smelly vigina.....is this normal?
i have been like this for as long as i no, i go in the bath or shower clean myself, within 2 hours i smell downstairs, how can i help this, its really horrible to because ill go in the shower be4 i go to my boyfriends an we'll have a play n i smell as if i havent washed, please help me
good day!

i really enjoyed your comments in here..well I am 34 years separated and have present boy friend.. since i was operated with permanent ligation i dont like the smell of my discharges, I just visited this site yesterday and try following some of the advice here, i stop using panty liners since last night and even im in work i diddnt use it anymore. i also stop using paper tisue for wiping after i went to toilet.but use water instead..i really enjoy what you posted and im planning to drop by to any grocery store and check baking soda..thanks to all and hope everybody well have a good smell vigina...this is Lairab88
Bravo, good sir!!!

I can't believe you didn't get more replies. :O  Your post was articulate, informative, attention grabbing and chuckle worthy.  tldr?

Your post/thread.  You should repost! O.O

P to tha s, if you're ever single, maybe we could...

no.......

wait a minute.......

I'm....

happily...

married....

Hmmm.....--.--

Oh well, thanks for the tip! =D Hopefully I can help someone with the info some day. Also, I completely agree with you on the little money-grubbing docs in the pockets of the big, money-grubbing corps.  Wastes of oxegen as far as I'm concerned.  

Have a nice life! (Vote PhillyD for prez!) ;D
So , i had sex and like ever since that theres this white gooey creamy lookin liquid coming out of my vagina and it happens with in hours everytime iShower .. and including the smell , its very unpleasent to me !
what do iDo , and how do iMake the smell go away ? anythinng helps .. plus im to emmbarassed to tell anyone , so iNeed something for me to clean it by myself .
put a little bleach in your bathwater and that should clear it up.
Put a little bleach in your bath water less then a 4th of a cup.
Put a little bleach in your bath water.
Try putting 1/4  cup or less  bleach in your bath water.
PUT A LITTLE BLEACH IN YOUR BATH WATER.
TRY PUTTING A LITTLE BLEACH IN YOUR BATH WATER.
Wow I thought I was the only person with this problem. I douche and use the sprays as well as powders. But I don't douche all the time.
I have a question regarding having periods? I've noticed that when you're having your period it seems that the odor in my body changes too,like im having this B.O. smell. does anybody know why this happens? Even i just got from the shower in a matter of 30  mins or so i  can smell my armpits badly.why is it like that?
I'm in need of some major help. I don't know what's wrong. I went to the doctor and she says I don't have any STD's or anything. Still, it's a tad bit itchy down there, and my private area doesn't smell bad or anything but it smells different (my boyfriend admitted that to me). I'm also experience a RIDICULOUS amount of pain when I pee, because I had these red and what seems to be inflammated bumps in the inner of my vagina. It stings. I can't even urinate! This is so embarassing.
Hey girls, I just found some interesting news and I want to share it with my female community so we can all learn from it.  There may be about three reasons why a women may have a smell: (1) a yeast infection; (2) bacteria vaginosis; or (3) a STD.  I have never had a STD but I started to get a foul odor.  No matter what I did that smell would not go away.  First, I treated it as if it was a yeast infection but it seemed like I had a yeast infection every month right around my period and then it will go away afterwards.  So, i started douching and it went away for about a day or two and then would come right back.  Whenever, I went to the doctor the pap smears will come up normal and my blood work would come up fine.  So after a while, you give up hope.  you just think it is normal to get this way, right before your period.   But one day, after being celibate for 15 months, I decided I wanted to have sex.  So I met this really hotttt guy.  When he came over, I got in the shower - so I could be extra fresh and I started having sex with him when this really foul, unbearable odor started illuminating from me.  Of course, my first thought was that he was with another women prior to coming to my home and she was nasty.  So I stopped having intercourse and started smelling his and my underwear but the smell wasn't on neither.  Nevertheless, I kept smelling the bad odor.  Once I came to terms with the fact that it was me (which was extremely hard), I told him about and we discussed it.  He then told me that it was probably to due to an ph hormone imbalance.  And that I should go to a doctor because I might have bacteria vaginosis.  I did not know what it was so I googled it and I found a great site - http://www.medicinenet.com/bacterial_vaginosis/article.htm.  Here is a quick explanation: Your vagina produces good and bad bacteria.  Bacteria Vaginosis occurs when your body is producing more bad bacteria than good.  Some common causes may be from a change in sexual partners, multiple sexual partners, semen, or some antibiotics that you may have been taking.  You may have discharge with this bacteria and it is commonly mistaken to be a yeast infection, or a STD.  This is why when you get a foul odor, you must go to the doctor and check it out.  However, your doctor may not know what is wrong because he or she, is not familiar with the infection, or it just does not cross their mind.  You have to remember that doctors just practice medicine.  They do not know everything that can possibly be wrong.  So for the most part, you have to be diligent on your own and try to find out what is wrong.  Search the internet and try diagnosis yourself based on your symptoms.  I know this sounds stupid, but I went to the doctor with a list of what I thought it may be and one of the things on the list, I was diagnose with.  If you learn anything, learn this - if you have a foul odor illuminating from your body, it is not normal.  It is your body telling something is wrong.  Don't give up!  Get different opinions.  The minute you notice something is wrong, start searching for a possible diagnosis based on your symptoms, then go to your doctor, and get the right treatment.  A lot of the times, the doctor may not know what is going on or what medicine to proscribe.  So make sure you have your research on hand and ask questions!  TRUST ME this will safe you a lot of headaches and embarrassment. GOOD LUCK LADIES!
Hey sweetie:

I am so sorry you had to go through those embarrassing moments.  I know it may be uncomfortable for you but you may have to go to the doctor and get checked out.  You may have something called bacteria vaginosis - look at this site to understand better - http://www.medicinenet.com/bacterial_vaginosis/article.htm.  

Your vagina is suppose to have a certain number of good and bad bacteria cells to be healthy.  However, when you have multiple sexual partners, change sexual partners, douche or take certain antibiotics it may have a negative effect on the bacteria in your vagina.  Thus, when you smell a fishy/musty smell it is definitely not normal and you must see a doctor to find out what it is.  However, before you go to the doctor look on the internet for possible a diagnosis based on the symptoms you have because doctors are only human and they may misdiagnose you.  A misdiagnosis is bad because it can may your condition worse.  So be careful and good luck!
If you have a lot of discharge it could be a pH balance or you possibly could have a bacterial infection. I tend to get bacterial infections a lot! And there are several prescriptions that will get rid of it. Hope that helps!
cutss ! ?
do you shave there ? if so maybe normal, but if these cuts have developed outaa nowhere i suggest see a doctor soon sweety,
not to sound stupid but where can i get dettol from and wat is it?
You have Bacteria Vaginosis. If you go to the doctor they are going to give you a medication called Flaygl which will kill it but will also make you vulnerable to a yeast infection and the Bacteria Vaginosis WILL return. Boric Acid kills Bacterial Vaginosis and yeast infections. You can get boric acid online or at your local Natural Pharmacist.
It may sound crazy, but when a female has a bad smell. Its cuz, they have some type of infection. But with your case, a fishy rotten smell. And you went to doctor, and every thing seems to be ok. well i hate to say it and its pretty crazy, but really the only time it smells that rotten. That u can smell it, standing up. And know matter what u do, or how u clean. It comes right back, If when its ur time of the month. u use tampons, If so i think u may have one stuck way inside ur stomach. Its happenend to me twice, and it smelled like something died inside of me. know matter how many showers, cleanings. I would smell it right after, It was so nasty but it wasnt infection, it was that. so if u went to doctor and every thing is good. Then u need to put ur fingers inside u, as far as they can go, and feel around. And if having sex, then its way up there thats the only thing that can make u smell that bad. Ive had lots of different infections, and the smell but not as bad as they do when u have a tampon stuck inside u.
Right, I'm 15 years old and I had sex for the first time a couple of days ago and ever since it has smelt really bad/fishy?! Why is it like that I'm not sure. I'm too scared to see a doctor because I am self concious and I really am not wanting to see one, as I am only 15 and too scared. I've had baths and cleaned but it wont go, what's happened and what can I do?
i also have the same problem. but the fishy smell comes after my period and it goes like one week before my period. what should i do?
evn my vagina stinks i use talcum powder...like i spread it on ma undrwear n its like it remains dry n odour free...bt hw lng i cn cntinue dis...plz suggst sumthin...
                  A womans Ph can be off   drinking cranberry juice helps.  your system is more alkali than acidic also   trimming hair will help !
Okaii! When i Have Sex My VJ start's To Get an Awkward Smell i shower After but it Burn's And when i pee in the morning it Smell's Horrible Like Tuna. I Used Hydrogen Peroxide twice a day but it seem's to Not Really Work. i Hate When Me and My Boyfriend Start To Mess Around and i Just  dont Smell Right Or feel Clean. How Do i get that Itchy, Dirty Smelly Feeling Away It's EMBARRASING :( ; ( "( And Plus i am Very Self Confident It Really Effect's My Daily life :(
is it weird that my boyfriend loves the smell? i would go check before sex because he eats me out sometimes and i dont what it to smell like shimps or whatever anyway i would tell him let me go wash and freshing up a bit and he goes NO! i love the smell and im all like ewwww but believe or not  the smell turns him on but to me its a turn off
i thought i was the only one with this problem!? i see a lot of females have the same problem as me but no one really talks about it. i'm embarrased too to go to the doctors because i think females should smell even though i clean down there all the time & wipe front to back. i started to notice this smell after i had my son Jan. 8, 2011. it's been a year now, & my man even notices it. i like that he still accepts me & keeps it real by telling me it smells but it's embarrasing. i plan to go to the doctors real soon because i can't live with this forever & everyone probably thinks i'm dirty smh...
I have a fishy smell n I wash up every day I used to have clymidia but the meds got rid of it wth is wrong with me??
when you got the discharge how did it look? i been getting discharge like clear. and i been having cramps also last night i got like a white milky sorta discharge not alot though. does this mean my period is coming soon?
oh and also like my vagina smells like period blood but there isnt any period blood.and it feels like its about to come but instead i get discharge like sticky wet
Thank you for saying all that, I was too frustrated with all the misinformation to reply to that poster. Also, it bugs the hell out me when men and women confuse the VULVA with the VAGINA.  For those who don't know (you do) the vulva is the external vaginal area that you can see without a speculum. The vagina is the BIRTH CANAL.
I am pregnant and also have TONS of yellowish discharge with a very foul (not fishy) odor. I have been tested twice in the past few months for all bacterial, yeast, and std infections and have been negative for everything- twice.. I have had BV 5 times in my life from using soaps...and I don't feel that it's the same symptoms (I learned my lesson with soaps).
However, The dr's and nurses that I have seen tell me this is normal. But, I can't accept that this is normal. I really don't know what to do now......  This is NOT normal! It's never been this bad in my life! It's embarrassing!
Thank u all i will try the baking powder ive been doctor to doctor looking For them to say i got a std but that wasnt it pids or utis im Big and never had a promb like this i will be back with up dates from using the baking soda
be nice about it, but mention that while you really want to please her you're just having a hard time with how she smells SOMETIMES. let her know that she might have an infection from sex or douching and suggest "a few things my sister/ex did to help when they had that little problem"... then list some of the things on this blog...
Well ladies it has been my experience that I smell fine until my boyfriend of one year has sex with the woman that he lives with or with his ex wife.

I can defiantly tell when he is playing in another playpen. I have told him many many times to rap it plz,.
I was wondering if someone could please help me as this is un usual to me I recently I have had a funny smell down below with my mucas , the colour doesent look any different but it smells really fishy and when I have sex I start to smell fishy even after a shower straight after I smell I don't understand and I have the implant so my pyriods come at different times could I have an infection down below or bacteria :(
from the nature boy.maybe it is natural. I sleep with differet girls and even sometimes I pay for sex.so sometimes they do smill I don't mind it.because they take care of themselves to look beautiful and clean and smell good etc.so they won't let that happen. please fel aswesome and keep the hope.
There was no "like" button  lol  but I thought your answer was really on point!  
Listen up ladies.  If you have an odor problem and are repeatedly going to the doctors for antibiotics, you most likely have bv.  Bacterial vaginosis.  It's in unfortunate condition.   To make matters worse, modem medicine is our worst enemy.   I have researched for eight long years.  I've tried everything.    Go and get a jamu stick.   It will eliminate any bad odor.  It is unbelievable.  Next best thing to a cure.  It has been used for centuries in Asia, has done the job for millions of women around the world.   It works.  Look up jamu stick, they r cheap, they look strange like clay.  U put it in u for a few minutes and not only does it cleanze u, eliminating odor and discharge completely, it makes you extremely stimulated and reach your full potential in sex.  Ive never posted anything in my life.  But ladies, those ******** r taking hundreds and thousands of our dollars all these years when clearly its not helping.  
Traditional medicine should be used when treating bv.  Don't you ever trust your doctor.  They know little about bv, and sadly there are no specialists.   Yet.  Meanwhile jamu stick is as good as a cure.   Throw away your yogurt and probiotics,  and get a jamu stick.  
you really need to go to the doctor, i know its embarrasing but its important that you do... my 4 year old daughter had the same problem and i freked right out, she has a form of dermitits inside her vagina that results in what looks like cuts, and is incredibly painful for her, now that we know what it is a dose of antibiotics and steroid creams have it sorted, also dont use any soap, and try 1 cup of vinegar in  bath to help with healing and pain
im the same way i was sitting at work and an employee said what is that smell i was so embarrassed i closed my legs even tighter than they were before i shower 3 times a day and i still smell i cry every day its smells horrible
REALLY are you serious RIGHT NOW,  Two weeks and your already putting your face there. UGH maybe you should get to know the girl before you smell her. So remember dont sweat the pettie things and dont pet the sweatie things, and for goodness of all man kind please dont but your face in something that smells of fish or rotten odor.
i had this problem for a few months , i talked to a friend who said all my vigina needed was more oxygen so it needed to breathe more. she advised me to once in a while go with out underwear and it worked like magic. slowly the smell left me, the discharge is still there but doesnt smell rotten anymore. try it and let me know if it works . Good luck
one way to cure the smell downstairs is sleeping without pants/or panties, letting the air into thy thighs and into thy private parts... also gets rid of the smell, and wash it more often and clean thy undies in hot water... :) thank u hope that helps
I am wondering if you have had sex recently and are not disclosing this. Vaginal sex for the first time or the first few times in a woman's life can cause little cuts that are called fissures. That is common in most women. If you do not have any symptoms of an infection then you will probably be fine after a few days. Please just make sure you always have protected sex! Always! And, if you are having sex you need to see a gynecologist and consider birth control. Also, I would really encourage you to talk to one of your parents about it.
the best virigina odour killer is , add a little salt inside warm water make it salty alittle and then use it to wash your virgina , and also use baking powder mix it in side the vinger put little of it inside your bathing water It kill the odour , it work for me and my friends try it and you will see
I just have to say I agree with you all the way!!
this is best comment yet..
I need help.  I don't know if one has anything to do w the other but I am worried.  My husband went on a weekend trip w friends.  He came home and we obviously had welcome home sex.  4 days later I noticed I had an awful fishy odor from my vaginal area.  I don't think he would ever cheat on me.  We aren't a young couple,  38 him, 41 me,  I should know by now what this could be but have never had any odors like this.  There is a slight discharge.  No burning, itching, sores, etc.  Just the odor.  Seems like it gets stronger then better.  I do take alot of baths and do smoke.  Could it be bacteria or should I be looking into what he may have done?  Just very odd