should I be worried?
My question is kind of complicated. See I had my first child in May 2006 and was put on a birth control pill that was safe to use while breast feeding. Once I stopped breast feeding they put me on Ortho-Cyclean and I was having a normal period. Although it was my fault for stopping I stopped taking my birth control pills and I didn't have a period for over a month. I took a pregnancy test and it came out negative. Before I got pregnant when I stopped taking my pills the same thing happened I didn't have a period for like a month and then I did then I got pregnant. I started taking my pills again and after I did I got my period, but it's been like 2 weeks and it's not a heavy flow and I'm not in any pain but I am still having my period. Could this be because I stopped and started taking my birth control pills so irregularly that it could have thrown my period off, or is this something that I should be worried about.
thanks so much I was really scared something was wrong with me I feel better now.
hi there,

Your irregular cycles most likely have to do with the birth control pills.  Once your body gets used to them, your cycles should regulate again.  When i first started taking birth control pills several years ago, i was put on ortho- tricyclin, and at first i had my period (not real heavy or any cramps, etc) for about 5 weeks straight.  I eventually got on a new pill and my cylces were back to regular within a month or so.  Maybe talk to your doc...it could be that your body is still adjusting to the pill, or maybe this pill isn't the right one for you. Good luck!