smelly vigina(vagina)

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

smelly vigina(vagina)

Ever since i started having sex with my boyfriend my vigina (vagina) has smelled different. It smells really bad and its never smelled like this before. It smells bad on the inside mainly, but i can smell it on my pants and even when i am just sitting down.

Help please!!!
Tags: vigina
Are you justing protection or is he finishing inside you.  Sometimes if you are use a condom that can cause you to have an odor due to the latex or spermicide.  You may have a reaction to the condom also.  If he is finishing inside you that can cause an odor.  With sperm being able to live in there for around 3 days you could be experiencing extended odor or if you are having sex often and he is finishing in you that could be causing your odor to be so strong or you smell it alot.  Is this your first partner or have you had others and this has never happened before.  Some STDs will give an odor along with sometimes an burning or iching feeling.  It never hurts to see your gyno if this is new for you and you are concerned about.  
As a outside observer and not an actual owner...
My ex had the same problem, it was attributed to washing too much and throwing the Ph balance off.
Its not always something bad. you may need to dusch more often it helps alot.
Please don't d o u che, it pushes any bacteria that is present further up into the vagina, any gynecologist will tell you that.
If you are not using the condoms that is the problem, having semen in you throws your vaginas pH off and can give you a temporary nasty smell, it is normal but if you want to avoid it have him wear a condom, he should be anyways.
Sexual activity does change your hormones and ph balance. It is an inevitable side effect. It will change in strength of course due to things you and he eat, the moon, your emotions and yes if he finsihes inside of you. Sperm is pretty smelly.
Also as you both get older - smells get stronger. You are probably more bothered by the smell than he, unless it is really strong. If so consult your gynocologist.
Try going off the pill for a month (use condoms of course) and see if your body just needed to release the egg.

hope it helps
Idk I'm about to ***
Ive had this same problem since meeting my present partner 2 years ago! Since we started sleeping together i noticed some very bad smells coming from down there, which got especially bad for a few days after we had sex. We've both been std tested so i knew that wasn't the cause. It was so bad i could smell it through my clothes and was so paranoid about people being able to smell me! I found washing and showering more just didn't help so i tried this: Buy some Natural Probiotic Yoghurt ( i bought Asda's own low fat one ) then first thing in the morning, dip a tampon into the yoghurt, making sure its well covered with it then insert it into your vagina, any excess just rub it over the outside area of your vagina. Leave it in for 5 hours then take it out and repeat the process immediately. I did this for a full day and the smell completely vanished, it was great and such a sense of relief!!! I was smell free for a good few days but then we had sex again and the smell came back, so i definitely agree that some mens sperm can interfere with the ph of a womens vagina. Ive been doing the yoghurt thing the day after we have sex for a few weeks now and would definitely recommend it.  Its just a pain having to do it everytime after we have sex, however we dont live together so thankfully we only tend to have sex once every week or 2! Although we did do it a few days ago and i didn't have any yoghurt so didn't do it that day so the smell has come back but its not nearly as bad as it was before i started doing this, so give it a try and see if it works for you!
I have had a problem twice in the 6 months I've been seeing my partner a weird smell after sex. It only last 1 or 2 days but it is the weirdest smell   Then it goes away  I have been checked for STDs and I was clean I don't get it. Any thoughts
Had same prob went to Dr - recurrent BV due to our chemistry doesn't go well together(my fiancé & myself). They said there was nothing I could do but, to use a condom - out of the question for me I hate them & we are monogamous, so their isn't a need & I flat out refuse. After much online research & trying many things I found a miracle - simply douche with equal parts hydrogen proxide & water after intercourse (everytime) & I also occasionally use the tampon dipped in yogurt just to reintroduce healthy bacteria back into my vagina. I haven't had any odor since & I've been using this method for over a year now. Also, all of my pap smears & exams have been perfectly normal. I only leave the yogurt tampon in for 2 hours. I know this will help you & any other woman who tries it.    
I have the same problem too. I go to the bathroom and pee and then I take a shower and that usually helps
Bacterial Vaginosis  
Check with a doctor , very common can be corrected.  I was cured with meds.
I have had it too and its just the semen. Its gunk sitting inside your vagina that isnt usually there going rotten in my opinion, Its warm in thre so its cooking lol What helped me is as soon as he had *** inside me i'd jump up and run to the toilet and push it all out! Then what you need to do is buy some femfresh cleansing wipes which are pH balanced and Hypoallergenic (other countries will have different brand, I am in New Zealand), and keep them in your handbag to wipe yourself with after you have pushed it all out into the toilet and then just use them daily to freshen up. They also have a talc free powder you can buy to sprinkle in your knickers and a liqud soap to use which i have been using for nearly a year due to the fact that normal soaps and shampoos gives me thrush. I have only had thrush once since useing this product and that is because i ran out and had to use normal shampoo. Another cause of bad odor could be thrush cos i use to get it alot when i was having regular sex with a partner. So thats my opinions guys, hope it helps some one :)
U MAY HAVE AN INFECTION CALLED BACTERIA VAGINOS (BV) I DONT THINK I SPELLED IT RITE BUT BASICALLY ITS A COMMON INFECTION AND THT IS NOT TRANSFERED SEXUALLY U CAN LOOK IT UP N READ ABOUT IT.IT CAUSES AN ABNORMAL DISCHARGE ANd HAS A FISHY ODER SPEACIALLY DURING AND AFTER INTERCOURSE THE INFECTION DOESNT CAUSE HARM BUT SHOULD BE TREATED IMMEDIATLY it also can occur from douching so plz DONT DOUCHE .FUTHER QUESTIONS PLZ ASK
I'm having this weird fishy smell an idk were it's coming from but when we have sex he don't use a condom an bust inside of me continuously. any help I dnt knw what to do
I am 18 and I have had sex but its only been afew months now that my vagina is staring to smell really bad and I no I dnt have any STDs (I haven't had many partners) even when I dnt have sexual intercourse for months it will still smell. I wash all the time and keep it clean but I really need help on trying to stop the smell. Its making me very self conscious and embarrassed. My friend is also going through what I'm going through but hasn't had sex? What can I do to get rid of the smell without going to my mom?
How did find out about the yogurt thing.?? That is very cool never heard that before.
I have only just started sleeping woth my boyfriend and I have never had any problems withe smelling down below before, it smells horrible, I can smell it through my clothes when I'm just sitting down or something and its making me really paranoid about people smelling it and does this yoghurt thing actually work?
seems lyk most of us are having the same problem, i also have that bad smell a day aftr sex if nt the same day and its uncomfortable cos its lyk the whole world hears the smell . And my partnr hate condoms that he'll rather nt have sex wth me at ol than wearing one, and suprising i usualy had unprotected sex wth ma ex bf bt there were no smells. Pls hlp a sista!!
white vinegar and 1 gal. water douche
oh my.. were having the same problem, but Im confused. Im having my period and it is really smelly down there, its like a rotten fish!! cant help it because I can smell it even when im on my pants, sitting and relaxing. We had sex with my boyfriend and after a few days I had my menstruation and starting to smell that foul odor under. I really need help because Im afraid that I may be pregnant and having a injured fetus inside, is it really just the semen? pls help :(
On the money. Same exact problem. Same exact results!! So ladies read her post about the hydrogen peroxide & distilled water douching. And probiotoc probiotic probiotic!! I've had this problem for years now. After getting a tubil and allowing him to finish inside started it all. Its a hassle to control this issue but im not using condoms either. I use probiotic capsules also. Inserted up in there overnight after sex and good to go the next day. Good luck.
I am a 44 year old wife, mother, and grand-mother. NEVER in my entire life have I ever had an issue with this "SMELL" thing!!!!!!. The only thing I can think is my husband is a marathon runner, and he recently began doing hormones for an upcoming event. And of coarse we all know that with hormones, they have made him like a 16 year old school boy again.(Which we had sex pretty regular anyway, just not as much....LOL). Well ever since these hormones have been introduced I have such an ODOR I can barely stand myself!!!!! I have tried Re-Fresh,mild vinegar douches, norforms, and vagasil. I guess my next stop is the good old OBGYN. It is just so embarrassing at my age. Any suggestion guys?????
I am a 25 yr old female and only a few times had a smell that I noticed when I wasn't "washing" properly. As a hair dresser I know all about Ph balance and inside of you vagina can get thrown off by lots of things. My fool proof method that my doctor agrees with is a all natural hair condditioner I put it on my two middle fingers and gently massage it into me. Inside girls... Don't be afraid and it's not weird. A woman should be comfortable with her own body. This will gently cleanse without any  Harsh detergents that will cause worse smell and remove dead skin on the inside as well as the outside just massage in and out a few times not enough to stimulate yourself but you know what I mean and the outside as well. Then you can either submerge your lower half in FRESHLY drawn clean bath water and again take your fingers and rinse the inside out and outside or you can sit with the bath water running in between your legs and do the same. Do this about every other day and you will smell clean and fresh always don't use anything with dies or perfumes. Your boyfriend will greatly appreciate it And do will you promise!!!!!
I use to have that very same problem! I would also get BV all the time until A doctor told me I would never have that problem again,if I took a prolific by the name acidophilus.. Let be tell you! I haven't have ANY PROBLEMS FOR TWO YEARS NOW and my husband isn't circumcised either! I passed this on to my Bff who was having similar problems, and she too hasn't had any more problems with BV!! If only I new about this sooner, it would have saved me a lot of suffering and embarassment! Hope this helps ladies!
A Probiotic
Try summers eve body wash they sell it at Walmart n it's cheap too I used to have the same problem until a friend recommended it to me and it works the foul smell goes away. It won't irritate ur skin and u will feel fresh again
For a persistant odor, I'd talk to your ob/gyn.  The probiotic is worth a try as well. BV also is most efficiently irradicated if your male partner also takes the medication.  goodluck
Thats all I do but I actually have one that is plain water and the other is a new douche, so I just use half douche liquid and 1/2 h2O and that does It. Or u could just do half and half u can spill out 1/2 of a new bottle and fill the rest with water
What is this exactly and where can i get it? Im so tired of dealing with bv.
I have a problem, whenever my boyfriend cums in me it smells even if i do go straight to the toilet and 'push it out' nothings working, its a real bad fishy smell, im so embarrised and get really paranoid that i now wear a pad every day and all the time, my bf is fine with this and dont say nothing but wish i was normal like everybody else and didnt have to wear pads all the time, if i dont wear one it smells through my clothes which is discusting, i really really need help! I spoke to my doctor and all she basically said was that its like my bfs *** doesnt get along with mine, how can that work, willing to try anything to stop this im going to try the yoghurt method but need it to stop happening:( its really getting to me now!
Try the yogurt method and also this is a new one. Mostly afer my period I will pour a cap full of clorax in my bath water.  It won't hurt you or burn, it will for sure kill any bacteria floating around too.
i am having the same issue. some say dush some say that u never should
Women please pride your Virginia.....are  you stating you are willing to walk around smelling rotten for the sake of keeping this lover around...oh geese. If you get user to a foul smell thinking it's normal then when something does happen trichinosis or another std you might not have insight to get checked out. As the other person stated the Dr. doesn't the chemistry mix then that is your body rejecting him..big hint. There is no man worth you having to walk around worth a smelly vagina. If you let this mans penis dominate your body and make you conform to unnatural odor then it's time to reevaluate your sexual well being.