smelly vigina.....is this normal?
i have been like this for as long as i no, i go in the bath or shower clean myself, within 2 hours i smell downstairs, how can i help this, its really horrible to because ill go in the shower be4 i go to my boyfriends an we'll have a play n i smell as if i havent washed, please help me
Well there are vaginal washes that you can use and also feminine powders. Is it just the outside or the inside? If the smell is coming from the outside you can use simple home remedies such as bathing with dettol or a lime on your wash cloth. If it is coming from the inside then you can try to douche. If that doesn't work it may be a serious infection.
Hope you can rectify your problem soon, good luck!!!!!!!!
Hi Shanti, have you been to the doctors?  Sounds like you may have an infection, get yourself down to the doctor as its not normal?
its coming from the outside. do this dettol really work. does it pratect u just for a couple of hours or what?
thank you btw
Feminine washes/sprays/deodorants, yuck. We all have a scent, and it's not supposed to be roses, lol. But if the smell is unpleasant, see your doctor. As another poster noted, you probably have an infection.

Which brings me to my other point - NEVER douche. I can't say this strongly enough. Not only is that more likely to trigger an infection by upsetting the balance of bacteria in your vagina, but you could force any infection you might have deeper, leading to PID.
Well I have a couple people who I spoke to in regards to the dettol and my mother was the first to tell me about it. You can actually bathe with the dettol first and then bathe with ordinary soap or vice versa. I used it when I used to play sports to keep the sweaty smell off of me. It worked and surprisingly like for 8hrs. I mean every body is different but this definately worked for me. But please dilute it it is really strong.
My GYN told me about douching with banking soda and water.  Make sure the water has been boiled.  He explains while douching with abrasive cleaners like vinegar and such may upset your vagina natural ability to produce good bacteria fighting enzymes, banking soda is a solvent detergent which means it can be pumped through your veins, its non toxic. It really works.  My GYN called me "a juicy girl".  By that he meant I produce alot of fluid which causes odor and bacteria.  I tell you this b/c since I have been douching with the banking soda; I have not had problems with odor.  I can douche with it everyday or every week, and I have not had problems with infections that I had when I douched with vinegar and water.  People once used banking powder as deodorant and in the creases of the skin, some still do.
I was told by my doctor that wiping from the front to the back can make a difference!  I tried it and a lot of my odor went away.  Don't know if that helps, but try to always wipe from your vagina towards your rectum if you don't already.
I agree w/ monkeyflower.  Douching can actually cause infections, not help with odor.  
You need to see a doc, b/c abnormal odor (fishy smell, with or without odd discharge) is a sign of infection.  And some bacterial infections don't even have symptoms.  
Find a doc, and see if there's something you can treat.
Also, overly washing, even with regular soap can cause you to get an infection.  I know that doesn't make sense, but there are normal levels of bacteria that live in the vagina all the time, and if you wash too much, it disrupts this natural balance.
Just see a doc.
Do you have a lot of discharge because i feel like I always do its gross it feel like i get my period when its actually just a load of discharge?? is this normal???
i SOMETIMES GET THE MOST OFFENSIVE SMELL, IT REMINDS ME OF  A SULPHUR TYPE SMELL, SOMETIMES ITS A VERY ROTTEN SMELL. I WENT TO THE DR AND FOUND I HAD A BACTERIAL INFECTION, IT WENT AWAY WITH MEDICATION.IS YOUR ALWAYS PRESENT OR DOES IT COME AND GO? DOES YOUR BOYFRIEND NOTICE IT?
it's normal...a few years ago, i had the same problem...i started using Summer's Eve Fem. wash down there during my showers and then I used the Summer's Eve lotion after my shower...ever since then, I haven't had ANY issues...so yeah...but if it's coming from the inside, then I would suggest seeing a doc...might be an infection that can more than likely get cleared up with some medication. Good luck! :)
i am having a fishy smell and its really bad sometimes i have been with my boyfriend for about a year now and he can smell it too when we are having sex but i dont have any discharge or ichieness what is wrong?
yeah I know exactly what your all saying about fishy smells, discharging..rotten oders I got it all.. everytime I went in to get a papsmear they give me results stating that I am ok.. no problem..but why do I smell horrible? its imbarrassing to walk around and you know you own smell either rotten or fresh..if it stinks that bad and u still smell it when ur standing up..thats sad! I'm still tryna find answers why the dirty oder still remains no matter if I ******...i'd wash up like 3 times a day..then I fully shower my whole body like 3 times a week. I don't smell its my kitty cat "*****" that gets the oder.
Maybe you have the bacteria vaginosis.  Its an infection that causes for a women to smell fishy and have discharge. Tell your doc to check you for that.  Goodluck
I was trying to go D**N on my g/f last night but the smell around her vigina is really really strong and i just couldn't do anything.   I don't want to tell her because i don't know her well and we've been in relationship for 2 weeks so far.   Is there any way to prevent it....??   or should be talknig to her about it....?
I've had bacterial vaginosis twice this year.  The doctor gave me medication.  I noticed it helps when I use cotton underwear.   Howver, I  sometimes feel the strong smell coming from the inside.  Also my skin there itches and looks not smooth.  I am not sexually active at the time
I have an odor that smells like B.O. I get it pretty often, not all the time. I have gotten it ever since i was 13. It's so embarrassing. I hate to go to the bathroom where i know someone else is going to go in behind me. I don't want them to smell it. I have never heard of a B.O. odor coming from down there before. Have any of you? What is it and what do you do about it? I take a shower everyday and sometimes when i come home that evening I'll smell like it. Sometimes it is very strong and other times it's not. The smell is usually just in my panties. Please help!
i have some like horrible dischrge on my pants and sometimes smells horrible i dont want to go 2 the doctors because i am embarrased could you help me and tell me what it mite be please? x
my viginal area gets sweaty realy fast & i get smelly discharge. could you let me know what this could be caused by..this is something that has just started recently. And my armpits get sweaty & smelly few hours after coming out the shower aswell. please tell me what the problem could be!
thanks