vagina and it is swollen which makes peeing very difficult. I am very small while my boyfriend well isn't.. Any advice on getting better ASAP?
I have been with my partner for nearly 3 years and every time we engage in sexual contact I tear around my cervix in 2-3 places I also get the burning sensation and little raised lumps afterwards that weren't there before intercourse it has a burning sensation and we are looking into condom allergy as we both get irritation after wearing them,however anything else latex does not irritate. the problem we have is that we can't use Normal shop bought condoms as they are all too small for him & cut off circulation so we use a special website that makes them. it's really effecting our sex life .
I also had lots of of paper cuts on my perineum and around vaginal area.  Visited my gyn and was advised to stop my birth control tablets because it was causing my vaginal area to be very moist which was the cause of the tears.  I started feeling better almost immediately after stopping the tablets.  
Do not use oil as it can breakdown condoms, and hydrocortisone should not be used in the genital area.
Lubricant, WATER BASED is extraordinarily helpful and some can be used for oral sex as well as massages as they are flavored (try sweet licks which you can get a Spencer's for about 6 bux, and it heats up as well. It's GREAT for foreplay, and my bf loves it as well! I use the watermelon and it really tastes good :)
When fissures which are little tears result, don't gave sex a second time or even a day ur so
When fissures which are little tears result, don't have sex a second time or even a day or so, it's only adding insult to injury. especially bc once tearing or being cut, the spermicide on the condom could be causing the burning sensation.
Also pay attention to which brand you use or switch to as each had their own spermicidal formula, and you may have an allergy to a specific one if not latex. I found out very quickly after having sex the first time that I have a very severe reaction with Trojan brand condoms, but not Lifestyles.
Balmex can be used on outside tissues such as the labia  and majora and surrounding areas, and unscented baby wipes can be used when peeing over the few days following(also as your dr. About tucks pads.) regular toilet paper can cause more irritation, but if it's necessary, for example when you're out, try simply patting yourself dry with it instead if wiping.
Hi tinkertot,
I have just read your post. My dr has put me on ovestin a week ago. I have a new man and when I slept with him it was uncomfortable and I had the paper cuts as well.
Anyway I was wondering if you felt different in 3 weeks in to your treatment.
I will see him again in two weeks but I am scared sex will be uncomfortable again. Also, I am worried that he might taste the medicine. Could you please tell me about your experience?
Hi tinkertot,
Yes, you have herpes. These are the symptoms, this is what happens, you get small tears, those are called fissures. The same thing happened to me, and I went to the doctor while I had the cuts, they tested them and sure enough there you go. The soreness is part of the herpes symptoms, not from sex, but somehow sex brings the cuts on, they sting, heal slowly and make going to the bathroom even a pain. I thought it was low estrogen, but my guy got tested too and he carries the antibodies for herpes and had no idea. If you take the acyclovir, the cuts go away. You can take that every day for the rest of your life and you won't get breakouts. Or your guy can take it, not sure who needs to take it as its all new to me. It *****, there you go. Sorry for the news. This probably applies to most of the comments on here, apparently 1 in 6 people have it, men spread it, and don't tell women that they have it. Its now considered normal not to tell people when you have an STD, which is utter crap. Also, men don't often get the symptoms or know they carry it until they give it to a woman. Yes, you can give it even when not having an outbreak.