post-menopausal body pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

post-menopausal body pain

I am post-menopausal for 5 years, Three years ago I developed muscle pain the week that I would have originally had my period, the week of the'' 20's'' I call it. Severe muscle pain for about 4 days then goes away, until the next the month. It is so painful that I can hardly walk and I moan in my sleep. I have had every lab test and MRI on earth and no one can tell me what is problem, I am healthy!!!!  It has to be hormonal .Gyn doctor is clueless . Please can anyone help?
Some of the conditions with widespread body aches are fibromyalgia(a disorder classified by the presence of chronic widespread pain and tactile allodynia(pain even on touching)  ,chronic fatigue syndrome(often manifests with widespread myalgia and arthralgia, cognitive difficulties, chronic mental and physical exhaustion)  ,polymyositis (means 'many muscle inflammation') , vitamin D deficiency and polymyalgia rheumatica(an inflammatory disorder that causes widespread muscle aching and stiffness, primarily in your neck, shoulders, upper arms, thighs and hips. It literally appears overnight, but the cause may be a problem with the immune system, perhaps involving both genetic and environmental factors).
Complete physical examination along with investigations like ESR blood, platelet count Rheumatoid factor, creatine kinase,electromyography and muscle biopsy may be needed to make a diagnosis.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Thank - you very much,  Dr. Kaur. I have had all the tests that you have suggested, except the muscle biopsy. I may have to considered that (it was suggested by a neurologist, who couldn't find anything).Thank-you.