WOMEN'S HEALTH
COMMUNITY
perineum cuts after sex
by littlemissstar51, Sep 24, 2006
after i have sex w/my boyfriend, i have these cuts on my perineum.   It looks like paper cuts almost.  i think it may have something to do w/his penis being a bit girthy, does anyone else have this problem? also, im having vaginal discomfort afterwards if we have sex for a second time. it's almost like a burning sensation right at the vaginal opening. It could result from not being lubricated enough but i am lubricated and it just doesn't make sense to me. help!
Member Comments (55)
by emmabemma, Sep 24, 2006
this happened to me even with lube as well. I got some "hydrocortisone" cream from my dr. & put it on the area for about three days, a couple of times a day. no sex. after that, it's only come back a couple of times. then, i would just repeat. it seemed to work for me. i hope it works for you!
by littlemissstar51, Sep 24, 2006
omg thanks! is the "hydrocortisone cream" over the counter or was it something that you had to have a prescription for?
by oceans3, Sep 24, 2006
i'm only responding to the hydrocortizone cream....you can get it basically anywhere and do not need a prescription. its a multi-purpose cream. sort of expensive but again, many uses.
i have heard in other posts in the past about these paper cuts and someone suggested a diaper rash ointment like desitin.

have you had a recent OBGYN/annual appt. about this?
by littlemissstar51, Sep 24, 2006
do I have to wait for the cuts to heal before i use the cream?
by AnnieBrooke, Sep 24, 2006
As far as the burning sensation is concerned as separate from the cuts, I would watch that for either an infection (yeast or otherwise) or an allergic reaction if you are using condoms.  If it doesn't change soon, that one I would see a doctor about for sure.
by oceans3, Sep 24, 2006
no, thats actually the point of using the cream...to give you some relief.
by stormyca, Sep 25, 2006
I just very recently noticed the same thing and I first thought I was spotting a bit but when I checked it was what would appear as tiny little paper cuts causing some very minor bleeding and very little discomfort. I also felt as though it was my partners size and possibly the position in which we had sex. It seemed to be gone the next day and no problems since. I would imagine you could probably just try using a little baby oil or vaseline if you dont want the expense of special creams. Personally if this does continue I will most likely just use neosporin and talk to my doctor about it. Good Luck!
by nic21976, Oct 10, 2006

Thank god i am not the only one suffering from this.  I have had this continously now for 6 months.  Every time i have sex with my boyf i cannot have it again for at least a week as the cuts and entrance to the vagina are so sore.  We have tried KY Jelly, baby oil to no prevail.  Any other suggestions other than hydrocortisone?
by manda06, Jul 13, 2007
omg! i also have the same paper cut issue...ive had them for a while. they would go away fpr a couple of weeks and then come back. I havent had sex with my boyfriend in a really long time so i assumed it wasnt that. i wouldnt even get them after sex, they would just come and go..im really scared though.. im going to try that hydrocorizone cream to see if it works. and w/b soon...ThAnKs