puss pimple on viginal area looks a little shiny soft bump?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

this is my first time on here. about 2 yrs ago i had got a bump around my viginal area (by my bikini, inner thigh). it sort of looked like a pimple but when i would touch it, it was a soft shiny bump. i had poppd  it and puss would *** out then a little blood. about a month or two it went away but a few days ago it came back and the same thing is happening and its still there iam sort of scared about what it could be because im sexualy active and i hope its not anything that can be given to my partner. please can any help me out and tell me what it can be!!!!
hi, i think its just ingrowing hairs ! once popped and swelling gone is there a hair in the middle ? quite common can be caused by shaving or just where clothes rub . x x
it could be an ingrown hair. if it is, get a product called Tendskin. it helps keep the hairs from getting ingrown , red bumps, razor burn ect. if you are sexually active you should have your first pap if you havent already. please use condoms im sure you have heard about hpv causing cervical cancer. im guessing from your name you are young. if you cant talk to your parents about going to the dr, there are clinics you can be seen at. take care of yourself, ending up with herpes or something worse will effect your whole life. ok im done mothering you lol.
it doesnt sound like an std to me, just thought i would ease your mind a bit, if it were herpes you would get more then one bump, and if you tried to pop it you would be in alotta pain,  so i agree with everyone else, sounds like an ingrown hair, i get those from time to time and there annoying, but not serious
i've got a big fat zit down there right now annoying the **** out of me (i know- tmi- but i figured it's worth sharing if it may help you feel better). it's been there a while cause, well, it's kinda an awkward place to ask someone to squeeze it (although dh is willing, bless his soul). anywho... as long as it is on the outside (as in, not a place that is constantly moist) try putting some antibiotic ointment on it. it has helped shrink mine. and my pharmacist (my husband) said it's ok to do that as long as it's on the outside.

but that aside, as the other posters mentioned, if you're overdue or haven't had one yet, you should get a pap and all that. when i was a teen and went for my first, i felt very comfortable with the clinic. they provide you with a wealth of knowledge and are there to truly help you and answer any questions you have (without the hint of being judgemental).
thank you for answering my question you had made my day  to find out that it isnt too much of a big deal!!!!! thank you all!!!! :)
I LOOKED THIS UP MYSELF BECAUSE I HAVE THIS VERY THING.... EXCEPT ITS ON MY UPPPER VAGINA CLOSE TO THE TOP.. ITS APPEARED 3 TIMES WITHIN ABOUT 6 YEARS. I TOUCH IT AND ITS SO SORE AND WHEN I SQUEEZE ON IT A LITTLE PUSS COMES OUT AND  THEN BLOOD....IT HURTS BUT I DID JUST SHAVE ALL MY HAIRS OFF.....
ive been experiencing bumps on there but i did once shave all of my hair off to but  also had and still have this weired obsession with picking the hairs off myslef.. im sexually active but i honestly dont think its anything serious ..i looked up pics and stuff and it doesnt look like anything i have. but i wonder how i could get rid of the bumps
hey, im 22 and i get shiny bumps on my pubic area that do not bust when i squeeze them. they are not by my opening, although sometime i get them on my lip. i typically get them a week or two after a wax,but i also get them when i don't shave. they don't itch,but they do start to hard after i try to pop them.could this be a sign for something???,i have not have a pep since i was 15.