smelly vigina(vagina).....is this normal?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

i have been like this for as long as i no, i go in the bath or shower clean myself, within 2 hours i smell downstairs, how can i help this, its really horrible to because ill go in the shower be4 i go to my boyfriends an we'll have a play n i smell as if i havent washed, please help me
Well there are vaginal washes that you can use and also feminine powders. Is it just the outside or the inside? If the smell is coming from the outside you can use simple home remedies such as bathing with dettol or a lime on your wash cloth. If it is coming from the inside then you can try to douche. If that doesn't work it may be a serious infection.
Hope you can rectify your problem soon, good luck!!!!!!!!
Hi Shanti, have you been to the doctors?  Sounds like you may have an infection, get yourself down to the doctor as its not normal?
its coming from the outside. do this dettol really work. does it pratect u just for a couple of hours or what?
thank you btw
Feminine washes/sprays/deodorants, yuck. We all have a scent, and it's not supposed to be roses, lol. But if the smell is unpleasant, see your doctor. As another poster noted, you probably have an infection.

Which brings me to my other point - NEVER douche. I can't say this strongly enough. Not only is that more likely to trigger an infection by upsetting the balance of bacteria in your vagina, but you could force any infection you might have deeper, leading to PID.
I agree w/ monkeyflower.  Douching can actually cause infections, not help with odor.  
You need to see a doc, b/c abnormal odor (fishy smell, with or without odd discharge) is a sign of infection.  And some bacterial infections don't even have symptoms.  
Find a doc, and see if there's something you can treat.
Also, overly washing, even with regular soap can cause you to get an infection.  I know that doesn't make sense, but there are normal levels of bacteria that live in the vagina all the time, and if you wash too much, it disrupts this natural balance.
Just see a doc.
Well I have a couple people who I spoke to in regards to the dettol and my mother was the first to tell me about it. You can actually bathe with the dettol first and then bathe with ordinary soap or vice versa. I used it when I used to play sports to keep the sweaty smell off of me. It worked and surprisingly like for 8hrs. I mean every body is different but this definately worked for me. But please dilute it it is really strong.
My GYN told me about douching with banking soda and water.  Make sure the water has been boiled.  He explains while douching with abrasive cleaners like vinegar and such may upset your vagina natural ability to produce good bacteria fighting enzymes, banking soda is a solvent detergent which means it can be pumped through your veins, its non toxic. It really works.  My GYN called me "a juicy girl".  By that he meant I produce alot of fluid which causes odor and bacteria.  I tell you this b/c since I have been douching with the banking soda; I have not had problems with odor.  I can douche with it everyday or every week, and I have not had problems with infections that I had when I douched with vinegar and water.  People once used banking powder as deodorant and in the creases of the skin, some still do.
Do you have a lot of discharge because i feel like I always do its gross it feel like i get my period when its actually just a load of discharge?? is this normal???
I was told by my doctor that wiping from the front to the back can make a difference!  I tried it and a lot of my odor went away.  Don't know if that helps, but try to always wipe from your vagina towards your rectum if you don't already.
i SOMETIMES GET THE MOST OFFENSIVE SMELL, IT REMINDS ME OF  A SULPHUR TYPE SMELL, SOMETIMES ITS A VERY ROTTEN SMELL. I WENT TO THE DR AND FOUND I HAD A BACTERIAL INFECTION, IT WENT AWAY WITH MEDICATION.IS YOUR ALWAYS PRESENT OR DOES IT COME AND GO? DOES YOUR BOYFRIEND NOTICE IT?
it's normal...a few years ago, i had the same problem...i started using Summer's Eve Fem. wash down there during my showers and then I used the Summer's Eve lotion after my shower...ever since then, I haven't had ANY issues...so yeah...but if it's coming from the inside, then I would suggest seeing a doc...might be an infection that can more than likely get cleared up with some medication. Good luck! :)
i am having a fishy smell and its really bad sometimes i have been with my boyfriend for about a year now and he can smell it too when we are having sex but i dont have any discharge or ichieness what is wrong?
yeah I know exactly what your all saying about fishy smells, discharging..rotten oders I got it all.. everytime I went in to get a papsmear they give me results stating that I am ok.. no problem..but why do I smell horrible? its imbarrassing to walk around and you know you own smell either rotten or fresh..if it stinks that bad and u still smell it when ur standing up..thats sad! I'm still tryna find answers why the dirty oder still remains no matter if I ******...i'd wash up like 3 times a day..then I fully shower my whole body like 3 times a week. I don't smell its my kitty cat "*****" that gets the oder.
Maybe you have the bacteria vaginosis.  Its an infection that causes for a women to smell fishy and have discharge. Tell your doc to check you for that.  Goodluck
I was trying to go D**N on my g/f last night but the smell around her vigina (vagina) is really really strong and i just couldn't do anything.   I don't want to tell her because i don't know her well and we've been in relationship for 2 weeks so far.   Is there any way to prevent it....??   or should be talknig to her about it....?
I've had bacterial vaginosis twice this year.  The doctor gave me medication.  I noticed it helps when I use cotton underwear.   Howver, I  sometimes feel the strong smell coming from the inside.  Also my skin there itches and looks not smooth.  I am not sexually active at the time
I have an odor that smells like B.O. I get it pretty often, not all the time. I have gotten it ever since i was 13. It's so embarrassing. I hate to go to the bathroom where i know someone else is going to go in behind me. I don't want them to smell it. I have never heard of a B.O. odor coming from down there before. Have any of you? What is it and what do you do about it? I take a shower everyday and sometimes when i come home that evening I'll smell like it. Sometimes it is very strong and other times it's not. The smell is usually just in my panties. Please help!
i have some like horrible dischrge on my pants and sometimes smells horrible i dont want to go 2 the doctors because i am embarrased could you help me and tell me what it mite be please? x
my viginal area gets sweaty realy fast & i get smelly discharge. could you let me know what this could be caused by..this is something that has just started recently. And my armpits get sweaty & smelly few hours after coming out the shower aswell. please tell me what the problem could be!
thanks
thanks
It's sad that because of some guys running around saying that girl's vaginas smell like fish etc, a lot of us get paranoid into thinking that our vaginas smell like this or have some other offensive odor. Vaginas have offensive odors when they are infected by bacteria or fungus.

Having these thoughts that a your healthy genitals smell causes alot of you to start "scrubbing"away until you've upset the normal balance inside your vagina - I really hope NO ONE washes inside their vagina with soap! All vaginas have a smell, a musty sort of smell, this is normal. It isn't suppose to smell like perfume, talc, lotion, strawberries, chocolate, whatever.

Just regular hygiene is all that is needed (that is only wash the exterior - no one needs to d o u c h e), use a ph balanced body wash rather than soap and use a panty liner and change it through the day as necessary to catch your cycle mucus. The amount of mucus changes throughout your menstrual cycle, being more profuse during ovulation (mid cycle). So if you do have an abnormal odor go and get it seen to by a doctor and then stop causing this vicious cycle by over cleaning and spraying perfumes down there. Seriously, what guy wants a mouth full of perfume when he does the deed.

Men's penises have a smell too and can really be offensive if they don't bathe, especially if uncircumcised!

PS make sure you drink enough fluid during the day or your urine can become concentrated and really smell bad too, which can leave an odor after going to the toilet.
......this all makes sense...on not douching and stuff and using specific cleanser's , i have had these problems (fishy smell, discharge but no itching), i have been to a doctor and they said i have nothing....what causes it?? what does bacterial viagnosis do to you? is it gonna cause problems when im older.....i dont like taking  prescribed medication because of the side effects.....is there any home remedies that we could all try?? i have been in a relationship for five years im 18 and it htis started when i was 17, it puts me down and it kind of gets embarassing......my partener understands but its such a turn off......how can i get rid of this ..its stressful!! what kind of ingredients can i look for in a specific soap or body wash that will help this problem......is doucheing with water a bad idea?? anyone fill me in :)
Everyone talks about a "fishy" vagina odor. what causes my vagina to smell like a "cat". sually after a workout or if I've been sweating. This is a "new" smell to me. I am 40 years old, ran track all my life, but This is a new smell. Any explanations/
I am so glad I came on here. I am going through so much with my self it's drive'n me crazy. I have a "fishy" and "musty" oder one day it's good and normal next day it's back. I started get'n like this after my number 2 child was born.. like about a couple of months later.. in 2001.. Sheesh 8 years it comes and goes. But now it's here and it just won't go away!! I don't itch but the discharge is killing me I have to use about 4 to 6 panty liners a day that's two each time. I also wear only cotton panties. Discharges comes clear like water, then thick and white, then yellow and at times red. I have been to three DoCz and they all tell me nothing is wrong. Had Three PaPz and every thing is normal. How normal can it be when I can smell myself. My husband and I can't smell it when we are have'n sex but man after a few hours after sex I can. No itches, no burning, no pains just smelly hows that for a life with the "kItTy KaT". I'm going to see the DoC again on Monday and this time I'ma ask for some kind of pills to kill any infection I might have..

Thank you all for share'n I really thought I was the only one out there with this problem. God bless and Wishing you all Luck for a cure or treatment.

I have bacteria infetion and I  whent to the doc. He give me some kind of medication, was not really helped. I do shave the my hair overthere all the time.
Becauese i still have white discharge and smell , i wonder if that couse
my boil, wich I just got it very first time in my life. So painfull.
I am so ambarresed.  Can shaving plus the disharge couse boil?
It is like double trouble!  Help me! By the way  i read a lot of good idea of
healing boil at home on internet. It is working. But i am so affraid , that is can happen again, if any other time in my life going to have a bacteria, with discharge and I will shave can the boil happen again?
If you had this smell ever since you could remeber and don't have any of the given syptoms (symptoms) of the above. Do you wear Panti liners? if so try changing the brand or if they are deoderant wear nondeoderant sometimes the deoderant scented ones are the cause of the smell. But if that is not it then use woolite for your undergarments.And if that is not it my husband said that he had a encounter with smelling a female down there and he said it was because she had weight in her inner thighs and no air circulation, because her inner thighs rubbed.. What do you think?
I've been diagnosed with bacterial infections i had it now for five years on and off everytime i go to the doctor thats what i have so i get medication and it goes away for about two weeks and then it comes back i smell fishy rotten lots of thick mucus greyish come out i have to wear pantyliners at all times i even sometimes put a tampax so the mucus dont come out cuz that where the smell comes from a few months ago i was diagnosed with cancerous cells so i had a hysterectomy and now its been one month and i still have the infection the smell and mucus i really dont know what to do i went to see a natural path and she told me it had to do whith my hormones and everytime you take antiobotics you kill your good bacterie down there and she is saying that i dont have good bacteries left so now i have to take acidophillus for one month and i have to go back and see her i still have the infection today its two months now im very frustrated with these problems i hope it will all go away soon hopefully the natural path will help me cuz the doctor cant he always precribe medication and it always come back if anyone was cured please let me know what u did thank you and now i have other problems lots of cramping in the stomach and also in the rectum i dont know if its related but all your bacteries are living in your vagina and inestine and also in your rectum so i think its all related so ya they say acidophillus pills and also yogurt to try to get your good bacteries to come back something like that
I am only 14 and I havent started my period
but like 3 days ago I noticed like 3 or 4 cuts
in my vigina (vagina) they hurt and sometimes bleed
can ya'll please help me
I can't go to a doctor b/c I don't want to tell
my parents about it.
i randomly came across this  site... i didnt really realise home many ppl get commen infections

i jus recently came of antis for a nasty cold i have and have had for nearly a month. i havent had sex for a bit over 2 weeks. a few days ago proberly week ago i randomly started having a itch. commonly its known women on antis can easily have a yeast infection so i went down to chem and purhcased a antifungal cream. the itching does go away but is sometimes slightly still there. just the be safe ive been eating alot of youghut , drinking cranberr juice and doing vinigar rinses when i have a shower.. i have a shower twice and day and wear cotton underwear. i know i dont have a STI coz ive only had unprotected sex with one person and thats my current boyfriend and ive been with him for a year so surely if he had a STI or STD i would have recieved it long before now.

the only issue is i have just gotten my period and was using a tampon, and i had just read its not advisable to use tapoms, use pads. i had a shower today and had a uncomfortable buring feel and now when i walk  i get a light buring feeling. i am now only using pads.

am i do all the right things?

im not keen on going to the docs and go on medication considering that medical is what started off. and im still not even better from my cold. i dont have a smell and it doesnt seem much discharge is commin out. it seems its jus of the out side. its a bit red no bumps that i can detect.

if anyone can suggest anything else i can do
how much baking soda and water should you use together i have a fishy smell but it comes and goes
Mine smells to sometimes,... but just when i am sitting down its not that strong but i wonder if other people can smell it to what can i do !?
what is douching
When im on my period i expect myself to have that normal odor of bl***. but what does it mean if im not on my period and i can constantly "smell" myself as if i were on my period. It is a really offensive odor and not normal for my vigina (vagina) to smell this way all the time. Is there anything i can do?
well im 28 years old and for the first time in my life i smell the inside of my vagina this has been goin on for about two months. I thought i was the only one that notice until my girlfriend and I was in a heated debate an in a tangent she bluted out how she dont never wanna give me oral sex because my irgina smells fishy i was shocked so now we havent had sex for over a month and ive tried everything for this smell spray perfume norforms which i hate ****** store brought as well as homeade with vinegar of course it goes away for two maybe three days then its back again im scared im doin some irrevirsible damage and i dont have no health coverage for the doctor please help me what should i do        
                                        sincerely reaccuring smells
So I have an oddor. I can smell it. It smells like dirty sex.
I wash myself very well but it still comes back. I would be tottaly
up to going to the doctor. But I was recently sexualy abused by three
diffrent males and now I don`t like people touching me.
What doctors exactly do when your getting checked out for infections in the vigina (vagina)?
Please Help !!!!!!!!!*
Why cant you tell your parents? Parents are there to help you? Do you know what the cuts are from?

Nikole- look it up and don't do it, it only causes more problems.
If you are having an odor and you were abused by three different men you NEED to go to the doctor. Have you ever had a pap smear? It will be the same thing. The doctor inserts a tool into your vagina so she can see your cervix, then just takes a long cotton swab and brushes it inside your vagina. It will only take a minute or two and really doesn't hurt, maybe just for a second.
Request a female doctor if that will make you feel better.

I hope you reported this sexual abuse.
i have had this smell for as long as i can tell. the thing is nobody is saying anything about the cause of this infection. i really want to know coz today was horrible i was making out with my boyfreind when he sudenly got turned off coz he couldent stand the smell from my vagina, i felt like the earth was goin to swallow me up. please help if you can coz from researches that i made i heard it could lead to pregnancy issues, which means big trouble.... pls help......................................
GIRLS!!! Be carefull of these posts, as many of you are speculating on the right thing to do.
Im a nurse, not saying i know everything, but if you have ANY concerns, go to your doctor, get a Pap Smear if your sexually active, get an STI check, and make sure they take vaginal swobs to see if there are any abnormalities.  Some symptoms may be as simple as thrush- caused by an increased in yeasty products in the system, i.e. beer and bread... or may be a serous infection i.e if your discharge is green, bubbly etc!!
It is normal to have a little amount of whitish discharge throughout your menstral cycle, you will also notice it will go clear as well- good time to get pregnate during this time.  Changes in your hormones also changes things. Your vagina cleans its self through this mucus production, therefore it is important not to douch, because you are washing out all the good bacteria in your vagina, which has been mentioned- could cause an infection- douching is also addictive!! because it takes a while for all your vaginas bacteria to return to normal.  
Instead of trying to resolve your symptoms, look at the cause- that is why your doctor will take a swob of inside your vagina to see under a microscope what will be grown-
For those that dont know what the doctor will do, they will put a smooth speculum into your vagina to open up the passage way to say, your cervix, it doesnt hurt, especially if you had sex already
There is no point being embarrassed about seeing a doctor.  It is tottally confidential, they have seen too many vagina to even remember- they should be non-judgement (there still human) but if you find a doctor you can talk to on your level (i.e same sex doctors) then stick too them
Hope this helps
i have the same problems. my paps are normal. i can't go a whole day w/out a shower/bath. if i do go longer than a day, the discharge irritates the outer vagina. the smell is similar to a light sewage smell. the color is a thick pearly white. i smell it through my jeans and it doesn't smell as bad when i smell my underwear. i think not washing inside the vigina (vagina) with soap helps and not douching. douching upset the p.h. balance. it doesn't smell bad in the middle of sex, unless i haven't bathed. eat alot of yogourt and stop eating alot of sugar. that upsets the va-jay-jay. umm....if it smell like fish in the middle of sex, it may be clamidiha. trust me, i had it ounce before.
I wouldn't say I have a fishy smell .It's more like a strong body odor. I have ask my husband if he can smell it when he is just standing next to me but he says it's only when we have sex. I don't have a discharge or itchy feeling. It's completely embarrassing and I don't know how to get rid of it.Please HELP!!!!
im so glad i got on here, because i thought i was the only one!  I hate how much discharge i have everyday of my life!!! i mean ive found some helpful tips on here about like other odors but the discharge is so embarrasing and its the thing that starts to stink after a while.  and on top of that i get sweaty too!! but like i know i dont have an infection because ive been this way since i was like 12.  and i dont want to go to the doctor just to ask him about the discharge, because i haven't even had sex yet.  but i dont want to wear stinkin pantie liners everyday for the rest of my life!!!...im so irritated an at a loss of what to do.  
I HATE BV!!  When I first got it I assumed it was the worst thing possible (HIV)  ad it gave me such horrible anxiety.  The smell just completely grossed me out and I just took it to the extreme.  I NEVER knew how common it was.  I never knew about it, I feel good talking to and reading everyones posts.  its good we are all in this together.  BV gave me some anxiety that i still have today, but the little things can have big affects.  Its crazy.  I did it to myself, I am on meds and seeking therapy.  

But I am here to help if anyone needs to talk!  as I go to college for psychology.
Mine smells really bad. It's like disguisting. IT WON'T STOP LEAKING. And it's kinda clear whithish color. Glad I'm not the only one. I DON'T WANT AN INFECTION!! Help me. . .
sounds like you got a yeast infection girl, go get some vagasil or monostat, also wouldnt be a bad idea if youve been sexually active, to go to the nearst clinic and get tested for STD's ... hope this helps... White Witch8
Hi I have this ugly smell 2...I'm a virgin ...so i'm sure it's not an STD and I won't stop leaking clear whitish gooey  thingy...which is disgusting ....I always had it and thought it was normal until today my sister told me I smell :(:(:(:(
my child is now one year old after having her i thought it would take some time for things to settle back down i had a coil inserted 3months after having her. periods have stopted and things are smelly i can smell it by tea time every day i shower or bath every day this still happens i cant wear i pair of trouses for more that a day! i feel so ashamed i wont have intercourse its now been 13 months my partener is goin insaine! before i had my child things were fine there and docs havent picked up on anything after birth and on checks down there. help what is wrong?
I have had this problem with a vaginal discharge off and on for the last three years. I have no idea why this is happeneing, I only wish it wasn't to me! As you all know, it's embarassing and makes you feel insecure about getting down in  the sheets with your guy. Personally myself, I am a very sexual and outgoing person..but this has totally shut me up. It's hurting my relatioship. I was thinking of doing the baking soda and boiled water ******..but I have heard they are just really bad to do. I just wish it would stop! The only thing I can think of, after I have my regular appts with my OBGYN and everything comes back "Fine" is that somehow it's just the mix of myself with my guy. I have been in other long relationship with other guys since this has happened, and there was absolutley no smell! EVER! Maybe it's just a sign that we do not belong together after all...crazy to think but why was I fine and dandy down there with other guys??
A gyn once told me to use a natural soap like Ivory (not the new perfumed one, the baby kind) for cleansing the vagina because perfumed soaps can cause yeast infections and other irritations, which can make us a little too fragrant. He also said that we shouldn't really be cleaning the inside with soap. Ivory is best for me.  (We all stink!  LOL).
I had BV before.. I'd always have it when I have sex.  I've BV 3 or 4 times already.  My gyne told me that this is caused by an abnormality/change in the pH level of my vagina.  The penis has a diff pH level because it just hangs outside.  The vagina is different because it's more delicate/sensitive.  She gave me flagyl.  

However, it's normal to have bad odour coming from the vagina right after intercourse.  Remember, when we do the deed.  It's like the fluids are mixed, and this results to that smell.  Also when the vagina is recovering from a cut right after sex, you'd also notice the smell there.  It doesn't have a very strong smell...just light fishy-like smell.  If it becomes really bad after a week or so, SEE A DOCTOR.  It is not enough to tell people about it and listen to advice.

It feels so good that I wasn't the only one suffering from it.  I also got depressed and frustrated when i was going thru that.  It was terrible.
Okay, for starters i want to say that i certainly felt insecure and alone until yesterday when i stumbled upon this site. I have read allot of posts by people and i honestly feel like i have it the worst! everywhere i go I hear comments like, "what is that smell!?"   This is so embarassing but Im 17 and no one wants to sit beside me in class. At first i thought i was compley paranoid and there was nothing wrong with me. This is because of comso magazine that told me that no one else could smell the odour that came from my vagina but god were they wrong! I cant even begin to explain the comments people have made to me on purpose and unknowingly but they're truley aweful. My boyfriend doesnt mention it but i know he can smell it. He knows how insecure i am already.  I'm so glad i decided to read all of these posts because i thought that if i cleaned more it would help but it DEFINATLY doesnt.  I was at a small party last weekend with all people i knew well and i went in the hot tub. I didnt notice but everyone in the room was making terrible comments to eachother abut my ocour thinking i was cluless. Im curious if being in the hottub irritated me and caused the odour?  

It was such a traumtizing experience that i had a mental breakdown a few days ago. I have been pulled out of school on mental leave by my parents until i see a doctor  in a few days. They dont know the real reason behind it but i plan on telling my doctor. Its a horrible feeling thinking that there is something wrong with you and your totally alone in it but i geuss Im not huh?

I would have gone to the doctor about the smell earlier but i have never been looked at and im VERY inecure about how i look down there.
I am almost 60 years old and still sexually active.When I was young, my mother taught me to be conscious of this problem and to stay clean. I never had one comment from any man or anyone else that I had an odor. I had the opposite.....Men would tell me that I had NO ordor or that I smelled wonderful.  After my first divorce, I was VERY sexually active. I married as a virgin and my husband gave me CHLAMYDIA AFTER HE HAD BEEN HAVING SEX WITH OTHER WOMEN.  I began having a yellow heavy discharge and noticed the odor myself, even  with clothes on. This was like a dead animal odor.  It didn't take me but a few days until I knew something was wrong. I went to see a gynocologist and was diagnosed with CHLAMYDIA. If you have an odor like this and wash every day; something is wrong physically. By the way, this disease also caused me to be unable to get pregnant.

I also used to have a lot of yeast infections. Because I washed every day, it was not an offensive odor; but, it could have been. Wearing pantyhose and somehow throwing off the natural balance of yeast can cause this......Illness, douches, antibiotics, etc.

If you have a fishy odor, be conscious of whether you have had sex with a man the day, night, or morning before. Semen left in the vagina will cause a fishy odor after awhile. I once used the sponge for birth control and found that it made it even worse..
I also know that men who have not been circumcised can have about the same kind of odor that women have.  Women only have "offensive" odors if they have an infection, disease, or, just does not stay clean. Other than that, we have a natural odor just as men have on their testicles.  Many men like this natural clean smell.

THINGS TO DO:
Wash with a mild soap every day and dry off well....A hair dryer helps.
Wear clean underwear every day and do not wipe from back to front.
If you are not trying to get pregnant, get up after sex and sit on the commode to get the semen out.
Try to stay healthy and conscious of your cleanliness and you should not have an offensive odor.
i need help . i have a strong discharge after sitting for a long time . its been happening for about a year . but only ever so ofter prolly like 6 times this past year . my pee is strong all the time . the discharge smells like a real strong chemical smell and goes away after i  bath , but its so strong that other people can smell it while standing beside me
mine smells bad too. sumtyms it smells like a fish but sometimes it smells like "cracklings" [crackers w/c are sour due to vinegar]
i'm still a virgin that's why i know it's not std.

please help me.. i'm so conscious once i'm walking on a crowded area and people and are sitting and they are close to my..u know.. can they smell it???:((
Hey im 18 years old right, and i havent had sex in almost two weeks, I got checked up n i dont have gonnehera or chalamydia and it was negative and so was the pregnancy test,but i had a bacteria infection. They gave me something for it n for the other two i mention just for save keeping. Then for the last two days i have got a light yellow discharge with an odor  and my period is due like in 5 days, should i worry ?
I do not think this is anything you need to worry about! Although if it does continue to get worse then you should of course go see the doC!! Good luck ;)
am so happy i found dis site,my discharge is normal and does not itch but it smells,i ve been having dis problem since i started having children and i dont knw d cause,my husband complians abt d odour especially during sexual intercourse,i but i ve been using soap to wash my vagina and i dont think dat helps,maybe i should stop and go ahead to see a doctor...xoxo
Dam the answer is so simple I just had to tell it here.
I have had 3 girlfriends with smelly *****. And all 3 I cured with baking soda..
Simple. Your ph is off so get you ph right.. About 7.5 to 7.8
Eat baking soda until your ph goes up to 7.5 and keep it there.  Thank you thank you thank you.. Donations at ***@****

More? ok take two teaspoons of baking soda a day with 8 glasses of water,, not 5 or 6.. 8.. yes you have to pee more .. Tough it out...

Yes the baking soda used to clean toilets.  Eat it.. It will rise your ph..

More? So how to test your ph.. Buy a ph tester from an enzyme company.

O by the way.. Baking soda also cures Gout, acid reflux, stomach ulcers, bladder infections etc etc etc..

So just do it.

And to all you legal drug dealers (doctors) selling drugs to people for profit, knowing that the real solution is a cook book away,, **** you!!!

Oh and get this last one.. Cancer cells die in a body with a ph of  7.6 or higher.
So eat your baking soda and lets bankrupt the cancer therapy clinics.

And yes do all the other stuff of eating right and taking good bacteria (primadophilus reuteri) and I would even suggest a holistic doctor.. but please stay away from main stream doctors and drugs.

Ok lets see how long this post stays up.. Since the Pharmaceutical companies own everything I will probably be getting a visit from a hit man for posting this.  So bring it on Pfizer I am not afraid of you..!!!!!

ARM & HAMMER® Baking Soda™ not Animal, not Vegetable, but Mineral!
Baking Soda, alias sodium bicarbonate, is a naturally occurring substance that is found in all living things, where it helps regulate their pH balance. ARM & HAMMER® Baking Soda is made from soda ash, also known as sodium carbonate. To make ARM & HAMMER® Baking Soda, the soda ash is mined in the form of an ore called trona. The soda ash is then dissolved into a solution through which carbon dioxide is bubbled and sodium bicarbonate precipitates out, forming "Pure, Safe and Natural"
ARM & HAMMER® Baking Soda. You remember that from chemistry class, don't you?
BACK TO TOP
What is the deal with ARM & HAMMER® Baking Soda and pH?
As we mentioned, baking soda helps regulate pH—keeping a substance (*****)  neither too acidic (sour tasting), nor too alkaline. Think of pH as a see-saw, with acidic pH tilting one way, alkaline pH tilting the other way, and neutral pH when the see-saw is level. When ARM & HAMMER® Baking Soda comes in contact with either an acidic or an alkaline substance, it's natural effect is to neutralize that extreme pH - tilting the see- saw back toward level. And beyond that, baking soda has the capability to resist further changes in the pH balance - keep the see-saw level--this is called buffering.

So what's the big deal? Well for us, this neutralizing and buffering capability is the science behind how our
ARM & HAMMER® Baking Soda is so effective for so many uses. Whether it's neutralizing acidic (sour tasting) smells in your refrigerator to keep milk from tasting like last nights dinner, or maintaining a neutral pH in your laundry water so your detergent can work best, or stabilizing your pool water pH to keep it clear, it's this science that explains how
ARM & HAMMER® Baking Soda can do it all! Learn about these and other uses for ARM & HAMMER® Baking Soda as you Visit Our Neighborhood.
I am almost 63 years old and I have had a lot of vaginal problems most of my life.  I do know that the fishy smell is a bacterial vaginosis and has to be treated by a physician.
VIP:  Also, when I eat shrimp or fish, my urine and vagina will smell like fish for a few days.  I must drink a lot of water to get rid of the smell.  You are what you eat, as they say.
I went crazy with persistent burning in my vagina and "yeast" infections for many years.  I was sent to the University of Miami GYN department and one doctor finally found the reason and the treatment. He said I had no defensive bacteria left in my vagina and he prescribed a prescription called Acid Jel or Acetic vaginal Jel (most doctors do not know about this medication) and also to continue using Estrace vaginal cream (I went through early menopause and it has helped me tremendously-it is for menopausal women and you need a prescription).  I alternated these every other day.  One day Acid Jel, the next day Estrace cream. This treatment helped me tremendously and I do not suffer from vaginal infections any longer.
Also I suggest washing before and after sex and make sure your partner is clean.  Drink lots of water and beware of eating fermented/acidic foods such as tomatoes, YOGURT, pineapples, cranberry juice, mustard, eggplant, as they can cause vaginal burning and upset the ph balance in certain women and cause excessive urination and pain in the bladder.
Another suggestion, after your shower, use a hairdryer to dry your pubic area on the outside only instead of a towel.  Stay away from soap to clean your vaginal area.  The ph balance gets upset very easily.  Treat it like a sensitive baby.  I hope I have helped someone out there.  Let me know
***@****
wow!!! it is nice to know that i m not alone.I started to have this fishy smell for 2 months now it comes and goes  i saw my doctor 2 times all they found was bad kidney infection so i got meds for it for 2 weeks went back everything was ok no more infection but i still have some itching sometimes i told my dr he didn't think it was anything.How can everything be ok if i still have the smell sometimes i had a pap and urine test and everything is ok.I M soooo confused my sweet husband tells me its not bad but i smell it some times when i get up.And its making me not enjoy sex im very tired of this.Help please is the baking powder good or bad? i would try anything.And on top of it we are tying to get pregnant.And with the 2 baby's i got pregnant fast  but this time its not that easy.Well i had the iud taking out 3 months ago maybe that is the problem my dr said i can get pregnant next day lol but i guess its not happening.I m a very clean person front to back changing my panties 2 time a day.I just don't know what ales to do my poor hubby is in for it lol i cant have the light on when we make love and i always ask him if there is anything on him.Not to romantic   this is a big change in are sex life.I got to do something i miss what i had!!!    
Hy Shanti,  Just do not bother. The smell you are refering is just normal. In fact when man puts his mouth there and liks it , that smell gives him great satisfaction and kick to go ahead. I think it is ment to exite men to have more . forceful sex. Ask your man. I think he will tell you that he likes to suck your vagina, only because of that smell. Good luck.
okay so im only 13 and im still a virgin ive started my period at a rly early age about 8 or 9 and ive been smelling this smell on me n i kno its me but its not a very good smell i dnt kno how to explain it i dnt kno if im the only one who smells it either im just wondering wat cud i do to stop this smell n i always have discharge wether im on my period or not its everyday wat can i do without going to the docs or tlking to my mom bcuz she just not someone i tell things to plzz help me
before my period its like I'm pi on myself it's leeking and after my period there is a watery stuff come out my vagina it's very smelly is it the ferroid help please?
hi guys hope yo can help i have been with my partner for  2 years now and from day one she has had a god awful fishy smell its getting to the stage where i cant bare to go near her, how do i tell my partner??? as  fear i cant go in anymore and she has sarted to notice i dnt go near here? advise would be great
Where can I get Dettol from. What store sells it? Would it be at a drug store or grocery store such as wal-mart or walgreens?
I found it on Amazon and also online at Hygo Ltd, a company that sells cleaning supply products.  I didn't find any stores that actually carry it, if somebody does, let me know.
Is there Douches wit baking soda already r can u buy the douch with out the liquid
I have a weak bladder and I leak a bit from time to time, could this be causing the fishy smell I get hours after taking a shower?
well i am 17 and i am sexually active and my boyfriend has been fingering me instead of sticking his penis in my vigina (vagina) and all of sudden this smell comes like after the third time the sme is not fishy though.....it doesnt itch or anything but i have been having discharges....so do anyone no wat should i do?
I can tell u girls what the problem is...well maybe for half of you anyways....if ur sexually active and NOT using protection (meaning u let ur partner *** inside of you) BINGO! Sperm, if anyone has noticed, has a somewhat strong funny smell and if hes unloading in u that sperm can leak out of u for the following 4-6 days little by little causing that "ew" smell for women! So my suggestion is that if ur not trying to get pregnant...dont let that load build up inside u. Thats the number one cause for the stinch. That was the problem for me anyways....hope that was helpful!
I have a smell that doesn't go away even after showering I thought I may have a yeast infection and tried some over the counter treatment. This however isn't working so I must not have a yeast infection. Most people are writing about infections and I was wondering if having unprotected sex on a regular basis (3-4 times a week) could cause a fishy odor down there. I have been with my boyfrien for like 6 years and after having a kid I got on birthcontrol. When we have sex it's unprotected and he does finish inside of me. I heard that sperm can stay in the vigina (vagina) for up to 3 days if that is true then can't that be stankin. Doesn't it go rotten or sour and if it's in there then won't you smell. I don't really know but I don't stop having sex to test my theory. Please let me know what you think.
Hi. Um...wow this is embarrassing...I'm 10(i know weird),and I have normal discharge (I learned about my you-know-what early),and I was watching The Dr.s this morning and it talked about a lady with a stinky VJ and a lot of discharge and itchiness and stuff. I told my mom how sometimes I burn a little bit when I pee,and how I itch sometimes,but I can't tell her that I smell weird in my VJ. Two questions. How do I tell her? and what's wrong with me? I know it might be a yeast infection,or just a urinary tract infection. And since i told her she got Cranberry Juice for me and I don't burn anymore,and I haven't itched since I washed down there(I didn't know I was supposed to...). But I still smell! Is it normal? It smells like a mix of sweat and a tiny bit like fish. What the heck is up? and I really don't want a doctor poking around (ew,my thingy,stay away.)
What's the best soap to use??? Nd how do you do the backing soda mythic do yuu use the actually douche bottle or something else? Nd wen I shower I stick my finger inside nd clean that way is that good?
WOWWWW this post is still goin hahaha.. I had a real smelly vagina and I simply used baking soda to fix this .. I bathed in it every night after having a shower.. Oh an before you ask for instructions an what you need its simple.. Hot water an BAKING SODA.. You dont have to soak your whole body just as long as your kitty is covered your good.. Soak as long as you possibly can.. Make sure you dry your kitty always good to have a hair dryer thats the best way to dry her.. Always wipe from front to back.. Also you could try soaking in Epsom salts.. That works as well an a bonus after all this stressing about her your body needs a treat.. I did the salts once a week.. Never douche thats crazy talk right there poor kitty.. No wonder she hates you lol.. I also mixed up some baking soda with water an drunk it.. A tad bit extreme but cmon now you really cant just fix the outside.. The problem will just keep occuring if you dont think about your insides hence this is where it all begins.. So tough it out laydeez an drink the dayum thing.. Drink plenty of water an pee as much.. Dayum if we can have baybeez im sure we can all skull a few glasses of baking soda.. 2 tsps of Baking soda an a glass of water an tap that glass laydeez.. Hope this helps ya coz it sure did work for me =D
i hav been suffering with a smelly vagina for years now. i wear panty liners but the smell comes onto my pantys and pants.i smell at work everyday and sometimes people pass bad comments. im very neat and tidy and i bath every single day. my boyfriend buys me expensive perfumes. i spray my panty and work pants with spray and leave it to dry.when i sit for too long i smell worse. when its hot i smell even worse cos i perspire down there. ive been to doctors and he said dat i hav gardnereller and its not serious can b treated with antibiotics. boyfriend and i both treated but the smell was stil there. had a papsmear done everythinng came back negative. smell was stil there.i've used garlic and pushed up my vagina, apple cider vinegar as a rinse after bath. yoghhurt douche and bicarbonate of soda as a rinse. i also drink some every morning.i wonder if i should make a paste and apply it on the lobes of my vagina and leave it for couple of hours. i also wear cotton pantys everyday.please if anyone can help me get rid of this terribble smell i wil realy appreciate. i jus want my life back. please help. thanx.
I have an allergic reaction to some toilet paper brands. Try changing that too. Also, just because you are only with 1 person doesn't mean he didn't introduce something to your system. There are other bacteria besides the famous Clap/Chlam that are technically STIs. So, check with your doc and get meds. I also think I smelled too much but it was actually normal -come to think about it. We expect to smell like NOTHING and that's not realistic.
could u tell me what infection u had and what antibiotics u used to cure it thanku. i have same symptoms but tests are always negative
I've been experiencing an uncomfortable vaginal odor, too. Just for the past couple of months and it's really taking a toll on me. I'm embarrassed wherever I go and I don't like being intimate with my boyfriend of 2 years because I don't want him to think I'm gross.
I'm mortified to go to my doctor to get meds, but I don't know what else to do...does anyone have suggestions of something I should try over the counter?? I'll try anything at this point.

Please, please someone help me!
Please help, I am 13 and I have been having vaginal discharge that has been really smelly (sometimes fishy, sometimes sour, and sometimes just gross) for probably 1 1/2 years, ever since I started getting discharge all together. My vagina isn't painful or itchy at all and never has been and I have never had sex. The discharge is yellow when it dries and I don't think it is normal because of the smell. I shower every day and use panty liners (usally just when I'm ovulating because I get more then) and have good hygine. I really can't (really REALLY don't want to) talk to anyone about it to get medicine or go to the doctors. Is there any home remedys or anything that you could suggest? Thanks so much.
Hey ladies!

First let me say I work with exotic dancers so I am constantly in some discussion in relation to the female anatomy and it's curses and triumphs. I have researched this problem over the past 10 years and helped literally HUNDREDS of girls overcome it.

First - hygiene is the most important. A clean Vagina is a happy vagina ;) Remember not to douche or scrub or use perfumes as they only mask the problem and tend to make it worse. Clean yourself with a mix of baking soda and water and if you really feel the need to douche please use baking soda and water ONLY!!
Change tampons or pads/liners regularly as instructed by the directions when in use

Second - wear cotton panties to allow your vagina to "breathe" Yes the lace and silk ones can be super sexy, but most of the times you can find them with a cotton lining so it is adviseable to purchase them that way!

Third - If the above is not working I will give you my miracle cure.......it has worked on EVERY girl I have EVER had this discussion with. Smell is caused by an upset in the vaginal PH level and it is important to restore that level by re-introducing the good bacteria back into the vagina. The easiest way to do this is simple -
Go to the grocery store and buy a small container or PLAIN - ALL NATURAL - ORGANIC - yogurt and if you do not have any at least one tampon. Now the next part you can do one of two ways
a.) push the tampon 3/4 of the way out of the applicator, dip into the yogurt and insert directly into your vagina. leave in for several hours and remove OR
b.) remove the tampon from the applicator completely. Fill the applicator with a small amount (about 1/2 tablespoon at most) of the yogurt and insert it, or freeze in the applicator then insert (great for burning or itching relief)
The active probiotics in the yogurt help to restore your vaginal ph and this works for bacterial and yeast infections. The medications given for these conditions are only temporary fixes and the problem usually returns rather quickly because you are killing off both the good and bad bacteria.

I know this may sound crazy but it works so well I just had to share. As a woman I know how difficult even the simplist daily activities can be if you are worried about an odor and knowing your own body and how to treat it naturally is extremely important. If you have an overwhelming feeling that something is off, chances are it is.

Best of luck to you and I will check back to see how this works for you, so please be sure to re-post if you use the above advice so we can spread the word and help other women with the same condition!

Rachel
Mom of one
caretaker of hundreds
Im 17 i had the same problem for a while and i talked to my doctor and she prescribed me kelflex its a antibiodic for vagilal infections and it helps but the pill have a bad taste but it really works
ladies im also have da same prob fishy smell , smelling virgina and i had a lot of discharge bt my granny told me 2 use a blue soap nd it helpd me nw dat dat im left with the smell nd its stressing me and its emberasing when i want 2 make love with my man when i go 2 doctrs they dont see anything what can i do or get 2 get rid of this bad smell pls help me im even scared to go out or meet ppl bcz of that smell.
LISTEN TO YOUR BODY! The odor that you a smelling is a natural alert to tell you that something is wrong. If you are using a soap that is strong you will get a fishy odor...stop using the soap....I found that liquid body washes are wonderful when is comes to cleaning the outside of my vagina. Just using plain water when washing the creases of your vagina and also gently pulling back the skin covering the vulva and GENTLY wiping it with plain water on your wash cloth is properly cleaning that area ( this area is like the foreskin on an uncircumcised penis) Thats right ladies you need to clean it too!

If you are having an abnormal discharge....DUH! Listen to that too! Make a doctors appointment to be certain that there isn't any infection. You DONT have to be sexually active to get a bacteria infection. However...If you are sexually active and it seems to keep coming back...then your man will need to take the antibiotics as well. His penis could possibly be housing the very bacteria that is not in agreement with your body. This is very common in uncircumcised men.

DOUCHING defo NO NO! It will throw you Ph Balance off and strip your vagina of the good bacteria leaving it defenseless to the bad bacteria.

Wipe from front to back. Getting bile in your vagina would definitely cause big problems. Its not a bad idea to take a refreshing wash up after you have a bowel movement anyway.

Last but not least....G Strings are horrible....please do not wear them...its a male pleaser but can cause you to get a bacteria infection too! The string moves as you walk and makes it easy for the germs from your butt to access your vagina.

There you go yall!!!! lol
I know how you feel. Are you taking birth controll?
It seems that the pills can upset the normal PH levels and cause a smell. Best get to a doc.
Also the front to back thing is a winner. It sounds so simple but alot of people wipe back to from spreading bacteria from the anus to the vagina causeing infections. Good luck my sweet.
I had a foul odor for quite some time and was very concerned about it. I have been celibate for several years so I knew that it was not related to STDs. I was recently diagnosed as having a wheat intolerance and as soon as I cut wheat out of my diet the vaginal odor is gone. So basically sometimes the foods we ingest can affect the balance in our vagina. It's worth getting yourself checked out if you have food intolerances. Hope this helps!
  Okay ladies, I've had this same problem for about 6 years. I noticed it from my ex-boyfriend's uncircumcised penis(smelled like strong fish and after touching him, my hands smelled like pennies-copper). I should've had him see a doctor first, you know before sex, but I didn't want to offend him. Stupid me!

Since then, I've had this smell and discharge. I've been seeing different OBGYNs for the past 6 years to clear this up. When it started, doc said I had BV and yeast infection. I was prescribed Flagyl and Monistat. Helped at first, but my ex refused to wear a condom(even when I told him NEVER to have sex w/ me without a condom after I was treated, he purposely had sex with me while I slept and it came back with a vengeance!). Now, when I see the doc, they say I definetely have an infection, but can't determine what it is. Doesn't show up as yeast or BV...wtf?!!

Anyway, about 4 years ago, I seen 2 different docs and they prescribed me Flagyl and Doxycycline and EVERYTHING WENT AWAY! I asked the doc what I had and they both said, "just a little infection". That's it?? How am I supposed to explain this to a doc should I need this medication again? I've tried to request this combo of meds since and they just tell me that Doxyycline isn't normally used for this so they refuse, but they do give me Flagyl and Metrogel alone, but it doesn't work. Also, when I tell them that my MALE partner gave it to me, they say that men can't carry this infection, or if at all, just for a few days but it wouldn't affect me. BS! I KNOW because I smelled it on him and now my vagini is cursed! Them they tell me that I should've known better than to have unprotected sex, especially with someone who had a smell like that coming from down there. NO SHYT SHERLOCK, BUT WHAT DO I DO NOW??? :(
i was wondering is it normal 2 have clear stuff coming out of your female area and a smell to it also i have this once a month since i started my period i startes my period at 9 and i am 27 now What can i do about this problem
Trust me I had a real bad experience with this guy I liked. I took a shower and then we had sex and then I started to smell a really bad odor. I thought about it and I realized that I took a shower  without using a wash cloth. so I say try to  clean your vagina and rear with a wash cloth and then see if the results are different. I mean **** happens its life I guess we all can relate to that somehow or another.
Hello, I had a question regarding the baking soda, do you bathe in it, or do you rub it on you, how exactly do u use it, and your doctor told you that it won't cause an infection. I have had clamydia (chlamydia) before and had to retest, then with the antibiotics got rid of it because I went and retested.I feel like I have an odor and I have gone to an ob gyn and everything was negative, I was also given a urine test to detect any signs of bacterial infection or bad ph level but everything checked out. I was prescribed a medication because I complained about smell, I took it for a week but I still feel like I have an odor. I dnt understand why I would have this problem but i AM very active and also sweat a lot. Help Please!=D
Do you insert the baking soda and water inside of you and if so how do you do that? or do i just rub it on.
my vagina smells funky and it taste like straight vinegar has anyone else had this problem?
Hey I am 17. I am somewhat sexually active. The other day me and my boy were doing some foreplay. He asked me if i stunk... (he does not have good sensory smell...... I am very nervous so i asked 2 of my exes that i was somewhat sexually active. They said i had a off smell that lingers. I am very scared one of his friends are going to ask him about it. It is hard to see him and not worry. I have four classes with him. I really like him but...... what do i do? I read about baking soda, espom salt,dettol, and how a musty smell is normal. but i think i am overly musty. I do not have any discharge. i nor do i have itchyness.he did not ask me if i tasted bad but i am scared..... if i smell off does that mean i taste off to... I know these remedies are for your smell.... but dont you think it would affect your taste?
I have a curious question. I am 42 just started a relationship 3 months ago. I have slept with this guy 7-8 times.  He just asked me if I was hiding something from him, which I was clueless what he was asking.  He stated that the last few times when I *** he smells this strong odor, like fish. I have never been told this. So I tested for STDs, and all those requested testing on this situation and they were negative.  The only missing test was herpes, but I have never had blisters, itching, not even a vaginal infection..should I be worried, could this odor be a hormone imbalance or a chemical imbalance? I have not had too many sex partners been married 2x's..recently divorced and this is the first man I have been with in 2+ years...I do not know what to think ..just had a pap everything ok..please advise thanks
good day!

i really enjoyed your comments in here..well I am 34 years separated and have present boy friend.. since i was operated with permanent ligation i dont like the smell of my discharges, I just visited this site yesterday and try following some of the advice here, i stop using panty liners since last night and even im in work i diddnt use it anymore. i also stop using paper tisue for wiping after i went to toilet.but use water instead..i really enjoy what you posted and im planning to drop by to any grocery store and check baking soda..thanks to all and hope everybody well have a good smell vigina (vagina)...this is Lairab88
Bravo, good sir!!!

I can't believe you didn't get more replies. :O  Your post was articulate, informative, attention grabbing and chuckle worthy.  tldr?

Your post/thread.  You should repost! O.O

P to tha s, if you're ever single, maybe we could...

no.......

wait a minute.......

I'm....

happily...

married....

Hmmm.....--.--

Oh well, thanks for the tip! =D Hopefully I can help someone with the info some day. Also, I completely agree with you on the little money-grubbing docs in the pockets of the big, money-grubbing corps.  Wastes of oxegen as far as I'm concerned.  

Have a nice life! (Vote PhillyD for prez!) ;D
So , i had sex and like ever since that theres this white gooey creamy lookin liquid coming out of my vagina and it happens with in hours everytime iShower .. and including the smell , its very unpleasent to me !
what do iDo , and how do iMake the smell go away ? anythinng helps .. plus im to emmbarassed to tell anyone , so iNeed something for me to clean it by myself .
put a little bleach in your bathwater and that should clear it up.
Put a little bleach in your bath water less then a 4th of a cup.
Put a little bleach in your bath water.
Try putting 1/4  cup or less  bleach in your bath water.
PUT A LITTLE BLEACH IN YOUR BATH WATER.
TRY PUTTING A LITTLE BLEACH IN YOUR BATH WATER.
Wow I thought I was the only person with this problem. I douche and use the sprays as well as powders. But I don't douche all the time.
I have a question regarding having periods? I've noticed that when you're having your period it seems that the odor in my body changes too,like im having this B.O. smell. does anybody know why this happens? Even i just got from the shower in a matter of 30  mins or so i  can smell my armpits badly.why is it like that?
I'm in need of some major help. I don't know what's wrong. I went to the doctor and she says I don't have any STD's or anything. Still, it's a tad bit itchy down there, and my private area doesn't smell bad or anything but it smells different (my boyfriend admitted that to me). I'm also experience a RIDICULOUS amount of pain when I pee, because I had these red and what seems to be inflammated bumps in the inner of my vagina. It stings. I can't even urinate! This is so embarassing.
Hey girls, I just found some interesting news and I want to share it with my female community so we can all learn from it.  There may be about three reasons why a women may have a smell: (1) a yeast infection; (2) bacteria vaginosis; or (3) a STD.  I have never had a STD but I started to get a foul odor.  No matter what I did that smell would not go away.  First, I treated it as if it was a yeast infection but it seemed like I had a yeast infection every month right around my period and then it will go away afterwards.  So, i started douching and it went away for about a day or two and then would come right back.  Whenever, I went to the doctor the pap smears will come up normal and my blood work would come up fine.  So after a while, you give up hope.  you just think it is normal to get this way, right before your period.   But one day, after being celibate for 15 months, I decided I wanted to have sex.  So I met this really hotttt guy.  When he came over, I got in the shower - so I could be extra fresh and I started having sex with him when this really foul, unbearable odor started illuminating from me.  Of course, my first thought was that he was with another women prior to coming to my home and she was nasty.  So I stopped having intercourse and started smelling his and my underwear but the smell wasn't on neither.  Nevertheless, I kept smelling the bad odor.  Once I came to terms with the fact that it was me (which was extremely hard), I told him about and we discussed it.  He then told me that it was probably to due to an ph hormone imbalance.  And that I should go to a doctor because I might have bacteria vaginosis.  I did not know what it was so I googled it and I found a great site - http://www.medicinenet.com/bacterial_vaginosis/article.htm.  Here is a quick explanation: Your vagina produces good and bad bacteria.  Bacteria Vaginosis occurs when your body is producing more bad bacteria than good.  Some common causes may be from a change in sexual partners, multiple sexual partners, semen, or some antibiotics that you may have been taking.  You may have discharge with this bacteria and it is commonly mistaken to be a yeast infection, or a STD.  This is why when you get a foul odor, you must go to the doctor and check it out.  However, your doctor may not know what is wrong because he or she, is not familiar with the infection, or it just does not cross their mind.  You have to remember that doctors just practice medicine.  They do not know everything that can possibly be wrong.  So for the most part, you have to be diligent on your own and try to find out what is wrong.  Search the internet and try diagnosis yourself based on your symptoms.  I know this sounds stupid, but I went to the doctor with a list of what I thought it may be and one of the things on the list, I was diagnose with.  If you learn anything, learn this - if you have a foul odor illuminating from your body, it is not normal.  It is your body telling something is wrong.  Don't give up!  Get different opinions.  The minute you notice something is wrong, start searching for a possible diagnosis based on your symptoms, then go to your doctor, and get the right treatment.  A lot of the times, the doctor may not know what is going on or what medicine to proscribe.  So make sure you have your research on hand and ask questions!  TRUST ME this will safe you a lot of headaches and embarrassment. GOOD LUCK LADIES!
Hey sweetie:

I am so sorry you had to go through those embarrassing moments.  I know it may be uncomfortable for you but you may have to go to the doctor and get checked out.  You may have something called bacteria vaginosis - look at this site to understand better - http://www.medicinenet.com/bacterial_vaginosis/article.htm.  

Your vagina is suppose to have a certain number of good and bad bacteria cells to be healthy.  However, when you have multiple sexual partners, change sexual partners, douche or take certain antibiotics it may have a negative effect on the bacteria in your vagina.  Thus, when you smell a fishy/musty smell it is definitely not normal and you must see a doctor to find out what it is.  However, before you go to the doctor look on the internet for possible a diagnosis based on the symptoms you have because doctors are only human and they may misdiagnose you.  A misdiagnosis is bad because it can may your condition worse.  So be careful and good luck!
If you have a lot of discharge it could be a pH balance or you possibly could have a bacterial infection. I tend to get bacterial infections a lot! And there are several prescriptions that will get rid of it. Hope that helps!
cutss ! ?
do you shave there ? if so maybe normal, but if these cuts have developed outaa nowhere i suggest see a doctor soon sweety,
not to sound stupid but where can i get dettol from and wat is it?
You have Bacteria Vaginosis. If you go to the doctor they are going to give you a medication called Flaygl which will kill it but will also make you vulnerable to a yeast infection and the Bacteria Vaginosis WILL return. Boric Acid kills Bacterial Vaginosis and yeast infections. You can get boric acid online or at your local Natural Pharmacist.
It may sound crazy, but when a female has a bad smell. Its cuz, they have some type of infection. But with your case, a fishy rotten smell. And you went to doctor, and every thing seems to be ok. well i hate to say it and its pretty crazy, but really the only time it smells that rotten. That u can smell it, standing up. And know matter what u do, or how u clean. It comes right back, If when its ur time of the month. u use tampons, If so i think u may have one stuck way inside ur stomach. Its happenend to me twice, and it smelled like something died inside of me. know matter how many showers, cleanings. I would smell it right after, It was so nasty but it wasnt infection, it was that. so if u went to doctor and every thing is good. Then u need to put ur fingers inside u, as far as they can go, and feel around. And if having sex, then its way up there thats the only thing that can make u smell that bad. Ive had lots of different infections, and the smell but not as bad as they do when u have a tampon stuck inside u.
Right, I'm 15 years old and I had sex for the first time a couple of days ago and ever since it has smelt really bad/fishy?! Why is it like that I'm not sure. I'm too scared to see a doctor because I am self concious and I really am not wanting to see one, as I am only 15 and too scared. I've had baths and cleaned but it wont go, what's happened and what can I do?
i also have the same problem. but the fishy smell comes after my period and it goes like one week before my period. what should i do?
evn my vagina stinks i use talcum powder...like i spread it on ma undrwear n its like it remains dry n odour free...bt hw lng i cn cntinue dis...plz suggst sumthin...
                  A womans Ph can be off   drinking cranberry juice helps.  your system is more alkali than acidic also   trimming hair will help !
Okaii! When i Have Sex My VJ start's To Get an Awkward Smell i shower After but it Burn's And when i pee in the morning it Smell's Horrible Like Tuna. I Used Hydrogen Peroxide twice a day but it seem's to Not Really Work. i Hate When Me and My Boyfriend Start To Mess Around and i Just  dont Smell Right Or feel Clean. How Do i get that Itchy, Dirty Smelly Feeling Away It's EMBARRASING :( ; ( "( And Plus i am Very Self Confident It Really Effect's My Daily life :(
is it weird that my boyfriend loves the smell? i would go check before sex because he eats me out sometimes and i dont what it to smell like shimps or whatever anyway i would tell him let me go wash and freshing up a bit and he goes NO! i love the smell and im all like ewwww but believe or not  the smell turns him on but to me its a turn off
i thought i was the only one with this problem!? i see a lot of females have the same problem as me but no one really talks about it. i'm embarrased too to go to the doctors because i think females should smell even though i clean down there all the time & wipe front to back. i started to notice this smell after i had my son Jan. 8, 2011. it's been a year now, & my man even notices it. i like that he still accepts me & keeps it real by telling me it smells but it's embarrasing. i plan to go to the doctors real soon because i can't live with this forever & everyone probably thinks i'm dirty smh...
I have a fishy smell n I wash up every day I used to have clymidia but the meds got rid of it wth is wrong with me??
when you got the discharge how did it look? i been getting discharge like clear. and i been having cramps also last night i got like a white milky sorta discharge not alot though. does this mean my period is coming soon?
oh and also like my vagina smells like period blood but there isnt any period blood.and it feels like its about to come but instead i get discharge like sticky wet
Thank you for saying all that, I was too frustrated with all the misinformation to reply to that poster. Also, it bugs the hell out me when men and women confuse the VULVA with the VAGINA.  For those who don't know (you do) the vulva is the external vaginal area that you can see without a speculum. The vagina is the BIRTH CANAL.
I am pregnant and also have TONS of yellowish discharge with a very foul (not fishy) odor. I have been tested twice in the past few months for all bacterial, yeast, and std infections and have been negative for everything- twice.. I have had BV 5 times in my life from using soaps...and I don't feel that it's the same symptoms (I learned my lesson with soaps).
However, The dr's and nurses that I have seen tell me this is normal. But, I can't accept that this is normal. I really don't know what to do now......  This is NOT normal! It's never been this bad in my life! It's embarrassing!
Thank u all i will try the baking powder ive been doctor to doctor looking For them to say i got a std but that wasnt it pids or utis im Big and never had a promb like this i will be back with up dates from using the baking soda
be nice about it, but mention that while you really want to please her you're just having a hard time with how she smells SOMETIMES. let her know that she might have an infection from sex or douching and suggest "a few things my sister/ex did to help when they had that little problem"... then list some of the things on this blog...
Well ladies it has been my experience that I smell fine until my boyfriend of one year has sex with the woman that he lives with or with his ex wife.

I can defiantly tell when he is playing in another playpen. I have told him many many times to rap it plz,.
Hi Shanti, well most people say and think vigina (vagina) clean itself. I don't think so. Well inside the vigina (vagina) always have discharge and you have to soap your hand and finger your inside in a circular motion. As you do that white stuff will come out and when it finish clean you will notice the difference. Inside will feel crispy, dry and meaty. That is how I clean my vigina (vagina).
I was wondering if someone could please help me as this is un usual to me I recently I have had a funny smell down below with my mucas , the colour doesent look any different but it smells really fishy and when I have sex I start to smell fishy even after a shower straight after I smell I don't understand and I have the implant so my pyriods come at different times could I have an infection down below or bacteria :(
from the nature boy.maybe it is natural. I sleep with differet girls and even sometimes I pay for sex.so sometimes they do smill I don't mind it.because they take care of themselves to look beautiful and clean and smell good etc.so they won't let that happen. please fel aswesome and keep the hope.
There was no "like" button  lol  but I thought your answer was really on point!  
Listen up ladies.  If you have an odor problem and are repeatedly going to the doctors for antibiotics, you most likely have bv.  Bacterial vaginosis.  It's in unfortunate condition.   To make matters worse, modem medicine is our worst enemy.   I have researched for eight long years.  I've tried everything.    Go and get a jamu stick.   It will eliminate any bad odor.  It is unbelievable.  Next best thing to a cure.  It has been used for centuries in Asia, has done the job for millions of women around the world.   It works.  Look up jamu stick, they r cheap, they look strange like clay.  U put it in u for a few minutes and not only does it cleanze u, eliminating odor and discharge completely, it makes you extremely stimulated and reach your full potential in sex.  Ive never posted anything in my life.  But ladies, those ******** r taking hundreds and thousands of our dollars all these years when clearly its not helping.  
Traditional medicine should be used when treating bv.  Don't you ever trust your doctor.  They know little about bv, and sadly there are no specialists.   Yet.  Meanwhile jamu stick is as good as a cure.   Throw away your yogurt and probiotics,  and get a jamu stick.  
you really need to go to the doctor, i know its embarrasing but its important that you do... my 4 year old daughter had the same problem and i freked right out, she has a form of dermitits inside her vagina that results in what looks like cuts, and is incredibly painful for her, now that we know what it is a dose of antibiotics and steroid creams have it sorted, also dont use any soap, and try 1 cup of vinegar in  bath to help with healing and pain
im the same way i was sitting at work and an employee said what is that smell i was so embarrassed i closed my legs even tighter than they were before i shower 3 times a day and i still smell i cry every day its smells horrible
REALLY are you serious RIGHT NOW,  Two weeks and your already putting your face there. UGH maybe you should get to know the girl before you smell her. So remember dont sweat the pettie things and dont pet the sweatie things, and for goodness of all man kind please dont but your face in something that smells of fish or rotten odor.
i had this problem for a few months , i talked to a friend who said all my vigina (vagina) needed was more oxygen so it needed to breathe more. she advised me to once in a while go with out underwear and it worked like magic. slowly the smell left me, the discharge is still there but doesnt smell rotten anymore. try it and let me know if it works . Good luck
Hi all, I also had that experience and i know how it feels like but there is a product you can use its called BioBalanceUTH unitary tract health it Works you can find it at most chemists...Just try it I did and it worked
one way to cure the smell downstairs is sleeping without pants/or panties, letting the air into thy thighs and into thy private parts... also gets rid of the smell, and wash it more often and clean thy undies in hot water... :) thank u hope that helps
I can't believe this, your VAGINA SHOULD NOT SMELL AT ALL PERIOD! I have never been with a woman where her vagina smells and if it does it's either do to
1. Pour Hygiene
2. Infection of some kind
3. excessive bleeding during menstrual cycle
4. similar to a nose bleed, blood vessels to close to the surface of the vaginal lining leaching blood into the vagina when not on your menstrual cycle
5. STD

The best thing you can do is take a bath or visit a swimming pool, gessh

If it smells then you already have a problem so letting your bf/husband endure it is just terrible. if it stinks the clean it with plane water, FYI water is water has neutral pH so putting water in your vagina or taking a bath does not and would not hurt you unless you have some other problem already....Period

women have been bathing for 1000's of years with NO PROBLEM, so take a bath
I am a nurse. You and one other commenter had the most sensible wise advise. I was wondering if anyone was going to finally say something that made sense. I was getting worried. Good job! Is your occupation in the medical field?
I am wondering if you have had sex recently and are not disclosing this. Vaginal sex for the first time or the first few times in a woman's life can cause little cuts that are called fissures. That is common in most women. If you do not have any symptoms of an infection then you will probably be fine after a few days. Please just make sure you always have protected sex! Always! And, if you are having sex you need to see a gynecologist and consider birth control. Also, I would really encourage you to talk to one of your parents about it.